Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2016, 09:41   #76
BHPian

re: A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!

Man you really know how to play with words. It is really entertaining to read your posts, please do keep them coming. The last pic is absolutely drool worthy. The Punto will always be a timeless beauty. It is Sad that Mumbai does not have a showroom to walk in and buy this car, my dad drives the older version at Nasik and I would anyday swipe my Ritz for Punto, but dad wont let it go.

Thank you for all that you share bro.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:01   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Man you really know how to play with words. It is really entertaining to read your posts, please do keep them coming. The last pic is absolutely drool worthy. The Punto will always be a timeless beauty. It is Sad that Mumbai does not have a showroom to walk in and buy this car, my dad drives the older version at Nasik and I would anyday swipe my Ritz for Punto, but dad wont let it go.

Thank you for all that you share bro.
wow, thanks for those nice words bro, they're encouraging The less said about FIAT India, the better; it'll turn into an endless rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Attachment 1481515

Which one looks better ? To me it's Punto, the hot Italian super model.

Source : Motorbeam.com
Although the Punto is a looker too in this case, I like the Merc for it's clean looks. I feel, with the Evo, the designers tried to woo the common public too by adding the chrome, bonnet bulge and more. But the real beauty of Punto lied in it's subtlety.
For eg: the Polo still continues that; adding in the features which the competition has and the number of new Polos on the roads are proof that people like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Superb narration rav11stars, you have way with words. The pics in the post have come equally great esp the parting shot.

So was the scratch attended to or left for another day?

Whatever the feline or the birds might want to say, but Red attracts more than the required.
Thank you for that Sir. I've left the scratch/dent as is. I've had the car detailed last month and the top one is faint now. I'm unsure if this dent can be treated locally or the whole door has to be painted.

On another note:
I'm too lazy to do any mods, but want to have a auto-dimming mirror and audi-like DRLs in the headlights
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. Update - 2nd service / 16000 km

The mango_man has throughly invoked the Fiat-patriotism in yours truly. Maybe I should shop reading reports of Punto ownership so that I can upgrade my existing car!

And yes, I have a 7 yr old Punto that refuses to breakdown, give problems and is never a nuisance. On the contrary it continues to broaden the grin I have on my face whenever I drive her.

PS- I'm visiting Pune next week sometime (weekday) to TD the Abarth and maybe find a worthy upgrade
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 21:10   #79

Re: 2nd SVC update : 16K Km : One year up

Mod note: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for a short reply, affects readability. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Here I am again : The lazy mango_man who joined an enthusiasts' forum, got addicted and bought a Punto. Wife says I've gone mad;
=====
The customary parting shot:

Attachment 1459667
Awesome rav11stars!
I just booked my Red hot babe this weekend and can't wait to touch and feel her

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th March 2016 at 21:43. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for a short reply, affects readability. Thanks
maninr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 18:31   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninr View Post
Mod note: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for a short reply, affects readability. Thanks.

Awesome rav11stars!
I just booked my Red hot babe this weekend and can't wait to touch and feel her

Hello, sounds great. I would be in the market soon but currently out of India and TBHP is the only way to have all current updates . Did you book the 75 or the 90 HP one ? Is there any discounts going on in Blore ? What is going to be the final OTR ?

TIA..
Old 9th March 2016, 22:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has the wheel arch covers or tried them?

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/wheel-arch...ons-punto.html
Saw this thread just now. Read the whole thing in one go. Very good narration; excellent photos, especially of scenery at your native place.

Regarding the wheel-arches: they are replacement parts. However, it's a good practice to check their condition, especially the right side one. A crack in it can cause you misery. The tip of the air-intake hose lies, inside the bonnet, close to this wheel arch protector. Mud or even dust can easily be sucked through a crack and soon you will need to spend top dollars to fix the engine. Seen this on many a car at the service centre.

One can check the condition of this protector when the wheels are removed at the wheel-alignment place.

Cheers.
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 22:26   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Hello, sounds great. I would be in the market soon but currently out of India and TBHP is the only way to have all current updates . Did you book the 75 or the 90 HP one ? Is there any discounts going on in Blore ? What is going to be the final OTR ?

TIA..
I have booked the 90 HP and the lag doesn't look as bad as I thought. OTR price is 9.05 lacs (Fiat Caffe) including a few accessories.
maninr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 15:28   #83
BHPian

Congrats on reaching 16k, Ravi. Keeping muchin' em!

Mine is about to touch 10k in 7 months of ownership. It has been a pleasure. The lag does get to you sometimes, but hey I ain't looking for street drags! The plum ride more than makes up for it.

Let's hope that FIAT India realizes the grave situation they are in and do something about it!
Ryuu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 17:21   #84
BHPian

dear friends ,
I own a punto mjd active 2010 model .I has clocked 129000 km .I planning to exchange the car for new punto sportsivo .Classic fiat in looking is quoting Rs 85100/- for the same and my car is getting the valuation of the rs 250000/-It means I will have pay around rs 600000/- for the new ride .
Please throw your comments on the proposition
regards
praveen singh
Old 29th July 2016, 19:13   #85
BHPian

Five months on and no update : It takes a lot to put up an ownership report; but to not properly update it, it takes an even more enormous amount of laxity.

Now that I've sort of apologized for the delay imagining people are eagerly waiting for this update as if they're waiting for the next season of GOT, let's get on with it. Unlike the GOT all you'll get to see is a Red Punto without cover: that is all

I've finally managed to get rid of those hideous plates.

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-tbhpupd1.jpg

From the last update, thankfully I didn't encounter any morons on cycles and so no more injuries. But I did see some guys on 4 wheelers who thought they're driving bikes, people on two wheelers who thought they're in a circus and people walking as if in a desert.

Some even looked like zombies because they didn't even wink an eyelid when the Pune cabbie came blaring with his double barrel horn behind him. Wonder why the cabbie flashed his headlights to a pedastrian! But that worked. He looked back, spat on the road, took a step aside and watched the cabbie go.

One year gone and it's time for a detailing session. I was planning to go to 3M, Baner when a friend in our TFI group mentioned about Car Culture. So I called up Harsh who runs it and had a chat. He's pretty enthusiastic and we rarely see people who're so passionate about what they do. He mentioned that the paint protection he's using will be Gyeon and that I have to leave the car overnight. I was not willing to part with the car saying I'll have to be there when it's being detailed.

However I did give it to him and went over the next day to check out how it's going. I should say the work was pretty decent. For exterior detailing and interior steam cleaning, I was charged 6k. Given the fact that the shine is not lost even now after 6 months, I'd rate it as good. The way the interior was cleaned was impressive. Thanks to the biege colour even a small spot was an eyesore.

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-ccl1.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-ccl2.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-ccl3.jpg

If at all anyone remembers, I was complaining that the AC is not cooling the entire cabin. I took it to SkyMoto and when they opened the cabin filter and removed the blower!

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-cabinfilter.jpg

I felt ashamed; It was as If I've stashed all that crap there and was blaming FIAT's climate control. I do not have a covered parking. But after I got the filter during the 2nd svc at Pandit, I started religiously covering the car all the time. The engineer had the answer. When the filter was replaced, they didn't clean the blower. So all of this was left from that time!

Thank you, let's test it now. The fan speed has increased considerably. It's the month of March and we were testing this in the afternoon. I wasn't still satisfied, but even after me insisting to check the refrigrant, the SA said it's all good. So I said I'll check and update again.

I began to bother everyone and envy every cab I sat in to and fro from office. The cabbies, unable to bear me said "Sir, TATA has very good AC. Don't compare it with FIAT. But Punto also has a good AC. You should get it checked" On a side-note an interesting jugaad. A cabbie did this after the window button came off.

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-jugaad.jpg

A friend finally had enough of my banter and said he'll take me to a friend of his who's an expert in automobile AC. Seeing the look on my face he said "Don't worry, he's an expert and usually works on Mercedes and Audis".

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-deepak_ac.jpg

we went there and he gave a thorough inspection. He checked the gas pressure and said there's a slight reduction in the pressure. He filled up the gas and checked again. He felt his hand on the piping coming out of the compressor and said it's more cooler now. To actually check we sat in the car and there was a visible difference.

But then I wanted him to check if the climate control is fine or not. He said automatic climate control systems are intelligent. There's no way he can check at the sensor level as it would take a lot of time.

So he checked to see if the compressor is being cut off automatically. So with a thermometer at the central vent, we sat. The temp went down gradually upto 5.5C and then felt the compressor shutting off. The temp gradually rose and at 7.5 to 8C it started again. So he concluded that it's being switched off and on properly.
He finally says the issue is resolved and I'm to come back to him after doing some real-world checks. So that's how it got sorted What I particularly liked is his technical prowness. From then on it's a pleasant winter in the cabin whenever the climate control is on at 23C

Ok, what should I do next? DIY, yippee!! Now don't assume that I'm going to cut holes in the roof for a sunroof; Nope, I'm not even going to change the IRVM to an auto-dimming one. I'll just replace the boot bulb with a LED and call it a DIY.

What I though is pretty straight-forward is actually isn't. I thought I was going to break the light cover off trying to open it. Probably to prevent rattling, the clamp was very tight. Here are some pics.

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-diy1.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-diy4.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-diy5.jpg

...and then came up the proposal of a FIAT meet in our WA group. I got to meet up with people whom I've known only as forum handles. I was thrilled to meet @Ghodlur in person. It's an honour Sir.

I apologize that I've not removed the numbers for some cars in the below pics. Let me know if you want any of them taken down

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-line3.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-line2.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-line5.jpg

Now for some tastefully restored beauties.

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-log.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-classic.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-orpal.jpg

Those cute little details

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-wing.jpg

An overdose of Red!!

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-red.jpg

and here's the whole lot!

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-wp_20160423_11_15_26_pro-3.jpg

This group is probably the best thing that happened to me in Pune.

Being a race that's becoming rare and close to extinction : No, I'm not referring to the human race. We never go extinct. We drive others to extinction.
I was referring to the FIAT owners. With the dwindling number of owners, new owners like me get the much needed support from the group. I'll be forever grateful to them.

We went to Bhigwan during the off-season. Thanks to us, humans, there's very less water in the lake and very few birds. So managed to capture this horse cooling off it's heels.

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-wp_20160501_10_56_43_pro-3.jpg

Some heavy showers and the customary monsoon trip. It was only a short drive to Varandha ghat.

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-img_1592.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-covpnt.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-img_1630.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-img_1654.jpg

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-camera360_2016_7_18_025955.jpg

I've been trying to put off this but can't really hide. Like most of the things in life, it came as a shocker to me. Who would've thought that a lazy unix guy working on remote consoles would a chance to cross oceans.

I didn't. But fate did.

It would seem silly If I told you that the first thought that came to my mind was "what about the Punto". I'm glad I didn't think loud. Wife's busy chopping vegetables and I know Cartini knives are sharp.

Then came the thought that I could send it off to my hometown and ask Dad to drive it once in a while. But then : I might like parrots; but I can't put them in a cage. That's cruel.

A Bird should fly and A Punto should be driven : Always .

Time's running out. So finally a deal was struck and it was given off yesterday. Another day, another lesson. I've become too attached to it, emotionally. I wanted to peel off the LTD sticker, but couldn't.

So told the new owner that it's not a simple sticker. It's a responsibility. Drive responsibly.

I'll surely miss my ride, Pune, the drives to my hometown and for the first time in 2 years, I'll be going home in a ride that I'm not driving. The Locomotive

I have no more words to write and things to share. Here's the customary parting shot.

A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold!-camera360_2016_6_12_085236.jpg
rav11stars is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 20:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:

This group is probably the best thing that happened to me in Pune.

Being a race that's becoming rare and close to extinction : No, I'm not referring to the human race. We never go extinct. We drive others to extinction.
I was referring to the FIAT owners. With the dwindling number of owners, new owners like me get the much needed support from the group. I'll be forever grateful to them.

I'll surely miss my ride, Pune, the drives to my hometown and for the first time in 2 years, I'll be going home in a ride that I'm not driving. The Locomotive

I have no more words to write and things to share. Here's the customary parting shot.
Thank you for your kind words and posting pics of my orange candy Ravi Sir. Hope you spent some happy times in Pune courtesy our TFI Pune WA group.

Also I'm really sorry to see your red babe finding a new home but I I'm equally excited as I'd get to drive your Maserati once you are back in India.

Regards,
Mahesh
Oranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 21:10   #87
BHPian

Ravi sir, what an amazing write up with stunning pictures. I could feel the emotions in the writing. It is very very difficult situation to part with the car that we care so much. I was in the same state as you 8 years back. But I let the heart took over my mind and kept the vehicle and I don't regret that decision today.

I am really happy and wish you good luck for your on-site assignments. But I am sad that we could meet only once.

Hope to see you in pune again with another wonderful car with another such soulful ownership 👍👍
mchanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 23:10   #88
BHPian

Congrats on the 16k milestone. I believe your experience has been mostly "rosy"..I drive the 90 HP variant and I've reached about 6k kms until now. My whole experience has been very pleasurable. Coming to the lag, It doesn't bother me in the least, the rule is to shift to 2nd as quickly as possible and you're good. Wish you to rack up many more safe and happy kms
Harsha89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 20:16   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I've been trying to put off this but can't really hide. Like most of the things in life, it came as a shocker to me. Who would've thought that a lazy unix guy working on remote consoles would a chance to cross oceans.

I didn't. But fate did.

It would seem silly If I told you that the first thought that came to my mind was "what about the Punto"

Attachment 1535315
Hey Ravi,

Glad to see your car touch 16k.

That's a good one about fate. I was in your shoes about 3 months ago. I had the exact same thoughts, and unlike you, I said it aloud. Unfortunately, I had no trusted driver friend here to give it to. Had to leave it unattended for 3 months. I asked my non driver friend to just start the car once in a while. After a while, I found my WA reminders to him start the car on every Saturday a little pestering. I asked him to disconnect the terminals and leave it be.

Back in Hyderabad after 3 months. I was nervous. But the car started just fine on the first crank. I was so depleted of driving in Europe that I drove 3000 KMS in 3 weeks

The ODO stands at 13.5. Everything's good, except the AC. I feel it only keeps me cool. Frankly, I have to go for a realty check with me sitting in the back.

Have a good trip and hope to see you rollin' soon!

Regards,
Ryu.
Old 1st August 2016, 07:44   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
Thank you for your kind words and posting pics of my orange candy Ravi Sir. Hope you spent some happy times in Pune courtesy our TFI Pune WA group.

Also I'm really sorry to see your red babe finding a new home but I I'm equally excited as I'd get to drive your Maserati once you are back in India.

Regards,
Mahesh
It's actually an honour posting pics of your ride. I was never an enthusiast to the core and it's only after meeting up with you guys, I came to know what "enthusiasm" is. Guys like you, Channa, MaheshS @funkykar and other tbhp members are an inspiration.

Although I felt I was being practical, I'll probably regret this decision for the rest of my life. As stupidly emotional it may sound to others, I'm happy that atleast I have a group who'd understand what it means to let go of her
If all turns good, who knows we might be driving a Maseratti. Nothing wrong in dreaming big

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post
I was in the same state as you 8 years back. But I let the heart took over my mind and kept the vehicle and I don't regret that decision today.
Thank you Sir. I know I've turned a deaf ear to what my heart was saying. This, probably is a lesson for the days to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
Hey Ravi,

Glad to see your car touch 16k.

That's a good one about fate. I was in your shoes about 3 months ago. I had the exact same thoughts, and unlike you, I said it aloud. Unfortunately, I had no trusted driver friend here to give it to. Had to leave it unattended for 3 months. I asked my non driver friend to just start the car once in a while. After a while, I found my WA reminders to him start the car on every Saturday a little pestering. I asked him to disconnect the terminals and leave it be.

Back in Hyderabad after 3 months. I was nervous. But the car started just fine on the first crank. I was so depleted of driving in Europe that I drove 3000 KMS in 3 weeks

The ODO stands at 13.5. Everything's good, except the AC. I feel it only keeps me cool. Frankly, I have to go for a realty check with me sitting in the back.

Have a good trip and hope to see you rollin' soon!

Regards,
Ryu.
That's how a FIAT drives! That eagerness to get onto the road is what I like the most. I'm really looking forward to get behind a wheel again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks