Team-BHP - 'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/166434-chasing-life-our-maruti-alto-k10-vxi-amt-fire-brick-red-edit-10-000-km-up-2.html)

Thank you for such a detailed review.

I am hard pressed to find which corner of the car you haven't covered!

Your photos add up to a very detailed brochure for a potential buyer.

This a really fun car for city runabouts. The short wheel base and width ensure maneuverability you can get in very few cars. In heavy traffic, you can move ahead at a much faster pace. Couple that with a peppy engine and an autobox and the fun factor goes up two quotients.

Congratulations and heres' wishing you many happy miles in your car!

Aah finally the review is up. Congrats on the car. Wishing you thousands of happy miles. What is the FE ? Does the car travel the same distance as you do in your Swift ? It has already crossed the 1.5k mark :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockporiom (Post 3764712)
Let me be the first to congratulate you Anurag on another reliable workhorse from Maruti's stable. An excellent ownership review covering almost everything possible.

Thank you Adi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psispace (Post 3764749)
Thank you for such a detailed review.

I am hard pressed to find which corner of the car you haven't covered!

Your photos add up to a very detailed brochure for a potential buyer.

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 3764817)
Aah finally the review is up. Congrats on the car. Wishing you thousands of happy miles. What is the FE ? Does the car travel the same distance as you do in your Swift ? It has already crossed the 1.5k mark.

Haha. Thanks Sumeeth.

Swift does 110 kms whereas this would be adding 55 to 60 kms on an average a day.

FE: City - 15.9 to 17.6 kmpl.

Odometer is nearing 2000 kms as of today.

What an exhaustive ownership review! Had as much detail (if not more) as what we'd expect from a Team-BHP Official Review. Thanks for sharing!clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3763108)
Same goes for the bottle holder, which is placed behind the handbrake. It can fit only a 500 ml bottle and not a 1 litre one which is impractical again.

FYI
Quote:

Useful 1L bottle holder which can be folded away when not in use:

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3763108)
PS 2: Sincere thanks to S2!!! for the Official review and to maintain the standards.

Glad that the Team-BHP review helped you in some way or the other.

P.S. Even .anshuman was an integral part of the Alto K10's official review.:)

Very nice & detailed review, Anurag! Its difficult to find any area that you didn't cover in the review!

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3763090)

1) Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXi AMT:

After the TD, we came to the table to discuss the pricing for the VXi AMT variant that stood at 6.1L OTR, Hyderabad. I was like Whoa! That’s almost VDi variant in the Swift and I get nothing in the Celerio.

Whoa! Now that puts into perspective how expensive cars have got. In 2010, we got our Swift VXi for Rs 5L OTR in Mumbai!

Hey Anurag,

Congratulations on the K10 AMT. The K10 definitely is a good city car. With the addition of the AMT it makes it even better. The K10 engine is a downer for me though, the low end torque is really bad. That is maybe because i am used to the F10D engine and find it good within the city. Although i have heard of some mind-blowing FE figures from friends & relatives with New Alto's & Wagon-R's.

4.8 lakhs for an Alto? :Shockked: Back in 2003 my Dad had got a used Alto VX 1.1 for 2.2 lakhs. We were planning to buy a new VXi but none of the dealers in Mumbai had any as it was going to be discontinued. People were laughing at us as we were looking forward to buy a 4 lakh rupaye wale Alto.

On the other hand, Did you not consider a used Brio/i10? Both these cars are available at really low prices in the used market. Most importantly they are well built & have better engines. The Brio is pretty fuel efficient too. Used petrol's make a lot of sense in a market like ours.

Wishing you & your wife a happy & safe mile crunching with the pocket rocket. :)

Asit

Quote:

Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 (Post 3765374)

On the other hand, Did you not consider a used Brio/i10?

No used cars and No Hyundai that's our policy at home.

I'm keeping a close eye on FE and have seen it increasing slowly.

Loving the car and the drive. Hopefully it stays niggle-free.

Great detailed narrative a4anurag, I will be in the market for a small hatch in a couple of years time and will be sure to refer back to this post along with others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3763090)
2) Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 VXI AMT:

– ve’s:
  • No safety kit.

Surprised you decided to compromise on the safety front in this case. Also shocked safety features are not provided even in the highest variant :Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryputtar (Post 3765420)
Great detailed narrative a4anurag, I will be in the market for a small hatch in a couple of years time and will be sure to refer back to this post along with others.

Surprised you decided to compromise on the safety front in this case.

Thank you harry.

Since the car is only going to be run in city traffic, i had to compromise on safety aspect and we needed the car ASAP so no choice and moreover there is no car with AT along required safety features at sane pricing.

Congratulations on your new car mate !!

Wonderfully detailed ownership review, on par with the official reviews plus the ownership experience clap:

Anyone looking for buying an Alto K10 AMT, this can be the thread to read.

Wishing you great time with her.

Congratulations mate!

I am using Celerio Vxi AMT since Feb 2015 and it has been a hassle free ride since then.

Which OBD II reader and mobile app are you using? What is the price for the OBD II reader?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel lover (Post 3765761)
Which OBD II reader and mobile app are you using? What is the price for the OBD II reader?

Thanks buddy.

Your answer lies in the link below:

ELM 327

The screen shots that I have put up is using the above OBD reader.

AND

Launch x431

I'll be trying the Launch OBD reader soon and updating.

Congrats Anurag:thumbs up Wish you many miles of Happy and Safe Driving. Excellent review, precise and professional.

Congratulations on an excellent purchase and a beautiful colour. I wish your wife and you many miles of happy & safe motoring in your new chariot. You have written a thorough review along with how you arrived at your choice. My son is planning to go in for his first car purchase and understandably he needs to buy what he can from his income and I am forwarding your article to him. all best wishes - Narayan

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapeco (Post 3765900)
Congrats Anurag. Wish you many miles of Happy and Safe Driving. Excellent review, precise and professional.

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 3766612)
My son is planning to go in for his first car purchase and understandably he needs to buy what he can from his income and I am forwarding your article to him.

Thank you Sir for the kind words.

Do look at Celerio ZXi AMT if budget permits.