Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2014, 20:59   #31
BHPian

Re: Silver VW Jetta DSG Highline 2.0 TDI - Latest addition to our family

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
You'd have to get a VW MDI USB cable to use USB. I think Amar (Amarendranath) is contemplating getting a USB added below the central head unit, that's something else you can explore.
Ah! I actually don't miss the USB. Micro-SD works just fine.
Old 4th November 2014, 21:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.kushagra View Post
Does it work with Skoda Bolero HU(which is quite similar to RCD510 HU)?
If yes, kindly tell me the equipment and skill level needed to do the mod.
To be honest, I've not seen the innards of a Skoda enough to know for sure, but seeing the head unit, it does look similar to the RCD 510. It should work, but your best bet is to ask the experts.

Check it out on Vagtune, they'll be the best guys to advise you. If it is compatible, it's just plug and play. As simple as that. No expertise more than common sense will be required to "install" it.
Old 14th November 2014, 19:55   #33
BHPian

Guys,

Noticed something when I drove the car in the last few weeks.

A small "dab dab" sound keeps coming (not continuously) from the rear, its a subtle sound as if something is moving (like a spring) at the rear. Checked the spare tyre, jack and other accessories in the boot; everything is at its place. Didn't notice it until I stopped music in the car.

It doesn't come over humps or bad roads, but comes at slight acceleration (while starting) or while driving down a slope.

Any suggestions? Would it be related to suspension?

Last edited by abhilashgp : 14th November 2014 at 20:03.
Old 17th November 2014, 12:44   #34
BHPian

Problem got fixed.

Took the car to Mr Chethan at VW Whitefield.

They immediately opened the rear tire to check out the suspension springs and guess what? There was a bolt!! in the suspension assembly. Removed it and now the sound has gone.
abhilashgp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 20:13   #35
BHPian

Long long overview update

Current Status
KM reading : 26,000 kms
Longest Drive : 11 hours (Bangalore - Trivandrum, including 2 stops of 30 mins each)
Service History : 2nd service completed
Mods done : None
Body Treatment : CQuartz Finest by Mohsin, UD
Accidents : 1 minor

Feedback on the car
Positive
- Excellent handling and power, wonderful to drive on highways
- DSG makes life easy in city; I am not stressed after a long drive in Bangalore
- High fuel efficiency; City average : 12kmpl; Highways : 20 kmpl (as per Jetta's console readings on FE)
- Good dealer (VW Palace Cross) experience; "Extremely Satisfied"
Negative
- AC Compressor malfunctioned, had to be replaced under warranty (more details below)
- Rattle sounds from doors, needs fix during service
- Stiff suspension can be an issue on the poor quality Bangalore roads

Accident
- Car was hit by a 2-wheeler at low speed while being taken for servicing, car was driven by VW driver
- The bonnet had dents and a scratch. Slight damage to the chrome fittings
- Ali, Service Manager called me to inform of the accident and assured that all repairs & replacements will be done without cost
- Car was delivered in a few days, but I was not happy with the paint work; On further analysis, it turned out that they didn't have paint booth and dust settled on fresh paint leading to a bad finish.
- The car was taken again to Hessarghatta paint shop and an excellent paint job was done; This time the quality was top notch.
Suggestion : For body shop repairs, please give your car to the Hessarghatta workshop which has a paint booth while Rajajinagar is building it.

AC Compressor Issue
Problem Start Date : May 2016 (3 months ago)
Symptom : AC doesn't start immediately after starting the car. After starting the engine, there is a gap of 3 to 6 minutes before cold air starts blowing through the vents. During this time, there is a bad smell in the cabin.
Does it happen all the time? : No, it only happens when the car is parked for at least 10 hours
My research : I searched through forums and found that many Jettas in Germany had this problem few years back where the compressor valve malfunctioned. I sent these reports to dealer.
Challenge : Reproducing the issue was very hard, as once the AC starts working, the issue can't be reproduced until the car is switched off continuously for 10 hours.
Resolution : VW Rajajinagar acknowledged the issue. They initially tried fixing it by running diagnostic checks and reinstalling the software. However I was able to reproduce the issue again. Finally it was referred to VW, they agreed to replacing the full compressor and dryer under warranty. Its been around 4 weeks since replacement and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

Dealer
I had an excellent experience with VW Rajajinagar. I was referred there by Harsha (who ran VW Mysore previously and runs VW Goa now). The service manager Ali, is very soft spoken, well mannered, and most importantly responds to a phone call or text. Few areas I liked :
- They acknowledge when there is a problem, as opposed to saying that it is by design
- While most of the time when we have a problem, dealers pick up the car for inspection. Here at one point, Ali and master technician visited my home to see how I was reproducing the issue. I saw a genuine curiosity and zeal to solve the problem.
- Ali himself kept me updated (without the layer of a service advisor) on regular intervals
- Once VW approved a replacement, the car was with me post procurement and replacement in 4 days (part was couriered through air)
- Every time the car was taken for a repair, it was washed, cleaned and polished before delivery at no charge. I have seen a lot of dealers demanding extra money for this.
While the entire episode took around a month to resolve, I didn't get upset because of continuous updates and acknowledging the fact that most of the delay was due to processes and due diligence being enforced by VW

Will post pics soon.
abhilashgp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 19:41   #36
BHPian

Latest Pics

Silver VW Jetta DSG Highline 2.0 TDI - Latest addition to our family-img_2747.jpg

Silver VW Jetta DSG Highline 2.0 TDI - Latest addition to our family-img_2748.jpg
abhilashgp is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks