Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 16:14   #61
BHPian

Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

Congratulations KreativeGeek on the new Aspire and an excellent review. Wanted to know how was the transaction with Ford Assurance, what value did they off for your Beat. How was the overall experience with Talera Ford
nikhil_d1106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 16:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Congratulations KreativeGeek on the new Aspire and an excellent review. Wanted to know how was the transaction with Ford Assurance, what value did they off for your Beat. How was the overall experience with Talera Ford
Transaction with Ford Assurance was good in terms of transfer of ownership and satisfactory when it came to valuation of my 2010 Chevrolet Beat LT petrol, I was expecting around 200K on exchange via dealer and maybe could have got 220K-230K if I would have sold it on my own.

FA sales rep was candid about the current brand image Chevrolet has in the market and he did mention to me that if my car would have being in white color I could have fetched another 20-25K extra, another factor was that my car was 1st gen Beat before the upgraded version of S-TEC II engine that was launched in 2011. He also offered me help to connect with a potential buyer if I had chosen to sell the car on my own and not go for exchange.

The sales rep quoted 160K as final price after 2 rounds of negotiation, which was way below my expectation however my car had maintenance and repair work of around 30K which I was not willing to spend and waste more time hunting for buyers so decided to close the deal factoring a loss of 10K on sale value.

Overall pre-sales experience with Talera Ford was positive, I have read some Pune members painting a picture of deserted showroom with picky attitude of sales person, surprisingly I did not face any such issues or rather be bothered about presence of how many people crowd the showroom. The sales executive who was assigned to me was very cooperative throughout the booking and delivery process and I got the car as per the date I wanted in spite of minor delays.
KreativeGeek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 10:09   #63
Senior - BHPian

Congrats KreativeGeek. Yours was one of the reviews that cemented my decision to book my Aspire. I will soon be part of the Aspire family.

BTW what's the story behind your name 'KreativeGeek'.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 21:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Congrats KreativeGeek. Yours was one of the reviews that cemented my decision to book my Aspire. I will soon be part of the Aspire family.

BTW what's the story behind your name 'KreativeGeek'.
Thanks samaspire, and congratulations to you too on becoming member of the 'Aspire' club, glad I could assist in taking your decision to buy this car, hope to see you pen your review on Team-BHP soon.

Story behind 'KreativeGeek' is linked to finalizing a name for my blog in 2005-06 when I was trying to book a domain with the name I had initially decided which was 'Cyber Quest'. This one was already blocked and then I was thinking of an identity which suited my personality for a nerd with a streak of creativity, hence this name.
Old 5th October 2015, 13:52   #65
BHPian

Hi,
Are you planning to register the car out of PMC area?
Just wondering how dealer gave delivery without a number plate. Or was it that you had the car registered but number plates were not installed?

If you have registered in Pune, can you tell me what series you got MH-12-MG or has MH-12-MH already started?
Old 5th October 2015, 16:14   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Hi,
Are you planning to register the car out of PMC area?
Just wondering how dealer gave delivery without a number plate. Or was it that you had the car registered but number plates were not installed?

If you have registered in Pune, can you tell me what series you got MH-12-MG or has MH-12-MH already started?
Car was registered for PMC, I even received SMS confirmation from RTO only number plate was pending to be installed which was done on 7th Sep

I got my number in MF series
Old 5th October 2015, 19:33   #67
BHPian

Hi KG, Do you know the speaker size in your car?
I'm getting my car tomorrow and would like to upgrade the speakers soon.
Old 6th October 2015, 09:12   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Hi KG, Do you know the speaker size in your car?
I'm getting my car tomorrow and would like to upgrade the speakers soon.
I am not sure about the exact size, maybe 4 or 4.5 inch speakers
Old 7th October 2015, 12:07   #69
SJN
BHPian

Congrats KreativeGreek and thanks for the detailed review. I noticed that you have installed the IRVM Rear camera on your car. I was wondering whether to buy it from Ford or from outside since there is good price difference. How is your experience with the camera such as the picture size and visibility in low light? I would appreciate if you can share some photos as well.
SJN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 08:20   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hey KG, I see that you have done 3M paint protection + under body.
1) Is it the paint protection film or spray?
2) What parts did the paint protection cover?
3) how much warranty for the underbody?
Old 8th October 2015, 13:35   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Hey KG, I see that you have done 3M paint protection + under body.
1) Is it the paint protection film or spray?
2) What parts did the paint protection cover?
3) how much warranty for the underbody?

1) Is it the paint protection film or spray? - I think it's Spray based got 3 free application coupons
2) What parts did the paint protection cover? - all exterior portion, when you go for film based option it covers specific areas only
3) how much warranty for the underbody? - 5 years
Old 12th October 2015, 10:34   #72
BHPian

I had got a survey call from some third party last month gathering feedback of Aspire owners.

I shared my issue of a random pattern causing sound to mute on the music system while turning ignition on/off at signal on this survey call.

Earlier this month I got a call from Ford's Gujarat plant and the same RnD engineer from Sanand plant whom I explained this issue visited my place yesterday to check this problem.

We drove from Yerwada on Nagar Road to Mundwa and came back via ABC farms road but during the entire drive of 14-15 km Music System issue did not resurface and this guy was taking notes of time and date I had logged when I got this problem, still the RnD eng told me that he would inform the concerned team to get my HU replaced at dealers workshop and asked me to wait for their call.

He was also getting to know my feedback on the car and I was all praise for the diesel engine at the same time shared feedback on distracting navigation option to browse songs across folders on USB, there is no feature to jump through folders and passed on the common feedback of T-Bhp'ians about door closing sound that has got many worried too, he was not keen to answering all my queries on the spot but definitely noting whatever positive/negative feedback I had to share

Also got to know from him that they have got very good response for the diesel version and mixed feedback from petrol version owners.

It was encouraging to know how serious Ford is with this product :thumbup:and they could have asked me to drop the car at dealers showroom and get this sorted internally, rather than directly connecting a customer with a RnD employee

Last edited by KreativeGeek : 12th October 2015 at 10:36.
KreativeGeek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 13:05   #73
BHPian

Hi KreativeGreek, congrats on your purchase. Golden color looks great. I am also planning to buy an Aspire. I would have loved to buy diesel top end. However, since my wife would also use it, I have to stick to automatic.

Regarding accessories, I am wondering whether I should purchase the IRVM Camera. I am buying reverse parking sensors and my current car also has sensors only. The sensors serve well in the purpose of assisting in reverse gear. Could you please share how does the camera help over and above the sensors? Is it worth paying the 11-12k?
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 13:41   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Hi KreativeGreek, congrats on your purchase. Golden color looks great. I am also planning to buy an Aspire. I would have loved to buy diesel top end. However, since my wife would also use it, I have to stick to automatic.

Regarding accessories, I am wondering whether I should purchase the IRVM Camera. I am buying reverse parking sensors and my current car also has sensors only. The sensors serve well in the purpose of assisting in reverse gear. Could you please share how does the camera help over and above the sensors? Is it worth paying the 11-12k?
It boils down to individual comfort level when choosing amongst both options, My wife's i10 has sound based sensors which work well for a car of that size, using IRVM camera helps me to park Aspire safely in tight parking spots and gives me slightly better judgement of how far is my car from a wall/pillar etc.
I have damaged my earlier cars most of the time in parking lots rather than any scratches & dents caused while driving on road, so I wanted to be safe this time with Aspire without bothering about the extra cost involved.

I would be posting IVRM display pics soon, another member has also requested it on this thread.
KreativeGeek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 15:54   #75
BHPian

The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-1444818036941.jpg
Attached is a pic of IRVM camera display (sorry for the poor pic quality)

There is no additional info on the display apart from the standard grid, brightness can be adjusted via power On/Off button. Daytime visibility is decent and not very bad but you may have to reduce brightness in harsh sunlight to adjust for contrast in order to get better view
KreativeGeek is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks