Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2015, 14:40   #16
BHPian

Re: White VW Polo 1.2 TSI - The 'Heart' of the Matter

Congrats prateek for buying the GT! wish you miles of trouble free, safe and joyful motoring.

Great review and pics. a high quality gloss roof wrap would turn the car into a head turner
Old 22nd October 2015, 16:21   #17
BHPian

Re: My White Polo 1.2 TSI - The 'Heart' of the Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
The First Drive!
The DSG does not require the gear button to be pressed when shifting to D to N and vice-versa. This is quite thoughtful as it makes it very convenient to shift to N when in standstill traffic or red lights.
Thanks prateekswarup for this info! I was unaware of this and used to press the gear lever button to move from between "D" and "N". Now it is super convenient in stop go traffic and signals. Surely a thoughtful feature from VW. Just shows their attention to detail in everything.
Old 26th January 2016, 11:50   #18
BHPian

1st inspection at 5200kms / 6 months:

Just recently went to Viraj Automobiles for the 1st inspections scheduled at 6 months or 7500 kms. However, 6 months of ownership has only clocked 5200kms.

Inspection included:
  • Various Oil Top Ups
  • Mechanicals checking

I got a mail from Viraj Automobiles Noida, a week before 6 months of ownership was over, for a request to connect with the service centre for the 1st inspection.

Called the helpline, scheduled and appointment for 12 AM on the coming Saturday. Smooth and quick!

Reached the service centre later than promised. The service centre was quick to follow up during the delay and reconfirmed the appointment. Handed over the keys and asked the service advisor to run me through the process.

Highlights:
  • Free service
  • Mainly to check oil and coolant levels
  • Basic diagnostics to see any major faults / issues

Additional requests from my side:
  • Slight sound from left wheel well on bad roads - confirmed as checked but still there after service. Not loud enough to be irritating, but unnerving in a new car. Maybe the sound is due to the rear mudgaurd being cut on some stones and grinding together. No clarity on this.
  • Two mudguards have be cut due to stones, but service advisor said that they would replace all 4 for Rs. 1200, but will not be able to repair. Maybe will seek local workshop help.
  • Request for lane changing blinks from 3 to 5 - reached late for pickup, the CANBUS team had left by then. Next time.
  • Upgrade the DSG software - D3 to D2 jerk issue - Done. No way to check this.

Wanted to also spend some time to pick the accessories guy for possible rear camera + HU upgrade, but that was not possible due to paucity of time. Will try at the Gurgaon VW.

Purchased the extended 2 year warranty (additional over the 2 years, total now as 4 years) for Rs. 13k for further peace of mind.

Overall cost of inspection - NIL
Overall experience - Good. Since I had to leave the service centre to attend to a few personal things, I was not able to monitor the proceedings rigourously, and hence may not have been able to take a test drive to fine tune the issues, but overall a pleasant experience.

Dealt with Mr. Rajnish at the Service Centre and he was quite knowledgeable.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 07:41   #19
BHPian

Update 11400 km / 11 months - 1st Paid Service:

Can't believe it's been a year already with the beauty. The periodic maintenance notification in the MID with 4 days to go for servicing popped up last weekend.

Called VW Gurgaon for scheduling the service on Saturday morning and was told that I needed to book 2 days in advance to get the service slot. I was like However, a little cajoling, they booked a slot for Sunday.

Since I was leaving for Hisar on Sunday early morning, convinced the service centre to leave the Polo on Saturday evening with a word with the Service Advisor. Will be collecting the Polo on Sunday evening.

This was my first experience with VW Gurgaon, having done the 1st inspection service at VW Noida.

At the Service Centre:

Reached the service centre at 5:00 PM and was promptly connected with an SA from the front desk. However, on discussion realised that the person assigned was on leave on Sunday. Back to the reception and a new SA is assigned.

Spoke to Rahul (the assigned SA) and he came across polite and competent.
The service would involve the following things:
  1. Oil Change (Mag. Pro) - Rs. 3789.00
  2. Oil Filter - Rs. 666.30
  3. Oil plug with Seal - Rs. 166.07
  4. Air Filter - Rs. 389.84
  5. Dust & Pollen Filter - Rs. 660.33
  6. Windshield Cleaner Fluid - Rs. 322.21
Total Cost of Parts / Fluids with Surcharge - Rs. 5977.00

Labour & Other Services:
  1. Labour Cost - Rs. 1919.30
  2. AC Vent Clean - Rs. 1368.00
  3. Consumable - Rs. 171.00
Total Cost of Service with labour & parts - Rs. 9466.00

Other Requests I had asked for & their status:
  1. Bumper touch up for scratches by bikes / cycles - The service centre body shop is located in another place and any body related touch is done there. Sir, would suggest that you take the car their for any body related work. Somehow I fail to understand why a service centre will have a body shop somewhere else? Wouldn't a customer want all the aspects of service - technical and body related be done at one place?
  2. Have mud-flaps replaced as mine were cut due to various stones / bricks in the parking area near my office ripping them off. - Cost quoted as Rs. 1200 but finally could not be done as part did not come from the bodyshop in time.
  3. VCDS related changes - Lane change indicated to be set to 5 clicks rather than the 3 clicks present. Also, got horn indication for lock and unlock.

Interesting observation:
When I asked the SA to get the lane change indication to 5 from 3 clicks, he came back after a while saying that 3 is a fixed number and cannot be changed to 5 in Indian Polos. I gave him a piece of my mind and told him that I know multiple persons who have done this in their Polos and it's not rocket science.
I get a call after a couple of hours that the car is ready but the engineers have not been able to change the lane clicks. I reach the service centre to find a senior technician (As per the SA) sitting with a laptop connected to the Polo, but not making any headway.
Quickly open the team-bhp app, navigate to robimahanta's very informative thread of VCDS coding and steps and guide the engineer to get the job done.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...on-thread.html

The engineer was not able to identify the channel number to make the changes in the VCDS.

Overall Experience
Satisfied. Wished that the body shop would be in the same centre, making it easier to get the touch-ups done at the same time.

Other updates in the last 7500kms of driving:
Ended up blowing out my left hand tyre when I hit a concrete brick (small) on the back roads of Greater Noida. Some idiot had left the brick in the centre of the road after a swooping curve. Even after trying to avoid it, ended up with the sidewall of the left tyre hitting the brick and tyre bursting immediately. Lucky that there was no traffic on the road for any untoward incident.

Ended up replacing the tyre with the same make Goodyears.
Attached Thumbnails
White VW Polo 1.2 TSI - The 'Heart' of the Matter-img_2949-1.jpg  

Last edited by prateekswarup : 30th July 2016 at 07:42. Reason: Grammatical errors
prateekswarup is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks