Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 19:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Good Practices from Maruti, shared and adopted by others
2. Additional charges for metallic paint
Not across the board. Maruti charges higher price for the metallic paint, only on Alto and A star. For other cars prices are similar.

Last edited by rajeev k : 21st May 2013 at 19:10.
Old 21st May 2013, 19:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Does the Lxi has rear fog lamp or is it an added accessory?

From the picture it appears that the rear fog lamp is On; or is it an illusion.
Hi Rajeev,

No variant of Figo has rear fog lamps. There is a provision for it but Ford does not do the wiring at the factory and getting it done outside is a pain since there would be warranty issues. What you see in the pic is the reflector. There is a pair on the plastic thingy below the bumper.
Old 21st May 2013, 19:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Not across the board. Maruti charges higher price for the metallic paint, only on Alto and A star. For other cars prices are similar.
Even the Estilo and WagonR have different prices for metallic and non-metallic colours. The likes of Swift,DZIRe,Ritz,SX4 do not have non-metallic shades,so no price difference.(even the white is metallic)

Congrats on the black Figo,have fun.Some matte black alloys would compliment the look.

Last edited by saion666 : 21st May 2013 at 19:49.
saion666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 20:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Additional charges for metallic paint
Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
The likes of Swift,DZIRe,Ritz,SX4 do not have non-metallic shades,so no price difference.(even the white is metallic)
Figo price sheet indicates no additional amount for the different colours. Are all paints metallic for the Figo too?
Old 21st May 2013, 21:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
But when it comes to acceleration above 100-110, the Ford just loses steam. This is where the Swift is just steaming ahead. It takes light years for the Ford to reach the 140 mark.
!!!
Congrats for the car & a nice review indeed. I had a TD of diesel Figo & my observations are the exactly the same. Some bhpians earlier had reported that Figo reaches 140/150 kmph quite easily, do n't know with whom they compare. Power beyond 100/110 kmph was really discouraging for me. Almost same feeling with Micra/Pulse diesel as well or may be Micra/Pulse have a faint edge.

Figo's inside cabin noise was too much in the TD car too & in that respect Micra/Pulse was way better.

Wish you miles of enjoyable motoring.

Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 00:08   #21
BHPian

Thank you all for your wishes :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulations Swami on the black beauty.

Somehow I was very apprehensive about the black colour as it is difficult to maintain, will be waiting for your experience on this one.

Did I see power windows at the rear coz the recent test drive I took of Figo Titanium diesel did have manual levers for the window operations.

Did you find the diesel clatter inside the car, for a moment I felt I was the driving the old Indica when I test drove the Diesel Figo. The engine noise is making me tick off the Figo.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
Thanks ghodlur. Yes the black is pretty tough to maintain and gathers dust easily compared to the other colors. But the joy that I get when I see the car clean makes me forget the pain of actually cleaning it. To make things simpler, i have got a Jopasu duster and it does a brilliant job of dusting daily.

As I mentioned I always preferred all 4 power windows. It is an after market fitment. That is the prime reason I wen for the basic version.

Relating to the Engine noise, our 1st car was the Bolero and the next was the Palio 1.9D. For me, comparatively the Figo is a lot quieter. Anyway yes it is a bit noisier than the swift. That is the reason I have done a DIY and you can read that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Many congratulations Swami for your Figo.
You'll have a tough time maintaining the black beauty.
What you said about the indicator and wiper stalks being on the opposite sides, is common for most European brands.
Wish you many happy mile munching with the Figo and drive safe.
Thanks Sommos. I think its fine for the left hand side driven cars, but not in here. These companies actually are trying to cut cost as changing the position would require that additional R&D and testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yes, after using a Fiesta petrol and a Waggie, I do find engine noise in the cabin, especially while accelerating. But it is subdued when cruising on the highway. And I found engine noise also on the I20 under similar circumstances. but it is quieter on the outside.

BTW, Congratulations Swami for your new Figo.
Thanks vnabhi. You are absolutely right. Probably better tyres would also help improve things here. The factory fitted goodyears are pretty noisy. I had the same problem with goodyear in my palio too. When I changed to bridgestone, it was a lot better.

Quote:
Couple of questions.
The wheel cover appears to be of a non Ford accessory though bought from the dealership.
How much does the illuminated scuff plates cost?
Is the blue colour on the center console same as the blue colour available on the dash of the Titanium version?
As mentioned by drive_addict, they are of the Classic's(formerly fiesta).
The scuff plates cost me 2300.
Sorry I dont remember the color on the titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Hi Swami, Congrats on your new vehicle. Yes you are wise enough to go for the LXI and got the accessories done outside. The chrome lining adds a classy touch. Looks good.

One suggestion, paint the wheel drum with black, it will enhance the looks (like EXI/ZXI).

The wheel cover is ofcourse genuine Ford accessory, but this is the wheel cap design of Fiesta. Swami, did you opt for this? or the dealer provides you this?

Anyways a well written ownership review.
Thanks Drive_Addict for your wishes. I'm still not decided whether to go in for a nice set of alloys. I'm thinking of upgrading to 15" wheels which would help increase the GC by 1/2".

Quote:
Hey swami,
Congratulations on your new ride.. Looks wonderful.

You've tastefully done the needful to make the car much better looking than the basic car.

Does Ford also not provide the LHS Rear View mirror ? Something like maruti does for Alto Lx. That is surprising.

Can you get the remote boot release lever fixed or it is electronic release button? What is the cost quoted by Ford dealer.

Finally, before you take the plunge on the tuning box, consider the re-map option too. It would be slightly expensive, but the linear power delivery is addictive. Only thing the Ford engine misses is mid range power, you fix that everything else is taken care of.

Refer to kryptonite's review on converting his Rapid to Laura .

Cheers
MKP
Thanks MKP. The LXi is the bare minimum in features.
The remote boot release was in the list of accessories costing Rs 4800. But unfortunately it was not in stock when I went for the service. That is one must have accessory in the LXi.
Will sure read through the thread, but I think the tuning box actually gives the option of going back to original as it is just plug & play. Which might be better option when I sell the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
IMHO, a good set of bling footwear must precede any adrenaline shot to the heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Hey Swami! Congrats on your new Figo!
It does looks really cool n Black, a colour one doesn't see often on a Figo.
Looking forward to the RaceChip install. Any plans to upgrade the tires post the RaceChip upgrade?
Thanks nipcarlover.
Yes I am thinking of going for a set of 15". But not decided yet. It would have been better if I had changed when the tyres were brand new. Now that the tyres are 5000kms, i dont know how much value these would fetch.
But anyways I did not feel the car's tyres were uncomfortable in the 140kmph range. The car was a lot easy to handle, but the engine ran out of steam.

Quote:
Does the Lxi has rear fog lamp or is it an added accessory?

From the picture it appears that the rear fog lamp is On; or is it an illusion.
Nah, its just the reflector and the flash thats playing the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Even the Estilo and WagonR have different prices for metallic and non-metallic colours. The likes of Swift,DZIRe,Ritz,SX4 do not have non-metallic shades,so no price difference.(even the white is metallic)

Congrats on the black Figo,have fun.Some matte black alloys would compliment the look.
Thanks saion666. I'm actually thinking of greyish black metal finish with touches of chrome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Congrats for the car & a nice review indeed. I had a TD of diesel Figo & my observations are the exactly the same. Some bhpians earlier had reported that Figo reaches 140/150 kmph quite easily, do n't know with whom they compare. Power beyond 100/110 kmph was really discouraging for me. Almost same feeling with Micra/Pulse diesel as well or may be Micra/Pulse have a faint edge.

Figo's inside cabin noise was too much in the TD car too & in that respect Micra/Pulse was way better.

Cheers
Thanks Chitta Pradhan. For me the power beyond 110 is actually not that important as 70% of my driving is going to be in city. Most of my longer drives will be with family and I am the type who loves a relaxed ride, enjoying music and talking with family. Even on open stretches, I always maintain speeds around 80-100kmph. Thats why I'm planning for the Race Chip for that occasional adrenaline rush.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post

Cheers
As a figo owner agree completely with it. However it is at city-speeds where you absolutely love the drivability of this car. And; as GTO said; that is where 95% of the figo's would be at 95% of the time.

Personally; my figo clocks half its miles on the highway. The speed-band of 80-120 is where it really excels. Add the stability/handling of the Ford at that speed; keeps me in love with the highway!

Ofcourse for an enthusiast; more power is always welcome!
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:04   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Figo looks stylish in black. Yours is probably the only figo with rear power windows. Where did you get them and at what price. I am sure majority of figo owners will be interested.
envyravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the earlier Alto Lxi as well as New Alto.

I'm not sure they had it in the Alto K-10Series Lxi, when it was launched. It was there on K10 Vxi.

Cheers
MKP
@MKP - The Alto K10 Lxi does not have LHS OVRM as standard.

Very nice review swami. I especially like how you have tastefully used chrome and silver theme across the interiors.

Now all the car needs is a good set of alloys to make it irresistable, IMHO.
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:53   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
As a figo owner agree completely with it. However it is at city-speeds where you absolutely love the drivability of this car. And; as GTO said; that is where 95% of the figo's would be at 95% of the time.

Personally; my figo clocks half its miles on the highway. The speed-band of 80-120 is where it really excels. Add the stability/handling of the Ford at that speed; keeps me in love with the highway!

Ofcourse for an enthusiast; more power is always welcome!
You are absolutely correct. Its one of the best cars to drive in the city. I also feel, even on the highways we most probably drive in the 80-120 range and the Figo is absolutely superb in that range. Its only when we want that occasional drag race with a fellow swift, we feel wanting that extra top end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
Congratulations on your new car. Figo looks stylish in black. Yours is probably the only figo with rear power windows. Where did you get them and at what price. I am sure majority of figo owners will be interested.
I got it fitted in a local accessory shop and it came at Rs 11,000 inclusive of fitting charges. The advantage of this is that all 4 are one touch up/down switches. Where as most factory fitted power windows only have the option for the driver side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
@MKP - The Alto K10 Lxi does not have LHS OVRM as standard.

Very nice review swami. I especially like how you have tastefully used chrome and silver theme across the interiors.

Now all the car needs is a good set of alloys to make it irresistable, IMHO.
Thanks prateek. Yes I'm seriously considering upgrading to a set of 15" alloys based on the value I get for my 5000Km run tyres. I'm planning for the 195/55 R15 tyres which would just improve the grip as well as the mean looks.
Old 22nd May 2013, 16:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
As I mentioned I always preferred all 4 power windows. It is an after market fitment. That is the prime reason I wen for the basic version.
Swami,
Does this affect the warranty in any case esp in the wiring section. Would like to know more about this fitment like cost, make, where did you get it done etc? Honestly the set up does not gel well with the interiors but you have the luxury of the power windows at the rear.
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Swami,
Does this affect the warranty in any case esp in the wiring section. Would like to know more about this fitment like cost, make, where did you get it done etc? Honestly the set up does not gel well with the interiors but you have the luxury of the power windows at the rear.
Yes Ghodlur. I think ford will void the warranty even if I add a reading light at the rear. So this has to be a major breach

Anyways, there are only a handful people who do the fitting of central and remote locking for Figo in Chennai. Fitting central locking in Figo is pretty tedious because here thedoor open lever itself is the lock when pressed, unlike those on some other cars which have a separate push type lever to lock the door in addition to the door open lever. And it took close to 6hrs to fix. Its actually the same set of people who do the fitting in showrooms as well as accessories shops, because these are the only few with the know how and they charge 2000 for the fitting charges alone. And the central locking & power windows of mine was fitted by one such person only. So I was pretty confident.
The central locking system costs 4000, fitting cost is 2000, the 4 power windows cost 11000 incl of fitting charges. The power windows are from SAI(Surabhi Automotive International).
, they may not gel with the interiors, but this is better than the pain of having the manual rollers at the rear.

Last edited by swami.n : 22nd May 2013 at 17:56.
Old 22nd May 2013, 19:05   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Swami,

Congrats on your Figo. Wishing you many happy miles in it.

We are also looking at buying a Figo in the next couple of months(probably a red one if everyone agrees). What was the cost of the front Fog lamps and was it dealer fitted? Will it void the warranty?
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 21:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
Completely agree buddy. Though we are seldom required to travel at 140-150 kmph, it is a nice feeling that your car can reach there fairly quickly. The extra grunt & reserve power do help in overtaking maneuvers, on inclines etc etc. For most occasions Figo should suffice in our conditions & it's a real VFM. Have you ever driven a Micra diesel. Would love to have comments from a Figo owner as to how does it compare in terms of refinement, performance, high speed abilities & drivability

Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 18:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Hi Swami,

Congrats on your Figo. Wishing you many happy miles in it.

We are also looking at buying a Figo in the next couple of months(probably a red one if everyone agrees). What was the cost of the front Fog lamps and was it dealer fitted? Will it void the warranty?
Thanks ashis89. Yes the fog lamps are dealer fitted, so warranty cannot be void.

I was expecting to having to add a separate on/off switch. But it was surprising that even the base variant of the Figo had the headlamp switches with Fog lamp option. So it was just a fix the bulbs and plug the socket. No drilling, additional wiring at all. It took less than half an hour to fix it.

It costs <2500. I do not remember the exact price.

Last edited by swami.n : 23rd May 2013 at 18:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks