Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2015, 20:42   #91
DWC
BHPian

Re: Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI

So thanks to a fellow BHP'ian I think i've figured out the source of the rattle. It appears to be coming from the windows, so i've ordered the easy fix on ebay and waiting to see if it works.

My bottles of Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Collinite 845 have arrived and I spent a good couple of hours rubbing out the surface scratches on the car.

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-g17216_ultimatecompound.jpg

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-93113colliniteliquidinsulatorwax845olam10040picturelarge.jpg

Must say i'm mighty impressed with the Ultimate Compound. Works like a dream. Waxed the whole car with Collinite 845 as well and now she looks as good as new, if not better. Got a solid arm workout as well. I think i'm getting hooked on detailing her myself and i'm already looking forward to the next wax!

Here are a couple of before and after pictures of the hood. The scratch is barely visible now.

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-img_5293.jpg

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-img_5303.jpg

Here's a picture post waxing, she's shining in all her glory.

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-img_5302.jpg
DWC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 18:26   #92
BHPian

Nice looking seat covers. Are they sleeve covers with zippers, or stitched on seats? Is that a standard design? Looks very similar to the Jetta seat covers. Can you please share/PM the brand/ cost?

Many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
So I finally got around to getting seat covers and tints for the tail lights last month. Got them done from Sainath in Khar on SV road.

Attachment 1327740

Attachment 1327741

Went in for black faux leather covers for the seat. The pattern on the covers are an exact match to the pattern on the black interior plastics in the car. Only complaint is that the car heats up much faster now. But I can live with that any day over dirty fabric seats. The beige was really taking a beating.
Old 20th February 2015, 00:08   #93
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Nice looking seat covers. Are they sleeve covers with zippers, or stitched on seats? Is that a standard design? Looks very similar to the Jetta seat covers. Can you please share/PM the brand/ cost?

Many thanks
Thanks. Got the seat covers fitted here in Mumbai at Sainath Auto.

Here's a link to their shop:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ar-mumbai.html

The seat covers were stitched on. Choose out the design myself. They had different grades of art leather with them. I think I chose the second best quality. After discount, the whole thing cost me Rs. 7500.

Quite satisfied with their work as well. Hope this covers everything.
DWC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 16:18   #94
DWC
BHPian

So I decided to plasti-dip all the chrome bits in my car (again). This time I included the emblems as well as the chrome strip in the front. I also changed the number plate, car looks much better now IMO.

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-img_5627.jpg

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-img_5628.jpg

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-img_5629.jpg

In other news, I'm about a couple of weeks away from the 15k km mark and will be going in for my first service. I only hope they don't mess around with the dip and peel it off like they did at the free inspection. This was even after I told them to be careful and declined the free wash. They say curiosity kills the cat, but in this case it was me who died after getting my car back. Anyway, will post back here post the service.

I decided to try a DIY and built myself a sponge applicator using a drill bit. It came out well, but the results were far from desirable. I prefer to polish her by hand.

The car still runs like a dream and I still feel like taking her out for a spin all the time. I've still got the new car craze (even though she's nearing on 8 months now), and I love it.
DWC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 19:14   #95
BHPian

Err... I'm about 9 months late in congratulating you on acquiring this brilliant car. Pardon me
I really loved the work you've done on the rims and badges. Seeing that I have a Polo of the same colour, I'm thinking of doing exactly what you've done.
Could you pm me the cost of the anthracite spray cans? My uncle will be coming from the States in a few weeks and I will force him to bring along a few cans if the prices are lesser there.
Just another question. Have you used any glossifier over the 8 coats you have spray? Judging from the videos I've seen, it has quite a dramatic effect.
Lastly, do the rims survive manual washing with cloth?
Thanks.

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 5th May 2015 at 19:30.
Old 5th June 2015, 12:26   #96
BHPian

Quote:
So I finally received the two cans of Plasti Dip I had ordered a couple of months ago.
DWC those alloys look really sexy. I was looking around to paint OEM alloys of my white Punto. Seems like Plasti Dip will be a very good option. Where did you buy this from?
Old 5th June 2015, 23:39   #97
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
Could you pm me the cost of the anthracite spray cans? My uncle will be coming from the States in a few weeks and I will force him to bring along a few cans if the prices are lesser there.
Just another question. Have you used any glossifier over the 8 coats you have spray? Judging from the videos I've seen, it has quite a dramatic effect.
Lastly, do the rims survive manual washing with cloth?
Thanks.
The cans themselves cost around $10 each, add another $10 for shipping.
Have not used a glossifier, but i've heard great things about it, so may consider giving it a go! Would your uncle get a can for me also?

Make sure you get an extra can just for touch ups. Rims will survive, but don't be too rough on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
DWC those alloys look really sexy. I was looking around to paint OEM alloys of my white Punto. Seems like Plasti Dip will be a very good option. Where did you buy this from?
I ordered this from the US. Got a friend to send it across for me. There's a dealer in Mumbai also, just search the forum, he could hook you up.
Old 6th June 2015, 07:24   #98
BHPian

Thanks for the info sir!
Quote:
Have not used a glossifier, but i've heard great things about it, so may consider giving it a go! Would your uncle get a can for me also?
if your tone in the last sentence was serious, which I'm 97% sure about, we could most certainly get one for you also. Will you be touching Bangalore or even Chennai this month or the next? Handing the can to you would definitely be easier than shipping.

PS: Is there any hassle involved in flying with aerosol cans?

PPS: Does the dealer in Mumbai sell glossifier and all colours of Plasti dip? To buy on a regular basis, this seems to be a good option too.

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 6th June 2015 at 07:25.
Old 6th June 2015, 13:15   #99
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
Thanks for the info sir!

if your tone in the last sentence was serious, which I'm 97% sure about, we could most certainly get one for you also. Will you be touching Bangalore or even Chennai this month or the next? Handing the can to you would definitely be easier than shipping.

PS: Is there any hassle involved in flying with aerosol cans?

PPS: Does the dealer in Mumbai sell glossifier and all colours of Plasti dip? To buy on a regular basis, this seems to be a good option too.
Thank you, kind sir! As a matter of fact I'm driving down to Kodai from mumbai. Will pit stop in Bangalore on the 10th evening and head to Kodai 12th early morning. Will pit stop in Bangalore on the way back as well. That should be sometime mid month, haven't planned my return exactly. Will pay you for the can of course.

You will need to tell your uncle to check them into his main luggage, will not be a problem. Not allowed in hand luggage though.

I'm not sure about the glossifier to be honest, but as far I know he stocks basic colours, he didn't have the anthracite grey.
Old 19th July 2015, 09:29   #100
DWC
BHPian

So thanks to the generosity of a fellow Bhp-ian, we performed some tweaks to the car using the VCDS cable.

Changes made were:

1. Activation of Tear wipe feature.
2. Automatic activation of Rear wiper when front wiper is functional and the car is in reverse.
3. Increase the lane change indicator from 3 blinks to 5.
4. Indicator Celebration.
5. Activation of Emergency braking flashing light.

In other news, got my 1st service done a couple of months ago. Service was good, except for the following:

1. Dirty hand marks on the interior upholstery of my car
2. Rattle sound from the front bumper.
3. Error on the MID not fixed even after mentioning it to the service advisor specifically.

Going back next week to fix the rattle, which is literally driving me up the wall.
DWC is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks