Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2006, 18:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
BTW how do you maintain your black Baleno?
The best way is to have someone wash your car daily or atleast on alternate days. But if the person is not careful enough it can do more harm than good - so I don't go for that option. I wash it on weekends and keep it under cover when parked at home. On weekdays, I just dust of the dirt with a soft cloth.
Have not waxed it yet - should start doing that soon.
Old 5th July 2006, 18:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Oh ok but yes like I mentioned preferably drop it rather than pressing
Old 5th July 2006, 18:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Have not waxed it yet - should start doing that soon.
Supreme, I got the car teflon coated. Cost about 1500 Rs. The dust is not sticking to the car now. They give warranty for a year against fading, peeling etc. I can use the duster to remove the dust easily. Wiping is dangerous. It can scratch your paint if the dust layer is thick or has hard particles.

I heard of a special cloth called deeding cloth or something. Cost about 350Rs. You can wipe the body with it. Similar to the cloth supplied in sun glass covers.
Old 12th July 2006, 03:57   #19
BANNED

Quote:
My color choice was also as fast as yours. The primary reason was the almost body matching bumpers. Will look even better if you paint it.
All the pics on the Maruti Alto website show cars with body color bumpers.
http://www.marutialto.com/colors.asp
Are these variants of Alto that comes with body colored bumpers? I have seen bumper paint peeling off, and I prefer the all white Alto.
Old 12th July 2006, 09:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

NO Alto does not come with body coloured Bumpers but if you want then you can get it painted by the Dealer atleast thats what I did, he charged me 3k for this & the paint aint peeling of even after 8 months & 10,600 kms
Old 12th July 2006, 18:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee
All the pics on the Maruti Alto website show cars with body color bumpers.
http://www.marutialto.com/colors.asp
Are these variants of Alto that comes with body colored bumpers? I have seen bumper paint peeling off, and I prefer the all white Alto.
The issue is that the bumpers tend to get scratched quite often. Hence will look odd. Since my car is black, I preffered to leave them as it is. Very minimal difference if the car is black.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 12th July 2006 at 18:44.
Old 4th September 2006, 17:43   #22

Quote:
Supreme, I got the car teflon coated. Cost about 1500 Rs. The dust is not sticking to the car now. They give warranty for a year against fading, peeling etc. I can use the duster to remove the dust easily. Wiping is dangerous. It can scratch your paint if the dust layer is thick or has hard particles.

I heard of a special cloth called deeding cloth or something. Cost about 350Rs. You can wipe the body with it. Similar to the cloth supplied in sun glass covers.
Hi Ajo,

I am from Chennai and I too own an ALTO Lxi. Can you let me know where did you get your car teflon coated. Is this teflon coating is different from waxing?

I had my car painted for underbody anti-rust coating from ABT with 5 years warranty on it. Wheel wells are coated again for every 6 months by ABT . It costed me around 2200 bucks and proves to be really useful in our beloved Chennai roads during rains.

Cheers
Sridhar A K
Old 4th September 2006, 22:59   #23
BHPian

I think the dents that have been mentioned on the bonnet can be removed using suction. I don't remember exactly but there was kit I read about sometime back which you can use to suck out small dents. Dents like the ones mentioned here. I guess google search should reveal something.
Old 6th September 2006, 18:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharak
Hi Ajo,
I am from Chennai and I too own an ALTO Lxi. Can you let me know where did you get your car teflon coated. Is this teflon coating is different from waxing?
I got it done at Radio Warehouse in AnnaNagar. They dont do it, but get it done from a specilised car care guy in Guindy. They operate in all service centers. Its different from waxing. Doesnt allow much dust to stick unless theres water on the body.
Old 7th September 2006, 14:11   #25
BHPian

Hey mail4ajo,

I enquired with Mandovi motors here in Bangalore about the teflon coating for my Alto and they quoted Rs 3500 for it. I don't know how they can charge so much for it unless its of a far better quality. Are they just planning to take me for a ride(usually dealers charge higher but more than twice is ridiculous)? Could you throw some light on the matter? Thanks.

Suhas
Old 7th September 2006, 15:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Do a check on "Teflon coating" on google. There are conflicting opinions from auto experts about its usefulness. After researching a bit and based on the opinion from my friends who had it done, I decided it was not worth the 3500 quoted to me.
Old 7th September 2006, 18:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharak
Hi Ajo,

I had my car painted for underbody anti-rust coating from ABT with 5 years warranty on it. Wheel wells are coated again for every 6 months by ABT . It costed me around 2200 bucks and proves to be really useful in our beloved Chennai roads during rains.

Cheers
Sridhar A K
you can get it done in 3m centre in t.nagar, G.N.Chetty Road, next to jain temple
Old 25th April 2007, 10:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

I owned Alto-06 and it has done 8500 till now...I'm getting rattling sound from my front left door @ certains speeds...when i went for servicing MASS says it a common problem for Altos...do anyone are facing this prob.
Old 25th April 2007, 12:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I owned Alto-06 and it has done 8500 till now...I'm getting rattling sound from my front left door @ certains speeds...when i went for servicing MASS says it a common problem for Altos...do anyone are facing this prob.
Ramsagar, I have an AltoLXi-2006 and have done 15500 km so far but dont have any rattling so far...Pls check it to a proper MASS?
Try out Surakshaa if u r in Bangalore... Ask for Lokesh, u can also tell that u r from team-bhp and u know me (My name is Abhijit)

Abhi
Old 30th April 2007, 23:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
No, My car has completed the third service, the only rattling I had was a loose screw in the door cladding. Got it fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks