Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2014, 09:56   #31
BHPian

re: Zed, my Red Tata Zest. EDIT: One year & 14,500 kms update

Congratulations!!! on your newly purchased Car Of The Year!

Very nicely written first review of the gorgeous compact sedan, and very nicely taken pictures.

Hope to see more reviews in future.

Wish you tonnes of safe and happy miles ahead!!!
Old 9th December 2014, 10:37   #32
BHPian

Congratulations arindam on your "laal gaadi". ZEST is a very capable product going by the reviews and feedback. No wonder you see so many of these on the roads these days. Having 3 modes in a car of this range is something phenomenal and I hope your love affair with TML becomes stronger with Zest.
Old 9th December 2014, 10:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Congratulations! Looks like the first owner-review of the Zest on TBHP, and a wonderful review at that. Beautiful snaps too. Wish you a happy experience with your Zest, and do keep us updated on your experiences with the car and Tata after-sales service.

PS. You're lucky to get one with the 8 spoke alloys. I prefer them over the 18 spoke ones, and don't know why Tata changed them. Should be available as an option at the very least.
VeluM Thanks a ton for your feedback! Credit for the quality of the thread goes to the TBH mods! They do a fabulous standard up keeping!

I actually requested for a 16 spoke with the Brake calipers painted in Red. I was interacting with a TML official and all was set! Then when the car was delivered at the dealer facility they told me they will be fitting and doing the customization! I refused to do any changes since my experience with out of factory tinkering has been bad in my last car! The dealer did a good job in fitting the seat cover! That took a while and is a laborious job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Arindam,

Car looks red hot. Congratulations on your new(another TATA) acquisition.
I notice Indigo Manza typed on your "Extended warranty invoice" instead of Zest . Hope you noticed it.
Thanks for summarising your first experience very nicely. Wish you many more happy miles!
Thanks a ton! You spotted it right! Yes they have not added the item description for Zest in the system! Also if you see the booklets do not have the Zest picture in it! Probably buyers now will start getting the updated booklets and descriptions! I'm not even getting a full matting for Zest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on the ZED-Z. A true blue Tata fan. Mr. Samba has done a great work with some of the pictures.

Those angel eyes look killer. Is the DRL not working as in the night pictures its not glowing, or I am guessing it can be switched off independently, which actually defeats its purpose.
Thanks motomaverick! Yes Samba is a dedicated photographer any day! The DRL glows only when the parking lights are off! Its a toggle between the angel rings and DRL! Actually the DRLS accumulated a lot of dust! Samba tried a lot to get a good shot but there was too much refraction due to the dust! So we dropped DRL shots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoorv agha View Post
Hi Arindam,

Congratulations on the red hot Zest. Happy to see a satisfied Tata customer, kudos to TML for their efforts in taking the brand name higher from the Indica phase. Keep updating the thread as this will help many of the potential Zest buyers to finally go for it. Enjoy driving your red hottie.
Thanks a ton Apoorv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Congratulations. Wish you miles of happiness filled with Zest

I have just voted for Zest to be the T-BHP Car of the year award. Really i have high hopes from this beauty
Thanks! Rajshenoy! Yes TML did half the thing right! The after sales needs a Zest finish too! Then only the circle will be complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Thanks for the review arindam, how is the interior space and ergonomics vs the Indica?
Welcome greenhorn! Interior space is better! Indica has been one of the spacious hatchback in it's segment! Zest I think improved a bit on that (though both are different segments, a comparison with Bolt will be fair)! The shoulder space has improved also the backseat leg space is adequate! Ergonomics is way improved! Zest is electronically far improved, but that risks reliability, which only time will tell ! The controls of those electronics are very well placed and falls into your habit real quick! The dashboard top is fairly useless (just for the sake of comparing to Indica/ Indigo). Its good looking but you can keep few papers at the max and nothing else! It has a contour which makes it very difficult to place idol show pieces, if one wants to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
Zest is a sedan and rear wash and wipe is not provided in sedans.
Congratulations for your car and happy mile munching. I too fell in love with the Zest when i took it for a test drive.
Thanks a ton Arkesh!
Good know fact Arkesh! But any logical reason why a sedan will not have a rear wash n wipe? Or is just by choice from the manufacturers, due to difficulty in design! What I noticed is the way Zest boot lid is designed its difficult to just plunk in a rear wash n wipe even if customer feedback is to include one! I think TML just completely ruled it out as you said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ASG View Post
Beautifully narrated review, Wishing you many more miles behind the wheels. One quick question,Is it possible to add Camera to the Harman audio system?
Thanks so much Mr.ASG! The review is completely inspired by the TBH mods and the standard they maintain! Zest satisfaction also played a part in that!
TML has a listed accessory with camera! I think it will not be integrated to the Harman system rather it will be on the rear view mirror (the one supplied with the kit)! But I'll need to confirm on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Arindam,
Congrats, she looks hot in red! I too have owned 3 different iterations of the Indica in the past and I am happy to see Tata have upped their game. Enjoy many miles and memories!

DRL's usually go off when lights are switched on.
Thanks Viper_711 I was actually a little confused with the color! My son chose Red! Red is not one of the high selling colors I think it's mostly the blue one! When I saw the the car in show room I was surprised by the stunning looks of it! Quality of color is also very good! Indeed Viper_711 my Indica was really doing good by it's standard!
Exactly DRL toggles with the lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbhp View Post
Congratulations, Arindam . The Zed looks great. Hope she serves you well for many many kilometres to come. Many people have a prejudice against cars from TML. I have owned an Indica and she gave me joy for almost 5 years. Had to upgrade to a sedan from another manufacturer as the family was getting bigger but I had absolutely no regrets with my old faithful Indica.

I really hope the Zest and the Bolt turn things around for Tata. They deserve it.

I believe the petrol comes with 8 spoke alloys while the diesel comes with 16 spoke alloys. This to the only visible differentiation on the exterior (other than the badging).
Thanks Marsbhp! Yes TML did a good job but, all so far! Think the harder part is still in the making! Dealer and Service network! This car is really sophisticated! I'll not expect a low standard mechanic doing road side standard repair on this with dirty hands! Also, dealer experience needs improvement its not the same across dealers yet! Half of the staff used by dealers are not fit for the role! They are not even educated about the car! It will ruin the car! I'm waiting for first service will post when I face it!

I requested for a 16 Spoke but they were about to change the alloys at the dealer! I did not want to open up the factory setup! So went back on it! Now I think TML is giving 16 Spoke across petrol or diesel in Zest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
A great review Arindam da. The Zest looks much more smashing in real than the pics. This is certainly one of the most VFM cars available at this moment. Looks great, ravishing interiors backed up with two great engines and extremely good mileage. Tata after sales service has improved a lot too. Plus the new Tata cars are more or less niggle free and at par with the competition in regards to reliability. What more does one need for a car! I was really impressed with your red beauty. After this trip i recommended this car to one of my close friend too. He was looking for a petrol car with in 7 lakhs.

That was my pleasure. Sadly i could not do full justice to this beautiful looking car due lack of light. But will definitely love to shoot this beauty once again some other day.
Thanks Sambo! The pleasure was all mine and Zed's! I think the car enjoyed it too! Tata service is improving but they still have a long long way to go! Just about 3 months roughly before the launch of Zest I was really getting frustrated! TML went through their worst phase at least in Kolkata! RD Motors closed down their workshops and showrooms! They took Hyundai dealership! RD and Lexus used to be one of the biggest dealers of Tata cars probably after KB Motors in Kolkata! I got my Indica from RD Motors! TC Motors is coming up with a service facility behind Airport, will be functional around end of Jan 15, so hope fully things will improve! The ASPs are yet to be trained and up-scaled with infrastructure and Parts Supply for dealing with Zest and Bolt, they are very disappointed, about not receiving training on Zest (interacted with Arjun Automobile an ASP in Kolkata, Nagerbazar area) ! But the Vibes are positive Samba that's true!
I think the photographs are looking very natural! Shooting with scanty light with all that dust was a big challenge! Many thanks again buddy!

Current ODO... got this mileage figure on my way to office around 10:30 AM Airport to Rajarhat area! For all who do not know the area it's a fairly dense traffic for about 5-6 Kms approx and then on open roads full of vehicle at this hour! One can maintain around 70Kms at times for a few Kms but not always! Some constructions (for Metro) and thus narrow roads hear and there! Total distance around 16 Kms ECO mode with no AC!

Zed, my Red Tata Zest. EDIT: 20 months & 25,000 kms update-dsc_0949.jpg
arindam_xeta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 11:51   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. Good to know there are people who like for the truly Indian car and are willing to step away from the traditionally preferred brands.

I hope Tata finds success with its new models, they look good and have new technology, but time will tell if they have overcome their niggles.
Old 9th December 2014, 12:12   #35
BHPian

Thank you so much for posting such an excellent review. Please keep updating it as you drive your red beauty further. Congratulations on your new acquisition. I myself drove an Indica Vista for about a year after I moved back to India and I loved that car.

A question regarding the extended warranty and AMC: you paid around 16k for this. Isn't a silver plan available for free for 3 years with the Zest and doesn't the Zest come with a 3 year warranty for free?
Old 9th December 2014, 12:49   #36

Wishing you many, many happy miles with your newly acquired beauty. She is surely a head turner. I can relate to that as I have personally test driven Zest. Surely there is a room for improvement but its a giant leap for Tata to have designed and produce a car that looks and feels European.
Old 9th December 2014, 13:02   #37
D C
BHPian

Congratulations on the ZED, Arindam! Thanks for taking time to share a detailed review. Wish you may more happy miles with your new ride.

I liked the interiors pretty much. Perhaps, the best interiors of any Tata, IMO. The seat covers add to the charm, nice choice!

DC
Old 9th December 2014, 13:03   #38
BHPian

Congrats Arindam, on your new baby. Even though I had read gushing review of Zest on team-bhp, I had forgotten just what all Tata has equipped the car with. Corona rings in this segment ! Very cool. Also, your focus and comfort with ride quality is re-assuring about the product.

p.s. Your timely review, coinciding with initiation of T-BHP Car of the Year Poll, alone must have swung 10 votes in favour of Zest

p.p.s. Your Xeta looked in absolutely mint condition in that pic. Well done !
Old 9th December 2014, 13:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
My relation with Tata Motors

Attachment 1315850
Congrats on the new ride! It looks stunning in red colour. I was eagerly waiting for the first Zest owner review and it looks the car has met if not exceeded your expectations. Just curious about your last pic, were you driving without the number plate or took it off just for the picture? happy motoring!
Old 9th December 2014, 14:17   #40
BHPian

Congratulations Arindam....

Finally a well deserved first ownership report on the forum for a deserved car.

It took lot of waiting, but the wait paid off with your well articulated ownership report.

Looks like the revotron is an engine for mileage. I read in some other websites as well that petrol Zest is giving ARAI + mileage (18.x).

ZED looks really stunning. I had watched one red Zest on road and it looks very good. The paint quality on Zest seems to be lot better than other cars that we are seeing around.

Happy Miles crunching Arindam and Thanks once again for sharing your thoughts.
Old 9th December 2014, 15:28   #41
BHPian

Congrats on buying the Zest - Arindam. I think you have made a good choice. Reading about zest in all the reviews on team bhp and elsewhere, I myself am loving this new vehicle. The same is being considered by a dear friend and am helping her come out of the negative Tata after sales fear that most of the people have since I honestly feel that its is just a perception now and not a reality.
Also, must say that Friends have done justice to the pictures. I only wish there were more.
Old 9th December 2014, 17:53   #42
BHPian

Quote:
The warranty is for 3 years or 36K KMS, I did not find this 36K clause to be very logical, probably I'm missing something.
Are you sure it is 36,000 KMs??

We booked a Zest Revotron XT and I remember the SE telling me that the warranty is for 3 years or 45,000 KMs. Any thing to do with the dealerships??
Old 9th December 2014, 18:07   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

@Arindam, Congrats on the new Zest ! Wishing you a long happy ownership of the car.

A nicely written review too. Can feel the happiness & excitement there :-)
Old 9th December 2014, 19:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VeluM Thanks a ton for your feedback! Credit for the quality of the thread goes to the TBH mods! They do a fabulous standard up keeping!
An excellent review indeed! I was considering the Bolt, as a beater (LOL!) car.

: Could you refrain from using the exclaimation marks, so much? Hardly any full stops, can be seen.

You really need to improve on punctuations, don't you?
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 19:49   #45
BHPian

Much awaited and thanks for the detailed review. If I'm not wrong, this is the first Zest ownership thread on tbhp. Do post updates as you go along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
: Could you refrain from using the exclaimation marks, so much? Hardly any full stops, can be seen.

You really need to improve on punctuations, don't you?
I thought the days when people used to care for such things were long gone... Though not far from it, nice to know that breed isn't totally extinct

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks