Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2016, 05:45   #76
BHPian

Re: The Beast arrives - Maruti Baleno Alpha (Petrol)

Hi Abhi, Just like to share that my car has crossed 10k now. Did not get time for the important 3rd Free service. This is the first oil change service. First two service were mostly just inspection and washing.
Have not put on mudflaps, are they really required? I really like the baleno bone stock. But if it is really functional i could add them when I finally give it for the service.
Old 14th April 2016, 09:10   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hi Abhi, Just like to share that my car has crossed 10k now. Did not get time for the important 3rd Free service. This is the first oil change service. First two service were mostly just inspection and washing.
Have not put on mudflaps, are they really required? I really like the baleno bone stock. But if it is really functional i could add them when I finally give it for the service.
Please install mud flaps buddy. Rains are approaching soon and it would be helpful for the cars behind you on road
Old 25th May 2016, 17:18   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Hey i thought that the mudflaps would be part of the standard accessory which NEXA is forcing people to buy for around 6K?
Old 31st May 2016, 21:56   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Please install mud flaps buddy. Rains are approaching soon and it would be helpful for the cars behind you on road
Hey Naren. I am discussing it in another thread, but wanted to have your thoughts on the same as well.. the RUN IN period.
Did you go for engine oil change after 1000 KMS? What was your revv range for the first few thousand kilometers??
Old 31st May 2016, 22:21   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Hey Naren. I am discussing it in another thread, but wanted to have your thoughts on the same as well.. the RUN IN period.
Did you go for engine oil change after 1000 KMS? What was your revv range for the first few thousand kilometers??
I have run 6K KM in my Baleno and completed first 2 free services. Oil change is at 10K KM service. Car has become more smooth and gearshifts very slick after driving 5000 KM. I had not revved the car above 3000 RPM for first 1000 KM. This engine is so free revving and sounds too sweet. So it's bit difficult

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 31st May 2016 at 22:24.
Old 31st May 2016, 22:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have run 6K KM in my Baleno and completed first 2 free services. Oil change is at 10K KM service. Car has become more smooth and gearshifts very slick after driving 5000 KM. I had not revved the car above 3000 RPM for first 1000 KM. This engine is so free revving and sounds too sweet. So it's bit difficult

Yeah .. had driven my friends Baleno 1.2, have to say, after driving diesel all life, i kept looking at tachometer to check if car is running.
The gear shifts are already smooth, if you are saying that they will improve even further, gosh it will be fun to drive even in traffic.
Thanks for responding..
nitinrawatdun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 22:17   #82
BHPian

@Dr Naren, yes the car after eating away those running in miles has become buttery smooth. My ride is nearing 17k. Have enjoyed the car a lot. It's raining heavily in Kerala these days. Just love the weather. Only bother is that it's been a month since I have washed her.
sureshkishore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 22:01   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mud flaps are functional. They reduce spray and also block water from hitting against the edge of wheel wells.
It may not happen in a new gen car, but My padmini which did not have a front mud flap, had developed corrosion on wheel well edge.

I just feel the ones offered are too small , this is done to enhance looks since the floating rubber ones which are really effective don't look that good.
Old 18th February 2017, 19:24   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post

Update on the myNexa Card
I am attaching here a snapshot of the MyNexa card that I received.
Attachment 1451090
Given there was limited information in this fora on this car,I am writing here the brief details of the card:
  1. It is a normal card issued my MSIL and not a co-branded credit card as earlier speculated
    Every point earned on the card would give you Rs. 0.75 worth of benefits which can be used to purchase accessories and joining bonus of 200 points is credited upfront.
    7 points are credited for every Rs. 150 spent on the card
    1400 points in case of a successful referral
    8000 points in case of exchange bonus
    Invites for premium/ exclusive events.
you get an online access where you can get all the details (refer to www.nexaexperience.com)

Apart from this, there is a Nexa co-branded credit card of HDFC, which is also something which customers can buy separately (details on www.nexaexperience.com)

Thanks for the useful information on the Nexa Loyalty Card.

Any idea if we can opt out of it? They are billing Rs 1000 for it as part of the vehicle OTR cost, and from my previous experience with a Maruti Loyalty Card, it is absolutely useless and many service centers just say that their system used to swipe it is just not working.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks