Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 16:57   #31
BHPian

Re: 10 Reasons to buy the Ford EcoSport...and my ownership report!

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support: Do NOT TROLL on this forum. Team-BHP has no place for unnecessarily negative posts. Watch the tone, especially when interacting with other BHPians, else your account will invite severe Moderator action.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2015 at 13:49.
vinodvayyat is online now   Received Infraction
Old 1st May 2015, 10:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

A rose by any other name etc etc...(Not my own, someone else said it long ago)
IMHO we are making a fuss over a very small issue i.e. a name.

Ok - let's quickly examine a few points. The traditional definition of a true blue SUV brings to mind a large, body on frame vehicle with considerable GC, built on a light truck platform, generally with a 4 wheel drive.
However, the car markets have evolved, maybe not the way purists would have liked, and today we have large and small monocoque vehicles with some or all the attributes of the above, described loosely as SUVs giving rise to terms such as full size SUV, mid size SUV, compact SUV and so on.
The term Crossover stirs the pot. For some, SUVs are purely confined to those with light truck underpinnings while all the others are Crossovers.
Anyway, coming to this specific case, the Ecosport is a raised hatch with a wheel at the back for some, for others it is an entry level baby SUV and for still others it is a crossover. A magazine like Whatcar (Autocar) puts this under the category of entry level SUVs.
I really feel the description lies in the perception of each individual.

Last edited by wilful : 1st May 2015 at 10:39. Reason: Punctuation
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 18:14   #33
BHPian

Agreed its not an SUV technically.
Even for a car that can handle rough patches comparitively better than most of the other options available in the same price range, it is a very good deal.
Had a test drive of the diesel variant with a friend of mine who was interested in buying it. Besides the ride and handling, the space, posture and comfort it offered to me (I am 6'1" tall) was great. Loved the car.
Old 2nd May 2015, 16:49   #34
BHPian

Hello, I have been an owner of Ford Ecosport from the past 9 months. I do not have any major issues with the vehicle except the stiff suspension which i got used to in a short time.
On the other side, I do not like the OEM headlight bulbs. I had difficulties driving during the night due to low light. Did any of the users upgrade the bulbs? I heard Ford is very particular on these upgrades in terms of warranty. Is it a good idea to upgrade or live with it? Appreciate your suggestions.
Old 4th May 2015, 10:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
Hello, I have been an owner of Ford Ecosport from the past 9 months. I do not have any major issues with the vehicle except the stiff suspension which i got used to in a short time.
On the other side, I do not like the OEM headlight bulbs. I had difficulties driving during the night due to low light. Did any of the users upgrade the bulbs? I heard Ford is very particular on these upgrades in terms of warranty. Is it a good idea to upgrade or live with it? Appreciate your suggestions.
You can replace stock bulbs with similar rating ones of different brand. OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus and Philips Extreme Vision are some of the options that are available.These are known to improve visibility by upto 30%. This will not void warranty as you are using similar rating bulbs. However if you change to 100/90 rating bulbs, your warranty may get void as you will have to do additional wiring. There are more discussions on this in Ecosport official review thread, where you can find more details on cost,performance etc.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 11:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
I had changed my stock bulbs to Osram Night Breaker Plus H4 55/60 initially have just switched to Philips Xtreme Vision + 130. I have posted some pics on the Ecosport Official Review thread just now, which you check out.
Warranty will not be affected since these bulbs are of the prescribed rating.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 09:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I had changed my stock bulbs to Osram Night Breaker Plus H4 55/60 initially have just switched to Philips Xtreme Vision + 130. I have posted some pics on the Ecosport Official Review thread just now, which you check out.
Warranty will not be affected since these bulbs are of the prescribed rating.
Can you let me know how much did it cost you? I am thinking of swapping Ecosport headlight with spare set I have in Vento. I am not quite sure if this can be done, yet to see if this is feasible.
Old 5th May 2015, 09:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Can you let me know how much did it cost you? I am thinking of swapping Ecosport headlight with spare set I have in Vento. I am not quite sure if this can be done, yet to see if this is feasible.
Sourced it from Powerbulbs UK. Putting below an extract of their bill. Please note that they were running an offer at the time for a pair of sidelight bulbs - free with the Philips bulbs. Not that I wanted them.

"Using Royal Mail Standard International.

Order PWB273448

Item Unit Price Quantity Subtotal
Philips X-treme Vision +130% H4 £24.45 GBP 1 £24.45 GBP
OSRAM W5W Sidelight Bulbs £0.00 GBP 1 £0.00 GBP
Sub Total £24.45 GBP
Tax £0.00 GBP
Delivery* £0.00 GBP
Total £24.45 GBP"
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 16:08   #39

Quote:
On one occasion, I had left my park lights on in the evening and early morning next day had to travel to Shivamogga. The moment I saw park lights on in the morning, I knew battery would have gone dead. Cranking the engine did not work as expected and sync displayed bizarre status. Called road side assistance at 6:45 AM, got a prompt reply, 7:00 AM i was informed a technician would be coming in an hour. 5 minutes to 8 the technician is at my apartment, uses the jumper cable to start and car is back to life at 8:15 AM. Money spent-zero. Amazing service I must say.
My 2006 Ford Fusion had the feature of switching off any lights, if left on, after 10 minutes. Seems they have done away with such a feature.
Old 27th August 2015, 16:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafpnp View Post
My 2006 Ford Fusion had the feature of switching off any lights, if left on, after 10 minutes. Seems they have done away with such a feature.
Well In Ecosport when the key is not inside the car, Buzzer, park light and interior light can run till battery drains off, provided the switches are on. Ecosport comes with warning beep sound which would activate if the lights continue to be on after the key is moved outside the car.
Old 4th November 2015, 07:08   #41
BHPian

A well written ownership review..Agree with the positives which you have mentioned. Regarding the dislikes, the most significant dislike would be the stiff suspension only. And that too goes away with time.

Regarding the scuff plates, Ford is asking for 2000 for Stainless Steel and nearly 6000 for Illuminated ones which seem to be on the higher side. What is your feedback regarding the ones that you have got from ebay. Can you share the link regarding the same.
Old 13th November 2015, 12:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
A well written ownership review..Agree with the positives which you have mentioned. Regarding the dislikes, the most significant dislike would be the stiff suspension only. And that too goes away with time.

Regarding the scuff plates, Ford is asking for 2000 for Stainless Steel and nearly 6000 for Illuminated ones which seem to be on the higher side. What is your feedback regarding the ones that you have got from ebay. Can you share the link regarding the same.
I had bought scuff plate for about 750 bucks from Ebay. The quality of product is good, the adhesive tape is not wide enough and hence when you touch the plates in certain area, makes metallic noise. However it does not make any noise while the car is in motion.
The product doesnot seem to be available in ebay anymore. I found something similar in paytm though i am not sure about the quality.
https://paytm.com/shop/p/autowheelga...iiYaAtDG8P8HAQ

You can find illuminated ones in Ebay for about 1200 bucks.
Old 13th November 2015, 12:46   #43
BHPian

Quote:

You can find illuminated ones in Ebay for about 1200 bucks.
Thanks for your feedback. I finally ordered this i.e.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...342855410.html

This looks much better than the ones posted on local websites.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 13:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Update on car:

Had been to Leh in Ecosport and had wonderful time. The travelogue can be found here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-ecosport.html

Post my journey noticed humming noise in 5th gear. The car was taken to service centre and they took about 3 weeks to resolve. The bill was around 15K and was completely covered under warranty.

The very next day noticed a crack in windscreen. After discussion Ford agreed to replace under warranty/goodwill. The windscreen is now replaced and the car is back in its glory.

Completed 39300KM so far and the car is due for its 40K service.
Major issues reported: Apart from the above mentioned,none so far.
Rattles: Nothing major, the music system console plastic rattles when driven over bad patches.
FE: 11-14kmpl in city and 15-19kmpl in highway.
Tires: Still running stock MRF and looks like they will last another 15K. The Stepney is not used at all.

Last edited by PrideRed : 13th November 2015 at 14:05.
Old 7th January 2016, 10:13   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Update on car:

FE: 11-14kmpl in city and 15-19kmpl in highway.
Tires: Still running stock MRF and looks like they will last another 15K. The Stepney is not used at all.
Your FE seems to very very low for a Diesel. :O

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks