Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 20:40   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Auto transmission in Ecosport is a dual clutch unit and not a regular torque convertor.
This Automatic vehicle has a fuel efficiency matching close to manual transmission one.
Since his car is new, FE is less. It will improve as he drives more.
If Ecosport AT is giving him 12KMPL, then manual may give him around 12.2 KMPL.
Djay, only 1 comment I Drive like " Driving Miss Daisy" calm sedate & cool in fact I started loving heavy traffic because I can chill with the music, Aircon, a couple of ciggys & believe me after a stressful day at work driving home at 8 pm is like detoxing buddy......
Old 21st August 2013, 20:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5P AT : Owner's Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Djay, only 1 comment I Drive like " Driving Miss Daisy" calm sedate & cool in fact I started loving heavy traffic because I can chill with the music, Aircon, a couple of ciggys & believe me after a stressful day at work driving home at 8 pm is like detoxing buddy......
Absolutely true. An AT car brings huge smile even when struck in dense traffic.
When are you uploading pictures?
Old 21st August 2013, 21:08   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

-No Push Button Start. Cannot forgive Ford for not providing this for the AT. MUST HAVE BEEN A PRICING DECISION.
Roy, first of all, congratulations on your new car and welcome to the Ecosport community in Chennai!

I think after some digging, I may have the answer to why Fiord did not provide the push button start on the Automatic variant.

I have push button start on my Titanium-O Diesel car. I know it is also present on pure Titanium variants (both the 1.0 Ecoboost and 1.5 Diesel). So, I do not think it is purely a pricing related decision.

I found that the push button start operation (on both the Ecoboost variant I test drove and in my Diesel Ecosport variant) is connected to the clutch pedal. You have to depress the clutch pedal and then push the start button to turn on the engine. Same for turning off the engine.

Now as we all know, the automatic variant does not have a clutch pedal. So Ford would either have to do expensive re-engineering to link the push button start operation it to the brake pedal (as is common in other push button driven auto cars like the Mercs), or just leave out the feature altogether in the Auto variants. I think they went for the latter option!
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 21:21   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post

Congratulations on owning the first AT in Team BHP! I had booked the AT with MPL ford on 13 June but reconsidered it later due to many reasons. It is absolutely worth every rupee considering the goodies you get @ just 10 lakhs!

The MPL ford team has been superb. I am glad it was not isolated to my SA alone and the entire team is like that! Kudos to MPL!

I didnt understand the 4 year maintenance plan! Do they have something like that? Can you please share more details once you get more clarity?

Closing the doors do take a little time but you will soon get the hang of it! Gives confidence on the car build quality!

The reverse parking sensors do help i am sure but also consider installing a rear camera! I have installed one and its absolutely worth it considering the rear area is totally blind!

Congrats again on a nice crisp review & wishing you many happy miles on the AT! Welcome to the Chennai family of Ecosports!
Hey urajkumar can you tell me how much the rear cam costs also does it work with the sensors already available in the AT....... guess you have the ambient which don't have the sensors & further more is it an OEM or after market fitting.......... don't want to do anything to void the 4 year warranty form Ford especially when it's ICE related bcos I am really an Audiophile ....BTW I have not fitted my 150w Alpine amp from my Scorpio only becos of this warranty issue....
Old 21st August 2013, 21:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

Roy, first of all, congratulations on your new car and welcome to the Ecosport community in Chennai!

I think after some digging, I may have the answer to why Fiord did not provide the push button start on the Automatic variant.

I have push button start on my Titanium-O Diesel car. I know it is also present on pure Titanium variants (both the 1.0 Ecoboost and 1.5 Diesel). So, I do not think it is purely a pricing related decision.

I found that the push button start operation (on both the Ecoboost variant I test drove and in my Diesel Ecosport variant) is connected to the clutch pedal. You have to depress the clutch pedal and then push the start button to turn on the engine. Same for turning off the engine.

Now as we all know, the automatic variant does not have a clutch pedal. So Ford would either have to do expensive re-engineering to link the push button start operation it to the brake pedal (as is common in other push button driven auto cars like the Mercs), or just leave out the feature altogether in the Auto variants. I think they went for the latter option!
Hey Monsoon this is your time Man, with the monsoons in overflow, but on a more serious note my sister in Sydney has a I30 Hyundai which comes with an Push button start & most important the I30 which is AT & she is laughing at me & saying you don't even have a push button start on your top end AT that hurts Thanks to Ford, so how come an AT DOES NOT COME WITH A PUSH BUTTON START. believe me Monsoon it was purely a pricing decision. I didn't get Leather seats on my AT can you believe how short changed I am right now at least the same Leather seats of the Fiesta. Oh Ford cannot forgive you.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Thanks

Last edited by Stratos : 22nd August 2013 at 15:19.
Old 21st August 2013, 22:11   #36
BHPian

Roy,

Congrats on your new car. Wish you thousands of happy miles with this.
Couple of questions:
1. From where did you take the insurance and what was the cost?
2. Is the 4 year maintenance plan offered by Ford or the Dealer.
3. Can you also post the prices of accessories that you have chosen.

FYI, I booked an AT a day after the launch but it's a long wait here in Mumbai. Dealer old me that Mumbai has highest bookings for AT followed by Bangalore.

Cheers.
Old 21st August 2013, 22:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Monsoon this is your time Man, with the monsoons in overflow, but on a more serious note my sister in Sydney has a I30 Hyundai which comes with an Push button start & most important the I30 which is AT & she is laughing at me & saying you don't even have a push button start on your top end AT.....that hurts Thanks to Ford..., so how come an AT DOES NOT COME WITH A PUSH BUTTON START....believe me Monsoon it was purely a pricing decision..... I didn't get Leather seats on my AT can you believe how short changed I am right now at least the same Leather seats of the Fiesta.......Oh Ford cannot forgive you.....
I think this push button start thing can be fitted as aftermarket. Check with Ford dealer first. If they say no, then check with car decor guys. I saw this thing fitted as after-market in lower variant of fluidic Verna.
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I think this push button start thing can be fitted as aftermarket.
It can be fitted aftermarket but will certainly void the warranty because you have to make modifications to the harness. It would be better left the way it is even though i understand that push button start/stop is definitely a cool feature. With a new vehicle like Ecosport, one should not take chances. You never know when Ford will start behaving like some of the other auto companies in India. I remember an incident wherein a big auto company refused to repair a vehicle stating that electricals warranty is void because the bulb used by the poor chap was of different wattage than specified
Old 23rd August 2013, 09:23   #39
BHPian

Thanks Royfernandez for posting this fantastic review. This is probably the first one from an actual user for the Ecosport AT, in the entire web, and a treat for all of us who have booked the AT variant and awaiting delivery.

Till then, we will vicariously enjoy the ownership experience through your inputs and discussions on this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...humbs%20up.gif

A few questions:
  • Do you need to push a button to activate "hill assist"? Or is it always enabled?
  • On the Fiesta AT, one of the complaints was that engine braking was not available and the car would coast once pressure on accelerator was released. One had to engage a separate mode (through a button on the stick) to enable engine braking. How is it in the Ecosport AT?

Last edited by risga : 23rd August 2013 at 09:24. Reason: minor editing
Old 23rd August 2013, 09:56   #40
BHPian

Congratulations royfernandez for a great purchase.

When the news of EcoSport getting launched started to pour in, I contacted Planet Ford (Pune) for details and expected delivery schedule. This is when I was planning my Safari purchase. To say the least, Planet Ford guys were not that helpful. Neither they were sure when the vehicle will start to have it's booking nor the expected delivery dates. I don't blame them entirely though. It may be just that they themselves were not aware of the details. That said, their response to potential buyers should have been more convincing than what I heard. And this is, I being an existing customer of Planet Ford. Wonder how they would have responded to the queries of new buyers.

Delivery won't be possible before end of December 2013, Ms. Pooja told me and I thought not to inquire further since the manner of her wordings suggested a pretty close-ended discussion.
Old 4th September 2014, 15:49   #41
BHPian

Hi, whats the Fuel Efficiency you are getting [not the display figure] on city and highway roads ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks