Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2014, 04:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My new affair: Flash red VW Polo GT TSI

Hi there namesake, that's a mighty nice car that you've upgraded to. Almost makes me jealous. Keep a watchful eye on her. I might just walk up one day and claim it when you're not watching
Old 24th January 2015, 12:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
One thing I missed out mentioning, and one that I'm going to miss sorely is the absence of launch control in this 7-speed DSG gearbox. The reason is it's dry clutch gearbox - better for environment, better technology, but no good for cheap thrills.

On another note, I just did a 4km drive in 40 minutes (thanks, but no thanks, Delhi traffic ). Didn't even want to look at average speed display. Experiences like this in Delhi traffic anger me and make me want to chuck everything and retire and live with my car in the peaceful, serene and calmer environs of JP Sports city, where both Agra and BIC are a short run away.

For the first few days when I was cradling her the OEM seemed fine, but a couple of hard cornering made me feel that 185 tyres are inadequate for grip at moderately higher speeds. I'd advise you to do some hard corners with stock tyres (keep tyre mileage low) and if you're unhappy, then upgrade. Who knows OEM ones might feel adequate to you.
Need to read up on launch control!

We got the car home in the first week of January. The Delhi traffic does nothing to assuage the emptiness of your wallet, in fact it instills doubts about your sanity in plonking so much money in this car which is afterall-a-hatch.

Have driven about 300 odd km and yesterday a sedate drive from Noida late in the night saw my MID touch 19.1 kmpl. It's just meant to be a highway car, period.
Old 26th January 2015, 16:01   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on the new TSI! I have a grey one & I had a smile plastered across my face while reading your review. It is bang-on word for word! I was reading somewhere that the new cars do not require a run-in. I'm not sure if this is true but I am driving it carefully to be safe. Driven almost 1000+ kms in 1.5 months. There was this one time I just couldn't resist & put it in S mode on the Worli sealink & through reclamation. After that, I thought I should ease off & let her run-in. So hopefully she should be good to rip in a few days

PS: Also read this if you haven't already. It's a good read especially for TSI owners.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...iu3juIxioHXm9A

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th January 2015 at 06:41.
Old 26th January 2015, 19:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
Need to read up on launch control!
Have driven about 300 odd km and yesterday a sedate drive from Noida late in the night saw my MID touch 19.1 kmpl. It's just meant to be a highway car, period.
Congratulations man! Are you on Whatsapp GT TSI group? Launch control is not available in dry clutch 7-speed DSG that we get. You're right on this being a highway (loving) car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ankit View Post
Congratulations on the new TSI! I have a grey one & I had a smile plastered across my face while reading your review.
I was reading somewhere that the new cars do not require a run-in. I'm not sure if this is true but I am driving it carefully to be safe.
Congratulations Ankit! Are you on the Whatsapp group? The user manual clearly mentions running-in on page 250 or 252 IIRC, for the first 1,000 km. I also drove carefully during run-in, but did have my share of fun even then (a little bit of pushing should be fine IMO). You are right on cooling off engine after a hard run, I've made this a habit now (VW manual says 2 minutes of cooling after a hard run, it's another matter that we don't frequently have hard runs in Delhi traffic).

Btw, I completed 3,000 km today..and loving my car more than ever!

Last edited by greenh0rn : 26th January 2015 at 19:04. Reason: Completed the response
Old 26th January 2015, 19:05   #20
BHPian

Nope. I'm not on the whatsapp group. I'm new here. 3k so soon? That's awesome. Let her rip!
Old 26th January 2015, 23:20   #21
BHPian

Now that I drive the TSI, I can see how rare a car this one is. Infact the other day, when I was showing my car (off) I couldn't find 'Polo' written anywhere. :-)

Haven't heard of this Whatsapp group.
Old 14th April 2015, 12:57   #22
BHPian

I have booked a white Polo GT TSI from Downtown VW, Mumbai and expect delivery in some time. I propose to do the following as of now:-
1. Centre arm rest from JJ or Vagune with cupholders
2. Rear view mirror with dimming
3. Genuine leather seat covers with red stitching(Orchis or Stanley)
4. Tyres to 195 profile (Michelin or Yokohama)

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2015 at 10:33. Reason: Strictly no shortforms, and no public sharing of phone numbers either
contangoback is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th April 2015, 15:27   #23
BHPian

I have a red GT TSI bought this January.

I have written and revised the ownership thread many times but the mods still dont approve. They want me to add more details. So I guess that is going to take some time. :P

As far as the armrest go, I bought the car from Downtown, Prabhadevi and they flatly refused armrest for GT TSI. So I couldn't get one.

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2015 at 10:33.
Old 15th April 2015, 12:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ish View Post

I have written and revised the ownership thread many times but the mods still dont approve. They want me to add more details. So I guess that is going to take some time. :P

As far as the armrest go, I bought the car from Downtown, Prabhadevi and they flatly refused armrest for GT TSI. So I couldn't get one.
Armrest is an aftermarket accessory, the workshop wont fit it. There is a dedicated thread to this. That should help you.
Old 15th April 2015, 13:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Armrest is an aftermarket accessory, the workshop wont fit it. There is a dedicated thread to this. That should help you.
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. They offered me a lot of aftermarket products from their catalogue like blackening of roof, etc. When I asked about armrest they said they used to provide that but now stopped.

I guess I will get it fixed soon. I am also thinking of getting RCD 520 and a rear camera fitted.
Old 15th April 2015, 14:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ish View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post

There is a dedicated thread to this. That should help you.
Hey #ish, congrats on your pick and welcome to the GT club.

Just ensure you get all possible updates and details onto your ownership review and the mods will eventually move it out of the assembly line.

And as amanomics has pointed out, Armrest is an after market accessory for Polo.

One of our bhpians Gannu has posted a brilliant thread on installing the same here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-armrest.html

Last edited by Vik0728 : 15th April 2015 at 14:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks