Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2013, 16:39   #16
BHPian

re: BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3

Congratulations! The baby Beemer looks absolutely stunning (it doesn't hurt that it shares it's older siblings DNA!)

And I L.O.V.E the way the car choices went from the Ritz to a Beemer!!! Superb!
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 16:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Way to go. Don't know why I'm feeling so happy! Yeah, though it is your garage where the Bimmer is parked; might be it feels good to hear people upgrading big.

The below lines felt right out of a movie; no I didn't go through the BMW Joy verses fully but these touched my heart. Inspirational buy and your text too.

Quote:
On the back of this 3 letter word, we built a company.

(Inspired by Flyingspur's excellent opening post that has cheered me up many a times when the mood is low).

Dad: Well….. ( a pause meant I wasn’t going to like what is coming next), I am thinking of the Ritz.

Me: The Innova has done 1.2L kms and is getting old and boring. Why not sell it off and buy the Fortuner ( a vehicle that I always admired for its looks and road presence). Then I can get the Fortuner here and you can take the Altis. Problem solved!

The Sales rep there probably didn’t consider us worthy enough of his Mercedes on seeing us get out of our humble Sunny or that me and Sameer were wearing floaters or my dad was using those age old Nokia phones (just my guesses).

The expression on his face was priceless and he for the first time admired a car for its looks and I quote: “ye car to baaki sab gaadiyon se bauhat alag lag rahi hai!”

Overtaking became like a piece of cake and the cars in front were more of obstacles to be crossed than fellow drivers to be overtaken.
Congrats drmohitg
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 17:02   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. It is interesting how so many people are upgrading to luxury cars today from the C segment. When I moved into my apartment block in 2010, most people had City's, or at best Civics and Corollas. Then there was a brief wave of upgrades where Superbs and Accords were purchased. But today, almost everyone is progressing to the 320 D or even the 520 D and skipping both the D1 and D2 segments. Creates a problem for the really rich though - they are forced to move up to Q 7s or Range Rovers to maintain a distinction from the hoi polloi. (like my friendly neighbourhood cricketer did recently).

Anyway trust your dad enjoys the car, does not waste it on drivers, and you get a chance to enjoy it on trips to Delhi as well. Also hope that you have taken BMW Service inclusive - it's a no brainer with these cars.
Hayek is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 17:14   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on a great driver's machine! A very well written report. To be honest, you wrote so well that the pictures I feel didn't ooze the same quality. Hope the next version will have pictures which will compete with your writing!

Wish you miles of safe & fun filled motoring!
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 17:28   #20
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3

Wow........ Congrats on the new Beemer 3 series. A colleague of mine bought 3 series few months ago and can't stop raving about the sports mode. Very nice pictures. I'm sad for Volvo as their cars are not seen much in India and anyone who buys a volvo car becomes their brand ambassador. Mineral grey on this looks looks awesome.so does your blue 3 series.

Drive safe.Play some nice music.Go on a long blissful drive
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 18:00   #21
BHPian

Congratulations once again Mohit. Great photos too, I am curious though, not a single pic of the interior? What gives?
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 18:16   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Finally the review is up. I have been waiting for this since you posted in the 'i booked my car' thread.
From XUV5oo to the Fortuner and finally the 320D. Congrats man
Keep updating the thread and enjoy the beast.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 18:25   #23
BHPian

Congratulations once again on your 3er. Well written. Wishing you thousands of happy and thrilling miles on this car.
I had been waiting for this review ever since you had mentioned booking it on the decision thread. Great Read.

Cheers
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 18:55   #24
BHPian

Congrats Dr.MohitG . You've made a great choice. Your car with corona rings look complete unlike the earlier versions. Imperial blue is a sweet colour. And after reading your thread, even i'm thinking of penning my ownership review now after almost a year. en'JOY' as you said
Veelubai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 19:33   #25
BHPian

Congratulations Mohit on getting the Joy home. I would not say the 320D is one of the best car to own in its segment, however it is The Best Car to own mate. Nothing comes closer to the driving dynamics of the 3 Series and with a class leading cg figures, it holds the tarmac like a leech at any speeds you do. Kudos to you, and a fantastic upgrade from Ritz to BMW. This one is high on my wish-list too.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 19:50   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Anyway trust your dad enjoys the car, does not waste it on drivers, and you get a chance to enjoy it on trips to Delhi as well. Also hope that you have taken BMW Service inclusive - it's a no brainer with these cars.
Yup I am going to opt for the 5 year/60k km package. Can pay anytime before the first service so will take it around the 6 month mark. BSI is a must with these cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on a great driver's machine! A very well written report. To be honest, you wrote so well that the pictures I feel didn't ooze the same quality. Hope the next version will have pictures which will compete with your writing!
Come on. That is too flattering. The initial pics were taken by my phone camera in the dark and hence the poor quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Congratulations once again Mohit. Great photos too, I am curious though, not a single pic of the interior? What gives?
Soon to follow. Busy driving the car currently !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Congrats Dr.MohitG . You've made a great choice. Your car with corona rings look complete unlike the earlier versions. Imperial blue is a sweet colour. And after reading your thread, even i'm thinking of penning my ownership review now after almost a year. en'JOY' as you said
So very true. I am so relieved that I didn't opt for the one without Xenons even though it was a good 2.5L cheaper. The xenons and the coronas make all the difference and add that charm to the ownership experience. It really feels out of this world to have the DRLs on during the daytime.
Old 30th November 2013, 20:18   #27
Team-BHP Support

Many congratulations Mohit! From the XUV to a Bimmer, looks it paid off well towards the end.

Lovely compilation of snaps and the writeup. Please post a few snaps of the innards and the engine bay as well.

The eyes of the devil!

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-1455855_10201710271537470_724996728_n.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 21:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Lastly I would like to thank Toyota from the bottom of my heart for pricing the Fortuner so atrociously that created all this confusion and ultimately helped me own my dream car. For practically 5L more I get a whole list of features, the BMW brand and one of the finest driver’s car this side of 50L.
Very True. I love the Fortuner but almost a 8 lakh increase in price over a period of 4-5 years is atrocious.

Congrats Mohit. Loved the Imperial blue colour and glad that you went with the Corona lights. Happy Driving.
Old 30th November 2013, 22:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Many Many congratulations Mohit for the brand new BMW 320d!

Owning a Beemer must be a dream come true for you. It is looking just fantastic. Nice pictures too.

Please do post more interior photos and keep the thread updated.

Wishing you many miles of happy and safe motoring!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 23:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Oh so finally thread's up. Right from the moment we went to checkout xuv and fortuner, I had this feeling in my mind that this purchase would end up with some epic ending

Had alot of fun on all those long chats, right from discussions of polo to jetta to xuv to fortuner to cruze plus gt tdi combo then finally the discussion went to Big 4's. It was a hell lot of fun checking out and driving all those beautiful machines out there.

Honestly, I feel in this segment every car has it's own unique quality, While one excels in one thing, another in second, Below are my point of view regarding, all those car available out there in 30-35L segment.

Driver oriented- 320d, S60 D5

Comfort oriented- A4, C 220.

Exclusivity- V40 anyday.

The A4 is also a nice overall car, only downer is the lazy gear box. If audi could do something about it, it would surely have been one of the main contenders here. While we were that close to buy V40, but due to negligible rear seat space and okayish drive, It went off the list, But this car is super sexy, You name a feautre and she have it, Hats off to volvo for designing such a beautiful car.

The c class, I would say it's the jack of all trade, But master of none. Volvo S60, was awesome but was chucked off the list later due to concern of badge value.

But in the end, A single test drive on expressway with sports mode, Sealed the decision. You can feel slight push back in your seat, though the raw feeling of turbo in cruze is altogether a different game But still this car will make sure that you end up with a wild grin on your face after a drive in it. If you're looking forward to buy a car in this segment, look no where else. This car does it all, but where is shines is the fun to drive factor which lacked in all other cars in this segment. F30 320d is HIGHLY recommended.

Attaching couple of pics, I have of her, Enjoy :-

The I drive screen.

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-1456690_10201710262017232_194905410_n.jpg

H-O-T

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-img_201optimized.jpg

Who says these cars are heavy to run, Courtesy: My light foot driving over 50 kms of highway stretch. with 2-3 sports mode bursts in between.

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-img_202optimized.jpg

Interiors at the time of evening.

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-img_203optimized.jpg

The rear looks bulky here, Maybe because of angle of pic.

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-img_204optimized.jpg

Anyways, I guess this is enough before mohit comes behind me for taking over his thread

Last edited by sameerg001 : 30th November 2013 at 23:45.
sameerg001 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks