Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 23:54   #16
BHPian

Re: My BMW 320d : The Fresh 3 vs The Classy C

Many congratulations on your new ride. 3 vs C vs A4 is what has been going on in my head for some time now. The 3's non availability of spare tire has been a big bummer but hey other wise she s a beauty. Had done some extensive test drive on all the mentioned vehicle. Looking to finalize on one before the end of this month. Happy Driving !!
BoeingDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 08:37   #17
BHPian

@Peeps:

I'm terribly sorry for the confusion, I meant 38L-2L discount=36L OTR

NOT 36L-2L=34L

Sorry my bad!
Old 13th March 2013, 12:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
First of all, congratulations on the purchase! I, having been in a very similar situation like yours recently, can totally understand how you would've felt when your dad finally said those words, "A BMW it is". Great to see the count of the F30s increasing in the forum. Hope you have a wonderful ownership experience.
A few questions:
1. Could you please give the break up of the total cost paid?
2. Did you opt for Secure/BSI?
Thank you so much!

I will PM you the details soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Congrats vishwasvr on the new car. The first pic is awsone. It show the real angry looks of the car. Please post some more pics after getting leather seats.
Thank you so much! Sure I will do that when I get a chance!

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th March 2013 at 14:50. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT / Multi-quote
Old 13th March 2013, 12:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats! She is an absolute beauty no doubt!

34L OTR sounds like a steal! I think a Fortuner costs 26L+ in bangalore.

Quite an irony reading these lines, in a luxury car ownership thread though.
T-fort top verient is 28L in bangalore. So this is a good deal at 34L.
I think what Vishwa mean is pocket was not deep enough to have both C and 3
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 12:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Hearty congratulations on the purchase. Wishing you mile and miles of driving pleasure. I just got a quote from BMW for the 3 series offering 2.5 lacs of discount but that was only on the luxury variant which presumably won't be selling much. Enjoy your new accquisition to the fullest and kindly do keep updating this ownership thread regularly.
Thank you so much! Wish you luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Great choice! I was briefly quite attracted to the facelifted C, but after driving it i fell out of love immediately. On the contrary, having set eyes (and back-sides) in the new 3, it was love at first sight. Superb rear legroom, top-notch interiors, and those engines... For 34L OTR, sounds like a pretty good deal to me, given the KA regn plates! How long did you have to wait for delivery? And any idea on the OTR pricing for the different variants?

Enjoy the new beast, shes well worth it
I agree with you! I'm sorry I made a mistake on the OTR price. The OTR was ~38L and on that we got a 2L discount and came down to ~36L! Well, the car was ready in a few days but we waited for a week or so before we took the delivery thanks to the "good time to buy". I have the price list at home, so I shall scan the copy and send it across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Whoa!! Now this is one thread that I am going to be hooked onto. But first let me congratulate you for that piece of engineering.Am sure I am going to be a very regular visitor . Moreover, hopefully I'll get to see this piece of beauty in flesh someday, as I guess we stay pretty close by.
Keep Driving and please whenever you are not, keep posting updates
Thank you so much! Hopefully! Where are you put up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. I hope to someday own a vehicle from a segment such as yours : ).
One question, Could you tell me if the ride is more comfortable in the 3 or the C & if there was anything apart from rear legroom that you liked more in the C Vs. the 3 ?
Thanks !
Thank you so much! Of course you will very soon! Wish you luck! To be very honest I didn't see a massive difference in both. Well I did like the interiors better than the 3. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Congrats on buying the beauty, it surely with enthral you for times to come, that is the beauty of owning a Beemer, each day is a new day with this vehicle, one year with my X1 and i have just reached 20k km and it never ceases to amuse me on the road.
Thank you so much! Its a pity I can't drive it everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Congratulations ! The new 3 is a more mature and upmarket product from BMW which looks the part inside out. And I have always maintained that you cannot go wrong with white. So enjoy your ride. Drive hard , drive safe.
Thank you so much! It surely is! Well white is something, again, I personally don't like! I prefer a black anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Big congrats on the ride She looks nice from every angle apart from the rims. They look a bit like the ones that came with the Pre-LCI E90. But nevertheless, she's gorgeous in general. Cheers!
Thank you so very much! I kind of liked the E90 too! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post
Congrats on the buy! Wish you many happy miles on it and may you have fun owning the beemer. Though she would have had looked even better with the corona rings.
Thanks a lot! I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats! She is an absolute beauty no doubt!

34L OTR sounds like a steal! I think a Fortuner costs 26L+ in bangalore.

Quite an irony reading these lines, in a luxury car ownership thread though.
Thanks a lot mate! Again, sorry it was ~38L OTR and after 2L discount it came down to ~36L OTR! Well, that's the bitter truth about life isn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post
Many congratulations on your new ride. 3 vs C vs A4 is what has been going on in my head for some time now. The 3's non availability of spare tire has been a big bummer but hey other wise she s a beauty. Had done some extensive test drive on all the mentioned vehicle. Looking to finalize on one before the end of this month. Happy Driving !!
Thanks so very much! Absolutely! I am really skeptical on taking her out on long drives only because it lacks a spare tire. Wish you luck as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
T-fort top verient is 28L in bangalore. So this is a good deal at 34L.
I think what Vishwa mean is pocket was not deep enough to have both C and 3
Again, sorry it is not 34L OTR! Terribly sorry for the confusion!

Yes you are spot on! How I wish I could have both! Sigh!

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th March 2013 at 14:50. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT / Multi-quote
vishwasvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 18:00   #21
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post

Thank you so much! Hopefully! Where are you put up?
I am in Koramangla
Btw when you were there, did they happen to offer you the previous gen 3 series E90? If yes, how much did they quote? I still love that design (not that I dont like the present one )

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th March 2013 at 10:40. Reason: fixing quote
ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 18:10   #22
BHPian

That's nice! Nope they didn't because I'd asked them to send the F30 for test drive.
Old 14th March 2013, 13:05   #23
BHPian

vishwasvr, you got an awesome car for yourself. Congrats!

Thanks for sharing a fairly detailed initial ownership report.

The beginning of the report was surprisingly very down-to-earth, quite unlike, the flashy Beemer

The stretched wheelbase has brought 3 series a world of good. Rear leg space used to be Achilles' heel of the older model. Good to know that it has now become a deal clincher (over Merc C class).

Wish you thousands of happy and safe miles in your new car.
Gotham_City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 13:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post

Thank you so much 9thsphinx! Well the Audi wasn't a favorite in our family for some strange reason! So we didn't consider it at all!
Hi Vish

I too belong to a similar category. Just bought the F30. I did consider the A4. But it misses the cut by a long stretch. Here's why.

1. The engine in the A4 is same as the jetta/Laura - 140bhp. Thats the thing with AUDI. They seem to be diluting significant brand value by doing this. The engine in the A6 is same as the passat. The Q5 uses the same body frame as the yeti. The power is very less and the car makes you feel that way every second you're on the steering wheel. The car is just so sluggish to pick up

2. The steering is just too light which may be great for city driving but not so great for handling.

3. Plus i dont think anybody would like to buy a car costing 29 lacs considering the same engine/pickup is available in almost half the price.

4. 0-100 takes 9.1 seconds compared to f30's 7.4 secs.

5. The iDrive system is far easier to use than the A4's internal computer

6. The Driving modes in F30 Sport/Comfort/EcoPro are simply amazing. They do everything they're meant to do just so well. The sport mode in particular is simply sublime! Believe it or not, it'll increase your confidence several notches just so you zip through traffic and on the highway. Take the F30 on a test drive, put it in sport and take it for a spin ! You will never like any other car again. I promise !

Except the DSG gearbox the A4 does not have a single feature that's better than the Beemer.

Also the overall maintenance cost of BMW seems to be lesser than AUDI.

Please feel free to read my full review in a separate thread.
Bluebeem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 16:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
vishwasvr, you got an awesome car for yourself. Congrats!

Thanks for sharing a fairly detailed initial ownership report.

The beginning of the report was surprisingly very down-to-earth, quite unlike, the flashy Beemer

The stretched wheelbase has brought 3 series a world of good. Rear leg space used to be Achilles' heel of the older model. Good to know that it has now become a deal clincher (over Merc C class).

Wish you thousands of happy and safe miles in your new car.
Gotham_City: Thank you so very much! Although this isn't "my own car" per se but I'd like to pass it off as my own! A big thanks to my dad who listened to me at least once!

Oh well yeah it seems like I may have come off as very down-to-earth! I should start becoming all haughty! Lol!

Yes, just yesterday we drove to Mysore to attend a friend's wedding. It was a good 320km drive. It felt like it was the best choice we made picking up the F30! The rear legroom really made a world of difference! A couple of my cousins are planning to pick up the A4 soon. I really hope they reconsider their options and go for this one instead-no offence to the A4 owners! But of course, to each his own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Hi Vish

I too belong to a similar category. Just bought the F30. I did consider the A4. But it misses the cut by a long stretch. Here's why.

1. The engine in the A4 is same as the jetta/Laura - 140bhp. Thats the thing with AUDI. They seem to be diluting significant brand value by doing this. The engine in the A6 is same as the passat. The Q5 uses the same body frame as the yeti. The power is very less and the car makes you feel that way every second you're on the steering wheel. The car is just so sluggish to pick up

2. The steering is just too light which may be great for city driving but not so great for handling.

3. Plus i dont think anybody would like to buy a car costing 29 lacs considering the same engine/pickup is available in almost half the price.

4. 0-100 takes 9.1 seconds compared to f30's 7.4 secs.

5. The iDrive system is far easier to use than the A4's internal computer

6. The Driving modes in F30 Sport/Comfort/EcoPro are simply amazing. They do everything they're meant to do just so well. The sport mode in particular is simply sublime! Believe it or not, it'll increase your confidence several notches just so you zip through traffic and on the highway. Take the F30 on a test drive, put it in sport and take it for a spin ! You will never like any other car again. I promise !

Except the DSG gearbox the A4 does not have a single feature that's better than the Beemer.

Also the overall maintenance cost of BMW seems to be lesser than AUDI.

Please feel free to read my full review in a separate thread.
Hi Bluebeem! I agree with you! After yesterday's debut highway drive, my dad and I, for once, agreed to agree! It always was we agreed to disagree! Lol! He was mighty impressed at the F30's performance on the highway.

I will surely go through your review! Thanks!
Old 15th March 2013, 16:28   #26
BHPian

Anytime Vishwa.

U won't believe. I got my car this past Sunday 10th march and I've already driven it 500km.

Every morning before work I go for a 35-40 km drive. And then every night.

Can't get enough of the car. Posting pics soon !
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 11:12   #27
BHPian

Are you planning to stick to the RFTs? Or switch to Tubeless with a space saver?
Old 18th March 2013, 13:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Anytime Vishwa.

U won't believe. I got my car this past Sunday 10th march and I've already driven it 500km.

Every morning before work I go for a 35-40 km drive. And then every night.

Can't get enough of the car. Posting pics soon !
Wow! I envy your work schedule! How do you manage to find so much time!

Looking forward to the photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Are you planning to stick to the RFTs? Or switch to Tubeless with a space saver?
Well for our usage I don't see the big need to switch to tubeless tires. So for now I we will stick to the RFTs only.
Old 18th March 2013, 17:16   #29
BHPian

Hi Vishwa,

So my work schedule offers nothing worth envying. Im an early riser and hence get a good 2 hours free before i leave for work

Here's some pics. Will also give you an idea of the surroundings i live in, compelling me to just drive out each morning.

Btw i'm having a huge problem getting a donut wheel kit for my car. The dealership has just informed me that they wont have a kit for another 3 months as they're yet to import them from Germany. If you have one, please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
My BMW 320d : The Fresh 3 vs The Classy C-image6.jpg  

My BMW 320d : The Fresh 3 vs The Classy C-image5.jpg  

My BMW 320d : The Fresh 3 vs The Classy C-image4.jpg  

My BMW 320d : The Fresh 3 vs The Classy C-imag2e.jpg  

My BMW 320d : The Fresh 3 vs The Classy C-image3.jpg  

My BMW 320d : The Fresh 3 vs The Classy C-image1.jpeg  

Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:48   #30
BHPian

Nice review there!

I thought I wouldn't like this car in any other colour but the Red, but you proved me wrong :P The white looks smashing.

Really liked your way of putting across the father-son discussions! Not too long ago, I had a similar Accord v/s Superb discussion with my Dad. And we got the Accord. Wish I had let him drive the Superb - even though I made him sit in the back seat, hoping that he'd love the comfort there, it turned into a decision for the Accord. For practical purposes of reliability.

Hope you have a smooth ownership of the 320d.
Congratulations!

Cheers,
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks