Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:04   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I kind of like the OE seats of the i20. They offer good support. Even if it's good quality seat covers you tend to lose the contours a little bit. Plus they are dark brown so won't get dirty easily. I would leave them as they are.
I am also in the same dilemma of leaving my Swift's seats at stock rather than adding seat covers.

To keep the seat covers tight they will squeeze and pull losing out on the original shape.

Anurag.
Old 23rd February 2014, 06:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai i20: The 'right' car for one's senior folk. My reasoning & choice

I have a friend of mine who has the I20 Asta. Have done quite some long distance in that car. As Vid mentioned, even I liked the OEM seat covers.

Shankar, if you really want to go the next level, I think you should get one of those Karlsson/Stanleys.
Old 23rd February 2014, 07:17   #18

Superb writing and congrats on the i20 buy. Have been driven around in a i20 and as all of them are suggesting the OE seats are very comfortable, gets my vote as well. If your keen on changing the seats I would suggest karlsson as I have seen them work on a couple of cars and there attention to detail work ethics is very impressive. The pricing is on par with Stanley based on the grain of leather etc etc.
Old 23rd February 2014, 08:00   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the buy Shankar. We went through the exact same process last year - without the Rapid, but with the Figo and Polo in the short lists and settled on the i20 Asta Petrol in Blue. It's been over a 14 months and the car has just been a delight.

The loading of so many features is really nice, especially love the keyless entry, seamless phone-Bluetooth integration and the rear view camera. The smoothness of the steering is butter like and safety features are obviously welcome.

Being the nut that I am, have been continuously thinking of what all accessories can I add on, but am at a loss actually. Other than the car perfume and door edge protectors, have really not required anything at all!

The only 2 slightly negative points I would add are - firstly the lack of a distance to empty / real time fuel consumption data and secondly, sometimes at higher speeds on the highway the steering feels a bit too light. A slightly heavier feel would have felt better.

Otherwise we are very happy with the buy and will hold on to it for a long time.
Old 23rd February 2014, 11:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new I20. I read an I20 review after a long long time, and I enjoyed reading every bit of your review. You have put "to the point and simple reasoning" while selecting the car for your parents. The I20 sportz and asta AT have a disc brake at the rear but your asta doesn't just because it has a 1.2L Kappa engine? How crazy can it get from Hyundai! I had thought all Asta variants come with a rear disc brake. All the best for your new car, and I would like to read more about your experience with the Hyundai for the years to come.
Quote:
They drive on average around 800 kms a month max, and in the last 8 years their Diesel Indica has just clocked 51000 odd Kms.
Just like your previous Indica, we have a similar situation. We have a third gen 2002 Honda City, which has clocked only 18,xxx kms so far! Our monthly running in that car is hardly ~400kms or so. I want to sell it off and get something modern, but my parents refuse to part with this one. (they tell me it's a true driver's car, not like those that are sold now!) Maybe sometime in future I will ...
Old 23rd February 2014, 11:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

What others have told is true. The OEM seats are the best. Since you are looking at Stanley, Ovion, Karlsson, I would suggest Karlsson. My cousin has installed in his duster and is very happy with it. The stitching is perfect. He stays in Mangalore where weather is very hot and humid and never faced any sweating issues.

Since the discussion here is about the seat covers, let me put a short review of my seat covers. I was planning not to put any covers but did it just for the sake of aesthetics. The OEM cover is a weird dark colored one which looked completely out of place for a black car. I didn't want to spend a fortune on covers and hence went to Konark car accessories shop at Jayanagar. I asked him for art leather covers which should hug the seats tightly and shouldn't make my back wet in hot weather. He showed me the covers from a company called Dolphin which I agreed.

This is how it looks after 2.7 years and 77,500 km:
Hyundai i20: The 'right' car for one's senior folk. My reasoning & choice-100_4668.jpg

Hyundai i20: The 'right' car for one's senior folk. My reasoning & choice-100_4669.jpg

It's cleaned every 10K km during servicing by Hyundai A.S.S. I too drive a lot in Mangalore region but haven't experienced any sweating issues. Its not showing any signs of aging. Overall very happy with the seat covers.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 23rd February 2014 at 11:56.
Old 23rd February 2014, 14:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for your inputs.

I really liked the pictures of the car covers from Konark Accessories. Amazing.

Will think on it and take it further.
Old 28th February 2014, 16:49   #23
BHPian

I would suggest Dolphin covers from Konark as well. They look good and they are durable too!

My i10, which I sold sometime ago, had Dolphin.

My Dads i20 which runs in Udupi/Karkala/Mangalore also has Dolphins and are quite satisfactory.

Konark is good! (I visited their Koramangala Shop both times)

Last edited by iPai : 28th February 2014 at 16:51.
Old 28th February 2014, 18:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
I would suggest Dolphin covers from Konark as well. They look good and they are durable too!

My i10, which I sold sometime ago, had Dolphin.

My Dads i20 which runs in Udupi/Karkala/Mangalore also has Dolphins and are quite satisfactory.

Konark is good! (I visited their Koramangala Shop both times)
Thank you again.
Where exactly IS their Koramangala Store?
Old 28th February 2014, 22:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Thank you again.
Where exactly IS their Koramangala Store?
Its exactly behind the BP fuel station which is after the Starbucks coffee when traveling from Forum side. I had once gone there for fog lamps installation since their Jayanagar shop didn't have stock.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 02:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Its exactly behind the BP fuel station which is after the Starbucks coffee when traveling from Forum side. I had once gone there for fog lamps installation since their Jayanagar shop didn't have stock.
Gotcha. On the little loop road that is behind A2B and which comes out near that Tata Docomo office on Hosur Road.
Near that Auto shop and all the rest of them. Right?
Old 1st March 2014, 08:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gotcha. On the little loop road that is behind A2B and which comes out near that Tata Docomo office on Hosur Road.
Yes. To be precise, its located at the black circle in the map.

Hyundai i20: The 'right' car for one's senior folk. My reasoning & choice-konark.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 14:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guyfrmblr! You explained it well!

shankar.balan, I suggest you go early so that you get a good parking place.
Usually, outside the shop.

The place gets filled up fast even on weekends!

Last edited by iPai : 3rd March 2014 at 14:42. Reason: General Correction
Old 8th April 2014, 01:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Guys, what would the price be for Dolphin covers from Konark for the I20?
Old 8th April 2014, 20:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

One more query.
The OEM horn in the I20 is horribly inadequate.
We want to fix a simple Bosch Horn for the car. This requires a relay switch.
Will fixing this compromise anything in ref the wiring and safety harness etc?
Will it impact the warranty?

Please advise!
Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks