Team-BHP - 'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/166434-chasing-life-our-maruti-alto-k10-vxi-amt-fire-brick-red-edit-10-000-km-up-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3817351)
No niggles/rattles till date. Running like a charm. The K10 is nearing 3K now.

Great to know that, Sir. clap:

BTW See what I found for you. :)

Wagon-R VXi, Model year 2004-10(Parag Sir's model) has similar type of Day/Night IRVMs(with integrated lamps) which you are looking for your Alto. Pic from brochure
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-20151110_121824.jpg

VXi Specific
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-20151110_121842.jpg

Got the part numbers for you. Note- Kindly confirm the part number before ordering. I am a bit confused regarding the illustration of the IRVM in the parts manual. Though the manual clearly said -For models from 2004-10.
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-20151110_112458.jpg

Also confirmed from MGP guys that the part is orderable.

Off topic, see what I got for my M800 5 Speed a few days back-Metal finish Gear knob from Esteem/Zen/Waggy VXi. Feels and looks awesome.

'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-20150923_115551.jpg

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3845154)
VXi Specific

Got the part numbers for you. Note- Kindly confirm the part number before ordering. I am a bit confused regarding the illustration of the IRVM in the parts manual. Though the manual clearly said -For models from 2004-10.

Thank you Sir for taking the time and pain to search.

I did visit MGP stockist now and have him the picture of the IRVM that I am searching for asking with the parts catalogue picture.

He said we can't order this part as it not moving and you are the only one who is ordering it. He politely asked me to try the second hand market.

PS: Check your PM Sir. Thanks.

2nd Service UPDATE

Quoting my own post from my Swift Thread:

Quote:

My neighbour has bought a Ciaz ZDi+ few months back and is getting his 2nd service done tomorrow. Autofin Maruti has given him an option of "Service at your Door step". He has accepted it and asked me to be around during to see and experience what is being done.

If I get a chance to witness it and I am satisfied, by next week will get the same thing done.
So after witnessing the servicing done by Autofin Maruti via the "Service at your Door step" concept, I gave them a go ahead and did the same for my K10 too as it was due for 2nd Service as 6 months have passed by from purchase.

Odometer as on date: 4320 kms
FE: 18 kmpl (100% city driving in D mode)
Issues Reported: None!

Amount paid: ₹0

Since there is nothing much in this service, it took them half an hour in total.

What all was done:

1) Lubricated all doors and hinges;

2) Top-up of distilled water;

3) Coated the battery terminals with Wurth Spray.

Service Van:
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-img_20151121_103151.jpg

'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-img_20151121_103105.jpg

Wurth Spray - Battery terminal:
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-img_20151121_115158.jpg

Battery terminal coated:
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-img_20151121_103357.jpg

Quote:

Wagon-R VXi, Model year 2004-10

Hey guys another update from my end.

Have visited and placed an order for the Manual D/N IRVM. It is a WagonR VXi specific. It is an MGP with the cabin light integrated into the IRVM unit.

Costs somewhere near 700 bucks so should take me another 10-15 days to get it.

Shall update the thread as I get it with part numbers and installation.

Sincere thanks to Leoshashi for pointing out and helping me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torino (Post 3768408)
Hi Anurag, congrats on your new car.

Will help you too IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3853071)
Hey guys another update from my end.

Have visited and placed an order for the Manual D/N IRVM. It is a WagonR VXi specific. It is an MGP with the cabin light integrated into the IRVM unit.

I am glad the MGP guys at your place finally took an order.

Coincidentally, I was heading towards the MGP store in my city to place an order for you, when the TBHP mail came. lol:

Eagerly awaiting for the update from your side. Kindly update the part number too, as I feel the part number posted by me a few posts back is erroneous, and from the newer gen Waggy.

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3853294)
Eagerly awaiting for the update from your side. Kindly update the part number too, as I feel the part number posted by me a few posts back is erroneous

I'll surely update the thread with the necessary details and pictures once I get the IRVM in hand.

PS: I'll trouble you again in case the MGP guys can't get hold of the part. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3853343)
I'll surely update the thread with the necessary details and pictures once I get the IRVM in hand.

PS: I'll trouble you again in case the MGP guys can't get hold of the part. Thanks in advance.

The part is still open, I have confirmed it thrice, hence I am sure you'll be getting yours in the given time. In case they disappoint, I'll be more than happy to help you out. :)

Regards,
Shashi

Milestone Update:

Car completed 5,000 kms yesterday and I couldn't get hold of the picture but I have one 94 kms later! :)

Odometer reading:
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-img_20151206_164537.jpg

How she looks now, parked at home:
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-img_20151206_164625.jpg

Latest addition:
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-img_20151206_164636.jpg

Issues: None!
Rattles: None!
FE: Getting between 16.8 kmpl to 17.5 kmpl with 100% city driving in 'D' mode.

Overall performance: Both my dad and wifey are loving the car a lot with both driving it turn by turn. The Ertiga is sleeping in the garage now a days! :D

LIGHTING UPDATE

Got a chance to replace the OEM bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision.

OEM Bulbs

Upgraded Bulbs

A 2 minute job and voila, a sea of change in brightness and beam spread.

Philips Xtreme Vision

'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-xv.jpg

OEM vs Philips XV

'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-xv-vs-oem.jpg

XV - Low Beam

'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-xv-low-beam.jpg

XV - High Beam

'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-xv-high-beam.jpg

OEM vx XV - Low Beam

'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-oem-vs-xv-low-beam.jpg

OEM vs XV - High Beam

'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-oem-vs-xv-high-beam.jpg

Points to be noted:

Thanks for the detailed review. :) cpics:
After going through your post, I am also going for the K10 AMT for my wife as the year end sale is on going.
Can you let me know where you got the seat covers and the flooring done and the cost for the same ?
Is the anti rust coating necessary for this car ?
Will adding extra speakers to this car void the warranty?
What other accessories apart from Mud flaps, mats, side bidding can I go for with this in a 5K budget?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexkid (Post 3879618)
Can you let me know where you got the seat covers and the flooring done and the cost for the same ?

Is the anti rust coating necessary for this car ?

Will adding extra speakers to this car void the warranty?

What other accessories apart from Mud flaps, mats, side bidding can I go for with this in a 5K budget?

Advance congratulations on the Alto K10 AMT.

Seat covers and lamination was done through a Friend who had his own accessory shop. Approximately the seat covers cost 5K and lamination 6K now.

For speakers, get them added before delivery by Maruti dealer. It will not good warranty that way.

Regarding the Anti-rust: Seeing your location - Noida, it depends on the weather there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torino (Post 3768408)
Hi....

Quote:

BTW See what I found for you.

Wagon-R VXi, Model year 2004-10

Sincere thanks to Leoshashi for finding the part and helping me source the part from his city (Ranchi) and shipping it to me here in Hyderabad. Thanks a lot buddy! Paid Rs 700 for the IRVM.
__________________________________________________ __________

I did install the IRVM in my Alto today and it was a 2 minute job. A straightforward job. Here are the pictures:

Part Number
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-part-number.jpg

IRVM: Alto vs WagonR VXi (Left: Alto & Right: WagonR)
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-alto-vs-wagonr-irvm.jpg

D/N IRVM
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-2.-dn-irvm.jpg

Cover and Festoon bulb (31 mm IIRC)
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-3.-cover-bulb.jpg

Tool Required - Star Screwdriver
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-1.-tool-required.jpg

Original IRVM
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-4.-original-oem.jpg

Remove the screws
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-5.-remove-screws.jpg

Remove connector
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-6.-remove-connector.jpg

Re-fix the D/N IRVM
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-7.-refix-irvm.jpg

Replaced the cover and festoon bulb
'Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up-8.-refix-cover.jpg

Now the drive will be easy on the eyes. Finally!

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3878332)
Brightness is more as compared to OEM

Pretty good indeed! I'm contemplating a headlight bulb upgrade in my Alto 800 which also comes with H4 bulbs. Not able to choose between Philips and Osram. Please help me with this!

Quote:

Spread in the low beam is even and helpful. When switched to High beam it is more of a spot light that some distribution.
I couldn't help but notice a prominent blind area behind the throw in low beam which is not much evident with OEM bulb. I'm not sure whether it is really so or my visual perception is deceiving me! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 3882387)
Pretty good indeed! I'm contemplating a headlight bulb upgrade in my Alto 800 which also comes with H4 bulbs. Not able to choose between Philips and Osram. Please help me with this!

Thank you buddy.

I love the Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs as I have used it in my Swift and now in my Alto. Regarding the dark area, yes it present but not visible from drivers seat.

Get the Philips XV (60/55W) for your Alto 800. Best bulb with good spread and view with good enough life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3882422)
Get the Philips XV (60/55W) for your Alto 800. Best bulb with good spread and view with good enough life.

Thanks for your input anurag! Decided to opt for Philips XV. Searching for the best deal online. May I ask you where did you procure the bubs from and what was the price?