Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 07:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Fantastic looking car there Schoudhury and nice mods especially the glossy black roof.

I see you had some issues w.r.t the VW logo fitting etc. I would rather suggest you try PlastiDip on your OEM logos and badging at the rear. PlastiDip looks fantastic, is easy DIY and completely reversible.

There is already a thread (sorry i forgot the name of the bhpian) where he has already dipped the logos and badges on his Grey polo.

Check this option since this will save you considerable $$$ and also fit and finish wont be an issue.
The problem with plastidip is, one pressure wash and they are gone, I have already sourced the logo so $$$ are already spent .
Old 26th February 2015, 08:22   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
The problem with plastidip is, one pressure wash and they are gone, I have already sourced the logo so $$$ are already spent .
Pressure wash will not be an issue if Plastidip is done properly with multiple layers. Have used personally on ORVM and black plastic claddings and it has held up pretty well for last 1 year.
arunu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 09:46   #63
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on a nicely done Polo. Enough reasons to change from the Ritz and enough reasons to enjoy the drive. I can see sometime how difficult it can be to wade through VW service. But surely I think that wont come in the way of a good highway drive! Its one of the best engines for the long road.

Congrats once again and happy driving.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 10:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pressure wash will not be an issue if Plastidip is done properly with multiple layers. Have used personally on ORVM and black plastic claddings and it has held up pretty well for last 1 year.
Oh is it. Then may be I can try that next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats on a nicely done Polo. Enough reasons to change from the Ritz and enough reasons to enjoy the drive. I can see sometime how difficult it can be to wade through VW service. But surely I think that wont come in the way of a good highway drive! Its one of the best engines for the long road.

Congrats once again and happy driving.
I read the ownership review of cars, from almost all the manufacturers, and found that once you go out of maruti or toyota it is the almost the same story everywhere. So lets hope for the best .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 26th February 2015 at 10:20.
Old 26th February 2015, 15:54   #65
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Alright!

AFAIK, there is not much change to the interior dimensions when compared to the older Polo.
I've got the new Polo and faced a small issue when I changed my pedals to the aluminum ones. They weren't an exact fit on the newer models. So now I double check everything.

Quote:
Completely agree. Plastidip is brilliant. I have also successfully used it on the rims and logos on my Polo and have not faced any problems. It all boils down to how well you spray it on and the number of layers.
DWC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 08:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

Checked the engine oil level today morning and I see it has dipped quite a lot and will need refill immediately. Now the problem with VW service is, they usually don't entertain cars without prior appointment, so let's see how does it work.
Attached Thumbnails
Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-1425266084154.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2015, 09:23   #67
Team-BHP Support

Supriyo, you can do the refill yourself in case your 7500 km/6 month free checkup is a month or two away. Get a bottle of Castrol Edge 5W-40 1L and refill in 300 mL shots. Check the level using the dipstick. Keep the bottle in the spare wheel well with some rag clothes and a funnel. Cut a used 1L soft drink bottle near the mouth and use that as a funnel.
Old 2nd March 2015, 09:41   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Supriyo, you can do the refill yourself in case your 7500 km/6 month free checkup is a month or two away. Get a bottle of Castrol Edge 5W-40 1L and refill in 300 mL shots. Check the level using the dipstick. Keep the bottle in the spare wheel well with some rag clothes and a funnel. Cut a used 1L soft drink bottle near the mouth and use that as a funnel.
Thanks Ganesh, i will give it shot myself then as i have just clocked around 3k kms and 4 months way from 7500 km/6 month free checkup.

Castrol Edge 5W-40, is it readily available at any stores or it will be better if i get it from VW service center from the spares counter.
Old 2nd March 2015, 09:55   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Castrol Edge 5W-40, is it readily available at any stores or it will be better if i get it from VW service center from the spares counter.
The Edge is available at most outlets that retail engine oil. VW and Skoda uses the Castrol Magnatec 5W-40 which is not available in the retail chain for us consumers to buy. Not to worry though, the specs are the same.

If you can source one, nothing like it. Does your local VW service center retail spares over-the-counter?
Old 2nd March 2015, 10:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Edge is available at most outlets that retail engine oil. VW and Skoda uses the Castrol Magnatec 5W-40 which is not available in the retail chain for us consumers to buy. Not to worry though, the specs are the same.

If you can source one, nothing like it. Does your local VW service center retail spares over-the-counter?
Let me check if i can source that from them. Anyways, i just called up the VW service center and they asked me to bring in the car they will top it up. So i will get it done via them this time and will see how they do it so that from next time i can do it on my own ( if needed ).
Old 2nd March 2015, 13:30   #71
DWC
BHPian

As far as I know, they will not sell you the engine oil over the counter. Been there, done that. Not company policy is the reply that I got. But yeah, keep a bottle of Castrol Edge 5W-40 handy.
Old 2nd March 2015, 14:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does your local VW service center retail spares over-the-counter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
As far as I know, they will not sell you the engine oil over the counter. Been there, done that. Not company policy is the reply that I got. But yeah, keep a bottle of Castrol Edge 5W-40 handy.
I was able to get 2 1L bottles for them. A little bit of sweet talk and butter did that for me . They topped up around 700 ml from one and returned the rest to me.
Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-img_20150302_131946.jpg

Also picked the old generation grill from the service center and swapped the emblem.

This is going to replace the stock grill, will see if i can reuse the GT logo or not.
Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-img_20150302_143240.jpg

Will get those chrome part masked in gloss black and add red stripes in those, lets see how it goes.

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 2nd March 2015 at 14:57.
Schoudhury is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 15:09   #73
DWC
BHPian

Sweet looking grill. Cant wait to see how it looks on the car. Lucky you for sweet talking your way to the bottle of Magnatec!
Old 3rd March 2015, 23:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast

Modified grille ready to replace the stock one.Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425404421.350230.jpg

Stock GT grille replaced with modified one.

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425404507.656532.jpg

Last edited by Schoudhury : 3rd March 2015 at 23:18.
Schoudhury is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 09:53   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Stock GT grille replaced with modified one.
Nice!

Do replace the GT moniker back on the front grille. The letters are stuck on a black plastic trim with hard glue but will come off if pry it carefully.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks