Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 08:29   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post

This is a bit of surprise. My Vento has run about 9.5K Kms and is about 8 months old. Initially I used to get about 22-24 Kmpl on highways and now it has dropped to about 18-20 Kmpl which is still good (the drop could be attributed to my careful driving during initial days). I have found that keeping the car at constant 80Kmph and not accelerating a lot gives 22-25 Kmpl but then Vento is a more capable car and difficult to keep it just at 80Kmph. In city I manage to get atleast 13-14 Kmpl in bad Bangalore traffic (think BTM layout, Silk Board, Sarjapur-ORR). So, I guess something is wrong here. Related to brakes smoking out and engine fault light going off you reported ?

My Vento engine opened up fully after running about 8K Kms. It is much smoother and seems to spin more freely and effortlessly.

I agree on the brakes though. I am still not comfortable with the way it feels but I know it is reliable.
Well the mileage has def. picked up after they cleaned the air filter. they've asked me to come back if it still continues to bottom out. the last few days have seen 12-13km/l. still not satisfied but its better than the ridiculous 7 I was getting!
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:38   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Achtung! My Blue Blooded Berliner, the VW Vento! 5000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey645 View Post
Well the mileage has def. picked up after they cleaned the air filter. they've asked me to come back if it still continues to bottom out. the last few days have seen 12-13km/l. still not satisfied but its better than the ridiculous 7 I was getting!
Though I too had felt my mileage goes up after change of air filter it seems that may be just placebo . The mileage drop may be related to something else. Effect of air filter
Old 22nd July 2013, 14:15   #48
BHPian

Quote:
7 Kmpl is ridiculous and 12-13 Kmpl is also quite low compared to what I get and what other folks have reported.

If you are not getting satisfactory response from service center, you may want to register a complaint by calling Volkswagen toll-free no. Also, follow it up with a mail to Volkswagen. VW seems to take such complaints seriously off late and it may be better to keep VW in loop. Low mileage may be a symptom of much larger issue which you may want to sort out sooner than later.
Old 22nd July 2013, 14:51   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Though I too had felt my mileage goes up after change of air filter it seems that may be just placebo . The mileage drop may be related to something else. Effect of air filter
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
7 Kmpl is ridiculous and 12-13 Kmpl is also quite low compared to what I get and what other folks have reported.

If you are not getting satisfactory response from service center, you may want to register a complaint by calling Volkswagen toll-free no. Also, follow it up with a mail to Volkswagen. VW seems to take such complaints seriously off late and it may be better to keep VW in loop. Low mileage may be a symptom of much larger issue which you may want to sort out sooner than later.

Well, am not sure if they even cleaned the air filter in the first place. When I gave it to them, they said 7 kmpl is unheard of and that they would test it themselves. I then got a call from them where they proceeded to tell me in a very self congratulatory manner that they were getting 14.6 kmpl. When I insisted that the nos were what i was getting, they implied that i drive rashly (true, but no so rash as to get such abysmal nos.!! 5 yrs ago at the peak of my rash driving days, my petrol lancer used to give me 10-12kmpl! so, getting 12 from a diesel still seems unacceptable!)

I am seriously annoyed with the poor mileage, but figured now that its picking up, I should give it a chance to prove itself before raising hell with VW or Apple for that matter
Old 12th August 2013, 21:53   #50
BHPian

Quick update:

Just did a trip to masinagudi for the long weekend. 17.5kmpl onwards (4 of us, no a/c and tempered driving at under 100kmh throughout) and 15kmpl return. (Return was heavy traffic with the ac on for the entire journey.)

City mileage has shot up to 12.5 - 13. Breathing has just gotten a whole lot easier lol. Dunno what they did at the service center but its working for sure.
Old 16th September 2013, 22:12   #51
BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't? Dang, that would totally mess it up considering how useful that sensor is! If they are coming with an update that would be awesome! The only thing is.. if they are coming out with the update, then why ask me to buy from Germany instead of just telling me to wait for a few months. These dealers are nut jobs I tell ya!

Thanks Tats!
You should go for a rcd510 and oem bluetooth kit. Will transform the interiors of the car
vinj14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 17:40   #52
BHPian

Had my first accident and service within 2 days of each other. The service experience was worsened only by my accident experience. More details on that coming up soon... On a separate note, anyone here from Hyderabad? I will be relocating to HYD shortly and seeing how old most of the relocation threads were, was wondering if anyone has any tips on:
  1. Gachibowli as a residential area. Id be looking for a 3bhk apt.. so what kinda budgets should I be looking at?
  2. Car & bike transfers (should I transfer or just sell the Berliner and pick up a new one there seeing as how KA has the highest road tax in the country to begin with and since its already paid for, would I lose less money by selling it)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks