Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 14:54   #31
adu
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home

Congrats on your new XUV 500 . Love the side steps, how much did they cost?
Old 18th June 2015, 11:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Congrats on your new XUV 500 . Love the side steps, how much did they cost?
Hi Adu,

They cost me 15500Rs. They are included in the original Mahindra accessories supplied by the showroom
Old 18th June 2015, 12:07   #33
BHPian

Friends, I am looking for some advice. I have just completed a 1500 Kms trip (will be writing about it and my experiences soon). I feel the Bridgestone Duellers don't do justice to the vehicle's potential. Road noise is just one of the issues.

I don't mind upgrading. Should I stick to the Duellers for a few more kilometers and then change? Do you have any recommendations for the 235/65 R17 size?

If possible, I would love to go for a tyre with White Lettering, like these Hankook tyres. I had some pretty bad experiences with Hankook before, so I am not too keen on that brand. Looking for other alternatives.

My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home-15-x-10-wheel-tire-600-02.jpg
Old 18th June 2015, 12:28   #34
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
...I don't mind upgrading. Should I stick to the Duellers for a few more kilometers and then change? Do you have any recommendations for the 235/65 R17 size?
I would wholeheartedly recommend Michelin Latitude Tour HP. Have clocked 3000kms on them till now and very happy with them.

More details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3668584
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:57   #35
BHPian

Workmanship and Quality Issues :(

Is my honeymoon period over? I don't want to think so but some quality issues have cropped up on Pegasus.

The chrome beading for the right rear window panel has come loose already. Within two weeks

Looks like the glue that was used has given way. I did not face this problem even on my early 2000's Safari !

Check the pics

My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home-beading-2.jpg

My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home-beading1.jpg

This is not the only issue. Faint rattles have started from the dashboard, especially from somewhere close to the windshield.

Another more worrying creaking sound started developing from the front right area. At first, I thought it was coming from the front right strut or something. However, a closer inspection and observation revealed this shocking flex in the front right quarter panel.

I am attaching the video. See how the panel moves so easily, as if it were made of plastic! I have tested the same area on my wife's i10 and on a few other cars. It doesn't flex so easily. Can any XUV owners throw some light on this? Is it common for all XUV's or should I take it up with Mahindra?

Pegasus has been giving me great driving pleasure until now. These quality issues have dampened my ownership experience to some extent. You don't expect such things when you have just forked out about 18 Lakhs for a 'premium' product.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2015 at 09:30. Reason: Simply insert youtube URLs as it is within the post.
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:03   #36
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Workmanship and Quality Issues :(

Quote:
The chrome beading for the right rear window panel has come loose already. Within two weeks

Looks like the glue that was used has given way.
Please get it fixed properly again. This chrome strip is an afterthought and not part of original design. Rain water dripping down the glass gets obstructed with these stick-ons eventually damaging the chrome finish. Even with existing XUVs, people who have opted for the chrome package from genuine accessories have reported issues of spots, discoloration and fitting becoming loose over time.

Quote:
Faint rattles have started from the dashboard, especially from somewhere close to the windshield.
Dashboard rattles are not new. I was hoping that they won't be there in the new age XUV. There are nuts on the side of the dashboard (hidden under a plastic panel) those need to be tightened and most regular rattles from dashboard go away for some time.

Quote:
Another more worrying creaking sound started developing from the front right area. At first, I thought it was coming from the front right strut or something. However, a closer inspection and observation revealed this shocking flex in the front right quarter panel.

I am attaching the video. See how the panel moves so easily, as if it were made of plastic!
The panel you are referring to is indeed made from fiber/plastic.

But, you are right, it should not move so much. Get it fixed please at the a.s.s.

Quote:
Pegasus has been giving me great driving pleasure until now. These quality issues have dampened my ownership experience to some extent. You don't expect such things when you have just forked out about 18 Lakhs for a 'premium' product.
What can I say, except "Welcome to the Mahindra owner's club!".
A lot of us share the exact same "love & hate" relationship with Mahindras and their offerings.

Last edited by SDP : 23rd June 2015 at 10:04.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:52   #37
BHPian

Re: Workmanship and Quality Issues :(

Quote:
Is my honeymoon period over? I don't want to think so but some quality issues have cropped up on Pegasus.

This is very disheartening to hear. We do have a 2012 W8 XUV that has clocked 41800 kms. One of the main issues with the XUV is the very patchy interior quality. Our XUV still has rattling door pads, instrument cluster hood and a very irritating squeaking driver seat even after pointing out the issues with the M&M folks at the 40000 kms service.

I blame this on M&M cheap Quality Control. I think when the workers at the factory assemble the dashboard they just roll the XUV out of the factory without stringent quality checks. My advise is to get this fixed as soon as possible with M&M as they will respond well now as the vehicle is brand new and a newer model. And please do not forget to show your disgust at these issues cropping up in a newly launched product.

Right, enough of the negative talk. On a positive note, the car is mechanically very strong and will not fail on you. The XUV's mHawk engine, features, terrific fuel economy and capable dynamics will put a smile on your face for sure. One of the main reasons why most of the owners love their cheetah are because of the above qualities of the XUV. These issues will dampen your spirits only for a short time. This car grows on you the more you drive. Hoping to hear more about the interior issue and its solutions soon.
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

First of all Congratulations on your new acquisition buddy Happy munching miles with the cheetah.

And coming to the minor niggles which you are facing, it is mostly common across all XUV's and each and every owner here has faced rattling sounds from one or other part of XUV. I would suggest you to check with ASS on all these and get it sorted out, because I understand how it feels to have these kind of issues in a new vehicle.
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

What can I say, except "Welcome to the Mahindra owner's club!".
A lot of us share the exact same "love & hate" relationship with Mahindras and their offerings.
Thanks SDP. I am glad to learn that I am in good company . For now, I have used Fevikwik to fix the beading. I got the feeling that it would fall off completely and that is why I used this quick fix method. I will get the ASS to take a look at it soon.

Generally, how good is the XUV's HVAC system at isolating the cabin from the surroundings? When driving through areas where garbage is being burnt, I am noticing a very faint smoky odour in the cabin. This never used to happen in the Jetta, while driving past the same area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
This is very disheartening to hear. We do have a 2012 W8 XUV that has clocked 41800 kms. One of the main issues with the XUV is the very patchy interior quality. Our XUV still has rattling door pads, instrument cluster hood and a very irritating squeaking driver seat even after pointing out the issues with the M&M folks at the 40000 kms service.

I blame this on M&M cheap Quality Control. I think when the workers at the factory assemble the dashboard they just roll the XUV out of the factory without stringent quality checks. My advise is to get this fixed as soon as possible with M&M as they will respond well now as the vehicle is brand new and a newer model. And please do not forget to show your disgust at these issues cropping up in a newly launched product.

Right, enough of the negative talk. On a positive note, the car is mechanically very strong and will not fail on you. The XUV's mHawk engine, features, terrific fuel economy and capable dynamics will put a smile on your face for sure. One of the main reasons why most of the owners love their cheetah are because of the above qualities of the XUV. These issues will dampen your spirits only for a short time. This car grows on you the more you drive. Hoping to hear more about the interior issue and its solutions soon.
Yes, the mechanicals of the car are very strong and that is what I meant, when I said that my XUV was giving me lots of driving pleasure . The plastic quality on the 2015 XUV is definitely a step up from the previous generation and Mahindra must be appreciated for this. However, as you rightly said, Quality Control needs to be a lot tighter. I will get ASS to look at the niggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
First of all Congratulations on your new acquisition buddy Happy munching miles with the cheetah.

And coming to the minor niggles which you are facing, it is mostly common across all XUV's and each and every owner here has faced rattling sounds from one or other part of XUV. I would suggest you to check with ASS on all these and get it sorted out, because I understand how it feels to have these kind of issues in a new vehicle.
Thanks fusionbang. I am munching miles, literally. Pegasus has already crossed the 2,000 KMS mark. As for the rattling club, I guess I am now a member, whether I like it or not.
Diesel9999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Generally, how good is the XUV's HVAC system at isolating the cabin from the surroundings? When driving through areas where garbage is being burnt, I am noticing a very faint smoky odour in the cabin. This never used to happen in the Jetta, while driving past the same area. .
Oh God. It seems Mahindra failed to fix this issue in this new face lift version

This is common in older version and we thought this should have been taken care of, but i guess we were wrong, specially seeing that the same old dashboard rattle cropping up again in new version too.
But then, as SDP said, welcome to mahindra club
nitinralli is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 16:46   #41
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Generally, how good is the XUV's HVAC system at isolating the cabin from the surroundings? When driving through areas where garbage is being burnt, I am noticing a very faint smoky odour in the cabin. This never used to happen in the Jetta, while driving past the same area.

Issue from day-1 of the XUV's launch!
Lots of people have faced it and complained.

Recently one gentleman got it rectified:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3733816

It looks like a major surgery and would introduce more rattles. So at least I have opted out of it.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:46   #42
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations Diesel9999 on bringing your Pegasus home. Have to say she looks stunning in white, this would be the colour of my choice should i buy this vehicle.
Having lived with a German car for so long, how much of a let-down is the interior quality on the XUV? I've been reading it has improved a lot over the previous generation but does it come anywhere close to the Germans now?
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Issue from day-1 of the XUV's launch!
Lots of people have faced it and complained.

Recently one gentleman got it rectified:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3733816

It looks like a major surgery and would introduce more rattles. So at least I have opted out of it.
OK now this is ridiculous. This seems to be a known problem and Mahindra should have fixed this in the 2015 XUV. I would rather have a car with a perfectly fine HVAC system than one with fancy logo projection lamps when I pay so much

That picture from the post you shared looks scary. I don't have the courage to get my dashboard ripped up like that. I guess I will live with this, unless it becomes too much of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Heartiest congratulations Diesel9999 on bringing your Pegasus home. Have to say she looks stunning in white, this would be the colour of my choice should i buy this vehicle.
Having lived with a German car for so long, how much of a let-down is the interior quality on the XUV? I've been reading it has improved a lot over the previous generation but does it come anywhere close to the Germans now?
Hi Abhii, I never really expected the XUV to match the tank like build quality of the Germans. My Jetta did over 1 Lakh kilometers and it does not have a single rattle. Can't say the same about my 2 weeks old XUV!

However, the interior of the new XUV is definitely not a bad place to be. The high seating position, leather seats and two tone interior will make you feel good.
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:45   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I also took some time to put in 3D mats and magnetic sun visors. Cost me about 10k for both. The only issue is that the 3D Mats are covering up the illuminated scuff plates to a large extent.
Congratulations!!. This white looks awesome. Wish I had waited for 8 months as I could have bought the W10 in the new white color. I had
bought the W8 in 2014 Oct and I did not like the white which was available
then.

Where in Hyderabad did you buy the 3D mats and magnetic sun visors?.
What is the cost of the sun visor alone?. I am interested in buying just
the sun visors.

Thank you.
Old 24th June 2015, 10:02   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Congratulations!!. This white looks awesome. Wish I had waited for 8 months as I could have bought the W10 in the new white color. I had
bought the W8 in 2014 Oct and I did not like the white which was available
then.

Where in Hyderabad did you buy the 3D mats and magnetic sun visors?.
What is the cost of the sun visor alone?. I am interested in buying just
the sun visors.

Thank you.
Thanks drvhplyevraftr

I bought the 3D mats at Pit stop, in Filmnagar. The sun visors are from Mahindra and are available in the showroom. About 3 - 4k if I remember correctly, for the sun visors.

And yes, the new white is much better than the old white. This new colour is similar to the pearl white that the Safari Dicor used to come in. There is more metal in the finish.

Last edited by Diesel9999 : 24th June 2015 at 10:04. Reason: added more info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks