Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2013, 10:21   #616
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
And Honda snooty arrogance is back. They're forcing upto 15000 to 20000 worth of useless antirust Teflon coating and seat covers, and backup sensors, and what not. All accessories at MRP.

This is at Ring Road Honda Motinagar. Services offered are great, but the deal offered is aweful. "Take it or leave it. Others are in line for the car Sir! "

Are you listening Honda? This kind of arrogance is something not warranted of a brand like Honda!

Anybody else facing such behavior? I think I'll make a written complaint to the company Top Management

Even i faced similar situation at the dealership yesterday when i asked SA about final price i have to pay for my ExMT D booked on 11April.
Firstly, he told me that delivery cannot happen before June end (at time of booking he said he will give the car within this month if i book white color).On argument he said he can check with sales manager and see if he can arrange Ex(base)model.

Although unhappy ,i said ill be ready to take EX if delivered within this month.After 15 min,He said they will be able to give me the vehicle but ill have to purchase Add on package worth 20K(Dep cap Ins+Anti Rust+Dep cap+extended warranty) as they are delivering the car to me on priority.

I finally decided to cancel the booking and asked manager that please give me in writing that it is mandatory for a customer purchase Add on package at the time of delivery so that i can take up this matter with honda management.I was asked to wait for 15 min more and finally the manager came and said that they will be able to give me the vehicle without buying any Add-ons .

All i can say is this is my first experience with honda car and it is no way different from buying Swift D(dealer openly asking premium amount) or XUV500(dealer forcing customer to buy silver accessory package for instant delivery).
maverick555 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 10:37   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post

Is this car equipped with paddle shift? or it is just an AT without any manual override?
No paddle shift in Amaze.
thiagust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 10:52   #618
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze Diesel E variant or Petrol S variant?

Assuming your monthly run is over 1200 kms, like someone mentioned, is your office going to reimburse your fuel bills as well ? If they are go for the petrol, else go for the diesel variant. The amount you save on your fuel, can be used for fitting the ICE, etc and you get a safer car.
Old 15th April 2013, 11:08   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
And Honda snooty arrogance is back. They're forcing upto 15000 to 20000 worth of useless antirust Teflon coating and seat covers, and backup sensors, and what not. All accessories at MRP.
Complain to Honda on twitter - @HondaCarIndia. I've seen them responding to tweets.
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 11:11   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Go for the Honda Amaze E with the i-dtec engine.

ABS+EBD is any day more important than a HU+Wheel caps etc. You might regret not having a HU at first but that can easily be fitted for as little as 5k however safety features such as Abs and Ebd are priceless.
I'm of the same opinion, had i been given a choice I would have definitely gone for the one with ABS and EBD !
Old 15th April 2013, 11:32   #621
BHPian

Thank you one and all for your valuable suggestions!
And yes my company is going to reimburse the fuel for me!
And I will be grateful to one and all if one of you could let me know the full form of ICE as I am unaware of it!
Old 15th April 2013, 12:06   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
And I will be grateful to one and all if one of you could let me know the full form of ICE as I am unaware of it!
ICE = In Car Entertainment = Music system which comprises a head unit + speakers, amps, subs etc.
Old 15th April 2013, 12:08   #623
BHPian

Dear Rakshit220

In Car Entertainment I guess

In any case, the criteria as many mentioned before need to be arrived at before arriving a decision - your daily usage, highway/local, and driving preferences - personal drive/chauffer driven.

Many things like ICE or aluminium wheels can be bought and added at one's cost. When I was availing company purchase option - used to buy the lowest specced car with the minimum features that I wanted (then there were no ABS/EBD) and add bells and whistles to it later (did not want to spend more as at the end of the day I used pay the EMI from my salary).
Old 15th April 2013, 12:48   #624
Distinguished - BHPian

6,000 Bookings since launch & counting as per Economic times report;

Source : http://articles.economictimes.indiat...rst-diesel-car
Old 15th April 2013, 12:54   #625
Senior - BHPian

Is the compression on the diesel engine known? To reduce the NO emissions, they were using lesser compression and would like to know it compared to maybe MJD.

I will be waiting for Jazz with the diesel mill
Old 15th April 2013, 12:58   #626
Senior - BHPian

Just a different thought in my mind:

With Attractive price tag, good diesel engine, better boot & highest mileage claimed by Honda for Amaze, will it not attract many taxi people to use it for their business like they are using Verito, Etios? If it used by lots of cab people then i think lots of personal buyers will think twice before buying it. Same problem Tata faced for Indica & Indigo range. Many people don'y buy just because they think its a typical cab. It creates negative mind set for people. Few of my friends didn't even think of Etios when they bought there cars due to its cab image. Honda city, Verna & Dzire never have such problem.

Lets see how it goes.
Old 15th April 2013, 13:15   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Honda city, Verna & Dzire never have such problem.

Lets see how it goes.
Dzire is also entering the cab segment and I do see a lot of cab services with Dzire in their offering. This is especially after MSIL launched/ reintroduced a variant meant for cab usage. I guess Dzire Tour (?). Soon that will also draw a taxi image. But you are also right in quoting that Amaze has all the ingredients to make it attractive for the cab community. I am not sure how Honda will restrict this, also will they actually try to do so! From their past experiences, they will try to retain the respect of Honda badge. Let's see how they do it.
MotoNanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 14:28   #628

I don’t know how reliable is Honda’s experiment with a diesel car I would definitely prefer something this is safer and has also been consistent. There’s no second thought maruti dzire comes to my mind instantly
Old 15th April 2013, 14:32   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Just a different thought in my mind:

With Attractive price tag, good diesel engine, better boot & highest mileage claimed by Honda for Amaze, will it not attract many taxi people to use it for their business like they are using Verito, Etios? If it used by lots of cab people then i think lots of personal buyers will think twice before buying it. Same problem Tata faced for Indica & Indigo range. Many people don'y buy just because they think its a typical cab. It creates negative mind set for people. Few of my friends didn't even think of Etios when they bought there cars due to its cab image. Honda city, Verna & Dzire never have such problem.

Lets see how it goes.
Cab image means that vehicle is built for a price.

Logan is so boxy but had great space and FE. Cost cutting is written everywhere.
Etios had horrible looking interiors(currently its just OK) and it only looked like a younger brother of Logan. Again cost cutting evident
But both these are loved by cabbies because low maintenance and Engines are proven to run few lakhs of kms very easily. Plus excellent FE.

Tata manza/vista - How many taxi do we see ? hardly any. Because it looks premium to be a taxi, but have odd niggles to love as a personal car. No wonder Tata is sinking badly since both taxi as well as private users dont like it anymore

Amaze - Price looks aggressive, It scores heavily in terms of space and engineering but then looses out on Features such as Climate control and premium Interiors that Dzire offers. Honda service may not be as cheap as Etios costs. Cost cutting is evident, but Honda did not price it very cheap

So, I feel that buyers will not shun a car just because it is a favourite of cabbies.
It is mainly because the car chosen by cabbies typically looks plain jane.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 15th April 2013 at 14:34.
Old 15th April 2013, 14:32   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Dzire is also entering the cab segment and I do see a lot of cab services with Dzire in their offering. This is especially after MSIL launched/ reintroduced a variant meant for cab usage. I guess Dzire Tour (?). Soon that will also draw a taxi image. But you are also right in quoting that Amaze has all the ingredients to make it attractive for the cab community. I am not sure how Honda will restrict this, also will they actually try to do so! From their past experiences, they will try to retain the respect of Honda badge. Let's see how they do it.
cabbies will go for more space and a bigger boot. honda service charges would put them off.also ease of repair and maintenance outside dealerships is a major point.

Most Viewed