Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:02   #31
BHPian

Re: My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover

Congrats v&V,

I hooked to the forum after a long gap and here you are with such a fabulous machine . Very detailed and crisp review. Wishing you happy driving experience. Hope you also have your DICOR 2.2 intact
Old 24th September 2015, 10:42   #32
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Congrats V&V.
Any issues you are facing at all (after long drives)?
Thanks FuelInjector. Absolutely no issues. I have in fact clocked nearly 3000kms on the X1 as of now , must say the more i drive the more i am confident about this machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Congrats v&V,

I hooked to the forum after a long gap and here you are with such a fabulous machine . Very detailed and crisp review. Wishing you happy driving experience. Hope you also have your DICOR 2.2 intact
Thanks Lalit. Welcome back bro. Yes my Dicor is still with me and ready to take on highways as-ever
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 16:42   #33
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Update on first visit to Service Center for brake fluid change

The booking process at Deutsche Motoren was seamless and got the appointment for the desired day. Whole experience at service center was premium. The appointed SA knew history of my car and i didn't had any problems to report. So job-card opening was quick. Official records and emails were updated as all updates are communicated via email. Whole work took about 3 hrs.

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2038a-large.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2039b-large.jpg

Services done :
Brake fluid change : Rs 2800 covered under BSI
Transmission rubber mounting changed : Rs 8000 covered under BSI

Picked a Freshener kit :Costed 2k.
Net payment paid : Rs 2k.

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2040-large.jpg

I could observe most of the cars were either bought by drivers or were picked. I was the only owner there on that day. Overall the experience was very good.
Old 5th October 2015, 18:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
I could observe most of the cars were either bought by drivers or were picked. I was the only owner there on that day. Overall the experience was very good.
It is the same story at Bird Auto, Gurgaon as well. Barring people like us who can not let others touch their cars, every one else opts for pick up or send their driver. Brake fluid service was a scheduled change but did they give you any reason as to why the transmission mounting was changed? Was the rubber damaged?

How is the service level and technical knowledge of the staff at Deutsche motoren? Where is the service centre located? Had gone to Bird, Gurgaon for alignment in my new 320D and even they they were working very hard and wanted to help as much as they could, i found them a bit low on technical knowledge, they were not able to fully solve the issue. Might give a try to Deutsche next.
Old 6th October 2015, 12:03   #35
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brake fluid service was a scheduled change but did they give you any reason as to why the transmission mounting was changed? Was the rubber damaged?
coolboy007.. Yes the brake fluid was a scheduled change. As for mounting i had asked for an underbody inspection. Post inspection they informed as one of the mounts had developed a small crack.

Quote:
How is the service level and technical knowledge of the staff at Deutsche motoren? Where is the service centre located?
Its located at Moti nagar and the previous owner was very happy with the service and support. So i preferred to go there. Still its too early to comment on technical knowledge. IMO overall its a small setup with good team.
Old 11th October 2015, 17:01   #36
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Update on spare wheel..

Finally bought the spare wheel from Deutsche motoren. It was not available ex stock. Request was placed and got it after a week. Packaging is neat and takes less than i was space than i was expecting.

Cost : Rs 26xxx. Didnt remember the exact figure. Will check the bill and update the exact amount.

Sharing some pics..

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2103-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2100-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2102-medium.jpg

Tool bag
My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2105-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2099-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2106-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2091-medium.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 11th October 2015 at 17:06.
Old 15th October 2015, 14:07   #37
v&v
Senior - BHPian

First vacation drive to Kandaghat (Near Shimla 365 Kms one way)

First impromptu vacation in our beemer was pure joy to ride on some good roads. Hill drive was simply amazing and overtaking was a breeze. Unlike my Safari, were one need to frequently shift between 2nd and 3rd gear, auto was super smooth. Body-roll was almost non existent.

Most importantly the run flats never troubled. Kept 32 psi on front and 36 psi at rear tyre. Overall very comfortable journey. Overall Average was about 14km/L.

Though the luggage space was bit tight but managed with one 20 incher, one 24 incher suite-case and one small bags can easily fit it.
Looking forward to many more.. GQ drive on beemer is surely on cards now.

Some were on chail road - Ultimate driving machine @ Machine
My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-s0160016-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-s0040004-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-s0070007-medium.jpg

Club Mahindra - Kandaghat
My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-s0369098-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-s0489114-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-s0549120-medium.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 15th October 2015 at 14:25.
v&v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 20:15   #38
BHPian

Wonderful masterpiece. How is your Beamer treating you now ? I plan for the same upgrade next year but have my restrictions on budget. So would prefer pre-owned X1. Did you try BMW India in-house pre-owned car service ? If yes, then please let me know the feedback as they seem to offer similar benefits. I somehow have second thoughts on dealers especially offering premium vehicles.
Old 26th October 2015, 10:32   #39
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Wonderful masterpiece. How is your Beamer treating you now ? I plan for the same upgrade next year but have my restrictions on budget. So would prefer pre-owned X1. Did you try BMW India in-house pre-owned car service ? If yes, then please let me know the feedback as they seem to offer similar benefits. I somehow have second thoughts on dealers especially offering premium vehicles.

Thanks spoth001. Must say an addictive vehicle, its munching miles.. went of another drive to Bharatpur

I did search for BMW certified pre-owned, didn't had X1 , X3, 3 & 5 Series were on offering and were way off my budget. Also the quotes were higher than the used car market prices.

IMO try to buy direct from buyer, thats were you can crack a sweet deal and try to find one with BSI package.

Journey computer summary for our Kandaghat,Himachal trip
My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-2193.jpg
Old 28th October 2015, 11:25   #40
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Another trip to Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur. (482 kms)

As i ride more , this amazing machine is growing on me and slowly i am feeling confident to take to places and drives like i used to do with my Tata Safari.

Feedback based on 1200+ kms on highways drive with family. Fully loaded X1 is comfortable to drive , less bouncy , family didn't complain any about rough ride or tiredness. Most comfortable range to dirve is between 90 - 120 kmph. In this range one gets about 15+ average too.

We took Yamuna expressway and state higway Mathura - Bharatpur, which is now newly tarred too. it has some nasty bumpers. No under-body scrape whatsoever.

Another interesting observation about YEW , i have now traveled 3 trips on Yamuna express way, driven my X1 on all kinds of speed and to my surprise i never got a speed violation warning. But with Safari or Octavia RS , every barrier the speed violation warning would pop up even you maintain a constant 100 kmph. Didnt understand why have they increased the speed limit ?

Second one new feature discovered : During our run on Mathura - Bharatpur road a Desire taxi trying(opposite direction) overtake a truck was too close to us and just for safety i try to close the side mirrors, it wont budge eventually i have to get down of the tarmac and stopped to check and it was working. I decided to drive with close mirrors as the traffic from opposite was high and some of them were driving like its now or never. To my surprise as my car crossed 50kmph , the side mirrors opened automatically and then it wont budge to close unless you are less than 50 kmph. This made me feel so helpless. Any overrides ?

1. Always thrilled to drive more more and more... I need to plan a GQ drive.
2. Good mileage. I have been getting almost 13(Bharatpur trip was the worst as i was driving on all kinds of speed). Best was 17+
3. Mile muncher.. Reach destination faster, absolutely fresh and no tiredness.
4. Butter smooth overtaking even on hills lots of power on disposal. No lag whatsoever.
5. Badge respect , on highways and eways people automatically give you side on right lane. There are exceptions. I was surprised that even a "Lalbatti Fortuner" gave side on eway.
6. Happy with the GC, no under body scrapes till now.
7. Faster Stop Start. Like on highways one has to frequently slow down, then reaching to cursing speed to takes time but on X1 its a breeze. So one can maintain higher average speeds.
8. Even you get road-respect from state buses and truckers.
9. Super power-full headlights and dipper, night driving very convenient.

Dislikes & Wishes
1. Dips on road gets amplified a lot at higher speed.
2. Wish a little more space in cabin and boot. Yeh dil always manage more...
3. Wish interiors were all black, beige needs a lot of maintenance and care.

Overall very much satisfied and looking forward to lots of drive. Itching to take it to Himalayas... looking forward to it soon.

Outside Hotel Bharatpur Ashok
My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-img_2801.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-img_2814.jpg

Was pushed out by a Taxi from opposite.. GC saved
My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-img_2817.jpg

Trip Summary
My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-img_2825.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 28th October 2015 at 11:34.
v&v is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 16:38   #41
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Update on scheduled service. BM clocked another 5k+ in 4 months since i last updated.
Observation from my side was only about Horn. I felt the low frequency one was not working properly.

Other request from my side : AC deodorizing and fuel additive.

Ac deoderizing costed : Rs 4500/- and Fuel additive about Rs 950/-

I need to pay Rs 7539.00 rest all was covered under BSI.
Must say parts are very costly. Horn pair cost about Rs 6000/- .

The schedule service has all filters and oil change as per CBS. Later on inspection it was found the left shock absorber too need replacement due to leakage. As it needed to be ordered, it took one extra day. Horn was also replaced.

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-3811.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-3809.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-3810.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-3808.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 8th March 2016 at 16:40.
Old 9th March 2016, 09:20   #42
v&v
Senior - BHPian

One more info .. BMW is now selling diesel additives under their brand BMW Group. 100 ml can costs Rs 950. To be mixed with tankful.

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457495333.011499.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457495346.734443.jpg
v&v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:54   #43
v&v
Senior - BHPian

#BMWstories
Update after 1800 kms after Service. Feels like the additive has improved throttle response little bit will give the final verdict after 5k kms.

X1 is slowly growing on me and with every drive i am feeling confident to take it to places like my Safari. Went for another vacation to Lansdowne - Haridwar via interior uttrakhand route (Gumkhal (29.887810, 78.673509) - Silogi-Rishikesh), Najibabad - Corbett - Delhi about 1100 kms. Excellent mileage of 13.8 kmpl.

It was fun driving on all kinds of road. Also crossed to 50k mile stone too.

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-dscn0762-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-dscn0678-medium.jpg

My pre-worshipped BMW X1 (E84) - Titanium Silver Crossover-dscn06931-medium.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 22nd March 2016 at 19:06.
Old 22nd March 2016, 23:14   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
#BMWstories
Update after 1800 kms after Service. Feels like the additive has improved
Great going v&v, you are having a lot of fun with your X1 and feels nice to know that you are slowly taking her to where you used to take your Safari, congrats on clocking the 50k mark.

For the shock absorber, did you mention anything to them or they caught it out on their own? Happy to see that BMW covers the entire suspension till the 50k mark, shows the confidence that they have in their products.
Old 23rd March 2016, 00:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for keeping the thread updated. Just read from the start coz you had everything covered!

Q: changing the tyres to tubless wont void the warranty?

Didn't know that the space saver is so puny @ 135/80 though!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks