Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:19   #31

Great review. Just a few somethings that have followed me with every safari I've owned till date and continue to do so with the Storme. Every time I drive into one of those large "puddles" that the Bombay roads have to offer the "check indicator" comes on and stays on, till I think the water dries off. Is that normal, should I be concerned?
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership Report - Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosaurous View Post

I need to climb into the car. This is, of course, fine for me but not for my elderly grandmother. She is planning her month long yearly visit, which means the Storme is in storage for all practical purposes while she is here.
Thanks!
Your quote reminds me of a funny observation I made in the mall parking lot a few months back. I saw a Safari pulled up in the lot. The driver ran back, opened hatch and fetched a plastic stool. He put that next to rear door and down slid an elderly lady to land on that stool. The taller elderly man on the other side got down on his own. He put the stool back in and locked the car. Wonder if it is the permanent fixture of this car.

BTW, recently I drove two different Stormes and I must say they are exteremiy well put together. Absolutely no rattles and squeaks. And powers surge also is very much there. Safari sure has come a long way. Compared to this the first gen Safari was like a bullock-cart. I think all those criticising Tata should revisit this car. They will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:12   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post

Your quote reminds me of a funny observation I made in the mall parking lot a few months back. I saw a Safari pulled up in the lot. The driver ran back, opened hatch and fetched a plastic stool. He put that next to rear door and down slid an elderly lady to land on that stool. The taller elderly man on the other side got down on his own. He put the stool back in and locked the car. Wonder if it is the permanent fixture of this car.

BTW, recently I drove two different Stormes and I must say they are exteremiy well put together. Absolutely no rattles and squeaks. And powers surge also is very much there. Safari sure has come a long way. Compared to this the first gen Safari was like a bullock-cart. I think all those criticising Tata should revisit this car. They will be pleasantly surprised.
Agreed that the Storme is the best Safari derivative by far.
Having said that, don't you think it is only a fair expectation for consumers to have, given that the Safari has been in the market since the late 90's? Fifteen to Eighteen years of learning is a long time by any standards, is it not, to get things right?
The same goes for the Mahindra boys with their XUV.
Old 2nd August 2013, 19:14   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunmenon View Post
Great review. Just a few somethings that have followed me with every safari I've owned till date and continue to do so with the Storme. Every time I drive into one of those large "puddles" that the Bombay roads have to offer the "check indicator" comes on and stays on, till I think the water dries off. Is that normal, should I be concerned?
I have driven through some reasonably heavy rain (even by Bombay standards) and have not noticed this. It may be best to ask about it during the next service, just to be sure there is no water in the electrical system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Your quote reminds me of a funny observation I made in the mall parking lot a few months back.
============
Compared to this the first gen Safari was like a bullock-cart. I think all those criticising Tata should revisit this car. They will be pleasantly surprised.
Yes, the car seems pretty solid! My concern is with after-sales service. They genuinely seem to be trying to improve it and I hope they do. Time will tell.
Old 2nd August 2013, 21:15   #35
BHPian

Just read the review,its great. Very honest,very clear,very informative. Wishing you many happy memories and dream vacations. Do keep us posted about the rattles and rectification of the same. Most storms I have seen are brown in colour.
Old 9th August 2013, 03:02   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by montievv View Post
Posting the pics is going to take till tomorrow as I have sent my Storme to the service station and asked them to remove all the noises for me!
Quote:
Pics by tomorrow. Promise
Quote:
Thank you BlackPearl. Pics by tomorrow
Still waiting for that tomorrow!!
Old 14th November 2013, 01:29   #37
BHPian

A gentle reminder to share the pics Sir
quadra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 08:33   #38
BHPian

It's been around a year since your first review of storme. Waiting for more experiences from your side!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks