Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 10:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review

I realised (thanks to our team here) that I had the key in my pocket while I was doing this - no wonder it would open each time I pressed the boot unlock button.

Have tried it with the key far away and it doesn't open.
Old 12th August 2014, 11:53   #32
BHPian

Hi Grand23

Yesterday took the test drive of Grand Diesel. Well I had mixed response.
I liked all the features except auto door locking, which i have been used to since 1999 (Autocops in Santro)
I had problem with the starting torque and the engine only kicks in after 1500 rpm. Even for city driving, i would expect a better initial torgue.

The engine behaves well between 1500 to 3000, thereafter it seems to cut-off. Now how is that possible as maximum rpm is 4000 at least (rated power level)

Was inclined for Sports or Asta but may have go for Asta(O) for ABS & Airbags.
This puts me in another segment fight, as in comparison to Asta(O), you have new polo 1.5 Diesel.
Polo all the model have common safety features.
I did take the test drive of Polo and I was impressed. once you are in third gear, you need not change gears, even for U-turn and I also tested it for start-stop situation.
Old 31st January 2015, 11:56   #33
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
After long time I am here. I was bit busy in construction of my house.

I hope the ownership thread of my car would have helped most of them.
My car is now crossed 22000 kms in 1 year 4 months. It’s been pleasure to drive the car.

Few issues I faced was,
  • Tyre (Goodyear) damage when I ran into pot hole.
  • Pickup was too low. After long drive around 1200 kms, I felt the car was losing the pickup power at low end gears. I took the car to service, but adviser said everything is fine there was no issue. But still I was experiencing same thing. But after few days, it got settled by itself. I couldn’t understand what is the reason? I am sure some experts can throw some light on this.
Okay, now the real surprise is here. I was planning to treat my car after she completes one year of service. But somehow couldn’t do it due to my budget issue.
Then finally in December, I made necessary arrangements to treat her. I took her to the new 3M showroom which was located at Hopefarm circle, Whitefield Main Road.

About 3M Hopefarm:
The manager Mr.Kumar was very kind in understanding the requirements of the customer. He also gave lot of information on 3M car care products and services. He has setup the service center very close to main road of Whitefield-ITPL.

I took some time to understand the services he is providing and then made decision to go for:
  • UV protection
  • Exterior and Interior Cleaning
  • Car flooring mats
  • Stripes over car
I will let my pictures to talk about:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_145333.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_153736.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_162001.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_162019.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_173816.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_180943.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_213142.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_213157.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_213648.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_213713.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review-p_20141226_213741.jpg  

GRAND23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 17:06   #34
BHPian

[quote=GRAND23;3635181]Hello BHPians,
After long time I am here. I was bit busy in construction of my house.
[*]Stripes over car I will let my pictures to talk about

Hi Grand23, car looks really neat and well maintained.

My Asta (0) in twilight blue also needs a similar clean-up treatment.

Could you please help me with two things?

The overall cost of this entire package and service experience.
The exact cost of the stripes over the car. Looks really good and am guessing would look on my car's twilight blue as well? What do you think?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:18   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
My Asta (0) in twilight blue also needs a similar clean-up treatment.

Could you please help me with two things?

The overall cost of this entire package and service experience.
The exact cost of the stripes over the car. Looks really good and am guessing would look on my car's twilight blue as well? What do you think?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Hi Parth,

The overall cost of entire package was 24130/- Rupees.
Cost Breakup:
Wraps (Stripes) - 8740/- Rupees. 190 Rupees per square feet.
Mats - 4800/- Rupees. 240 Rupees per square feet.
I took annual car treatment package - 10590/- Rupees (Which includes 3 UV Car treatment, 5 free car washes).

The overall experience was good.
It's a new setup, hence wrap film was only available in black color. But now they have more colors. Attention to detail is good but can be better. Wrap films are trimmed manually by using flat scale, I think now they are planning to trim it by machine. So expect more precise wrap films on the body.

You can contact Mr.Kumar (3M manager) for more details.

For twilight blue, try white wrap film.

Happy revving..
GRAND23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:23   #36
BHPian

Thanks for the heads-up GRAND23, most helpful.

Certainly planning on visiting this outlet soon and figuring out what needs to be done. I agree, white should look good as well. Let me see some samples in person and then take a call.

Thanks a lot!
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi Grand23

Yesterday took the test drive of Grand Diesel. Well I had mixed response.
I liked all the features except auto door locking, which i have been used to since 1999 (Autocops in Santro)
I had problem with the starting torque and the engine only kicks in after 1500 rpm. Even for city driving, i would expect a better initial torgue.

The engine behaves well between 1500 to 3000, thereafter it seems to cut-off. Now how is that possible as maximum rpm is 4000 at least (rated power level)

Was inclined for Sports or Asta but may have go for Asta(O) for ABS & Airbags.
This puts me in another segment fight, as in comparison to Asta(O), you have new polo 1.5 Diesel.
Polo all the model have common safety features.
I did take the test drive of Polo and I was impressed. once you are in third gear, you need not change gears, even for U-turn and I also tested it for start-stop situation.
Hi Wanderer,
Yup, Auto door locking is missing in this car.
But there is manual lock/unlock button on the driver side door.

You are right about starting torque, but I didn't experienced initially. I experienced it after 15000 kms. Technically, I am not aware why this is happening? I took my car to service adviser, he says 3-Cylinder diesel behaves in this way after few thousands of kms.

Yes, 1500-300 rpm is the sweet spot. Frankly speaking, car behaves like a petrol engine. Smooth torque delivery, low noise levels.

Yeah, not only polo you may get overlap with i20 as well.
In Grand too, you can do u-turn without changing gear from second to first. The low end torque delivery is pretty good.
The plus point with Hyundai is established service network against polo. In my personal experience service network matters lot, when you are frequent Wanderer.

Make a wise decision!
GRAND23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 08:52   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Hi Wanderer,
Yup, Auto door locking is missing in this car.

You are right about starting torque, but I didn't experienced initially.

Make a wise decision!
Hi

Thanks for reply.

I finally bought Grand i10 diesel Asta on Diwali.

I did have some apprehension about initial torque but its not so much of a concern now. In fact I find it better than i20 diesel.

I don't know about drop in torque after initial run-in period but it can't be true, there might be other reason.

Try changing the Petrol Pump. This drop could be due to adulterated diesel or water in diesel.
Another issue is vibration after switching off the engine, but I guess, its the nature of a 3-cylinder diesel engine.

Last edited by Wanderers : 4th February 2015 at 08:53.
Wanderers is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 22:00   #39
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - (LongTerm Ownership Review 62500 Kms)

Dear All,
Here is the update of my ownership after I completed 62500 kms with my 2013 Grandi10-Diesel.
The Journey with this car is exceptional and loaded with memories too.
I have driven this car in all kinds of roads. I have covered most of the south India in this car. It’s perfect car for sedate driver and to the people who are looking value for money.
The major maintenance in this car was tyre which lasted till 55000kms and the battery which was changed at my 60000 kms service. Apart from this, I haven’t changed anything in this car. My regular annual service bill never crossed INR 10000/-.
Quickly, I shall let you all know What I liked and What I didn’t after revving 62500 kms:
What I Like:
• Breeze to drive the diesel car in city. With 2nd gear, I can start from zero. Pretty useful in Bangalore traffic.
• Fuel Efficient Engine. In City on average FE is 15kms and Highways easily 20-21 kms with sedate driving style adopted.
• Easily swallows the luggage of small family. Boot space is just enough for family (2+2)
• Roomier than previous i10. The space in Grandi10 with i20 is almost identical.
• Interiors doesn’t seem outdated. FYI, I purchased this car in 2013. It can put some of the other cars to shy even today. The fit and finish is awesome.
• Smooth Gearbox to operate. No change from Day one. It’s silky and smooth.

What I didn’t Like:
• Underpower diesel engine. You feel this in both highways and city when the car is fully loaded. Most of the times in city, I turn off AC to get better low-end gear torque.
• Somehow, this engine emits lots of smoke. I don’t accelerate immediately, I gradually bring the car to sweet spot rpm. Yet, I see a smoke. Point to note that I tried decarbonizing too. Yet after few days, I see thick smoke. Service advisor's couldn't solve this. Remains mystery for me.
GRAND23 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks