Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2016, 19:15   #46
BHPian

Re: 10 Reasons to buy the Ford EcoSport...and my ownership report!

Hello there

I have been seriously evaluating an upgrade from my first car Hyundai Eon. Of all the cars I considered I actually narrowed down on two options - Vento TSI Highline and Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium+.

Yours was perhaps the only ownership experience on the forum where the owner has had both a Vento and an Ecosport. So I thought I will share the roadblocks I have faced in making a decision for the last few months.

Objective:
To upgrade to a new car as an investment in safety and driving experience.

Requirement:
1. Petrol car as my running is <1000km/month but I would not mind buying a diesel if I am convinced of the benefits
2. 5 seater is ok as mostly me and my wife travel
3. Should be high if not very high on safety. I would love to have 6 airbags, ABS & ESP. And most importantly a well built car which reassures the passengers, not like the flimsy altos and the eons (with due respect to the owners, I am one!)
4. Engine wise I would like to have a smooth driving experience I am not chasing any thrills with my vehicle
5. Would love to have a fully loaded car in terms of features like rain sensing wipers, auto folding rvms, cruise control, mobile connectivity, good audio system etc.

Pluses and Minuses
Vento Plus and Ecosport Minus

1. Vento is beautiful! That's enough said. My wife fell in love the moment she sat in it. She was so impressed that she didn't want a test drive. She did not echo any similar thoughts on sitting in the Ecoboost. Infact she took the boost for a spin on NH8 and I loved the hissing sound of the engine!
2. The DSG gearbox was smooth. It really felt like a pleasurable experience driving the Vento on the Gurgaon Faridabad highway.
3. We preferred the interiors of the Vento to that of the Ecosport
4. Auto foldable side view mirrors. I don't know why this is not there in the Ecosport.
5. Some features such as cruise control, a nice steering wheel, ESP & hill assist

Ecosport Plus and Vento Minus

1. 6 airbags! This has to be a very very big differentiator for me. And my mind is tilting towards Ecosport primarily because of this reason.
2. After sales service. I have read on this forum of some very bad experiences but my friend and my ex boss both own Ventos and have never said a negative word about them. Infact my boss went and bought Polo TSI in addition to his Vento TSI. Not that my humble Eon is great because as I type this I have paid 10,938 for a service cum parts replacement. I am more eager to upgrade now.
3. Ground clearance is much better in Ecosport and I would hesitate to take the Vento to say Nainital on a weekend but I would have no second thoughts about the Ecosport.
4. Safety of 6 airbags (but not ESP), high GC and good after sales service will probably lead to better peace of mind with the Ecosport.
Dilemma
The heart says Vento TSI Highline 2016 Chocolate Brown colour and the mind says Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium+ 2016 Golden Bronze colour.

Both the cars are within my budget. I intend to keep the car anywhere from 3 to 5 years. It will be used for daily office commutes and trips to close by locations sporadically. Eon was the first car I bought with my own money. I have driven it for 32000 kms in just over 3 years.

It would be great if I can get assistance in making this decision.

Thanks & regards
DV
Old 26th February 2016, 12:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: 10 Reasons to buy the Ford EcoSport...and my ownership report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Your FE seems to very very low for a Diesel. :O
Well I have got 15KM/L in City as well as 22-23KM/L in highway a lot of time. But to get that I have to keep my speed in check, there should not be much traffic. If you ask me for a single number I would say 13 in city and 18 in highway. These figures are with decent traffic in city and good speeds on highway respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Hello there

I have been seriously evaluating an upgrade from my first car Hyundai Eon. Of all the cars I considered I actually narrowed down on two options - Vento TSI Highline and Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium+.

Yours was perhaps the only ownership experience on the forum where the owner has had both a Vento and an Ecosport. So I thought I will share the roadblocks I have faced in making a decision for the last few months.

Objective:
To upgrade to a new car as an investment in safety and driving experience.

It would be great if I can get assistance in making this decision.

Thanks & regards
DV
First of all sorry for the delay, let me put a comparison first:

Ecosport VS Vento:
1. Ecosport has better safety kits.
2. Higher Ground Clerance in Ecosport a big boon.
3. Ecosport is More Fun to Drive. The steering feels more connected.
4. Ecosport's Boot isn't as big as Vento.
5. Vento is a lot more powerful.
6. Ecosport Interiors fit is not as good as Vento though the quality of materials is comparable.
7. FE is comparable however Ecosport has a slight edge.
8. Ecosport feels wider inside. It also feels lot more solid.
9. Maintenance cost by a small margin is cheaper for Ecosport.
10. The suspension in Ecosport is very stiff and Vento feels more plush when it comes to ride. On the other hand softer suspension of Vento bounces more than Ecosport.

Now coming to your requirement, If you are sure of driving in good roads and predominantly good tarmac and city, Vento should serve you better. I haven't driven the TSI and hence cant comment on its engine drivability. DSG is an added advantage if you like automatic.

If you like to explore new places, be least worried about road conditions, want some versatility,higher seating position Ecosport it should be.
During my innumerable journey(Bangalore-Puttur) to native I felt the Ecosport to be more comfortable. Yes the Vento was faster but Ecosport felt more comfortable. Also I have taken Ecosport to Leh from Bangalore and confident of taking it to many other similar places, I would not even dream of doing these in Vento.

Others things to consider:
1. Vento is already in market for 5+ years, a major upgrade should be in pipeline.
2.I felt Ecosoprt is more fun to drive in City and country roads. Vento with its power is better off in 4 lane highway.
3. Insulation is much better in the Ecosport.
4. Both cars can carry 4 people plus decent luggage. 5th passenger would definitely complain.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by PrideRed : 26th February 2016 at 12:36.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed