Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2014, 22:37   #16
BHPian

re: I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!

Rohan, can you confirm if your EX has the luggage restraint net in the third row floor? Has TML removed that from EX?
Old 13th November 2014, 23:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Rohan, can you confirm if your EX has the luggage restraint net in the third row floor? Has TML removed that from EX?
Sorry for interrupting but I think the luggage restraint was present only in the initial batches and has been removed subsequently. I bought mine Storme in 2014 Feb and didn't get that net despite buying the top of the line model.
kaymant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 08:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymant View Post
Sorry for interrupting but I think the luggage restraint was present only in the initial batches and has been removed subsequently. I bought mine Storme in 2014 Feb and didn't get that net despite buying the top of the line model.
Agree with kaymant, didn't get the luggage restraint net in my EX. You can buy an aftermarket accessory though for Rs. 600 ~ Rs. 1,000.
Old 14th November 2014, 09:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Rohan, I have used Sys-D earlier too, in my Tata cars (Turbo Diesel) & Ford Ikon (Common Rail), and hence familiar with the usage.................................. the Owner's manuals specifically say not to use the additives in the Common Rail engines.
I have tried using this with the cars I previously owned,
1. Tata Estate 1997 to 2002 Efficiency and performance increased
3. Esteem 2000-2005 (System G) Effeciency upto 18 km/Lit
3. Indica 2001-2005 Efficiency did increase.
4. Indigo 2003 -2006 Efficiency increased considerably more than 2 km/Lit
5. WagonR 2003- Still in use(System G) Engine is smoother though efficiency is same.
6. Tavera 2006-2011 No noticeable difference with and without.
7. Indica V2 2006-2012 negligible difference, but 3.3 Lakh km without a engine job.
8. Innova 2005-2008 Efficiency same but engine sounded softer.
9. Innova 2008-2012 Efficiency actually went down with System-D never used it after a initial few tries.
10. Polo Tdi 2012 still in use No noticeable difference
11. Ecosport AT 2014 (System G) Still running in so cannot comment.

With this experience i will suggest that do not try system D till you run in the engine at least 10-15,000 km, and then try to have a repeat run over a section with and without the additive, to gauge performance difference. Being a CRDi I do not expect a noticeable difference that the older IDI engines showed.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 12:12   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the wonderful purchase Rohan. I am having a great time with this machine and hope you do too. Enjoy!
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 13:28   #21
BHPian

Congrats buddy.

I can see you installed the HU from outside. Is that correct?
If aftermarket setup, was the install done from coupler to coupler? Means no wire cutting?
Old 17th November 2014, 11:49   #22
BHPian

1 Month 4 Days Ownership Update: 1st Service Done, 1 Small DIY & 3 Accessories

Hey Guys, got the first service done last to last weekend, i.e. 8th November. The issue of the noise coming at 1500 RPM has a a very surprising solution from the SA. The noise was coming from the plastic grill where the wipers are housed hitting the windscreen. :-|
The issue was immediately resolved apparently, with a little insulation being added, but this let to a whole new issue, this:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-1.-tass.jpg

The only upside to this was that the SA (Swapnil) was very prompt in understanding the concern & immediately got a person to start scrubbing the grease. 98% of it is gone, with only a minor amount still visible. I HATED the fact it came to begin with, but was happy with the SA & manager sorting the issue promptly.

A SMALL DIY, anti-slip mats for the Storme:
Got a roll of this type of mat for a housing store & cut in with the help of newspapers to get a shape idea(got the idea from the noodle mat DIY thread)
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-2.-tata-safari-storme-diy-mat.jpg
The result seems to look awesome:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-3.-tata-safari-storme-diy-mat.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-4.-tata-safari-storme-diy-mat.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-5.-tata-safari-storme-diy-mat.jpg

One(of the many) thing I felt missing from the Storme was a digital clock, so, a small aftermarket accessory:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-6.-tata-safari-storme-clock.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-7.-tata-safari-storme-clock.jpg

Same for sunglasses holder:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-8.-tata-safari-storme-sun-glasses.jpg
Been using this for a while now, very sturdy.

Also got a mobile phone air vent holder a few days back. Still have not used any navigation on it to confirm steadiness.
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-9.-tata-safari-storme-mobile-holder.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-10.-tata-safari-storme-mobile-holder.jpg

Price:-
Anti-Slip Mats: Rs. 200
Digital Clock: Rs. 197
Sunglasses Holder: Rs. 60
Mobile Holder: Rs. 141

TOTAL ACCESSORIES BATCH 1: Rs. 598

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Congrats buddy.

I can see you installed the HU from outside. Is that correct?
If aftermarket setup, was the install done from coupler to coupler? Means no wire cutting?
Thanks quadra, yes it's an aftermarket setup. To my knowledge, it didn't require any wire cutting.

Last edited by rohansachar : 17th November 2014 at 11:52.
Old 18th November 2014, 12:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Sunglasses Holder: Rs. 60
Sorry to divert your thread. I have just purchased a Honda City i-Dtec and looking for a suglasses holder for my Ray Ban Glasses. Can you confirm if the one you got is of good quality and will not damage the sunglasses? From where did you buy this?
Old 18th November 2014, 12:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Sorry to divert your thread. I have just purchased a Honda City i-Dtec and looking for a suglasses holder for my Ray Ban Glasses. Can you confirm if the one you got is of good quality and will not damage the sunglasses? From where did you buy this?
Hi jesrani, I'm using these since almost a month now. Good quality & they hold the glasses in proper grip without vibration. I ordered these online from AliExpress. Will PM you the link in a while.
rohansachar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 12:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rohan, Many congratulations for acquiring Tata Safari Storme. It is fantastic vehicle and you will enjoy the ride completely and would never feel the missing gadgets in your car. The feel you get when you press pedal is awesome, it will never be substituted by any gadgets.

I am driving Tata Safari for last four years and covered almost 3/4 th of India barring NE region. Everyday I enjoy this car and I look forward to drive because it is so much comfortable, great power in pedal & great suspension. Never had any issue as such with this car.

Also, I would strongly suggest never use System-D or any additives in your engine as it is not recommended. Just pour normal Diesel and you are good to go. I generally avoid over maintenance of my cars and follow the service book diligently for mainteance.

I get FE of 14.xx on 4 lane highway, 12.xx on 2 lane highway & 9.8 to 10.4 KMPL in city in very congested traffic situation.
anujmishra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 17:43   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on reclaiming your life @rohansachar and living many a people’s dream of owning the Storme. Wishing you many a happy, safe and niggle free miles with the beast.
luvtandon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 10:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Hi Rohan, Many congratulations for acquiring Tata Safari Storme. It is fantastic vehicle and you will enjoy the ride completely and would never feel the missing gadgets in your car. The feel you get when you press pedal is awesome, it will never be substituted by any gadgets.

I am driving Tata Safari for last four years and covered almost 3/4 th of India barring NE region. Everyday I enjoy this car and I look forward to drive because it is so much comfortable, great power in pedal & great suspension. Never had any issue as such with this car.

Also, I would strongly suggest never use System-D or any additives in your engine as it is not recommended. Just pour normal Diesel and you are good to go. I generally avoid over maintenance of my cars and follow the service book diligently for mainteance.

I get FE of 14.xx on 4 lane highway, 12.xx on 2 lane highway & 9.8 to 10.4 KMPL in city in very congested traffic situation.
Thanks a lot for your inputs anujmishra! Really great to hear your Safari experience.

With so many members suggesting against using System D, I know think even if the Tata SA tell me to, I might not. Have more confidence in Team-BHP members than TM SA's itself.
Old 19th November 2014, 10:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Rohansachar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Thanks a lot for your inputs anujmishra! Really great to hear your Safari experience.

With so many members suggesting against using System D, I know think even if the Tata SA tell me to, I might not. Have more confidence in Team-BHP members than TM SA's itself.
Well In my Safari user manual it is recommended towards end of the booklet.
I used System D several times and it is helpful in clearing injectors after dose of bad fuel.
Details are in 2.2 VTT Dicor Thread.
Old 12th January 2015, 12:45   #29
BHPian

Hi All,

Sorry, but haven't updated in a while.

The beast is performing magnificently. Have just made two small trips in the Storme, first being Lonavla & next being Pune. The Lonavla trip was specifically fun since it was raining in December! The beast was in it's true form & looked happy after the small trip:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-1.-first-trip.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-2.-first-trip.jpg

On the not to great note, there was also a small collision the beast encountered in the typical Mumbai traffic. A TaxiforSure cab driving wasn't paying attention while braking at a signal & hit the Storme behind(driver side).
While the Swift Dzire faced a lot of damage, NOTHING happened to the beast!!
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-3.-accident.jpg
The build quality of the Safari Storme is awesome!!

Coming to my next favorite bit, customizing my Safari.
This iteration, I had added the below to the Storme:
1. LIMITED EDITION Logo
2. Chrome Lining Strip(for Rear Fog Lamps & some parts of dashboard)
3. RS Logo (Rohan Sachar, NOT Rally Sport :-) )
4. W2C Stripes
5. Storage Pockets
6. Supercharged Logo
7. A new steering mobile holder
Packaged Accessories:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-4.-accessories.jpg

I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-5.-limited-1.jpg
The LIMITED Logo came with a neat stencil in a way to hold all the individual letters in a straight line. All the letters had 3M clue behind & have held on well now, for almost a month. Build quality is very nice.
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-6.-limited-2.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-7.-limited-3.jpg

The Chrome lining strip is a roll out 5M chrome lining with 3M adhesive two way tape behind. Like the original Chrome Garnish offered by Tata, I thought of replicating the same for the Rear Fog lamps:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-8.-chrome-1.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-9.-chrome-2.jpg

Tried to do the same for the entire interiors, including AC vents & overall dash, but the strip(being Chrome) it's flexible. In the end, settled for just minor touches:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-10.-chrome-3.jpg

Due to image limit of 10 per post, will continue in the next post.

Last edited by rohansachar : 12th January 2015 at 12:47.
rohansachar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 13:01   #30
BHPian

Continued..

Had got the W2C Stripes to be put on the doors outside in order to prevent scratches while opening the door, but realized after the accessory was delivered that the rear arch doesn't have enough space to put the strip. SO, creative use instead:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-1.-dash-1.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-2.-dash-2.jpg

Coming to the most awesome addition (IMO) to the Storme, the RS Logo.
The logo came with two nuts & a stopper to prevent the logo from getting loose.
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-3.-rs-1.jpg

It wasn't easy adding it, but basically for under the grill, I could slip my fingers to rotate the nuts. The end result was amazing!
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-4.-rs-2.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-5.-rs-3.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-6.-rs-4.jpg

Also for the side profile of the beast, I ordered a Supercharged logo:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-7.-supercharged.jpg

Now, coming to storage pockets, it's not that the Storme doesn't have enough, the problem is that it has TOO much space. Got these nets, just to keep the mobile & keys held in place:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-8.-net.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-9.-net.jpg

Last for the post, a new steering holder for the navigation:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-10.-steering-holder.jpg
Have used it at higher speed & it grips the phone perfectly! The major downside being you cannot see the speedometer beyond 100 KMPH & the RPM meter at all! But considering a rear use only for navigation, it's a perfect mobile holder.

MILEAGE UPDATE:
The current average mileage the beast has delivered is 9.6 KMPL. Although it has even peaked at 10.553 KMPL a couple of times. I'm expecting this to get better.

The beast has been driven only 3,000 KM in the last 3 months.

Consider the SOUL drive in south now in Jan end, I'm expecting to boost the Odometer to 4,500+.

Regards,
Rohan Sachar.

Mod Note: Post edited. Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th January 2015 at 15:10.
rohansachar is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks