Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 12:50   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5P AT : Owner's Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
So Sports mode is same as tiptronic? And how do you manually change gears? Via paddle shifters? Skoda/VW DSGs offer two modes - sports, which allows the engine to redline before upshifting and tiptronic, which allows the driver to manually change the gears. I thought Ford did not offer tiptronic mode on the Fiesta, just the sports mode. On EcoSport AT, they have offered both?
Dear Anand Padhaye,

The EcoSport AT has a S or Sports mode which has more torque basically between the gear changes. The EcoSport does not have Paddle shifts but instead has a Tiptronic button on the side of the gear lever itself. The Tiptronic has + (plus) & - (minus) signs. When you press the + you upshift and when you press the - you downshift. The Tiptronic button can be activated only in the S mode and not in the D Mode. The Ford Fiesta AT does not have tiptronic or Paddle shift option.

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2013 at 13:34. Reason: Please do NOT use acronyms when referring to cars (e.g. ES)
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 13:22   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
IIRC, the EcoSport has tiptronic but no paddle shifters. The shift is using the floor gear stick, in the tiptronic position that is on the side of the normal R-P-D-S travel line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Dear Anand Padhaye,

The ES AT has a S or Sports mode which has more torque basically between the gear changes. The ES does not have Paddle shifts but instead has a Tiptronic button on the side of the gear lever itself. The Tiptronic has + (plus) & - (minus) signs. When you press the + you upshift and when you press the - you downshift. The Tiptronic button can be activated only in the S mode and not in the D Mode. The Ford Fiesta AT does not have tiptronic or Paddle shift option.

@Reinhard, @roy,

Thank you, this is good to know. This was sorely missed on the Fiesta. I wished they had offered this AT box with EcoBoost engine as well...
Old 20th August 2013, 13:23   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

My bad. Confused the tiptronic position with another car.
This pic from the official review shows the TT clearly -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/148779.jpg
Old 20th August 2013, 13:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Congratulations, and thank you for your ownership experience. I think a lot of people who shied away from the AT based on the Fiesta review (like me!) will be having second thoughts about it.

I'm surprised at this. Line in is a one-way connection (device to car), so there's no way you can change tracks through sync or the steering. Volume is applied in the head unit so its understandable you're able to control the volume. Are you sure you've not connected your iPod through the USB connector, which would enable track control?

Tell them to buckle up! Seriously, I think the absence of grab handles is a very good way of getting people in the rear seats to use their seatbelts.
Yes You are right Arun Philip. I just realised that I had swapped the IPod Touch from the Line In to the USB. Voice commands DO NOT work with any Music Device connected to Line IN You can only control the Volume from the steering controls.,Sorry my error
Old 20th August 2013, 14:10   #20
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations! Thanks for the detailed review

In my opinion, the petrol AT is most loaded variant in the Ecosport range. The Titanium (O) may have comfort options like leather seats and start/stop button, but in this you get the added safety of ESP /Traction Control and other useful features like hill-hold.

I thought all the Ecosport variants come with black/grey interiors. Did not know that the AT variant comes with beige fabric seats. When you get time, can you please post some interior pictures?
Old 20th August 2013, 15:42   #21
BHPian

^^ Fully agree with you , the Petrol AT version is the way to go if you are a safety freak.
Old 20th August 2013, 17:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

@ royfernandez :

Thanks a million for the detailed yet factual review. It's brilliant.

I am on the brink of booking an Ecosport AT and was looking for feedback from an owner - and you have provided a very, very nice owner's experience.

Nice to hear that the Ford dealer in Chennai has adhered to all commitments. I am also working in Chennai and based on your dealer experience will approach them only.

Congrats once again on the wonderful buy. Drive safe and wish you many, many miles of happy & trouble free motoring!

Last edited by arjab : 20th August 2013 at 18:05. Reason: typo corrected
Old 20th August 2013, 19:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for a wonderful car. Please upload some pics.

How is the in-gear acceleration when overtaking on highways?
Old 21st August 2013, 06:30   #24
BHPian

Hello royfernandez
Welcome to team-bhp!!.
A very well crafted, balanced review. Thanks for sharing.

Did you get insurance done outside or with the dealer? If outside, do you mind sharing the details?

Could you share the costs of the additional accessories?
Old 21st August 2013, 07:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Read a quality review, after a long time. All the details have been captured. Thank you for this contribution.

Please post few pictures.
Old 21st August 2013, 13:35   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ES, ANHC, T-Fort) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars.

Thanks!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 14:29   #27
BHPian

Hey, Congrats on getting the new Ecosport. Pretty surprised(In a good way) to hear about the good FE figures. If the AT can manage 12 then I am sure the Manual 1.5 P would easily be able to manage 14-15 KMpl. Why chose the Ecoboost over the 1.5 in that case.
Switch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 17:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
If the AT can manage 12 then I am sure the Manual 1.5 P would easily be able to manage 14-15 KMpl. Why chose the Ecoboost over the 1.5 in that case.
Auto transmission in Ecosport is a dual clutch unit and not a regular torque convertor.
This Automatic vehicle has a fuel efficiency matching close to manual transmission one.
Since his car is new, FE is less. It will improve as he drives more.
If Ecosport AT is giving him 12KMPL, then manual may give him around 12.2 KMPL.
Old 21st August 2013, 18:02   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Roy on your Ecosport AT and on a well written review. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on your new car.
What you might have lost out in space from your Scorpio would have been offset by the ease of in city driving in an AT.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 20:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations Roy on your Ecosport AT and on a well written review. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on your new car.
What you might have lost out in space from your Scorpio would have been offset by the ease of in city driving in an AT.
Hey Thanks Baddy this is my 1st AT & believe me you got to drive the AT to see the difference, I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for 45 minutes & I have never ever listened to Clapton's guitar for those 45 minutes even at home I was so relaxed driving buddy....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks