Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2013, 15:25   #1

Ownership Report - Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4

About me: Nitpicking 5ft 6in guy who is mildly technical and owns 2000 Model Honda City 1.3 Exi, 2 Bullets, 2 BSAs, 1 Rx100 and a few "scooties". Apart from these I use my colleague's Jetta, Punto, Fiesta (now sold), Innova and my parents' i10 extensively. I Love retro stuff. I love all my vehicles "stock" and dislike even minor mods. I am a "tried and tested" guy who will pick any product mostly on maturity (sometimes i skip this rule).

I bought an Urban Bronze Vx 4x4 about 15 days ago which has run about 2400 kms. My daily driving is 75kms to 250 kms depending on the day. Yet to receive my registration number. I do not endorse going in for special numbers, however I had to due to business interests. (Still think it is foolish). I use the Storme everyday in mostly rural areas, construction sites, industrial area, on bad roads and on highways. I have not read the manual yet.

Before reading the post: I know everyone is passionate about their reasons and their vehicles too. If I am saying something bad about a certain car which may be of your choice, please understand it is nothing against you. It means it just didn't work for me

Why I bought the Storme?

I needed a BIG vehicle. I have been driving sedans all my life and just wanted something BIG. I have imagined camping trips and replayed "whats gonna happen" when I take my tent and inflatable boat around to nice places, over and over again in my head for the past 2 years. I have dreamed of barbeque parties in wilderness for a long long time.

My primary criteria for selecting any 4 wheeler are:
1) View of the road/outside world from inside
2) Comfort (or comfort:size ratio in smaller cars) & Luxurious feel
3) The "kind" of customers a particular vehicle patronizes
4) Service

Storme beats almost all vehicles below Rs. 50L range in point number 1. e.g. Innova, though decently comfortable (not as much as the Storme) had a few blind spots. I just did not like it.

In terms of comfort - Seating (for my height) is better than Fortuner. I cant lay my finger on what I didn't find good in the Fortuner, but there was no "feel" to it behind the steering wheel or on the pasenger seat. Plus I have a very strong bias against the Fortuner. Endeavour has terrible middle row seating in my very humble opinion. Innova again has lesser leg room than Storme. CRV - uhhhh petrol? NO. Duster - Its a 4 seater (in the same vein that Storme is a 5 seater only), has cheap looking plastic between 1st and 2nd row, has horrendous "can sleep in it" qualities. Plus Duster and CRV are not BIG in true sense.
Negative aspects - Climbing in and out of the Storme is a bit bothersome for people above 55yrs of age (esp my mom, mother in law and a friends dad). The footrest is small for some older people who would like to pause for a moment on the footsteps/sideboard before getting into the cabin. I though like the smaller sideboard and wouldn't want a bigger one even if forced at gunpoint. Resting necks for taller people is a bit tough, will need cushions for that. Middle row - only if it could be reclined a bit :(. I would count all niggling noises in the "comfort & luxury" section. These just get me irritated in the Storme. We have a range to choose from in the Storme - right from squeaking seats to loose parts mildly hitting something or the other. Why? Oh god just why? Am determined to find time myself and fix all of those. I guess it wont be long before serious body noise develops. BTW I found a bolt lying somewhere behind in my Storme, wonder where it came out from! Bottle holders in door trims make noises when I keep 1l drinking water bottles in them, hence have stopped using those, a nice rubber gasket or some kind of packing should have fixed the problem. I thought all the "noise" issues would be fixed in the newer Storme and due to the fact that Tatas now own JLR.

"Kind" of customers - Thank you so much Mahindra for launching XUV500. Now all those potential customers and "feature junkies" who I wish not to be identified with are buying plastic gizmos instead of real vehicles and I have gleefully moved to the Storme. I guess other decent cars like Innova also will have better patrons now

Service - 2 different owners of Tata service centers are childhood buddies of mine. Plus with Tata Motors poaching a senior GM exec who shows promise (at least on paper) made me go with the Storme. In terms of service, I would tend to stick with Maruti, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai. I would drop Hyundai due to build quality (Me thinks - Korean trait). Did not check out Mitsubishis, Chevrolet Captiva, Rexton (Korean... aarghh) and Renault Koleos. In the past have had horrendous experience with Volkswagen and Ford, though I did still check out the Endeavour due to a tiny bit of a cult thats developed around it. Overall, Aria wouldnt make me shift to Tata because of the service but the "Safari" Storme did due to its rich cultural heritage

Why the colour?

The black plastic on the back door contrasts badly according to me with lighter colours. I didn't want black. So the Urban Bronze. Trust me this colour looks better in advertisements. But it will fade well like a nice pair of Pepe's.

My Generic Review -

Not Rated:
- Sound/Music: I dislike all sound in *any* vehicle and am a bit of a purist. Music should be listened to at peace in a nice room in your house, not in a car!
- Complete booking & delivery experience from the dealership: A general Insurer friend who does all my cars for me did this too. Got it delivered as always on time at my home on a Sunday without any scratches, straight from the Dealers' warehouse on the outskirts of Mumbai
- On-road price, discounts etc.: Same as above, I get the best deals from him. Got a Rs. 12000 discount and 0 dep insurance at half the price being offered by showrooms. I did book an ML250 along with this though which may explain better insurance pricing.
Ride quality - My Storme "bounces" like a ping pong ball on heavily uneven roads while the Innova handles these well. I wont rate this as some of my friends tell me that I will feel these for the first 5000Kms or so and everything will be fine after a couple of services. Cornering is good, doesnt feel like a boat. I would give this a 6/10 right now but will wait for a few thousand kms before covering this point.

- Road presence. Those Auto wallahs now let me turn in peace and leave me alone. Some buses and trucks do too. Fortuners and Innovas don't. I give this a 9/10
- View from the top (i.e. Earth as viewed from heaven... errr I copied it). 8.5/10
- Space 10/10
- AC cooling. I dont understand auto climate control and like to fiddle while driving myself, so a pure simple plain non gizmo AC which cools well is the best for me. I left the Storme in 38 degrees direct Sunlight without vcool for 4 hours and within 15 mins the cabin was cool. 10/10
- Lights are decent 7/10
- Engine - I am not a guy who just reads Horsepower. Engine is good for highway and city and delivers enough power, acceleration, etc. 8/10
- Brakes - work fine. Though I feel a bit edgy to go above 100 in this vehicle 6.5/10
- 4x4 - WOW. Let me say that again. WOW. 8.5/10
- Storage. Lots of it, some of it missing, Some of it not aligned like the way I would want it 6.5/10

Dislikes:
- Insulation - On road noise 5/10
- Insulation - Engine noise. Feels like a fully covered AC Mahindra commander 3/10
- AC Filter - I get outside odour within fractions of a second 1/10
- Fittings - Very bad. Lots of noise. Middle seats don't latch well to their lock. Last row seats make mild banging noise. Front passenger seat squeaks. Middle row seats squeak. Plastic parts may develop noise. 1/10
- Fittings - Uneven finish. Just run your hands on all grooves (bonnet, steering wheel, etc) and you'll know what I mean. 1/10
- Finish and attention to detail - Seams of my gear shaft leather cover are coming apart. 1/10
- Steering - heavy for some, though I am fine with it. 5/10
- Faux Wood paneling - Isn't resistant to scratches which will develop fast. 5/10
- Digital tripmeter - So many settings. Confusing and I wont even try to understand what that is. 5/10
- Bluetooth - Still haven't been able to fix the Mic. Its just not working. I don't need it, but if it is there it should work. 1/10
- Gear ratios - cant go above 2nd gear in mild traffic. I like higher RPMs in general 5/10
- Gear Shaft - vibrates a little more than my liking 5/10
- Handbrake leather - Please give me a gun and the address of the guy who designed the handbrake leather cover. He is an ISI agent 1/10
- Last row seats - The handbrake leather cover designer put them in there. Why waste money? Should've not been there in the first place. My yet to be born 1 year old wont fit in those. 0/10
- AC vents plastic - looks slightly cheap, though I may get used to it 5/10
- Back door handle - My cheap Chinese-made mosquito-fighting badminton raquet has better plastic than this. Squeeze it with your hand and you'll hear creaking sounds 0/10
- Plastic stickers on windshield and innumerable other places - How do you get them off without the glue remaining there? Did these guys use araldite? 3/10
- Front seat Handrests - uneven height compared to door where you rest your hands 5/10
- Back door - open it on a busy road. The door swings wide open, the throw is so large it goes slightly outside the side body line/elevation. Could be banged into rear incoming vehicles 3/10
- Spare tyre removal accessory (lols no other word for it) - The circular thing in the back with "Push" written on it seems like it was cut out from a cheap plastic drum. Idiots! 2/10
- Cheap plastic/metal below the seats - see it to believe it 2/10
- Seat Belts - my 13 year old Honda City has comfortable seat belts. This is where so many car manufacturers save money and get it wrong. Still better than the i10 though. 4/10
- Seat Belt lock/latch along with arm rest - Cant put my seat belt in while the arm rest is down. Bad design and causes slight inconvinience 3/10
- Diesel Tank opening button - I'm gonna run this vehicle over someone the next time I pop the diesel cover open instead of opening windows. I've lost 5 Kgs in 3 weeks just getting out of my car closing the diesel cover and walking back the entire length of the Storme. (Note to Self: Should've skipped buying that cheap treadmill) 3/10... uh ohhh my defogger button next to it is also almost always "on"... so let me go with 1/10
- Inside rear view mirror - Difficult to adjust and has a dirty wire for parking sensors coming out of it 3/10
- Gears - Twice I haven't been able to come down from 3rd to 2nd as it gets stuck 5/10
- Wiper and light levers position - stuck behind steering wheel. Cant see em when I need em. May get used to them later maybe 4/10
- Wiper - huge vehicle, huge windshield, huge ego, huge everything except the wipers. They could've made those cover the entire windshield but they didn't. Just like most other vehicles I would give them 5/10
- Temperature sensor - not accurate. Not rating bad as I know about these kind of sensors and its very difficult getting them right considering the application area
- Audio controls - I dont listen to anything in the car like I said it before, but the controls given on the lever on the right leave a lot to be desired (e.g. no mute) 5/10
- Puddle lamps - why red? 3/10
- Keyless entry - Doesnt work from a slight distance (10 metres) when you are behind the Storme. If you're in front (or on the 2nd floor balcony), it unlocks from 50 metres away
- Sudden braking - Not me, my friend has this habit of pressing the clutch and brakes together in an emergency. I don't let him drive much. But for safety I try this test on many vehicles i.e. at 80kmph hit the brakes and clutch hard together. Sadly the Storme fails here. 0/10
- Horn - I never honk on the road. Not on my bikes or any of the cars. I give 2 small bursts of the horn to grab my wife's attention if she's taking time getting ready . And this horn sounds like it should be on Tobu tricycles. My bullet had the same issue mind you. 5/10

Would have been good to have for a very compelling recommendation:
- Passenger seat Lumbar support adjustment
- Last row seats... maybe front facing and foldable like in European models (current ones can't be called seats according to Oxford dictionary)
- Nice inside rear view mirror
- Outside rear view mirror autofold on removal of key
- Larger wiper cover area
- Seatbelt warning - not present on front passenger seat. And I have to fight my wife to make her put those on.
- Better insulation
- Nicer fit and finish
- No "noise"

Technically with all its faults I would rate the Storme overall 6.5/10 which is above average/good on my scale

How I begin my day:
1) Wake up along with my wife to go for a swim
2) Get into the Storme, put the keys in or the cabin lights wont go out (OCD perhaps)
3) Quickly put the Seatbelt to get rid of seatbelt warning sound which is annoying
4) Leave the Seatbelt as it is and get the armrest up.
5) Put the Seatbelt again
6) Start the car and reverse
7) reverse fast as I have to reverse in a narrow alley and the reverse sensor just gets on my nerves
8) Repeat 1-7 process while returning from the pool
9) Repeat 1-7 process while going to work
10) Cant peck my wife on the cheek while dropping her off to work as we're both short. She pecks my shoulder nowadays instead!

Emotionally its a 8/10 for me. Only my Bullets and Old Honda city have a higher rating of 8.5/10

I guess I have a lot of getting used to.

Cheers to all of you, took me about an hour to think and type.

Stay Sharp,
Vivek

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited. Please follow Team-BHP Rule #11.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th March 2013 at 14:05. Reason: Adding Paragraph spacing for better readability. Thanks for sharing!
montievv is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 18:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership Report - Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4

Congratulations. A superb down to earth review as viewed from top. Absolutely unbiased initial impressions without holding back, don't think I saw such on Safari/Storme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montievv View Post
My primary criteria for selecting any 4 wheeler are:
1) View of the road/outside world from inside

Storme beats almost all vehicles below Rs. 50L range in point number 1. e.g. Innova, though decently comfortable (not as much as the Storme) had a few blind spots. I just did not like it.
Absolutely, just the King of The Road feeling nobody else gives and I think you are right in saying so in comparison to Fortuner too. When I alight from my Innova and get into the Safari, it is the very feeling I get.

Quote:
Ride quality - My Storme "bounces" like a ping pong ball on heavily uneven roads while the Innova handles these well. I wont rate this as some of my friends tell me that I will feel these for the first 5000Kms or so and everything will be fine after a couple of services. Cornering is good, doesnt feel like a boat. I would give this a 6/10 right now but will wait for a few thousand kms before covering this point.
Thanks for confirming my fears from my short stint with it. I thought that the new Aria platform had given the edge but seems not.

Quote:
- Road presence. Those Auto wallahs now let me turn in peace and leave me alone. Some buses and trucks do too. Fortuners and Innovas don't. I give this a 9/10
Do you mean, Fortuners and Innovas don't give you sides when on road? I would have thought so for Fortuners, but Innovas too?

Quote:
- Sudden braking - Not me, my friend has this habit of pressing the clutch and brakes together in an emergency. I don't let him drive much. But for safety I try this test on many vehicles i.e. at 80kmph hit the brakes and clutch hard together. Sadly the Storme fails here. 0/10
Thanks again, that confirms my fears from my short stint with it. So I am not alone to feel that way.

Quote:
Cheers to all of you, took me about an hour to think and type.
Quite an achievement, must say, to come out with such an unbiased initial up-to-date review. You did miss something. No matter how many are there, pictures are a MUST. Please find some time and complete your review to give a glimpse of your bull.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 18:34   #3
BHPian

Congrats on buying the storme. Can you please share the price on-road?
quadra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 18:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic perspectives Vivek and Congratulations on your Storme!
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 18:48   #5
BHPian

Congratulations on the storme. I had test driven the vehicle. It definitely has road presence - a true beast! If it had some more features I would have gone for it.
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 19:15   #6
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the unbiased review montievv. Please post some pictures of the storme.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 06:55   #7
BHPian

Enjoyed the review.

Especially liked the sense of humour - which you definitely need to have for owning Tata vehicles, I owned three of them - Estate, Indica and a Safari!.

I liked the advice you got - you will get used to it after 5000 KM Don't we all!

Tata are you listening - here are a bunch of suggestions and potential improvements in the next version which ought to be sooner than later.

The fight with wife about seat belts is something I can connect with. I think a wrap-around contraption should help. The nylon belt cuts into the skin, especially women are sensitive about it.

Congrats on your new ride. Ride safe.
soonya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 09:28   #8
BHPian

Vivek, Thanks for a good neutral review. I will keep watching out for your long term report. Within a year I plan to change my Sumo Grande MKII and your reviews will help me in making a decision.

Funnily even after doing 65,000 Km, my MK II has no rattles. That shows how inconsistent the QC of the TATA motors is which is one of the major issues for them
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 13:01   #9

Truly montievv you have bought a beast for yourself ! When I test drove the storme I ws completely blown away by the car. Tata has truly come up with a product this time.

Could you please share the on-road price an the FE figures.

Please put a stop to my eagerness b posting some pics of the beast.
poloslg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 13:45   #10
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Really nice unbiased review.

Love the Humour,

I think you can get aftermarket Wipers of a larger size - Civic 26" flat blade ones for both sides. Place the LHS Wiper below the RHS one so that they do not hit each other.

I was under the impression that a the rear would look better with lighter colours due to the contrast of the black panel with the lighter colours. For exactly the same reasons you share an opp view. That's why the car companies have so many shade options.

Pls do keep posting updates, loved your frank narration style.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 14:22   #11

Wow - congrats on your new acquisition. Loved the breezy narrative. I also admired your focus on what is required - 4x4, all round view, etc.
Good lessons for TATA from here - how people are dropping from higher segments like Fortuner, Endeavour etc. and so their expectations are different and need to kept in mind.
Rajseniorhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 16:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Vivek for the Storme.
And thanks for sharing your unbiased views with everyone.
Wish you loads of mile munching with the Storme.
Enjoy and drive safe.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 17:18   #13
BHPian

Thank you for the great write up! Your wit throughout the post was too good that it got me some stares at office for laughing out loud.

I don't know when Tata is going to get their act together - they NEED to sort the niggles and do that quick - squeaks and loose nuts in a brand new vehicle that costs you Lakhs to buy? Don't tell me that they cant find a tech who cant tight the screws properly. And does Tata Motors have something called QA at all?

With that long list of niggles, I am surprised that you rated the Storme an 8 - may the positives outweigh the the negatives by a huuuge margin.
Jeash.vk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:41   #14

Dear All,

Posting the pics is going to take till tomorrow as I have sent my Storme to the service station and asked them to remove all the noises for me! Meanwhile I am out of action too with a bad back. This is good considering I finally found time to read the manual.

Need inputs - Will my photographing the entire manual and uploading a pdf mean violating any copyright? If not, can do this over the weekend.

Had a detailed chat with Service personnel and the service station owner about a whole lot of things (features, irritants, etc.). Following are my findings and a few corrections.

Found noises at the following places:
- Middle seat lock (left hand side), wasn't getting latched onto the seat properly. This was causing most of the noise and different types of noise to boot
- Front Passenger seat spring
Service personnel promised to fix this for me

More irritants:
- Manual comes in a cheap roadside quality leather cover
- Manual has too many spelling mistakes (e.g. Glow box vs Glove box)

Quote:
Ride quality - My Storme "bounces" like a ping pong ball on heavily uneven roads while the Innova handles these well.
Service personnel told me that the newer suspensions (i.e. on the Storme) are "heavy duty". They'll take some time to go a bit soft. Hence the Storme has a bouncy feel to it

Quote:
- Insulation - Engine noise. Feels like a fully covered AC Mahindra commander 3/10
For NVH, Manual lists a section under "Value added services", called Vibration deadeners. Does anyone have experience in somthing similar?

Quote:
- AC Filter - I get outside odour within fractions of a second 1/10
Even on recircultation of air, most new vehicles mix outside air to keep CO2 levels low. This was done mostly in vehicles during 2006-08 by all manufacturers especially after a lot of people died in Mumbai floods in their vehicles. My mistake for not noticing in the other vehicles I have driven

Quote:
- Diesel Tank opening button - I'm gonna run this vehicle over someone the next time I pop the diesel cover open instead of opening windows. I've lost 5 Kgs in 3 weeks just getting out of my car closing the diesel cover and walking back the entire length of the Storme. (Note to Self: Should've skipped buying that cheap treadmill) 3/10... uh ohhh my defogger button next to it is also almost always "on"... so let me go with 1/10
Correction: The button next to fuel tank opening switch is not the defogger. It is actually the switch for locking window operations by passengers

Quote:
- Inside rear view mirror - Difficult to adjust and has a dirty wire for parking sensors coming out of it 3/10
Manual reads: "Anti Glare knob (if fitted)". I did not notice this. Will check again

Quote:
Would have been good to have for a very compelling recommendation:
- Passenger seat Lumbar support adjustment
Manual reads: "Lumbar Support (if fitted) - Lumbar support is provided on driver's and co-driver's seats to give you comfort while driving". Funny, I looked for it twice on passenger seat and did not notice it. Will check again and revert

Quote:
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited. Please follow Team-BHP Rule #11.
Sorry! I did read the rules & guidelines. I dont know how I skipped this

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Congratulations. A superb down to earth review as viewed from top. Absolutely unbiased initial impressions without holding back, don't think I saw such on Safari/Storme.
Thank you!

Quote:
Thanks for confirming my fears from my short stint with it. I thought that the new Aria platform had given the edge but seems not.
As written above, I think this has to do with the newer suspensions. Lets wait another 3k odd kms?

Quote:
Quite an achievement, must say, to come out with such an unbiased initial up-to-date review. You did miss something. No matter how many are there, pictures are a MUST. Please find some time and complete your review to give a glimpse of your bull.
Pics by tomorrow. Promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Congrats on buying the storme. Can you please share the price on-road?
Thanks! Navi Mumbai, 16 Lacs on road. With the Storme most people will get only a 36 month EMI whereas Fortuner, Innova and Duster get 60 month EMI. Might influence your buying decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Fantastic perspectives Vivek and Congratulations on your Storme!
Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Congratulations on the storme. I had test driven the vehicle. It definitely has road presence - a true beast! If it had some more features I would have gone for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Thanks for the unbiased review montievv. Please post some pictures of the storme.
Thank you BlackPearl. Pics by tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonya View Post
Enjoyed the review.

Especially liked the sense of humour - which you definitely need to have for owning Tata vehicles, I owned three of them - Estate, Indica and a Safari!.

I liked the advice you got - you will get used to it after 5000 KM Don't we all!

Tata are you listening - here are a bunch of suggestions and potential improvements in the next version which ought to be sooner than later.

The fight with wife about seat belts is something I can connect with. I think a wrap-around contraption should help. The nylon belt cuts into the skin, especially women are sensitive about it.

Congrats on your new ride. Ride safe.
Thank you soonya. I learnt driving on the estate! Actually learnt it on the premier padmini, but got my nerves settled on an estate. That always has a special place in my heart. Plus I guess estate was the first Indian car to have a power steering. Am I correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
Vivek, Thanks for a good neutral review. I will keep watching out for your long term report. Within a year I plan to change my Sumo Grande MKII and your reviews will help me in making a decision.

Funnily even after doing 65,000 Km, my MK II has no rattles. That shows how inconsistent the QC of the TATA motors is which is one of the major issues for them
I am definitely going to fight rattles with fervour. Will be glad to post long term reviews and a hopefully short fight with the rattles. Perhaps you would want to go for the Storme when they announce a newer version of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloslg View Post
Truly montievv you have bought a beast for yourself ! When I test drove the storme I ws completely blown away by the car. Tata has truly come up with a product this time.

Could you please share the on-road price an the FE figures.

Please put a stop to my eagerness b posting some pics of the beast.
On road price mentioned above. Fuel efficiency - Rs. 3.5 per km according to standard diesel prices in Navi Mumbai. Back calculating - Around 12 per km. That also reminds me. My technical friends (2 of them) who work for various service centres have told me not to use high speed diesel. It may give higher efficiency at first but in the long run is not good for the engine according to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Really nice unbiased review.

Love the Humour,

I think you can get aftermarket Wipers of a larger size - Civic 26" flat blade ones for both sides. Place the LHS Wiper below the RHS one so that they do not hit each other.

I was under the impression that a the rear would look better with lighter colours due to the contrast of the black panel with the lighter colours. For exactly the same reasons you share an opp view. That's why the car companies have so many shade options.

Pls do keep posting updates, loved your frank narration style.
Thank you ACM. I will definitely try the civic wipers this rainy season. Usually I do not dabble much with aftermarket accessories or non-recommended parts, but will surely try this. Updates will surely follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajseniorhr View Post
Wow - congrats on your new acquisition. Loved the breezy narrative. I also admired your focus on what is required - 4x4, all round view, etc.
Good lessons for TATA from here - how people are dropping from higher segments like Fortuner, Endeavour etc. and so their expectations are different and need to kept in mind.
Thank you Rajseniorhr. Actually large service centres and showrooms of Tata are losing around Rs 3 to 10 lacs a month. Sales have been down. And most Tata buyers tend to get their vehicles done "outside" after the free services are over. It may not be long that a few of these close down if things dont change fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Many congratulations Vivek for the Storme.
And thanks for sharing your unbiased views with everyone.
Wish you loads of mile munching with the Storme.
Enjoy and drive safe.
Thank you Sommos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeash.vk View Post
I don't know when Tata is going to get their act together - they NEED to sort the niggles and do that quick - squeaks and loose nuts in a brand new vehicle that costs you Lakhs to buy? Don't tell me that they cant find a tech who cant tight the screws properly. And does Tata Motors have something called QA at all?
Reminds me of an anecdote about Henry Ford when refering to paint options on his cars - "You can have any colour as long as it is black".

I am sure they'll come around. Too bad most of us hoped it would be sooner due to JLR. But the thing about Tatas unlike many other manufacturers is that I know they are genuinely bad at their work (like Royal Enfield for instance). With others I get a feeling that those guys are trying to gyp me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeash.vk View Post
With that long list of niggles, I am surprised that you rated the Storme an 8 - may the positives outweigh the the negatives by a huuuge margin.
Technically it was still a 6.5
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:52   #15
BANNED

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 10th April 2013 at 12:55.
sivadeep is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks