Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 16:33   #16
BHPian

Re: My "New" Used Baleno VXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Hi magnanimousdude,

I think I spotted your car on the Pallavaram, Velachery road last sunday. I flashed and honked but you did not notice.I was in the Figo. I did post it on the relevant thread but did not get a response.

Please always wear a seat belt. You did not when I saw you. Drive Safe.
Yup i saw you as well, i wanted to make sure that you saw my car as well thats the reason i overtook you . Glad you noticed it

Yes i didnt wear seat belts that day, you hit the nail, Normally i dont when doing very short trip or in Bumper to Bumper Traffic. But i strictly/religiously wear it when i take my cars in Highway.
Old 20th February 2013, 17:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
Yup i saw you as well, i wanted to make sure that you saw my car as well thats the reason i overtook you . Glad you noticed it

Yes i didnt wear seat belts that day, you hit the nail, Normally i dont when doing very short trip or in Bumper to Bumper Traffic. But i strictly/religiously wear it when i take my cars in Highway.
Thanks for the reply. I would surely encourage you to wear it at all times. Trust me I have been in situations where the seat belt has really helped.

Anyways, we will catch up sometime if possible. May be in a T-Bhp Meet.

Good day and take care.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 18:09   #18

Firstly Congratulations!! on your new buy.

I recently got myself a used Baleno as well a Silky Silver 2006 LXI with 87K clicks on the odo. I must say the car is an absolute beauty to drive above 30kmph below that I have similar issues as you more so in 2nd gear the solution is to shift to 3rd as soon as it starts to knock/jerk and the problem vanishes. I have not got it serviced yet, since the Mahindra First Choice guys did a service before handing it over to me. Below is the only pic I got so far.
Attached Thumbnails
My "New" Used Baleno VXI-upload.jpg  

Old 20th February 2013, 18:57   #19
BHPian

Hey congrats on the car!
However, Balenos are going for as low as 1-1.5 lac in Mumbai.

From where did you source that geesonic head unit? And how much did it cost?

Cheers
Old 20th February 2013, 19:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Thanks for the reply. I would surely encourage you to wear it at all times. Trust me I have been in situations where the seat belt has really helped.

Anyways, we will catch up sometime if possible. May be in a T-Bhp Meet.

Good day and take care.
Sure will do so Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
Firstly Congratulations!! on your new buy.

I recently got myself a used Baleno as well a Silky Silver 2006 LXI with 87K clicks on the odo. I must say the car is an absolute beauty to drive above 30kmph below that I have similar issues as you more so in 2nd gear the solution is to shift to 3rd as soon as it starts to knock/jerk and the problem vanishes. I have not got it serviced yet, since the Mahindra First Choice guys did a service before handing it over to me. Below is the only pic I got so far.
Never believe other services unless you had it witnessed. Always take it to your own service mechanic and get your baby checked.

When i purchased this, the seller said, its in good mint condition and all services have been done and even showed me the bills. But once i took it to my mechanic i released i am going to get a bill worth 20K. As i described in my thread i am not satisfied with the earlier clutch, wheel bearing and brake pads. Now that those are changed i get a little peace of mind

I am not sure people who are going to sell the car will service well, its us who will have to take care of the baby. Covering your baby with a good dress is always better than covering your baby with some cloths.

Meanwhile to All Baleno Owners,
I guess my mechanic got the RPM Dip issue, here is how it was tested and with the symptoms and the issue.

1. Bring the Engine to optimum heat and put it in Neutral
2. Allow the car to idle for atleast 10 mins without A/C
3. After 10 mins, switch on the A/C, open the bonnet and observe
4. Mine started to vibrate, and some resonance observed. while it vibrates check the RPM it will fluctuate
5. Every time the RPM Drops/Dips the AC cuts off. This confirms that Engine ECU tries to bring the RPM to 750 or 800 since the AC is Cut-Off. This is the RPM which the Engine maintenance when its Without AC. then the AC again Kicks in and AC starts, where the ECU tries to bring the RPM to 900 or 1000.
6. So, there seems to have some issue with AC, Could be a Leak in AC or Cooling Coil Issue (though the cooling is Super chill inside)

2 Days back my mechanic filled AC gas saying the gas is low,today when checked the AC gas seems to have reduced, so, there is the suspicion that this is because of AC

Now the AC leak is being checked, they are going to observe where the leak is and try fix to see if this issue is disappearing

My Ignition Coil is swapped with Swift to check if the issues is because of Ignition coil but mine had the same problem and swift seems to run fine without any issues. Hence Ignition Coil is ruled Out!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed to see the results. I will share the results soon. Hope this helps other baleno owners to understand more on the issue.

Last edited by magnanimousdude : 20th February 2013 at 19:21.
Old 20th February 2013, 19:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Hey congrats on the car!
However, Balenos are going for as low as 1-1.5 lac in Mumbai.

From where did you source that geesonic head unit? And how much did it cost?

Cheers
here baleno cost not less than 1.5 and all that i tried to buy had the price tag around 2L

Mechanic sourced it from his reliable resource and said its very good and latest model, Coming with a warranty of 1 year. It costed around 16K and myMapIndia GPS sdcard cost another 4K alteast. Put together around 20K

However my mechanic trying to get some discount on the sdcard as he is fixing some 4 sets in total from the same person.

Last edited by magnanimousdude : 20th February 2013 at 19:15.
Old 20th February 2013, 19:49   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the car. Happy miles ahead. The baleno is sure one of the best made cars from Maruti.

But in a way Baleno is similar to the Palio. It is a very good car, well built and good to drive, but somehow the masses felt otherwise :-(
Old 20th February 2013, 21:36   #23

Quote:

Never believe other services unless you had it witnessed. Always take it to your own service mechanic and get your baby checked.

When i purchased this, the seller said, its in good mint condition and all services have been done and even showed me the bills. But once i took it to my mechanic i released i am going to get a bill worth 20K. As i described in my thread i am not satisfied with the earlier clutch, wheel bearing and brake pads. Now that those are changed i get a little peace of mind

I am not sure people who are going to sell the car will service well, its us who will have to take care of the baby. Covering your baby with a good dress is always better than covering your baby with some cloths.
These guys at Mahindra First Choice are by no means your regular joe when it comes to selling used cars and they have a name to look after. So, I reckon they will not screw up (thats my belief). Also, given the fact that this will be my first used car ever (all my previous cars where bought first hand), I wanted to go through Maruthi True Value or Mahindra First Choice and save myself the hassles of post purchase drama (Read Registration, Insurance etc.) plus I got a 6 month warranty on the cars engine and transmission, so I am at peace so far with the purchase. However, I do intend to get a thorough check up done at MASS (time permitting) over the weekend.

Also, In general can you give me pointers at what would need replacing for a car thats done 87K Kms on the odo. Besides the jerks I do not find any other issues with suspension and steering so far. Its been a week and only done 87 odd kms, so I have not spent enough time on the road with the car to notice all the minor/major issues.
Old 20th February 2013, 23:35   #24

Hello,

Congratulations on your purchase!!!

The solution for your rpm drop & jerking issue is to have your injectors thoroughly machine cleaned along with the fuel rail as well. The rail aspect is often neglected during injector cleaning & this is one of the main causes of drive-ability issues recurring.

I had the same issue in My Chevrolet Optra a few months back. Did the above cleaning & it runs like new. While the machine is cleaning the injectors / rail, you can actually start to feel the car running smoother.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Cheers,
Rohan Ramchandran.

Quote:
Sure will do so Thanks

Meanwhile to All Baleno Owners,
I guess my mechanic got the RPM Dip issue, here is how it was tested and with the symptoms and the issue.

1. Bring the Engine to optimum heat and put it in Neutral
2. Allow the car to idle for atleast 10 mins without A/C
3. After 10 mins, switch on the A/C, open the bonnet and observe
4. Mine started to vibrate, and some resonance observed. while it vibrates check the RPM it will fluctuate
5. Every time the RPM Drops/Dips the AC cuts off. This confirms that Engine ECU tries to bring the RPM to 750 or 800 since the AC is Cut-Off. This is the RPM which the Engine maintenance when its Without AC. then the AC again Kicks in and AC starts, where the ECU tries to bring the RPM to 900 or 1000.
6. So, there seems to have some issue with AC, Could be a Leak in AC or Cooling Coil Issue (though the cooling is Super chill inside)

2 Days back my mechanic filled AC gas saying the gas is low,today when checked the AC gas seems to have reduced, so, there is the suspicion that this is because of AC

Now the AC leak is being checked, they are going to observe where the leak is and try fix to see if this issue is disappearing

My Ignition Coil is swapped with Swift to check if the issues is because of Ignition coil but mine had the same problem and swift seems to run fine without any issues. Hence Ignition Coil is ruled Out!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed to see the results. I will share the results soon. Hope this helps other baleno owners to understand more on the issue.
Old 21st February 2013, 12:06   #25
BHPian

my friend's Swift Dzire vxi had the rpm fluctuation issue with AC.
He never serviced his car and we noticed this issue once when I was at the wheel and we had stopped at a signal.

At idle the rpm would be 900-1000 sometimes and then randomly it would go up to 1200-1300 for a few secs.

He got his car serviced and the problem vanished.
Old 21st February 2013, 12:21   #26
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Congrats magnanimousdude. Baleno is a very reliable car. I have one still with me and still it brings smiles when i drive it. it a 94 bhp one.

As for the rpm issue you are facing, as the mechanic to check overhead cam sensor. I had a similar problem. RPM fluctuation is one of the early symptoms. It is more prominent when AC is on.
Old 21st February 2013, 13:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
Also, In general can you give me pointers at what would need replacing for a car thats done 87K Kms on the odo. Besides the jerks I do not find any other issues with suspension and steering so far. Its been a week and only done 87 odd kms, so I have not spent enough time on the road with the car to notice all the minor/major issues.
@ 87k kms, I could certainly have the below replaced religiously

1. First and foremost replace Timing Belt if not replaced before (if it's better or Just OK also i would suggest you to replace it since as per the service manual it suggested to check the belt and if suspicion replace it @ 80K kms ~ 1Lkms)

2. If not clutch is ok, replace it
3. Check the ac gas once
4. Brakes needs to be checked, if required replace it
5. Engine oil/Power steering oil/brake oil/coolant oil Checks needs to be done

In my case my mechanic said exactly this "Sir, if this is my car i will even run it for another 20K kms before replacing these" So things differ from people to people and remember that not every car that runs perfectly has no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohannr View Post
Hello,

Congratulations on your purchase!!!

The solution for your rpm drop & jerking issue is to have your injectors thoroughly machine cleaned along with the fuel rail as well. The rail aspect is often neglected during injector cleaning & this is one of the main causes of drive-ability issues recurring.

I had the same issue in My Chevrolet Optra a few months back. Did the above cleaning & it runs like new. While the machine is cleaning the injectors / rail, you can actually start to feel the car running smoother.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Cheers,
Rohan Ramchandran.
yes Injectors are on my list as well, let me see if the AC gas leak resolves this problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Congrats magnanimousdude. Baleno is a very reliable car. I have one still with me and still it brings smiles when i drive it. it a 94 bhp one.

As for the rpm issue you are facing, as the mechanic to check overhead cam sensor. I had a similar problem. RPM fluctuation is one of the early symptoms. It is more prominent when AC is on.
Cool, so "RPM fluctuation is one of the early symptoms" - early symptoms of What issue?? Cam sensor failure??
Old 21st February 2013, 14:41   #28
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cool, so "RPM fluctuation is one of the early symptoms" - early symptoms of What issue?? Cam sensor failure??
Yes, Cam sensor failure. Next you will get check engine light and car may randomly turn off. This again will happen more when AC is on. I think it costs around Rs 2k.
Old 21st February 2013, 15:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Yes, Cam sensor failure. Next you will get check engine light and car may randomly turn off. This again will happen more when AC is on. I think it costs around Rs 2k.
Sure will check it, BTW, my AC keeping cutting off and on in every 25 seconds. Mechanic suspects AC gas leak and by checking with pressures yes the gas leaks mildly over night. My Mec says the RPM issue could be becasue of the AC that keeps cutting off and on. something like this happens in your car?
Old 21st February 2013, 21:11   #30
BHPian

Updates:
No Leaks were found with pipes and others, checked the compressor as well and no leak found. Now checking the Cooling Coil.. fingers crossed

One more thing, the compressor lost is Oil and some Oil like traces found cooling Coil, still we need to check for the leak

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks