Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2015, 22:20   #121
yuv
BHPian

Re: My experience with a pre-owned Mercedes C220 CDI (W203)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
Actually Mr Folger is the new ceo. Mr Kern has moved on.
Yes, its marked to Roland Folger too. Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman1 View Post
Your perseverance seems to have finally paid off Yuv. Congratulations! I am glad it was narrowed down to the pressure switch which is surely far cheaper to fix then replacing the compressor but certainly not easy to diagnose.

Brilliant Deal on the tyres!

Let me know if you need help with sourcing the suspension parts.

I really dont know whats up with the MB dealers. Seems like they are only interested in fat bills rather then solving the actual problem at hand all in the name of German standards. I understand that they have their own standards and prices but giving estimates almost 10 times compared to outside prices is simply ridiculous.
Thanks a lot Iceman.

Suspension was done today, total cost of spares 60k as everything was replaced. Labor 6k and now my MB is floating, cant feel the potholed roads of Mumbai
Old 28th October 2015, 22:38   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Must be such a relief to finally have the issue resolved. Had it been done right the first time around, you wouldnt have to go through this ordeal. I am not sure how forthcoming MB will be in terms of compensation but you are right on your part in demanding some form of compensation. Let us know how it goes.All the best!
So MB Delhi customer service trying to convince me that compensation is not possible and keen to close the matter. Why I ask? Neither the dealer nor MB have lost anything in this entire episode and it is only me who had to experience the pain of poor service, high cost, poor installation and the time wasted in dealing with these issues. So why no compensation Mr Folger? Don't you realise that a 2 mth old customer of your brand new car of the year has had a horrible experience at your dealership? That's the least you should be offering to preserve the so called exclusivity of the Mercedes brand.
Old 7th November 2015, 19:07   #123

I happened to be doing some research on the Mercedes C220 CDI on google and chanced up on this thread. Let me say that this thread has been extremely informative and the members have done a lovely job of keeping it 'alive' for over a year since it started.

I would also like to introduce myself as the proud owner of a pre-owned Mercedes C220 CDI 2006 model. Brought it 3 weeks ago, for a real deal with approx 83k on the odo but very well maintained by the previous owner.

Got it serviced just 2 days back from a mech who handles all 'big' cars in Versova (Andheri) and it was absolutely worth it...! He has done a lovely job and the engine is quieter and not to mention more fuel efficient.

Hope to post pics of my new baby very shortly.

Keep up the good work guys! Drive Safe...!
Old 26th November 2015, 15:45   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahujarajiv View Post
Got it serviced just 2 days back from a mech who handles all 'big' cars in Versova (Andheri) and it was absolutely worth it...! He has done a lovely job and the engine is quieter and not to mention more fuel efficient.

Hi,

Can you pls provide the details of the mechanic so that I can possibly have a look as well. Any issues sourcing parts if required? Thanks.

Cheers.
Old 30th November 2015, 12:05   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahujarajiv View Post
I happened to be doing some research on the Mercedes C220 CDI on google and chanced up on this thread. Let me say that this thread has been extremely informative and the members have done a lovely job of keeping it 'alive' for over a year since it started.

I would also like to introduce myself as the proud owner of a pre-owned Mercedes C220 CDI 2006 model. Brought it 3 weeks ago, for a real deal with approx 83k on the odo but very well maintained by the previous owner.

Congratulations Ahujarajiv for your new ride! Good examples of W203's are very difficult to come by these days and i am glad you found one which has been looked after well. 83K is not much for these cars as long as they are serviced on time. Also the post 2005 cars are supposedly less troublesome then their earlier counterparts.Is yours an automatic?

Do post pics of your car for all of us to enjoy!
Old 18th June 2016, 12:34   #126
BHPian

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Hello,

Got My Service B done by myself

1. Hengst Oil filter
2. Mobil one 5w-50 6 litre oil
3. Hengst Air filter
4. Hengst Cabin filter
5. Hengst Diesel filter
6. Febi link rod pair for front
7. Febi Front Strut Bellow and Bush kit
8. 3.5 to 4 litre Coolant flush and refill
9. 1.2 litre Brembo Dot 5.1 brake oil after full brake fluid flush
10. Brembo Front and Rear brake pads
11. Rotors front and rear Refaced (waiting for drilled ones to Arrive next month)
12. Wheel Rotation, Alignment and Balancing done
13. Power steering fluid top up
14. Used Diagnostic tool Autel 807 to reset service indicator and erases software faults and well as reset throttle.

Got the Remapping Cable from Ali express. Installed software on my computer, Downloaded file from my car and sent it to a tuner in Latvia payed him 5000.rs for shutting off EGR valve and increasing initial acceleration. once I got the file back through mail copied the file back to my car.

The car can match the latest C class in performance. And also the improved brake's have given new confidence, earlier the brake pedal was soft and cars used to cover quite a distance before coming to a stop.

The fuel efficiency in sports mode with hardcore driving is 10km/litre and in highways is around 17km/ltr.

Next year would Do transmission oil and filter change. along with general Service A. The car has just clocked 32000 kms in its life.

Also looking forward to go for Bilstein B6 from petes for suspension upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
My experience with a pre-owned Mercedes C220 CDI (W203)-image1.jpg  

My experience with a pre-owned Mercedes C220 CDI (W203)-image2.png  

Last edited by noopster : 29th June 2016 at 13:46. Reason: Edited out high-speed references- please refer mod note inline
lillios is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 13:30   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Where did you order the Bremdo brake pads from and what was the cost?
Old 29th June 2016, 11:04   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillios View Post
Hello,

Got My Service B done by myself

1. Hengst Oil filter
2. Mobil one 5w-50 6 litre oil
3. Hengst Air filter
4. Hengst Cabin filter
5. Hengst Diesel filter
6. Febi link rod pair for front
7. Febi Front Strut Bellow and Bush kit
8. 3.5 to 4 litre Coolant flush and refill
9. 1.2 litre Brembo Dot 5.1 brake oil after full brake fluid flush
10. Brembo Front and Rear brake pads
11. Rotors front and rear Refaced (waiting for drilled ones to Arrive next month)
12. Wheel Rotation, Alignment and Balancing done
13. Power steering fluid top up
14. Used Diagnostic tool Autel 807 to reset service indicator and erases software faults and well as reset throttle.

Got the Remapping Cable from Ali express. Installed software on my computer, Downloaded file from my car and sent it to a tuner in Latvia payed him 5000.rs for shutting off EGR valve and increasing initial acceleration. once I got the file back through mail copied the file back to my car.

The car can match the latest C class in performance. I did 200kph with four people and luggage in my 11 year old car without breaking a sweat. And also the improved brake's have given new confidence, earlier the brake pedal was soft and cars used to cover quite a distance before coming to a stop.

The fuel efficiency in sports mode with hardcore driving is 10km/litre and in highways while maintaining 160kph is around 17km/ltr.

Next year would Do transmission oil and filter change. along with general Service A. The car has just clocked 32000 kms in its life.

Also looking forward to go for Bilstein B6 from petes for suspension upgrade.

Nice one lillios! Your C is coming along really well.It would be nice if you could mention the costs of parts used for the benefit of all the readers.

I would love to get the remap done too! However i am always pulled back by the thought of mechanical issues i may face by tweaking things like the EGR valves etc . Would love to know your thoughts and your experience so far.
iceman1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 16:38   #129
BHPian

Iceman1 thanks very much for your appreciation and for starting this wonderful thread for all W203 owner's.

Parts cost I don't really remember Since I gave list to my father and he got them procured them for me.

As far as remapping is concerned.

As you are owner of same car you may know that in first 2 gear's in City the car is sluggish. There is huge lag which leads us to use throttle even more finally leading to bad fuel average.

By turning of Egr valve electronically we are always allowing fresh Air into the engine irrespective of Car's RPM. Generally at low speed the Exhaust gas gets recirculated. By doing this car has more power at low rpm and also we can feather touch the throttle in traffic instead of nailing it to floor.

The advantages are

Better Acceleration
Better fuel mileage
Less carbon deposit in engine since only fresh air is pumped each and every time.

I Had also instructed my tuner to increase power output by 5% (Generally upto 30% can be increased within safety limit by an experienced tuner)

He would have slightly increased % of turbo boost pressure, And all the maps such as driver's wish map etc.

Be aware when your copying the remapped file back to the car.

The instrument panel would show system error and ensure you have sufficient battery in car since for the whole duration of 10 minutes which took to copy the file back the engine fan ran at full speed.

I was worried if my battery would have ran out I would have spoilt my ECU. and there is no turning back once the copy procedure begins.

Remapping is much better option compared to tuning box and I also have copy of my original file with me incase I need it.

It would give whole new life to your car.

Quote:
Nice one lillios! Your C is coming along really well.It would be nice if you could mention the costs of parts used for the benefit of all the readers.

I would love to get the remap done too! However i am always pulled back by the thought of mechanical issues i may face by tweaking things like the EGR valves etc . Would love to know your thoughts and your experience so far.
lillios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 11:44   #130
BHPian

Its been a while since i last updated this thread. So I decided to do something about that today. The ODO had recently crossed 107000 and it was due for its regular 10K service. It just struck me that i have now had the car for just under 3 years and have done about 30000 kms since I acquired it. What a pleasure it has been. Its not let me down even once inspite of putting it through some rough roads occasionally. Not to mention the condition of the roads in Mumbai especially in the monsoon.

So I ordered the parts and oil from my regular supplier in Opera house.

Mobil 1 oil - Rs 900 per litre x 7 litres
Hengst Air Filter - Rs 1750
Mann oil filter - Rs 550

Total - Rs 8600

The diesel filter was changed during the last service so i did not replace it this time.
iceman1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 12:27   #131
BHPian

Over all the car has been doing great. No major complaints. But like all ageing cars, there are a few things that will need to taken care of in the near future.

* The front suspension will need to be looked into soon. I reckon the lower arm bushes need replacement. Its making that typical rough thud- thud noise each time it goes through uneven surfaces. It started with the front right side first and has now developed onto the left side too. Since I will be replacing the lower arms , i would like to do a complete overhaul of the front suspensions as preventive maintenance. I would like advice from you all what all parts should be replaced ,the brands to be used and costs if someone has done it recently.

* I will be replacing the ATF fluid soon. I have already ordered the transmission filter , gasket , locking pin and transmission dipstick required for the 722.6 transmissions. Yes Dipstick! These cars don't come with one as mercedes promoted these transmissions as "Sealed for Life " ( more on this later ). I am yet to decide what ATF Fluid would be the best to use. Most shops typically keep Febi. Anyone with experience using Febi ATF in their cars ? Is there any better alternative. I would ideally like to get the original fluid if i can get my hands on it.

Looking forward to your views.
iceman1 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed