Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:41   #31
BHPian

Re: The Red Viper - My 2014 Honda CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1994 View Post
Hello hajaar!
Great colour on the CRV!
Well we are considering buying the same variant quiet soon, but the 2015 model has some updated features and no mechanical changes. Well we started inquiring about the car in Jaipur and none of the dealers have the car on display nor do they have a test drive vehicle. Although one dealer has agreed to show me the the last sold CRV. So lets see what happens...
How is the viper doing for you? Any mechanical or electronic problems? Whats the average service cost for the car. Any other pointers?
Thanks a lot
Hello CJ1994,
Did you buy the CR-V? If yes how is it behaving, I am looking to buy one and hence would appreciate any inputs from you. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
So far, I haven't had any problems with the car. One thing you will have to watch out for, that I didnt consider when making my purchase decision, is the amount of time it takes to source parts. I suggest getting a zero-dep insurance as the parts costs are quite high.

Also, since we are close to the release of new versions of SUVs (Fortuner, Endeavour etc.), I suggest waiting to test-drive/compare those before making your decision.

Hello Hajaar,
How is your Viper behaving, I had been waiting for the new Endeavour, but after looking at all the sales fiasco's I am focusing back on the CR-V, working in the oilfield and being able to use the vehicle only 6 months in a year, I have no problems with a petrol vehicle. Appreciate your input on the same. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th March 2016, 23:10   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshdamle View Post
Hello CJ1994,
Did you buy the CR-V? If yes how is it behaving, I am looking to buy one and hence would appreciate any inputs from you. Thanks in advance.
Hey Jayesh, I have a 1 year old 2.4 CRV. Do let me know if you have any questions regarding the car. What would you like to know ?
Old 14th March 2016, 17:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Hey Jayesh, I have a 1 year old 2.4 CRV. Do let me know if you have any questions regarding the car. What would you like to know ?
M00M - Can you please share your experience wrt mileage and maintenance costs for CRV? How does the AT box perform?
Old 16th March 2016, 00:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoul View Post
M00M - Can you please share your experience wrt mileage and maintenance costs for CRV? How does the AT box perform?
first year service was 2746/- including oil change.

AT is adequate although not as good as the ZF in the BMW.

I enjoy driving the CRV its stable, paddle shifters are convenient and car drives like a car.
Old 6th January 2017, 12:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I was surprised to see that we have only one ownership thread on the CRV

I think CRV is a beautiful car.

My question is for a preowned car
-Would it be worth while going in for an outlander at 8 lakhs
Or a 2014 CRV 2.4 at 16 lakhs?
-Is the fuel efficiency same for both the 2.4 litre engines?
-Fuel efficiency city?
Highway?
Mixed?

List of features is pretty much the same

Thanks!

Last edited by ecosport rules : 6th January 2017 at 12:30.
Old 8th November 2017, 09:10   #36
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Am looking to another SUV (used) to the garage. Would you suggest a 2014 X1 (updated with Servotronic) or 2014 CRV 2.4 AT?

I do need
1) good road presence,
2) good 0 to 60 and 20-60 times, (Santa Fe is the benchmark here)
3) Maintenance + fuel within 1 lakh per year while running 6k kms a year.(I know this is an exciting equation to solve)
4) Peace of mind

Obviously if you know anyone selling the above, please pass me their contact by @ gmail.com to my handle
Old 8th November 2017, 13:08   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
Hi Guys,

Am looking to another SUV (used) to the garage. Would you suggest a 2014 X1 (updated with Servotronic) or 2014 CRV 2.4 AT?

I do need
1) good road presence,
2) good 0 to 60 and 20-60 times, (Santa Fe is the benchmark here)
3) Maintenance + fuel within 1 lakh per year while running 6k kms a year.(I know this is an exciting equation to solve)
4) Peace of mind

Obviously if you know anyone selling the above, please pass me their contact by @ gmail.com to my handle
If you want peace of mind and low maintenance then its the CRV. if you want performance then x1.

If you want both then toyota fortuner used.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks