Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 19:08   #16
BHPian

Re: A Renault Kwid comes home

Congrats on the car... looks absolutely brilliant in that colour.

I have also fallen in love with the kwid myself and hoping to get my mom to upgrade to the kwid to replace her alto as well.

Will be following your thread very closely because one of my main concerns is that the closest renault showroom/service centers is about 120 kms from where my folks live.
Old 18th November 2015, 20:04   #17
BHPian

Congratulations Abhinav for your new k(w)id. Its looks like a true VFM car. I also went to TD the kwid, want to gift my wife a new car on her birthday. Test drove it and came back smiling too. Was actually waiting for an owners review like yours to firm up my decision. Thanks for sharing buddy.
Old 18th November 2015, 22:09   #18
BHPian

Congrats Abhinav for your new car. This color goes very well with the car, saw one last week and I couldn't resist myself to give it a second look. The front grille and the raised stance adds character to the extremely beautiful looking budget car. All the best and happy driving.
Old 18th November 2015, 22:55   #19
BHPian

Congrats on buying the new kid on the block!

That was one heck of a first post! Enjoyed reading the review and thanks for the same.

The Kwid makes a strong case for itself as a first car as well as a second car for urban runs. Its looks always amaze me, the Kwid's design is very refreshing in a segment where the other cars look quite unappealing. I would rate this an even better looker than the Eon.

Also, the interior looks good. It is interesting to look at without being flashy at the same time. The touchscreen is nice move by Renault.

Keep us posted about the car and your future experience with Renault as I am sure that a lot of people would be glued to this thread for updates.

Keep revvin' the three pot!
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 00:20   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. Looks absolutely dashing and what a great VFM, a touchscreen system or 4 lakh car, damn I wish I had one in mine. The service centers will hopefully improve as more cars are sold.
Old 19th November 2015, 08:14   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on the Kwid and thanks for the amazing write up!

I have never actually like the brand Renault, but as soon as I saw the Kwid's Looks, Pricing and Mileage, it is the most VFM car now IMO. Kudos for getting the variant with the airbag and I must say, that color really suits the car. This is the first Kwid Ownership Review on Team-BHP I think.

Wishing You & Your dad many more happy and safe miles with this car!

-Adhi
Old 19th November 2015, 10:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Kwid. Really VFM car. And the price.

I have a couple of questions.

In case you have driven the Eon, how is the performance in comparison. Also, like other 800cc engines, does the gear lever vibrate ?
Old 19th November 2015, 11:49   #23
BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase and excellent 1st post wish you many safe miles on your ride

couple of questions
1. How does it perform on steep incline - better or worse than Alto
2. Already raised question - vibrations on the pedals/gear lever. If there is any how bad is it?
Old 19th November 2015, 12:29   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Congrats on the Kwid. Really VFM car. And the price.

I have a couple of questions.

In case you have driven the Eon, how is the performance in comparison. Also, like other 800cc engines, does the gear lever vibrate ?
1. I have not driven the Eon but in isolation performance is adequate keeping in mind it is an 800cc mill. With a full load of passengers and luggage + AC it will struggle as is the case with others. The car is peppy until 80/90 kmph after which the progress slows down .

2. The gear lever does not vibrate like in the other cars. But the engine noise and the NVH levels in general are not well damped. It does sound a little rough.

Regards
Abhinav R
Abhinav R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 12:50   #25
BHPian

Congratulations @Abhinav for your new buy. I am sure your dad must have been super proud to get such a wonderful gift from his son.

A very informative review by you which I am sure is going to be helpful to many.

Wish your dad many happy miles on his new beast.
Old 19th November 2015, 17:52   #26
BHPian

Firstly, wishing you a warm welcome to TEAM-BHP and secondly, Congratulations on buying the Renault Kwid !!

What a post to kick start your journey on this Forum Wish you endless miles on both .... your journey on Team-BHP and with the new Kwid on the block in your garage.

From the time I have seen the car in flesh on the tarmac, I have become of fan of it's looks from the price perspective. Renault has indeed turned the tables of the basic equation of What You Pay : What You Get and many other Car Manufacturers may well take the back seat if the Kwid takes off well with a continual steady growth in volumes on a MTM basis. The numbers shall do the talking in the Long Run.

I sighted this Renault Kwid a few days ago in Kolkata, standing beside my friend's Honda City; the stance looks very impressive indeed for a Small Hatch of the given price bracket. Sharing a Picture of the same :

A Renault Kwid comes home-kwid.jpg

What is amazing to know is that it fits 5 generously as you mentioned and the Fuel Efficiency is also surprisingly awesome. However, the Mess Up at the Dealer Level is something which is unwanted and uncalled for and Renault should focus on this if it wants to make the Kwid it's bread & butter in the times to come.

Keep the thread updated as lots of people shall be glued to it to know how it's been performing. The story narrated by you shall sow the seeds of the prospective buyers for the Kwid.

Happy Kwid'ing Once Again !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 20:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Firstly, wishing you a warm welcome to TEAM-BHP and secondly, Congratulations on buying the Renault Kwid !!

What a post to kick start your journey on this Forum Wish you endless miles on both .... your journey on Team-BHP and with the new Kwid on the block in your garage.

From the time I have seen the car in flesh on the tarmac, I have become of fan of it's looks from the price perspective. Renault has indeed turned the tables of the basic equation of What You Pay : What You Get and many other Car Manufacturers may well take the back seat if the Kwid takes off well with a continual steady growth in volumes on a MTM basis. The numbers shall do the talking in the Long Run.

I sighted this Renault Kwid a few days ago in Kolkata, standing beside my friend's Honda City; the stance looks very impressive indeed for a Small Hatch of the given price bracket. Sharing a Picture of the same :

Attachment 1441403

What is amazing to know is that it fits 5 generously as you mentioned and the Fuel Efficiency is also surprisingly awesome. However, the Mess Up at the Dealer Level is something which is unwanted and uncalled for and Renault should focus on this if it wants to make the Kwid it's bread & butter in the times to come.

Keep the thread updated as lots of people shall be glued to it to know how it's been performing. The story narrated by you shall sow the seeds of the prospective buyers for the Kwid.

Happy Kwid'ing Once Again !!
the size of the Kwid as compared to the City is indeed intimidating. Only hoping Renault can live up to the delivery pressures and make this a grand success..

and brilliant ownership review of the Kwid
Old 19th November 2015, 22:45   #28
BHPian

Awesome review and congrats for acquiring the baby Renault.
The color complements the design of the car really well.
Two queries: How well does the car hold on inclines with AC On and Full Load?
What has been the real time Fuel efficiency for you?
Old 20th November 2015, 12:46   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Congrats Abhinav. If Renault can do some aggressive marketing by highlighting the 'pros' and also to take care of 'customer handling', then this car can potentially bring Renault to limelight here.
Even the name 'kwid' is eyecatching for me.
This car does have some basic flaws, but there are so many good things to pull the potential buyers towards it.
Hi Abhinav, congrats and wishing you many more happy miles on your kwid. Saw one in flesh for the first time yesterday, much as Creta looks like a min-santafe, kwid looks like a mini-duster. Great purchase and VFM I would say.
Hi Kavensri, what is the basic flaw that you're mentioning??
Old 20th November 2015, 16:06   #30
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car Abhinav. Wish many happy miles to both you & your dad!

My cousin too is contemplating booking one. What we liked was the muscular stance of the car, the FE, and the price point at which it is available.

We heard from someone that the quality of the touchscreen infotainment system is not up to the mark and touchscreen is not very responsive. How has been your experience with it so far ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks