Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2013, 18:18   #31
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Seatcat, it is quite amazing that you've managed to put almost 28K km on the odo in two days considering you got her on January 5, 2013!! Where did you drive to partner??!!

.... Cheers!
Hi Omtoatom,
Sorry that's a typo error . to be read as 05th jan2010. Thanks for the inputs.
regards,
Old 28th January 2013, 18:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Nice review. The suspension does not change at all in S. Nor does your car have BT-Audio, or 16" wheels (Ambiente comes with 15").

That mileage is pretty good considering the traffic on your commute.
regards the suspension, when in sports mode it feels faster like its about to jump out of its skin which gives you afeeling that she has stiffened up a bit. of course this may not be happening technically...I would not be the expert on this. Mine was more a way of saying S mode rocks !!

BT-Audio - Strange, my radio displays BT audio - though never managed to link up. Maybe its disabled like all good things always are

Sorry 15"inch wheels not 16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Nice Review. Can you post some pictures of your car. The Ambiente comes with 15 inch wheels.
Your mileage in city driving conditions is not bad at all considering i get around 12-13kmpl in my Octavia tdi in peak hour traffic from Suburbs to South Mumbai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reachanoop View Post
Great review Seacat! And quite reassuring for me since I'll be booking an MY13 Laura L&K tomorrow. Expecting delivery sometime next week. I heard the current batch of MY13 models come with the famous VRS dragon alloys across all variants of diesel as well. Looking forward.
Many thanks for all your inputs. been travelling so took some time to catch up. few typo errors probably in the excitement of putting up the review fast.
Regards the mileage - a little bit dissapointing as i was expecting to get around 13 km/ltr at least. Even changed over to filling diesel from a Company owned pump only hoping that the fuel quality might be better and therefore performance, but sadly no real improvement.

reachanoop, Congrats and enjoy the ride
Old 28th January 2013, 19:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi Omtoatom,
Sorry that's a typo error . to be read as 05th jan2010. Thanks for the inputs.
regards,

Of course, I figured that buddy. But it was hilarious picturing someone huffing and puffing and laboring in order to rake up 28K KM in just two days in a car!! I mean speed notwithstanding, even Superman would've been proud of that record.

Hey but thanks for a moment of fun mate! Cheers!

Last edited by Omtoatom : 28th January 2013 at 19:04.
Old 31st January 2013, 09:21   #34

hi all,
i have a Laura manual from 2008 - we have done about 55000km, i am surprised with your economy my car is returning an average milage of about 10-12Km/liter in city and an average of 16- 20km/liter on highways at an average speed of 100 to 120km/hr

If this is your first automatic then the milage could be because of the driving style.
Old 4th February 2013, 12:16   #35
BHPian

Hi Anoop_blr,
thanks. Yes perhaps it's the driving style, but honestly I tried for almost a month restraining myself flooring the pedal intermittently and shifting into the next gear gradually but it did not make much diff in the consumption. Skoda told me that after the first service I would notice a huge improvement in fuel figures but sadly I have not.
To be very candid though, i am not too distirbed by the fuel consp figs and drive more for the thrill of it.
regards,
Old 22nd September 2015, 14:49   #36
BHPian

Skoda Laura-Suspension bushing

Hi,
My 2010 Ambient AT has done 60,000 Km. I have been advised to change the suspension bushes by both the ASS and by the dealer when I replaced my tyres recently .
Question is;
1. How do I make out if they really require replacement or if I can pull on for little longer?
2. Does anyone know how much it costs to have them replaced.?
3. is it worth taking the chance and getting it changed by a local mechanic.?

I know a mechanic whom I can trust but not sure how complex it is to change the bushes on this vehicle.
I fear that going back to the ASS will lead to unnecessary expenses. I am sure all of us have had that experience at some time or the other :-)

regards,
Seacat
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura-Suspension bushing

Quote:
Hi,
My 2010 Ambient AT has done 60,000 Km. I have been advised to change the suspension bushes by both the ASS and by the dealer when I replaced my tyres recently .
Question is;
1. How do I make out if they really require replacement or if I can pull on for little longer?
2. Does anyone know how much it costs to have them replaced.?
3. is it worth taking the chance and getting it changed by a local mechanic.?

I know a mechanic whom I can trust but not sure how complex it is to change the bushes on this vehicle.
I fear that going back to the ASS will lead to unnecessary expenses. I am sure all of us have had that experience at some time or the other :-)

regards,
Seacat
Hi Seacat,
IMO, it is advisable to replace the suspension bushes after 60000 km. You will feel the difference after changing the bushes.

Changing the bushes is not that complex, only you need to get OE bushes.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi Seacat,
IMO, it is advisable to replace the suspension bushes after 60000 km. You will feel the difference after changing the bushes.

Changing the bushes is not that complex, only you need to get OE bushes.
Thanks Rahul,
Then I guess any good mechanic can do the job. Any idea where I can get the OEM bushes from. I live in Mumbai
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

60k kms in a D1 segment sedan without changing the bushes so far, is quite good. Typically these cars tend to need replacement a little sooner owing to the fact that these cars were never engineered for our roads and companies spend little money testing them for our terrible Indian conditions.

It is a simple job and you can drop your car off at any trusted garage for the work

Last edited by IshaanIan : 22nd September 2015 at 16:32.
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rahul,
Then I guess any good mechanic can do the job. Any idea where I can get the OEM bushes from. I live in Mumbai
You can check at the Shetty Motors at Opera House in Mumbai. Pl refer to the following thread started by GTO:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...se-mumbai.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks