Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2015, 00:25   #46
BHPian

What a great eulogy to the 'murdered by parent' Fiesta. Every word resonates with me 100%. The timing couldn't have been better to pen this one down. Like you, I keep hoping this beauty will rise from the ashes like a Phoenix, so that I can feel better about its parent Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Isn't there an adage for petrolheads that goes: 'If you don't turn around to steal a glance when you park it and walk away, you've bought the wrong one!' or something on those lines?

I don't think you'll ever be able to walk away from this one without another look, and the silly grin plastered on your face as you do so will always remind the petrolhead in you why this car is NOT JUST A CAR!

for both the purchase and the review!
So true. I do it almost all the time with my Fiesta.
nvramsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 21:01   #47

Hey coolboy, any updates for me?
Old 18th September 2015, 02:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: My American Love - Diamond White Ford Fiesta TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control2freak View Post
Hey coolboy, any updates for me?
Apologies for the delay buddy and thanks for reminding me. Was out of Delhi for a few days so please give me time till tomorrow night and will check it out with my car, will click some screenshots if you want.
Old 18th September 2015, 11:00   #49

It's alright. And yes
Screenshots of the required info will be really helpful.

Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 00:46   #50
Senior - BHPian

Fuel tank damaged
Had just got the car detailed on sunday with an exterior + interior germkleen treatment and was planning to spend some time with this car and click some photos as i had not even touched the car for past 1 month since we got our 320D home, was preparing for a happy 20k kms update before this happened.

My sister had taken the car to Gurgaon and must have hit some speed breaker or sharp pointed object very hard (sister says she does not remember hitting anything ), she called me upon reaching our residence that the car is leaking fuel and i rushed down to inspect. Was shocked to see diesel dripping like crazy from the fuel tank area, the whole rear axle etc were drenched in fuel. Am amazed the car did not run out of fuel mid way or some fire caught up, told my sister on how dangerous it could have been and am amazed that she did not even saw the fuel level indicator falling like anything.

I do not know if the fuel line has ruptured or it is the fuel tank which is damaged, the drops are falling from the tank so i am sure it is damaged. Called Ford's RSA and they were very helpful, have arranged for a flatbed to the workshop tomorrow morning around 11. Will go and personally see how severe the damage is and what all needs to be changed.

Would be sad to see my 13 months old Fiesta up on the flatbed, the car was performing beautifully at 19k kms and there was not even a small niggle until this damage. Will update tomorrow.
My American Love - Diamond White Ford Fiesta TDCi-fiesta-tank.jpg

My American Love - Diamond White Ford Fiesta TDCi-fiesta-tank-2.jpg
Old 27th October 2015, 02:08   #51
BHPian

Oh no... That's really sad. Can understand how difficult feeling it would be.

From the pictures, i doesn't seems to be a major dent/hole. Was it a minor hairline crack or a small minute holes ?

Did you drained the rest of fuel ?
Old 28th October 2015, 22:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant top notch support provided by Ford India

As the events panned out, my car was towed to Harpreet Ford on 27/10/2015. The tow truck arrived by 10:30 AM and took the car away while i left for the service centre around 11:30 AM and reached there by 12:30 PM. The car was put up on lift and the mechanics started diagnosing on what was wrong, the fuel tank was removed and it showed no visible signs of leak. Then they plugged the fuel filter by immersing it in a can of diesel and told me that the car was leaking fuel either via fuel return pipe (there was a small crack) or fuel pump.

I was told that the parts are not in stock and they have placed an order for the same, fuel pump would cost 23k and the fuel return pipe would cost around 7k but the relief was that both parts would be covered under warranty. I was given an ETA of parts by friday evening or saturday morning and car would be ready by Sunday.

I came home and casually shot a mail to Ford about non availability of basic parts/car break down within a year and got a reply within 20 minutes that they are looking into the matter. Received a call from Chennai early morning that they had shipped both parts overnight and my car was being done on priority basis. Received continuous calls from both Ford and my service centre on the work being done on my car.

Got a call at 5:30 PM from the workshop manager that they have rectified the leak by changing that pipe and also replaced fuel pump so i do not face any issue in future I was so happy but did not have time to pick the car up today so would be going tomorrow morning to pick my darling up and bring her home, keeping fingers crossed that the leak is rectified now.

The way Ford handled this entire episode deserves a pat on their back, they have earned a customer for life. They arranged the parts for a car like Fiesta in a day and also got the car readied after reading my mail. If this was Volkswagen and my Vento in place, VW would have casually told me that crack in that pipe is due to my error, pay for it and parts would have taken a week to arrive. I had mentioned in my mail that Ford does not care for those who bought a Fiesta and the guy from chennai told me that there is nothing like it, they have and would always support their customers, especially the new Fiesta owners

Am glad i chose this car over every thing else available, it is a hoot to drive and the service support from its parent company is top notch, they have left no stone unturned to keep me satisfied. Will update after picking the car up tomorrow.
My American Love - Diamond White Ford Fiesta TDCi-fiesta.jpg

My American Love - Diamond White Ford Fiesta TDCi-fiesta-1.jpg

My American Love - Diamond White Ford Fiesta TDCi-fiesta-3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
Oh no... That's really sad. Can understand how difficult feeling it would be.
It was sad to see an year old car getting towed but kudos to Ford, the way they have handled the entire case is praiseworthy.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 28th October 2015 at 22:43.
coolboy007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 08:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

^

Glad to know that Ford was able to find and fix the issue to your total satisfaction. And happy to note their due support for the Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The car was put up on lift and the mechanics started diagnosing on what was wrong, the fuel tank was removed and it showed no visible signs of leak. Then they plugged the fuel filter by immersing it in a can of diesel and told me that the car was leaking fuel either via fuel return pipe (there was a small crack) or fuel pump.
Any idea why the fuel return pipe and/ or fuel pump was leaking? Was it due to a hit to a to the under body as you have mentioned the return pipe was cracked?
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 16:24   #54
BHPian

Take a bow for Ford , that's real CUSTOMER CARE

Its great to see that everything has ended perfectly..!

Ford has always won hearts and not customers and experiences like this are icing on the cake.

OT: I bought a used WagonR and did the mistake of renting a Figo from zoomcar later, realising what driving is all about
RJ411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 17:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thats really top notch service from Ford, hats off to them!

Did you notice any visible damage on the fuel line?
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 17:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

The first major issue has struck my car and it is not the car's fault but stupid dealership people who could not handle a periodic service properly. I was not in India from past few months and only dad/sister were driving this car, it was doing good until i took her for 30k service to Harpreet Ford today.

I had requested for a ac filter change and a parking bulb change as it was fused, they did the service in 3 hours and then gave me a sad news, for some reason the air conditioner stopped working after the ac filter change. I was at the service centre the entire time so can rule out any foul play. We scanned for any error codes but nothing showed up, i mailed Ford and media facebook team and got a call as well after which the dealer's casual attitude stopped, they kept checking it but could not find as to what happened.

Had to go some where so left the car with them and took a cab back home, i can not understand what went wrong with a simple service and a bulb change, the ac was perfectly fine, now the compressor refuses to engage.

This is getting on my nerves now, first the fuel pump and now this issue. Ford would have to talk to one angry customer when they call me tomorrow, would update the findings and how many days they take to repair the car now.

Ford's dealers are so lousy that any advertisement campaigns or any thing wont help until they work on ground level, the service advisors behave like trash and every one follows a casual attitude, the warranty would end this year and like Ecosport, Fiesta would be serviced at an FNG, they are better than these roadside chaps.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 9th August 2016 at 17:45.
Old 12th August 2016, 07:11   #57
BHPian

Hi coolboy007!
Any development on the AC repair? Have the service people been able to fix it?
Old 12th August 2016, 08:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The first major issue has struck my car and it is not the car's fault but stupid dealership people who could not handle a periodic service properly.

I had requested for a ac filter change and a parking bulb change as it was fused, they did the service in 3 hours and then gave me a sad news, for some reason the air conditioner stopped working after the ac filter change. I was at the service centre the entire time so can rule out any foul play. We scanned for any error codes but nothing showed up,

i can not understand what went wrong with a simple service and a bulb change, the ac was perfectly fine, now the compressor refuses to engage.
Hi Buddy, extremely sorry to read this! I had got the A/C filter changed in my car during the 20k kms service and thankfully nothing broke or stopped working. I know I'm late to reply but unless it is something major, could the reason be just that a fuse or a breaker might have conked off? I hope you've got it fixed by this time. Do let us know the reason.

Quote:
Ford's dealers are so lousy that any advertisement campaigns or any thing wont help until they work on ground level, the service advisors behave like trash and every one follows a casual attitude, the warranty would end this year and like Ecosport, Fiesta would be serviced at an FNG, they are better than these roadside chaps.
What I've noticed is, the SAs and the other personnel in the SC are very good when it comes to a routine service and when it's smooth sailing. They are the most sweetest of the people and attend to you with the utmost care. However, come up with a problem and the whole atmosphere changes. People become callous, casual and sometimes, rude as well. It is a hit or a miss with Ford SA and I'm sure the general case with most of the SCs in India.
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:58   #59
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the shoddy service debacle Coolboy007! What's the update?
Old 4th November 2016, 21:47   #60
BANNED

Whit would be the engine life of this Car? I have beeone a custodian A one, in my official capacity, and it has clocked 1.62 L Km in 6 yrs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks