Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2015, 21:09   #106
BHPian

Re: My experience with a pre-owned Mercedes C220 CDI (W203)

@ Yuv : It was great talking to you to buddy. Hopefully , your AC problem should be fixed soon and then you can look at other aspects to bring the car back to its former glory. I am glad you were able to source the part that you were looking for. do update this thread with the progress on your car . Some pics would be great too!
iceman1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 21:54   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Where did you find Mobil 1 5W50?
Do you remember it's import/manufacturing date by any chance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman1 View Post
Hi akshay4587, I get it from R.K. Motors in Opera House,Mumbai. Cant remember the exact manufacturing/import date but I think it was May/June 2015.
A little late, but you could check out New Delhi Tyre House in Jangpura, New Delhi. These guys are the official distributors for Mobil-1 in North India.

Based on my personal experience, they offer the cheapest prices within Delhi/NCR. Have been buying from them since 2009.

New Delhi Tyre House - Contact Details
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 21:22   #108
yuv
BHPian

Hi All,

The valve has been changed but as suspected this did not resolve the problem completely. Even though the cooling has returned, it is barely there especially in the afternoons.

While popular opinion, including my ex and current a/c mechanic, think the compressor needs to be replaced but i'm not convinced.

Next is scanning and ruling out the pressure switch and fan control module. Hopefully, it has nothing to do with the SAM. Anyone got SAM repaired or replaced in their MB? Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 01:11   #109
BHPian

Has anybody had the experience of MB's original reverse sensors being fitted and being ear piercingly loud?
My W205 was fitted out by a Mumbai dealer and I think there's something terribly wrong either with the fitting process or the sensor itself - never have i experienced such a loud volume - which is actually bad for your ears.
Your experience & resolution of the issue would be appreciated.
Old 11th October 2015, 01:36   #110
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman1 View Post
@ Yuv : It was great talking to you to buddy. Hopefully , your AC problem should be fixed soon and then you can look at other aspects to bring the car back to its former glory. I am glad you were able to source the part that you were looking for. do update this thread with the progress on your car . Some pics would be great too!
Thanks and its been great talking to you too.
As mentioned above, unfortunately valve has not solved the issue completely. Will follow this up with scanning and update.

Got the vehicle serviced and polished so she's looking much better now. Then got the windscreen replaced from R.K Motors, Santacruz. They did a fabulous job and the owner Mr. Raees is not only very knowledgeable and honest guy, but also personally supervised and ensured that the fitting was done properly and cleanly. Totally satisfied with R.K.

Now on a lookout for a good set of tyres, any suggestions or recommendations guys?
The stock size is 195/65 R15 and I think i will stick to stock. Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 20:38   #111
yuv
BHPian

As an update, the a/c issue has been resolved and no, I didn't have to change the compressor. In fact, even the valve was not required to be changed.

A/c mechanic after mechanic insisted on changing the compressor, thankfully I stuck to my guns and it has finally paid off. Pressure sensor was indeed the culprit and upon changing the same, the a/c is running like in a brand new car. The MB HVAC is a complicated animal and the last thing you want to do is throw parts at it. Thanks all for the encouragement and support.

Goodyear triple assurance have been ordered online, waiting for the delivery.
Front suspension is suspect, will take a call once new tyres are in. Cheers
Old 15th October 2015, 23:06   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
Has anybody had the experience of MB's original reverse sensors being fitted and being ear piercingly loud?
My W205 was fitted out by a Mumbai dealer and I think there's something terribly wrong either with the fitting process or the sensor itself - never have i experienced such a loud volume - which is actually bad for your ears.
Your experience & resolution of the issue would be appreciated.
So finally the dealer changed the position of the sensor speaker to the boot where it is much softer. MB India called me to check if problem was resolved and appeared keen to close the chapter as if wanting to get it off their backs. Have insisted on some form of compensation for the harassment. They must compensate as neither them nor the dealer have lost anything and I've borne the costs and the harassment.
Old 18th October 2015, 00:46   #113
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
New tyres installed at a total cost 14.5k(14k for tyres and 500 bucks for fitment with new valves). These online sales are wicked, I got 4 tyres at the cost of 3.

Next is suspension, decided not to take a chance with new tyres. The estimated cost is labor approx 5k and parts 45k maximum(depending on what all needs to be replaced).

Last edited by yuv : 18th October 2015 at 00:48.
Old 18th October 2015, 01:16   #114
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
So finally the dealer changed the position of the sensor speaker to the boot where it is much softer. MB India called me to check if problem was resolved and appeared keen to close the chapter as if wanting to get it off their backs. Have insisted on some form of compensation for the harassment. They must compensate as neither them nor the dealer have lost anything and I've borne the costs and the harassment.
Even my experience with Autohanger was pathetic to say the least when I visited them for my aircon problem few weeks ago. After promising a free check up on the phone(to my surprise!), they blamed it on the poor receptionist for giving incorrect info when i turned up. But when I didn't budge, they hooked up the scan tool and gave me a verbal estimate of 2-3 lacs, which was nothing but a farce.

I got it fixed for approx 20k from outside, hope MB India is paying attention or maybe they are just not interested.
Old 18th October 2015, 08:42   #115
BHPian

Yuv - if you want, write directly to (fist name). (last name) @diamler.com. You can write to the new ceo or to Eberhard kern and someone from his office will email and call you.
Old 18th October 2015, 20:01   #116
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Yuv - if you want, write directly to (fist name). (last name) @diamler.com. You can write to the new ceo or to Eberhard kern and someone from his office will email and call you.
Thanks! Mail has been sent, it was high time.

I understand the dealership charges a premium and this is common across car makers but MB seems to be taking the top honors in ripping off old customers.

Right here on this thread are multiple instances of MB dealer having given astronomical estimate and the work was carried out satisfactorily in 10-20% of that amount from local garage. Whats going on MB? Whatever happened to customer service? Or does that word not exist in MB's dictionary any more.

I've been quoted a maximum of 50k for suspension work, can you match that Mr. Eberhard Kern?
Initially I had thought of getting an estimate from dealership but i'm sure it will not be less than 4-5 lacs therefore i have dropped the idea.

Why are you pushing away your loyal customers to local garages Mr. Kern?
yuv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 20:58   #117
BHPian

Actually Mr Folger is the new ceo. Mr Kern has moved on.
Old 18th October 2015, 22:04   #118
BHPian

Quote:

Must be such a relief to finally have the issue resolved. Had it been done right the first time around, you wouldnt have to go through this ordeal. I am not sure how forthcoming MB will be in terms of compensation but you are right on your part in demanding some form of compensation. Let us know how it goes.All the best!
Old 18th October 2015, 22:42   #119
BHPian

I'm ready to share my experience with a wider group such as twitter so that others don't have to go through this heartburn
Old 19th October 2015, 20:51   #120
BHPian

Quote:
As an update, the a/c issue has been resolved and no, I didn't have to change the compressor. In fact, even the valve was not required to be changed.

A/c mechanic after mechanic insisted on changing the compressor, thankfully I stuck to my guns and it has finally paid off. Pressure sensor was indeed the culprit and upon changing the same, the a/c is running like in a brand new car. The MB HVAC is a complicated animal and the last thing you want to do is throw parts at it. Thanks all for the encouragement and support.

Your perseverance seems to have finally paid off Yuv. Congratulations! I am glad it was narrowed down to the pressure switch which is surely far cheaper to fix then replacing the compressor but certainly not easy to diagnose.

Quote:
New tyres installed at a total cost 14.5k(14k for tyres and 500 bucks for fitment with new valves). These online sales are wicked, I got 4 tyres at the cost of 3.

Next is suspension, decided not to take a chance with new tyres. The estimated cost is labor approx 5k and parts 45k maximum(depending on what all needs to be replaced).
Brilliant Deal on the tyres!

Let me know if you need help with sourcing the suspension parts.

Quote:
Even my experience with Autohanger was pathetic to say the least when I visited them for my aircon problem few weeks ago. After promising a free check up on the phone(to my surprise!), they blamed it on the poor receptionist for giving incorrect info when i turned up. But when I didn't budge, they hooked up the scan tool and gave me a verbal estimate of 2-3 lacs, which was nothing but a farce.

I got it fixed for approx 20k from outside, hope MB India is paying attention or maybe they are just not interested.
I really dont know whats up with the MB dealers. Seems like they are only interested in fat bills rather then solving the actual problem at hand all in the name of German standards. I understand that they have their own standards and prices but giving estimates almost 10 times compared to outside prices is simply ridiculous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks