Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2015, 23:35   #16
BHPian

re: Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!

Congratulations on your purchase SChoudhury! That is a awesome car, and it's a looker.

As some have mentioned, don't worry about the jerkiness while shifting gears: I don't remember my Vento 1.6 TDI ever having it, but I'm guessing it's a technique thing, because I noticed that jerkiness when a friend was trying out my car.

About VW service, I've had the car for 3 years, and what you need to understand is that the service stations are scared to death of VW. So, be polite, but if you're ever even slightly unhappy, firmly bring it up and, escalate to the service manager. You will be surprised at the length they will go to make you happy. Apparently, they get killed if they don't get an excellent service rating from customers, for every visit, so they really make an effort to ensure you're delighted.

I know a lot of people crib about VW service - and I've had my issues with the car, so have had interactions beyond the regular service - but at least for me, the service has always been a delight.

A quick question: those MOMO Revenge wheels are a looker! How much were you quoted for those in 16"? Any clue how much they cost in 17". I'm seriously contemplating going in for those. Nothing like a fresh set of wheels to make the car new again
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 11:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
So finally after 3 days,
wires got damaged when Satya's boys drilled their tool into the body of the car for completing the connection of the amp
This just reaffirms my strong belief that the best way to get any feature (audio, security or other) is to get it from factory.

From the pictures, it looks like a real sloppy job. Bless your stars the amp monkey did not end up drilling into some critical wiring/component. It also looks like you have metal open to corrosion. Please get the exposed parts treated asap.

This thread has info on how to ensure the metal stays protected after exposure from drilling.

Trust the improvement in audio quality will make up for the pain.

Happy motoring and do update the thread as you go along.
isiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 12:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
A big THANKS to the MODS for providing valuable inputs while the thread was in assembly line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Those rims with a glossy black roof will make your GT a killer bro.
Gloss black roof is on the cards for sure. But not sure about 16" though, i might get the stock alloys painted black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmridul View Post
congratulations on your new ride

in all likelihood i will be taking delivery of my white gt tdi today evening
Congrats, ya group for GT Tdi owner in whatsapp would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Congrats on the purchase. Its a wonderful car for enjoying the open roads and curves. I too am the happy owner of a 1.6 GT TDI and would be happy to connect for regular drives.
Yup, do keep an eye on the t-bhp meet section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Congrats on the car. Do you live in HSR? I think I saw you in 3M on Monday(9th FEB).
Yes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
So this is how it works, when you connect you phone via Bluetooth but your playing music from your USB. The phone thinks it's connected to an audio system and hence no sound is outputted from the phone speaker. Try changing the source to BT audio. You will be able to hear the navigation.
You can only redial from HU. For making the call either you have to use voice or use the phone directly.
I am able to get the navigation through phone speakers, but not from the car speakers. Anyways, i am using my Jabra Freeway for navigation purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations on your new car Schoudhary!

The one thing which shines from your writing (more than your car) is your patience in dealing with rude people. The way you dealt with that Satya character is commendable! I am sure I would have kicked the guy and would never have gone to his shop again.

Cheers, enjoy your car and do drive safe!
Ya, i was really upset about the whole thing. I really didn't expect this from Satya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Congrats and welcome to the club.

Its a GT thing.
Absolutely
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Suggestion, please get rid of the sticker on the fuel lid. If you need one, pick one from Shell bunk, that looks simple and classy.
Yes, i will remove that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congratulations on the hot new car dada. She looks fab. You're so smitten with those blacked out headlights right? Now only if they'd come with a dual projector setup *wink* *wink*.
Thank you sir, yes i do plan to get projectors some time later.
Quote:
I'm sure he wore his red tee to go with your red GT.
He was more excited then me .
Quote:
So did you get any protection or treatment from 3M?
Yup, got the paint sealant done.

Quote:
Sad to read about your issue with the audio install.
The most disappointing part, Satya is considered one of the best when it come to ICE install here in bangalore, but still i had to go through all these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
It's the same in Punto as well. Somebody in some other forum was blaming the timing chain.
Oh is it. I think i will get it right after some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
The red GT looks awesome. I saw one today while going to office. The black spoiler looks good on a Red GT. I guess the red color of GT is different than the red that was available on earlier Polo.
Ya, surely it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Congratulations Supriyo !! So finally the GT is here; hope to see it soon in front of MK Retail

A friend of mine told about an unpleasant experience with Sathya/his team few weeks back. Please update your feedback in the directory section as well, so that people looking for feedback about evo gets the right picture.
You are still in hsr, i thought you already moved in to your new flat.
I will update that thread also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Congratulations on your purchase SChoudhury!
Thank you
Quote:
A quick question: those MOMO Revenge wheels are a looker! How much were you quoted for those in 16"? Any clue how much they cost in 17". I'm seriously contemplating going in for those. Nothing like a fresh set of wheels to make the car new again
I was getting them for 32k, set of four. Are you looking for 17" for a polo, i think the ride quality will really go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Please get the exposed parts treated asap.

This thread has info on how to ensure the metal stays protected after exposure from drilling.

Trust the improvement in audio quality will make up for the pain.

Happy motoring and do update the thread as you go along.
Thanks, i will surely get that done. But i am still not happy with audio quality
Old 14th February 2015, 13:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:

I was getting them for 32k, set of four. Are you looking for 17" for a polo, i think the ride quality will really go down.
Thanks! Was considering these for my Vento. Do you think 17" would be too much? I was considering 205/45 R17, which is barely 2.2% off from the stock wheels, and gives me a 9.2 cm side profile, which I thought should be not too uncomfortable. Any thoughts, personal experiences?
Old 14th February 2015, 13:23   #20
BANNED

If you have an iPhone, atfuc only outputs via the phone speakers.
No BT no USB no Aux.
Pain in the rear to use that with audio.
Old 14th February 2015, 16:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Was considering these for my Vento. Do you think 17" would be too much? I was considering 205/45 R17, which is barely 2.2% off from the stock wheels, and gives me a 9.2 cm side profile, which I thought should be not too uncomfortable. Any thoughts, personal experiences?
Prashant aka speedkills had these on this Polo 1.6 and he was of the opinion that you have to very careful with these and the ride also gets very stiff.

I guess 16" should be perfect. But for looks, 17" will be killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
If you have an iPhone, atfuc only outputs via the phone speakers.
No BT no USB no Aux.
Pain in the rear to use that with audio.
I tried my 4s and the damn thing didn't even connect via bluetooth.
Old 15th February 2015, 10:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, ya group for GT Tdi owner in whatsapp would be nice.
I did get my GT that night, at 11:35pm.

I will start a GT TDi whatsapp group. You can PM me your number so that I can add you.
Old 15th February 2015, 11:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmridul View Post
I did get my GT that night, at 11:35pm.

I will start a GT TDi whatsapp group. You can PM me your number so that I can add you.
You took the delivery of the car so late in the day ? Hope you have done a proper pdi before bringing the GT home.
Do start a ownership thread after sometime , but for the time being some pictures will do
Yup, will pm you my contact #.

Cheers
Old 15th February 2015, 12:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
You took the delivery of the car so late in the day ? Hope you have done a proper pdi before bringing the GT home.
Do start a ownership thread after sometime , but for the time being some pictures will do
Yup, will pm you my contact #.

Cheers
I took delivery very late because of two reasons:
1) family thought saturday is an inauspicious day
2) more importantly, i really wanted to drive to lonavala on saturday morning for a trip, which ended up getting cancelled :'(

I din't do a complete PDI, but ran through all the major headers. Was less worried, since i had done a full pdi at the dockyard a couple of days earlier

As far as the log goes, unlikely that i will start one anytime soon. ill probably just post in the gt tdi master thread we have.
Old 15th February 2015, 18:45   #25
Team-BHP Support

Many congrats Supriyo!

The Flash Red is a real nice color for the Polo and I happened to see one (another GT) up close, last week. See if you can get the roof wrapped in black. Looks killer IMO. Btw, I echo Vikram's thoughts on those chrome handle addons.

Happy and safe motoring brother!
Old 15th February 2015, 19:01   #26
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs SChoudhury. Though, I suspect the discomfort could equally be due to the kind of tyre - say, something more biased towards performance, and hence low on comfort. Yesterday I was in a friend's BMW, and it struck me that all these so called luxury cars come with tyres whose sidewall height is in fact lower than what what "speedkills" 16" or my potential 17" would have. Yet discomfort is never something we associate with them. Of course, there are a lot more factors at play there, but my point is, that maybe we should question both our definition of low profile, and the automatic association of low profile with discomfort.

Think I need to read up more on this, and maybe open a separate thread
Old 15th February 2015, 21:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Many congrats Supriyo!

The Flash Red is a real nice color for the Polo and I happened to see one (another GT) up close, last week. See if you can get the roof wrapped in black. Looks killer IMO.
Thanks Ganesh . I went to get the gloss black wrap for the roof, but it turned out the sticker guy order a dull black, so could not get that done. But it will be done for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Btw, I echo Vikram's thoughts on those chrome handle addons.
Those were just to add a little bit more to the chrome overdose which VW have provided to the Polo .

I am just waiting for these to be delivered.
Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-vwlogo.jpg

All the chrome from the car will be gone

So planning to do something like this

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-vw-rear.jpg

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-vw-front.jpg

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs SChoudhury. Though, I suspect the discomfort could equally be due to the kind of tyre - say, something more biased towards performance, and hence low on comfort.
Indian road are surely not for 40-45 profile tires . Specially if you do highways.

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 15th February 2015 at 21:09.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 00:56   #28
BHPian

Congrats on the new car

I still remember the ritz's led lights being really easy to identify on the Kurnool drive!

In the rapid, I found that a more aggressive clutch release action resulted in less of a jerk when shifting quickly.

Also get the engine mounts checked once, they can re-torque the one on the top left of the engine, that should help a lot with the jerking.

cheers,
Old 16th February 2015, 01:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Congrats on the new car

I still remember the ritz's led lights being really easy to identify on the Kurnool drive!

In the rapid, I found that a more aggressive clutch release action resulted in less of a jerk when shifting quickly.

Also get the engine mounts checked once, they can re-torque the one on the top left of the engine, that should help a lot with the jerking.

cheers,
Thanks Jayanth :-), will get it checked.

Last edited by Schoudhury : 16th February 2015 at 01:26.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 01:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. The red color really sets off the black spoiler and the rear view mirrors.

One feature that I miss on my GT is the dual beam headlamps as the single beam one on mine have inadequate lighting.

Quote:
I was really confused what to do, as i was not very keen on Yoko S drives.
Did you have a previous bad experience with the Yokos. I have completed around 20K on my 205/55 R15 Yokos and quite satisfied. The ES100s that I used on my Swift were pretty prone to punctures but these seem pretty good in that depatment. Good grip and great braking feel.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks