Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2013, 14:26   #31
BHPian

Re: An Avalanche : My Candy White Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
No, your Vento bill has the Final amount written with VAT included whereas for the Skoda bill, VAT is added at the end of bill.
Check the initial price in your bill. It is same for Rapid.
Good to see that same part numbers have been priced equally.

Ah, OK. But still I dont see the labor costs for replacing filters in the Rapid bill? Is that right?
Old 19th December 2013, 14:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Ah, OK. But still I dont see the labor costs for replacing filters in the Rapid bill? Is that right?
It was the first service for Skoda which is Free so no labour charges.
However, To be honest in your bill there should have been one charge for approx. 1000-1200 as second service labour cost which should include these parts replacement cost.
It seems to me like they are taking you for a ride. Do cross verify with other members and other Vento service threads please.
Old 20th December 2013, 21:03   #33
BHPian

Got this tyre valve caps from eBay for Rs.495. This is supposed to be in GREEN color if the pressure is 32 PSI and turns yellow & red if the pressure drops. Yet to see how it works.
Attached Thumbnails
An Avalanche : My Candy White Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI-tirecheck-tire-pressure-valve-stem-caps.jpg  

Old 25th December 2013, 19:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spradheep View Post
Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs for the headlights. Much better than the stock bulbs and happy with these.
Can you please share the bulb size for Rapid headlamps (Is it H4?).Actually I'm contemplating upgrading to Xtreme visions as soon as I get my ride. Inputs on your experience with the same will be appreciated with gratitude.
Old 25th December 2013, 20:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Can you please share the bulb size for Rapid headlamps (Is it H4?).Actually I'm contemplating upgrading to Xtreme visions as soon as I get my ride. Inputs on your experience with the same will be appreciated with gratitude.
Yes, it is H4 Philips Xtreme Vision. Got it from eBay for approximately Rs.1200.
The difference I see immediately is much improved low beam spread over the stock headlights. Definitely I am happier than the stock bulbs for sure and it helps a lot. You can go for it. The other option is OSRAM Nightbreaker which is in my friend's Rapid and it is almost similar, no big differences.
spradheep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 21:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
The difference I see immediately is much improved low beam spread over the stock headlights.
Thanks for a swift reply. But the mix-up here is Iam getting the MY14 Elegance model that comes with projectors for low beam and a normal bulb with reflector for high beam.The high beam bulb seems to be H4, but no clue about the low beam lamp. Any idea about this one?
Old 25th December 2013, 21:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Thanks for a swift reply. But the mix-up here is Iam getting the MY14 Elegance model that comes with projectors for low beam and a normal bulb with reflector for high beam.The high beam bulb seems to be H4, but no clue about the low beam lamp. Any idea about this one?
H4, as far as i know, is a dual filament bulb. So in your car it wont be H4 for the high beam because the low beam bulb being separate, high beam would require single filament bulb.
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 22:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
H4, as far as i know, is a dual filament bulb. So in your car it wont be H4 for the high beam because the low beam bulb being separate, high beam would require single filament bulb.
Hey, thanks for enlightening me on this. I shall ask my dealer about the OEM bulb specs and start looking for options available.Tried searching the owner's manual, but to my surprise thay haven't updated it for MY14 model.
Old 6th January 2014, 19:32   #39
BHPian

It is 6 months now with the car and 12000 km done. Car running fine and no issues after the first service. However, I am noticing some wind noise at speeds above 80 kmph after the windshield was replaced. I did not observe this when driving within the city. Out on the highways, it is very obvious and need to check this with the service center this week. Could it be due to improper fitment of the windshield where it was not glued correctly?
Old 6th January 2014, 19:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
It is 6 months now with the car and 12000 km done. Car running fine and no issues after the first service. However, I am noticing some wind noise at speeds above 80 kmph after the windshield was replaced. I did not observe this when driving within the city. Out on the highways, it is very obvious and need to check this with the service center this week. Could it be due to improper fitment of the windshield where it was not glued correctly?
Whoa!!! Thats fast.
What is the FE you are getting within city and on highways?
Any other niggles you faced?
And those valves you bought, are they still serving well?
At 32 I found the ride to be a bit bouncy and have thus dropped the pressure to 30 in all 4 with 2 passengers on board. It has been fine so far. What's your observation?

Wind noise could be due to improper fitment though i highly doubt it. Did you notice any leakage etc of water?
Old 6th January 2014, 21:23   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Whoa!!! Thats fast.
What is the FE you are getting within city and on highways?
I haven't done a proper measurement yet but on the highways, it should be around 18 kmpl.

Quote:
Any other niggles you faced?
No. There was a minor issue of some noise when AC is ON and during acceleration as I had mentioned in one of my previous posts. This is now fixed after the first service though I am not sure what caused the problem.

Quote:
And those valves you bought, are they still serving well?
Yes, it is fine. Yet to still test if the colors change in case of drop in the pressure.

Quote:
At 32 I found the ride to be a bit bouncy and have thus dropped the pressure to 30 in all 4 with 2 passengers on board. It has been fine so far. What's your observation?
I'm finding 32 PSI perfect for me. Will test with 30 and check the difference.

Quote:
Wind noise could be due to improper fitment though i highly doubt it. Did you notice any leakage etc of water?
I am sure it has something to do with the windshield replacement because before this I have never noticed this noise and now it is too obvious.
spradheep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 18:07   #42
BHPian

I had informed the service center about the problem with the wind noise and took the car yesterday. The service adviser checked it and agreed that there is an air leak due to improper fitment. They fixed the windshield again (free of cost under the warranty) and I got the car back yesterday evening itself. Now, the wind noise is not present and it is normal
spradheep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 00:38   #43

1.Dent tinkering and painting (Right rear quarter panel) : Rs.7000

I have experienced a very similar hard scrates at exactly the same location.

I have checked with mahindra car care, they quoted at rs2500 and it's one day work.
Please suggest howz the work done at skoda service center as cost is almost double. Will it match the original finish???
I checked over call for replacement, skoda tafe access quoted around 30k!!! I have bumper to bumper insurance.

Some suggested it has to be welded at joints and denied me going for replacement as service center doesn't have infra to do as per factory... Plz suggest

Thanks
Sathya
Old 16th March 2015, 10:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya6600 View Post

Please suggest howz the work done at skoda service center as cost is almost double. Will it match the original finish???
Hey Sathya, I am not quite sure how is the work done at Skoda A.S.S, which some owners can advise.

What I can do, is suggest some of the following body work garages in Bangalore, that you may want to give a shot:

1. Automotive Garage

2. Sai Colorium

3. Trend Automobiles

From my personal experience, I can vouch that the Quality and Finish will be as good as an OEM garage.

Most importantly, you will probably get the entire job done at half the price.

P.S - There are mixed reviews about all these body shops/garages. So advise your discretion on choosing any.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th March 2015 at 10:53.
Old 16th March 2015, 21:49   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya6600 View Post
I checked over call for replacement, skoda tafe access quoted around 30k!!!
Hi Sathya,

The work done at Vinayak Skoda service centre was satisfactory.
But in your case estimate seems to be on a higher side. As Vik0728 has suggested, please check options outside as well.

-Pradheep.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks