Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2014, 11:32   #16
BHPian

Re: My Renault Duster 85PS - 3 month / 4500 km Report

Congrats on the car, highwaybuddha. I just booked a Duster 85 Rxl+ model last week. I faced a similar choice between ecosport and duster. However the long waiting period and cramped interiors in ecosport tilted the decision in favour of duster. I live in Himachal and have to deal with extremely bad roads/no roads on a daily basis. So two things were on my priority -visibility and ride quality. On both these counts the duster scores over ecosport
Old 12th March 2014, 14:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations for your Duster and thanks for the detailed review.
Wish you many happy mile munching with the Duster and drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Could you please explain this for me? I am right now going through the negotiation process. And they have offered insurance waiver and some more cash discount to make it 65k discount.

I have an Esteem that I am not selling. But wouldn't mind giving them the smart card's photocopy if that brings down price by 20k :-) Is it that simple?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
Yes, Sudipto. That's what my SA told me. Looks like these guys don't want to go through the hassle of selling the second hand car(maybe they don't break even after the 20K discount). So a good way will be to have a conversation about exchange trade in bonus, arrive at the 20K and then ask about bonus by just providing the RC book copy to them. Tell them other Renault dealers are doing this. This 20K is indeed on top of all other discounts. All the best.
This practice is prevalent across brands.
Many dealers who do not want to go through the hassle of selling the second hand car, would happily agree to pass on the exchange bonus to the customer if you can provide them a copy of the RC book of your old car.
Old 12th March 2014, 14:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sommos. I finalised the deal and am getting some discount for the old car's registration paper. It's more complicated than what you say :-) No businessman gives up 20k to avoid "some headache" :-) It's a discounting strategy. The dealer does not pay this. The principal pays it. It's a kind of open secret where the principal is shown by the dealer that an old car was sold through them where they took a hit of X amount. This X amount is paid by the principal.
As a customer I am happy to get the discount. Now how they account for it is their headache.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 15:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
It's a discounting strategy. The dealer does not pay this. The principal pays it. It's a kind of open secret where the principal is shown by the dealer that an old car was sold through them where they took a hit of X amount. This X amount is paid by the principal.
As a customer I am happy to get the discount. Now how they account for it is their headache.
Sorry, I missed to mention that.
I had this similar experience in 2006 when I bought a Hyundai car.

Best of Luck for your new car.
Old 3rd December 2015, 00:22   #20

Great ownership review Highway Buddha.
As a prospective buyer, I'm requesting more updates. How's your Dusty ageing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks