Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2015, 12:26   #46
BHPian

Re: Argento - Hyundai Elite i20 CRDI Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Hey guys, just noticed a defect in the Elite i20 Asta crdi. Want to confirm if its a manufacturing defect or just a fault in my car. There is a slope on the entrance of my apartment, suppose I am at a speed of 40-50 kmph and then push brake lightly and take left while climbing the slope. There is tuk tuk sound that I hear as if something is getting touched to the disc brake. Yesterday I got my first service done and I showed to it Hyundai A.S.S. guys, they said its normal and they have heard about it from 2-3 other owners but its normal and there is nothing to worry. Please let me know if anyone has heard about this or may be other owners can throw some light by trying it on their cars. Thanks
I too have faced the same issue. This happens to me mostly if I have pressed the brake pedal hard and try to steer into left direction. The issue seemed to be prominent if I was on loose gravel or irregular patches of the road. Checked with the service center here, they have no clue. Has decided to ignore the issue for now and wait. Hopefully its nothing.
Old 11th February 2015, 13:16   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
I too have faced the same issue. This happens to me mostly if I have pressed the brake pedal hard and try to steer into left direction. The issue seemed to be prominent if I was on loose gravel or irregular patches of the road. Checked with the service center here, they have no clue. Has decided to ignore the issue for now and wait. Hopefully its nothing.
I went to the service center and they told me its the ABS because on loose gravel or irregular surface, it kicks in faster. I checked the same thing on another car at the service center and it was there. So i think, there's nothing to worry as of now, till we hear about a recall from Hyundai.
Old 17th April 2015, 16:25   #48
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2015 at 11:08.
ANewExperience is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd May 2015, 15:12   #49
BHPian

Congratulations Dada on a fantastic choice of car and colour.
Hyundai has come a long way from its Santro/Accent days and it shows in each offering of theirs.Have they discontinued the Sunroof option from their Asta offering?

but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

3. 2006 Sonata Embera (43k kms on the clock, asking price 3.75L) - I almost, almost bought this car!
When I found the car it was unsold at the dealer for over 2 months. Took a TD, it felt like a new car. Did see a lot of cheap bits from lesser Hyundai cars (like the climate control system was the same as my 2008 Verna) but overall the car felt like a plush cruise liner. It was also half of my budget, so I could spend the other half on spare parts. Or accessories!

Next morning, I called up the dealer to confirm purchase. Heard that someone had come that very morning, paid cash down and taken delivery!
Sonatas are actually quite competent vehicles.I currently drive a Sonata Transform CRDi(which is a serious level up from the Embera) and am I impressed with the overall value propositon it offers.That said, an 8-9 year old Sonata could be hiding potential expenses that these cars require in the later stages of their life-cycle no matter how much they've been babied. Given your needs it would also be impractical as the sheer size means its cumbersome to drive within the city.

Last edited by octane1002 : 3rd May 2015 at 15:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks