Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 21:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
There are many. I use fuel log. Here is a screenshot of tracking of my bullet500
Thanks Arjithin.
I downloaded "my car". Will update you about it's performance.
Old 30th July 2015, 21:50   #32
BHPian

There was a small dent to Raje on the left just behind rear door last week due to mad biker trying to go from extreme left to right inspite of indication well in advance.

Took this to MyTVS workshop in Ekkaduthangal near Guindy and the work was done to the satisfaction and by the promised timeline of next day evening. The amount paid was only 50% of what was quoted by Khivraj.

The damaged portion:

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-imageuploadedbyteambhp1438273204.961985.jpg
Old 7th August 2015, 06:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
There was a small dent to Raje on the left just behind rear door last week due to mad biker trying to go from extreme left to right inspite of indication well in advance.

Took this to MyTVS workshop in Ekkaduthangal near Guindy and the work was done to the satisfaction and by the promised timeline of next day evening. The amount paid was only 50% of what was quoted by Khivraj.
Sad to hear about your Raje.
Can you please share the "after" pics. And yes Authorized centers are good when we are claiming insurance. Outside centers are always pocket friendly.
Old 25th September 2015, 23:46   #34
BHPian

Completed 20k service and please find below the bill. Total cost is Rs.5456/-.

Was told that they will not sell any oils to customers and will only be replaced in the vehicle during service. Even they were not ready to provide additional fuses.

Used gang of duster coupon for wheel alignment, hence it was free.

Complained about wind noise in high speeds. Was told that door beading was replaced under warranty. Have to check that during highway drive.

Also complained that water is dripping one or two drops during long drives. SA informed that it is a design issue and will happen during long drives - anyone of you facing such problem and was this the response you too got ?

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443204539.203727.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443204565.937016.jpg
Old 28th September 2015, 10:18   #35
BHPian

^^ Have faced the occasional sprinkles on my feet too.. Happens only on Long drives when the AC has been used for long.. Never bothered to get it checked with the SA as it has occurred 1-2 times only
Old 10th November 2015, 21:44   #36
BHPian

Raje did a trip to Rajasthan to pay tributes to Western Warriors during last week of September'15.

Sought the help of HV Kumar and CHD who supported in route planning and booking of hotels enroute. Without HVK's support this would not have been possible and am thankful for all the support provided during the trip. Due to last minute drop out could not take my son and it was me and my wife only. Driving was taking care by me and photography & navigation was supported by my spouse.

Do not want to further delay in sharing the trip details and hence sharing it as a photologue.

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-route_data.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-img_0825raje.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-mumbaisurat.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-vithal-kamat.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-halol-bypass.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-godhra-bypass.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-city-palace.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-fatehsagar.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-breakfast.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-nh76_1.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-nh76_2.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-nh14_2.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-nh27.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-nh114_1.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-nh114.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-desert-glimpse.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 12th November 2015 at 00:23. Reason: Fixed tags
couswheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 22:04   #37
BHPian

Another set of pics

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-rtdc.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-bada-bagh.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-kachcha-road.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-atm-tanot.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-tanot-_1.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-tanot_2.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-longewala-board.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-longewala.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-bp638.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-tanker.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-tribute_longewala.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-off-road.jpg

Off Road Video

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-sam-dunes.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-jeep-safari.jpg

Raje, The King - My Renault Duster 110PS RxL-sun-set-raje.jpg
couswheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 07:33   #38
BHPian

Few Videos of NH76

New Tunnel on NH76
Old 1st January 2016, 12:57   #39
BHPian

Raje did Guruvayur – Palakkad trip from 29-12-15 to 31-12-15.

Day 1 – Chennai – Ulundurpet – Attur – Salem – NH47 – Palakkad – Ottappalam – Shoranur – Guruvayoor – 637kms

Started at 6.30am and reached at 6.30pm with a break of 90 mins. It was a bad decision to take Ottappalam route during evening time. Got struck in Palakkad town traffic for 20 mins and struck in railway gate beyond Ottappalam for 15 mins.

Day -2 Gurvayur – Mannuthy – Palakkad – 96 kms

Darshan at Guruvayur temple took 2.5 hours. Started from Guruvayur at 3pm and reached Palakkad at 6pm with break for 30 mins. Mannuthy – Vadakkanchery traffic was high.

Visited Manapullikavu Bhagavathy temple in the evening

Day -3 Palakkad – Walayar – NH47 – Salem – Attur – Ulundurpet - Chennai - 547 kms

Started at 8.20am and reached home at 6pm with a break of 75 mins. The traffic was heavy in all the tolls in NH47. As usual heavy traffic near Vandalur and unusual traffic on Chamiers Road where it was a complete chaos inspite of policemen managing the traffic.

MMI took Raje into the narrows streets in Palakkad town enroute Guruvayur. Also MMI could not recognize the 4 lane on the Alathur – Palakkad stretch wherein I was always taking the flyover and could not find any left lane to Palakkad town. Lost 30 mins to find hotel in Robinson road.

Few statistics of the journey
Total distance – 1280 kms
Mileage – 17.6 kmpl
Total drive time – 24 hours and 40 mins (including breaks)
Break time – 195 mins
Toll Paid – Rs.1,220/-

Refuel at:
Shell, Chromepet
HP CoCo, Oddayarpalayam, Coimbatore NH47
BPCL CoCo, Ulundurpet A2B, NH45

Breaks:
Breakfast on 29-12-15 at Sri Balajee Bhavan, Melmaruvattur
Lunch on 29-12-15 at Sri Saravana Bhavan, Oddayarpalayam off NH47
Breakfast on 31-12-15 at Sri Saravana Bhavan, Kanjikode, Palakkadhttps://goo.gl/maps/yBM5q4KWnQo
Lunch on 31-12-15 at A2B, Ulundurpet, NH45

Stay:
Vishnu Inn, Guruvayur
Sayoojyam Residency, Palakkad
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 16:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Palakkad town traffic for 20 mins and struck in railway gate beyond Ottappalam for 15 mins.
Surprising!!! I don't know which Railway gate you got stuck at. From Ottapalam, the straight forward route is to Kulapully, from where you take a left towards Shornur. You bye-pass Shornur town, and go via a bridge over the river Bharathapuzha (which looks like a mini desert). Then you are are into Thrissur district. There are no level crossings on this route at all, if you stick to the main route. Did you go via the town of Pattambi? In that case you would have to cross a single line railway track at Vadanamkurissi, a few kms after Kulapully. And you were really lucky (!), because only a few trains run on this line, but you landed right at the same time .

Quote:
MMI took Raje into the narrows streets in Palakkad town enroute Guruvayur. Also MMI could not recognize the 4 lane on the Alathur – Palakkad stretch wherein I was always taking the flyover and could not find any left lane to Palakkad town.
I also have an MMI device. And one thing I have been doing for the past 2-3 years is to plot the route on Google Maps. Then get the longitute & lattitude of every major junction, important points on the route I plan to take. Then using these numbers mark them on MMI, and then make a route covering all these points. In the sense don't just allow MMI to guide you on long journeys. It really gives a few nasty surprises time and again.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 17:59   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Did you go via the town of Pattambi? In that case you would have to cross a single line railway track at Vadanamkurissi, a few kms after Kulapully.

In the sense don't just allow MMI to guide you on long journeys. It really gives a few nasty surprises time and again.
It seems I have taken the Pattambi route.

Thanks for the info on plotting the latitudes and longitudes basis google maps. Will try this from next time.
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:50   #42
BHPian

Raje did a trip to Udupi and Kollur covering 1745 kms in a span of 5 days. Onward journey was Chennai to Hassan on Day 1 and Hassan - Udupi on Day 2. Stayed at Southern Star, Hassan and overall the hotel was very good. Had a space inside to park the cars - atleast 4 cars can be parked and have parking facility outside the hotel around the compound wall. Thanks to Parag sachania for suggesting this hotel.

Route taken:
Chennai - Vellore - Bangalore - Neelmangla - Hassan (NH48).

Return journey was Udupi - Chennai, a distance of 769kms was covered in a single day with a total time of 14 hours including2 hours of 4 breaks.

Route taken:
Udupi - Mangalore - Uppinangudi- Sakleshpur - Hassan - Neelamangla - Bangalore - Vellore - Chennai. Thanks to fast_elegance for suggesting this route. The roads were almost good including the ghat sections and 10% of the 140kms of ghat section was patched up and hence bumpy ride otherwise the roads are good all throughout. During my onward journey truck traffic was high however there were negligible traffic on my return journey which was a working day.
Old 7th July 2016, 07:54   #43
BHPian

Raje completed 35k in just over 2 years and 1 month
Old 7th July 2016, 09:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raje completed 35k in just over 2 years and 1 month
Congratulations on completing 35k kms on your Raje! And some good pics on the Rajasthan trip in posts above. You seem like enjoying the car even more as she grows older with you. Good work there! Congrats again and keep it up.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 23:39   #45
BHPian

For the first time Raje was fully loaded with 5 adults and boot packed to the brim for a 350km drive. Returned mileage of 15.3 kmpl inspite of speeds between 100 to 120 kmph including bumper to bumper traffic in the city limits.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks