Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 09:54   #46
BHPian

Re: The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
1) Where is the 5th tyre placed? Under the boot

2) Is the 5th tyre too with aloy? The fifth tyre in a normal tyre, of R15 configuration, and that also of MRF. You have to inflate it to 34 psi pressure when you have to use it to match other tyres. Other stock tyres are all Apollo. Explanation given by Nexa was that it was to doubly identify the spare tyre with other tyres. I found it very wierd, but also found similar thing in the new Jazz where the spare tyre is smaller and of a different brand than other tyres. But to say the least its a bit weird.
Thanks for the replies.
1) So the Boot space seen at showroom is fully available right? How easy is it to remove the spare tyre? Did you try?
2) Any idea if is it safe to ride longer with the spare tyre?
Old 10th December 2015, 11:50   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Thanks for the replies.
1) So the Boot space seen at showroom is fully available right? How easy is it to remove the spare tyre? Did you try?
2) Any idea if is it safe to ride longer with the spare tyre?
Yes the entire boot space is available for use and the entire boot floor area is completely flat bed. The setup of the spare tyre is very similar to all maruti cars and it wasn't a deal to access / remove the spare tyre.

As per my RM , given the tyre is of a slightly smaller profile and hence needs to be more inflated , it is preferable to use to strictly as spare only and not for very long distances.
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 15:12   #48
BHPian

Update post first free service.

Yes, its already a month since the Beast was purchased and it had run close to 900 kms in total before going for its first service. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable first month of ownership.

Navnit Nexa (Andheri West), from where I had purchased my Beast, has its workshop in Thane. They were following up with me to give my car to them for servicing. I reverted to them that the round distance from home to their workshop was over 50 kms apart from paying entry and exit toll of Rs. 70/-, all in the name of free service was unacceptable to me, and that I would prefer it giving to an authorized service centre nearer to home. The service manager promised to get back to me with a sweeter deal. He instantly reverted that one of the "premium" offerings of Nexa was that an authorised person will come and pick up the car from your home and deliver it back to you the same day and hence would save the hassle for me to drive the distance to their workshop and get it back, which was acceptable to me. But I was in no mood to pay for the petrol expenses I would incur just for getting my car serviced at their outlet. To his, he reverted a couple of days later that for each of my first year service (first month, sixth month and twelve month), I would be given a Rs. 400/- coupon every time, which I can redeem against any labour expenses at their service outlet. This was a reasonably sweet deal and I agreed to give my Beast to them for first service atleast to start with. All new users of Baleno could similarly haggle with their service centres and get a good deal.

Anticipating heavy rush for cars to be serviced on a Saturday, I had pre-booked the time 10 days in advance so as to avoid last minute hassle. Sharp at 8 am on 12/Dec/15, as communicated by them their person came to pick my car, patiently took my feedback on every matter pertaining to the car and my driving experience, noted tiniest of scratches on the car (to avoid any issued when returning the car), ensured all relevant papers are there in the glove box and took the car for service. He committed that the car would be given back before 4 pm and I did receive it by 3 pm. In between the service manager called me post car checkup to confirm that there was nothing worth servicing apart from routine activities conducted for first free service and that all fluid/ oil levels have been topped up as per manual. He also confirmed that there are no charges, and what impressed me was that he asked me whether I would fine in paying Rs. 60/- towards the glass cleaning fluid which they had put in apart from 2 sachets of extra fluids which would be kept in the glove box for future use. I agreed to the same. I was a bit tentative before this as to what they would do and directly bill me, but overall this approach of even asking me before spending Rs. 60/- impressed me. It tallied with the bill given at the time of delivery. Apart from the same, the car was very nicely cleaned both inside and outside and smaller scratches were also done away with. I also received my first Rs. 400/- coupon from them. All in all, a very impressive show by Navnit Nexa on the service front and no complaints. I doubt that had I taken my car to other authorized MSIL service centres, I would have got this treatment.

Update on the myNexa Card
I am attaching here a snapshot of the MyNexa card that I received.
The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)-20151216_144705.jpg
Given there was limited information in this fora on this car,I am writing here the brief details of the card:
  1. It is a normal card issued my MSIL and not a co-branded credit card as earlier speculated
    Every point earned on the card would give you Rs. 0.75 worth of benefits which can be used to purchase accessories and joining bonus of 200 points is credited upfront.
    7 points are credited for every Rs. 150 spent on the card
    1400 points in case of a successful referral
    8000 points in case of exchange bonus
    Invites for premium/ exclusive events.
you get an online access where you can get all the details (refer to www.nexaexperience.com)

Apart from this, there is a Nexa co-branded credit card of HDFC, which is also something which customers can buy separately (details on www.nexaexperience.com)
abhik897 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 16:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt that had I taken my car to other authorized MSIL service centres, I would have got this treatment.
Since you live in the area, surely check out Vitesse which is a stone's throw from NEXA. I have been going to them for last 12+ years now and have been extremely impressed with them at all times. My cars to them have included Esteem, 800, Swift, SX4 and now Dzire!

Last month I interacted with someone dealing with NEXA vehicles at the service center and was quite impressed. I suggest you check it out as it will save you the risk of sending your car all the way to Thane. If you have time you can also spend time right there and they have a good waiting lounge with some pretty decent coffee

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 17th December 2015 at 16:45.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 18:22   #50
BHPian

Congrats on getting the Baleno very lovely Color my favorite too have a wonderful and safe motoring !!

Good review indeed, yet another one on Teambhp.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 11:10   #51
BHPian

Thanks for the service report
Wanted to know your feedback on the body strength esp the doors
Had you seen this?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3868106
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 15:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Since you live in the area, surely check out Vitesse which is a stone's throw from NEXA.
Hey avdhesh15, thanks for your suggestion. Shall explore the same when I need to next send the Beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
Congrats on getting the Baleno very lovely Color my favorite too
Thanks Sunsh!nes for your wishes. I agree with you that the Ray Blue colour does give the Baleno slightly distinctive look and appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Thanks for the service report
Wanted to know your feedback on the body strength esp the doors
Had you seen this?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3868106
Hey Rajesh, I did the above thread and also about similar concerns on the matter. Post reading the same I actually tried the same at various points in the car - the bonnet, doors, dicky door etc and I didn't find it to be true what has been quoted above. I agree that the doors may not be as heavy as the older Fords did, but it certainly not as "Tin"ny as its made out to be.
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 12:59   #53
BHPian

Update: Seat Covers and Floor Carpet work done

The last bit of interior work was completed with floor carpet lamination and seat cover work. Work done at Laxmi Auto (Koliwada, Sion). Autofoam seat cover was available for 5900 odd, but only in Jet Black, which I didn't prefer. Ordered a custom made Art Leather (Nappa) in 2 tone (with only aim of ease of maintenance) of Dark grey and tan orange. Floor Carpet is in Jet black colour.
Entire work took about 3 hours or so, and neatly done.
Cleaning the car floor now is very easy with this new carpet, as earlier given the floor had a cloth carpet, was difficult to clean. Highly recommended for all Baleno owners.
Attaching pics for reference.
1. Floor Carpet/ Lamination
The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)-20151219_104415.jpg
The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)-20151219_104509.jpg

2. Seat Covers
The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)-20151219_104424.jpg
The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)-20151219_104435.jpg
The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)-20151219_104518.jpg
The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)-20151219_104447.jpg

Total damage to the wallet
1. Floor Lamination = 2000 (incl. labour)
2. Seat Covers = 8000 (incl. labour)

Last edited by abhik897 : 19th December 2015 at 13:04.
abhik897 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 17:00   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Seat Covers and Floor Carpet work done
Abhishek, did you also check out the seat covers offered by Nexa? The ones in two tone black & silver finish in art leather? If yes, how was the quality and what was the cost?
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 19:22   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Abhishek, did you also check out the seat covers offered by Nexa? The ones in two tone black & silver finish in art leather? If yes, how was the quality and what was the cost?
My Nexa person who was handling accessories had showcased 2 options in art leather. One for 8k which was in full black with some patterns in the middle area. But this was out of stock for sometime. There was one more which was in stock for 9.5 k which was in dark grey and had some portions of velvet in between and was in stock. He shared with me the WhatsApp images of both and I was tossing between having them put when giving the car for first service and having this one which I have put. Frankly, I didn't like the one which was shown second time to me.
The one which you are telling about a 2 tone in black and silver is of premium art leather category and I guess that was priced around 13k. The nexa guy had sent me images of that and it did look, but was way beyond my budget.
But do note that every week there are some new accessories of the Baleno which are hitting the stores, hence you will need to keep in touch with the Nexa guys regularly. Also for some more time I guess most of the stock is coming in limited quantity hence availability might be an issue for sometime.
abhik897 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 23:44   #56
BHPian

Hi abhik897,hope you are having a good time with the beast.
I have a query, does the alpha variant get a cd player?
Old 1st January 2016, 09:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Hi abhik897,hope you are having a good time with the beast.
I have a query, does the alpha variant get a cd player?
Hi dekher,
There is no CD player facility in alpha variant. You have option for usb and aux, apart from radio.
Thanks
Abhishek
Old 1st January 2016, 13:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hi Abhik,
Could you kindly tell me how much is the Odo right now and what is the FE you are getting including the usage pattern with AC on and off. Thanks.
Old 1st January 2016, 21:58   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Hi Abhik,
Could you kindly tell me how much is the Odo right now and what is the FE you are getting including the usage pattern with AC on and off. Thanks.
Hi harry,
I have driven nearly 1250 kms . Have done 4 tankfuls uptil now and the FE I am getting between 14.5 to 15.8 kmpl. Split between city and highway is 80 :20. With AC on I guess 75 % time.
Thanks
Abhishek
Old 12th February 2016, 14:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Hi harry,
I have driven nearly 1250 kms . Have done 4 tankfuls uptil now and the FE I am getting between 14.5 to 15.8 kmpl. Split between city and highway is 80 :20. With AC on I guess 75 % time.
Thanks
Abhishek
Hi Abhishek, It's been more than a month since you updated this thread. Hope your Beast has been happily munching miles all these days. How is the FE now? Has it improved? Has any niggles or issues cropped up in the car till now? Awaiting your reply as I'm on a lookout for a hatch to replace my Polo, and Baleno is on top of my list now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks