Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2014, 10:25   #46
BHPian

Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Hi there!
I am happy you went for the Amaze . Congratulations and join the club! Back when I booked, I rued the lack of an S variant with the safety features. Given the option, I would have definitely gone for the SX! Am happy that you are going for it.

I am no expert on tyres, so a look through the tyre thread would help. I went for 185/65 R14 michelin XM2. I am very happy with the Michelins. Much better grip, more comfortable ride! Some experts on the forum suggested later that 185/60 R14 would have been better since 185/65 would mean overall ~2% increase in the circumference. From my limited knowledge, the other popular choices seem to be Yokohama A series (some suggest that the softer compound of the Yokos mean more comfortable ride but they also seem to be more prone to punctures. Bridgestone (Turanza maybe? not sure...) seem to be among the popular choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
I would also recommend Michelin. They offer good ride and support. 185/60 and 195/60 would keep difference less than 2% and 185/65 would keep difference slightly above 2%. 195s would offer superior ride. Also don't forget larger tire size means speedo error will be more.
Hi!
Thanks for your reply. Since Sunday is the only free day available to me, on Sunday I changed my rims and tyres, to Alloys and Michelin 185/65R14. I read in some Wheels and Tyres sites that the difference can be 3% max.
185/60R14 - would be -0.94%
185/65R14 - would be +2.23%
195/60R14 - would be +1.11%
The rate quoted for 195 was INR 6200, so I chose 185/65 and it costed me INR4900 each. I did not think about 185/60 at all because I preferred a slight increase in the circumference and now from your replies I understand that 185/60 would have been the best choice!
Old 18th September 2014, 12:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Fuel efficiency:

The FE figures continue to hover around 11, but for the kind of daily runs I have (explained in earlier posts), it seems okay. haven't still had a chance to take her out on a long highway trip.
Top-Gear a nice regular round up of your cool blue Amaze there. Just wanted to check if the FE figures have changed and mention the same from the last update above or remained same.
Old 18th September 2014, 16:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Top-Gear a nice regular round up of your cool blue Amaze there. Just wanted to check if the FE figures have changed and mention the same from the last update above or remained same.
Thanks girishglg!

The FE figures have remained more or less same just as my daily commute has. I've been on couple of long drives. Those blazing drives down the Mumbai Pune expressway have yielded FE in the range of 15 - 16 kmpl. Have a nice day!
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks