Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 10:20   #16
BHPian

Re: 2013 Mahindra Bolero SLX: Initial Ownership Review

Slips underneath means like on loose gravel or while making hard moves, it skids suddenly, without warning. However, with time you are able to predict her behavior.

Regarding overtaking haryana roadways bus, you need to build momentum and then race ahead, it takes time to catch speed. It was scary in the beginning but now I am used to my Bolero and able to well plan my moves and better handle the vehicle.

It's a jeep thing...cutting edge technology, aerodynamics, ergonomics doesn't belong to her. You can live with her only if you love her.
jeepster_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 18:25   #17
BHPian

1. What is the average service cost of the m2dicr Bolero ?
2. How many free services come with a new vehicle ?
3. What is the vehicle warranty ( How many kms/years ) ?
4. What is the service interval of the vehicle. I heard its four months. That's too early in my humble opinion.
5. Are Bolero spares available in the open market ?
Old 1st August 2013, 11:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post
I also own a Bolero SLX, Jan 2012 model, credit- Team-Bhp & Indian Autos blog who helped me take this decision.

Coming to your review, it is as simplistic as the vehicle itself. As someone rightly said on Team-Bhp, Bolero isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I differ to this one point of yours. May be, you are relatively a new owner and that is why you didn't noticed it. I am not sure what we call it A pillar or what where the windscreen connects with body on the driver side, sometimes while taking a right turn on a you simply may not be able to see a cyclist or a pedestrian. It happened with me twice Other wise it is a perfect commuter for some one like me who loves the feel of driving it, like a big machinery (truck, may be), which some times also slips from underneath and acts weird when least expected.
i could have rephrased it to in comparison to other vehicles. I am surprised by how you were unable to see the cyclist. I am glad nothing happened. when i take a blind bend, i toggle between the driver's window and windscreen; considering this process of viewing i described the 'absolutely no blind spot'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
1. What is the average service cost of the m2dicr Bolero ?
2. How many free services come with a new vehicle ?
3. What is the vehicle warranty ( How many kms/years ) ?
4. What is the service interval of the vehicle. I heard its four months. That's too early in my humble opinion.
5. Are Bolero spares available in the open market ?
Answers:

1. Generally is not more than Rs.2500
2. I have around 3 free service leaflets. not sure how many
3. 1 year and unlimited kilometres
4. Its 5000Kms. this is a must for few indian made vehicles. they drink a lot of lubrication i guess
5. Yes spares are as available as maruthis. However, I would suggest go with authorized dealer

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st August 2013 at 11:38. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Plz use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Old 1st August 2013, 12:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post

Answers:

1. Generally is not more than Rs.2500
2. I have around 3 free service leaflets. not sure how many
3. 1 year and unlimited kilometres
4. Its 5000Kms. this is a must for few indian made vehicles. they drink a lot of lubrication i guess
5. Yes spares are as available as maruthis. However, I would suggest go with authorized dealer
1. Seriously?!
2. Yes, three free services.
3. That is correct. I suggest getting the 2 year additional warranty. Not sure about the kms limitation. Will check my booklet and confirm later.
Old 1st August 2013, 13:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised by how you were unable to see the cyclist. I am glad nothing happened. when i take a blind bend, i toggle between the driver's window and windscreen; considering this process of viewing i described the 'absolutely no blind spot'.
In fact, I also follow that toggling process, however, that particular turn where it happened with me is a 90 degree turn and tight. I was equally surprised when I saw that guy jumping on to the footpath I was scared and confused how I didn't see him coming. Later on I realized that two things probably went wrong, one the blind spot, secondly it was pitch dark that day, no electricity, no streetlights and may be that is why I didn't see him coming.
Old 1st August 2013, 13:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
What about the time interval of service. Four months. Implying vehicle goes to the service center thrice a year.
Old 3rd August 2013, 09:40   #22
BANNED

Guys,

Bolero's will be implanted with an Mhawk heart. Waiting for that day to lay hands again on this known devil, fourth time.
Rajith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 09:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Guys,

Bolero's will be implanted with an Mhawk heart. Waiting for that day to lay hands again on this known devil, fourth time.
Is that Question or a Statement.
A Bolero with 120 horses
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:08   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Is that Question or a Statement.
A Bolero with 120 horses
Nothing to get shock !!. Please recollect bolero vlx with 100 odd horses to pumb.

Also no need all Mhwaks to be with 120 horses in the belly.See the quanto.

****** Power to weight ratio is the key.
Old 5th August 2013, 10:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

When ? As far as i know, that will happen only in the updated Bolero which is due only in 2015.
Old 5th August 2013, 13:33   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post

When ? As far as i know, that will happen only in the updated Bolero which is due only in 2015.
Can be 14 end or early 15.It's going to be killer machine in 2wd and 4wd variants , which will be saviour for mahindras during those times tough competition.will have airbag and abs.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 23:16   #27
BHPian

I hope the leaf springs will also be shown its way to a bit more capable (comfort wise) to confy coil springs in the rear... then its gonna be a killer for sure...
Old 29th August 2013, 20:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised by how you were unable to see the cyclist. I am glad nothing happened. when i take a blind bend, i toggle between the driver's window and windscreen

My i10 has a HUGE blind-spot. During initial days I used to miss full sized buses on my right . A cyclist seems OK in comparison.
Old 31st August 2013, 11:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, the wait is over. Our new Bolero SLX 2013 is here. I would like to share my observations to all future Bolero owners.

Hey! Congratulations on your purchase! How is the bolero holding up? How has the ownership been?
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:17   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Boomerang, sorry buddy for the OT on your ownership log, but couldn't ignore these posts.

Quote:
Guys,

Quote:
Nothing to get shock !!. Please recollect bolero vlx with 100 odd horses to pumb.

Also no need all Mhwaks to be with 120 horses in the belly.See the quanto.

****** Power to weight ratio is the key.
Quote:
Can be 14 end or early 15.It's going to be killer machine in 2wd and 4wd variants , which will be saviour for mahindras during those times tough competition.will have airbag and abs.
Rajith, is this news confirmed? Because, if it is, would make a perfect adventure vehicle. There was another thread that MM won't be launching any new products till 2015/16. Is this the *all new* Bolero or just a reworked version of the current one?

Also, with the mHawk heart I guess this will be priced rather close to Scorpio LX 4x4. Maybe around 8/8.5 x showroom ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks