Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 13:34   #31
BHPian

Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

Congratulations on your purchase. Aspire seems to tick most of the boxes for a family car - comfortable seats, good driving comfort, excellent looks without too much of curves, high quality interiors and decent fuel economy. Hope Ford A.S.S also keeps up with the quality. In chennai, my colleagues have positive feedback about this.

I haven't seen a single aspire on the road yet.

Does your car backseat folds 60-40 or tumble down for extra boot space when needed?

I am in the market for a hatch and waiting for Figo launch next week. The pictures seen on Internet and the dealer shops seems to indicate nearly identical looks like aspire in the front (a good thing), hopefully the interiors also have acceptable quality.

Wishing you many more happy miles with your car.
baskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 14:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
I agree on this, consumers always stand to benefit with little deep research and effective bargaining skills put to use, when I spoke to Bajaj Allianz agent directly he was offering around max Rs 1500-1700 discount only against price quoted by dealer. When I tried to push him for more discount he started ranting his sales pitch so I left it there.
Well! I can only imagine the pain in negotiating against such aggressive and senseless pitches.

Anyways, enjoy the car and if you ever need any assistance with insurance, message me.

Happy miles.
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 14:41   #33
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations KreativeGeek!! Wish you many miles of happiness. The interiors look really nice. From outside, the car looks like a proper sedan and not a hatchback with an added boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I really envy that Aspire owners have more features (Sync with Applink, MyKey etc) & more power (90 vs 100 hp in Diesel) than Ecosport which i am currently using
Is it a difference in tuning of the two engines? In that case can you not go for an ECU refresh/swap/upgrade?
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 15:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Does your car backseat folds 60-40 or tumble down for extra boot space when needed?

I am in the market for a hatch and waiting for Figo launch next week. The pictures seen on Internet and the dealer shops seems to indicate nearly identical looks like aspire in the front (a good thing), hopefully the interiors also have acceptable quality.
I don't think Figo Aspire has full or partial rear seat folding option, upcoming revamped Figo carries the same front bumper design and in fact the car manual I have got with Figo Aspire also carries parallel instructions for new Figo on many pages with illustrations.
Old 16th September 2015, 15:24   #35

Congrats on your new ride buddy, happy motoring on the new set of wheels.
The sea of beige inside is a bit too much but that is just my opinion. I have members of my family who simply love beige in their cars.
Old 16th September 2015, 18:05   #36
BHPian

I recently was in Jaipur for a day and came across three Aspires on the road, all different colors. In NCR on other hand, have hardly seen a couple of them so far. Consider it a pure coincident. Moreover, yet to come across a S-Cross on the road whereas Creta is quite commonplace.

I think in another months it will be clear that how many dispatches actually are converting into deliveries.
Old 16th September 2015, 21:51   #37

Congratulations on the brand new acquisition. I've been going through exactly the same options as you have, petrol variants though, and came to the same conclusion - Aspire seems to be the best choice. The only doubt I have - this being the first time I would be buying a Ford - is after sales, service and maintenance costs. Did you research or ask around here how good the Ford service is? Have been with Maruti and Hyundai so far and quite happy with them, but was willing to try the Aspire out. Any reviews of the Ford Service? Are they able to match the competition, now that theyve had reasonable success with the figo and ecosport? or is it still a weak link?
Old 17th September 2015, 13:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
Congratulations on the brand new acquisition. I've been going through exactly the same options as you have, petrol variants though, and came to the same conclusion - Aspire seems to be the best choice. The only doubt I have - this being the first time I would be buying a Ford - is after sales, service and maintenance costs. Did you research or ask around here how good the Ford service is? Have been with Maruti and Hyundai so far and quite happy with them, but was willing to try the Aspire out. Any reviews of the Ford Service? Are they able to match the competition, now that theyve had reasonable success with the figo and ecosport? or is it still a weak link?
I would suggest speaking to Ford owners if you can in your vicinity to get feedback of the closest dealer and maybe even search dealer related thread on Team BHP and decide.

When you compare service network of Maruti/Hyundai vs. Ford the numbers obviously favor the latter, and dealer complaints prevail for all car companies only because of smaller after sales footprint of manufacturers below the top 3 or top 5 category their complaints and issues spread by word of mouth/social media deter us from even considering a product better than a Maruti, Hyundai or a Honda car.

This debate can go on endlessly but in the end you should feel convinced about the car you are buying, perception of customer service can be subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
I recently was in Jaipur for a day and came across three Aspires on the road, all different colors. In NCR on other hand, have hardly seen a couple of them so far. Consider it a pure coincident. Moreover, yet to come across a S-Cross on the road whereas Creta is quite commonplace.

I think in another months it will be clear that how many dispatches actually are converting into deliveries.
This is turning out to be sold but not to be seen kind of mystery, I have spotted 2 Creta's, 1 S-Cross and 1 Aspire in Pune until now, as I quoted earlier we should expect to see more of these cars during the ongoing festive season also considering waiting periods which vary as per variant chosen by the customer.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th September 2015 at 13:22. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 17th September 2015, 13:37   #39
BHPian

The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-1442476268478.jpg
The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium-1442476285498.jpg
Pics of my Asus Zenfone 2 placed in the MyDock panel, it holds the phone firmly in place, yet to test it's grip while driving.

You don't have to worry about wire passing through the central console while attached to some mobile holder accessory. Charging cable gets concealed inside.

Last edited by KreativeGeek : 17th September 2015 at 13:40.
KreativeGeek is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 13:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

I see your phone fits to the hilt here. Whats the screen size? Larger phones will have a problem. 6S Plus is a no no, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Attachment 1415698
Attachment 1415699
Pics of my Asus Zenfone 2 placed in the MyDock panel, it holds the phone firmly in place, yet to test it's grip while driving.

You don't have to worry about wire passing through the central console while attached to some mobile holder accessory. Charging cable gets concealed inside.
Old 17th September 2015, 13:53   #41
BHPian

Zenfone 2 has display size of 5.5 inches & when it comes to horizontally placing mobile like iPhone 6 plus it may not fit in
Old 17th September 2015, 19:39   #42

Attachment 1414567
Lower portion of central console panel touching co-passenger seat, awkwardly sculpted!

First of thank you for the detailed user review. This is my first post on T-BHP.

This is the way most of the Ford cars are sculpted. I have seen this in the Ford Figo, Eco-Sport and the Fiesta Classic. They all have this alignment and is probably Ford's way of making the driver area of the car feel more spacious and give a little more room for the driver than the passenger.

I'll owners of Ford Endeavor comment of this type of alignment of the centre console in the Endeavor.
Old 18th September 2015, 11:43   #43

Quote:
Current Mileage I have got is around 17.3 kmpl and it was in fact at 16.9 kmpl after I returned from my Mumbai trip and climbed up to current level after driving it for a week in the city.
Congratulations on your new car!
17.3 kmpl is pretty impressive for a new car. I'm sure it'll go up after the engine runs-in.
rahul0388 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 12:45   #44
BHPian

Congratulations KreativeGeek.
Can you tell us where the 4 speakers are located (in the four doors?) and any idea what the size speakers are fitted. I looked through the manual, but there is no mention of location or size.
Raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 13:21   #45
BHPian

Hi KreativeGeek,

Congrats on your Aspire. Wish you many happy and safe miles and smiles with your new car. You have made the right choice.

The report is very comprehensive and that is one eye catching colour! Until the official review comes out, your review will keep forum readers busy.

A question: why was the Tata Zest not in your shortlist? It's a competent car (remember, Team-BHP car of the year ). Was it because of Tata's pathetic ASC?

Congrats again!

Keep revvin'
Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks