Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 10:55   #46
BHPian

Re: My Maruti Ertiga Automatic

That is correct! Even I got an AC filter fitted recently and the outside smell is much less.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Niranjan,

Do you have an AC (Cabin) filter in your car? The slot for this should be located right behind the glove compartment. You will have to remove the glove compartment lid/door to access the slot. If you are able to remove it, fitting the filter is damn easy!

My Ertiga ZDi Nov '14 model didn't come with factory fitted AC (Cabin) filter.
I got it installed in my car during the first free inspection @ 1000 kms. Hardly costs 300 bucks or so for the filter. Made me wonder, why Maruti skimped on such a small thing! that too after provisioning for the AC filter slot.

Anyway, I am not sure, if this is a standard feature now. So, why don't you get the slot inspected to check if you have an AC (Cabin filter). If not, try getting one for yourself.

If my memory serves me right, I do remember having solved the outside stench problem after this fix. Hope it solves your problem too.

Cheers!
Old 4th May 2016, 12:14   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Niranjan,

Do you have an AC (Cabin) filter in your car? The slot for this should be located right behind the glove compartment. You will have to remove the glove compartment lid/door to access the slot. If you are able to remove it, fitting the filter is damn easy!

My Ertiga ZDi Nov '14 model didn't come with factory fitted AC (Cabin) filter.
I got it installed in my car during the first free inspection @ 1000 kms. Hardly costs 300 bucks or so for the filter. Made me wonder, why Maruti skimped on such a small thing! that too after provisioning for the AC filter slot.

Anyway, I am not sure, if this is a standard feature now. So, why don't you get the slot inspected to check if you have an AC (Cabin filter). If not, try getting one for yourself.

If my memory serves me right, I do remember having solved the outside stench problem after this fix. Hope it solves your problem too.

Cheers!
Hi NAUT, thanks a ton for this advice. I pulled out the glove box and opened the AC filter casing to see if there was a filter there, and yes its there by default even in the VXi

Its some design issue in Ertiga I feel. You will get this only when you pass by some burning tyres or a very stinking naala. You get both of these in abundance in Bangalore

So I went again yesterday to check out this issue with Garuda. They say they have rectified this again. I hope they are right
niranjanprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 12:27   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Hi NAUT, thanks a ton for this advice. I pulled out the glove box and opened the AC filter casing to see if there was a filter there, and yes its there by default even in the VXi
Finally! . That's good to know.

Quote:
Its some design issue in Ertiga I feel. You will get this only when you pass by some burning tyres or a very stinking naala. You get both of these in abundance in Bangalore

So I went again yesterday to check out this issue with Garuda. They say they have rectified this again. I hope they are right
Does this happen in re-circulation mode? Or in "outside air" mode?

I mostly drive around in re-circulation mode all through Bangalore and use "outside air" mode only around less crowded spaces near my home and out on the highway.

I must admit that if I don't switch to re-circulate mode when I am trailing a polluting vehicle, I do get some outside stench even now (i.e. with the AC Cabin filter). I just consciously switch over to re-circulate each time.

May be that's the difference . My bad.

I distinctly remember not having to do this switch over in case of my Fusion (my previous car). The outside stench/dust had to be really dense for things to percolate through to the Fusion's cabin. So from that perspective, I think, I've perhaps learnt to live with this limitation of Ertiga and never cared to prod it further.

Last edited by naut : 4th May 2016 at 12:33. Reason: edits
Old 4th May 2016, 12:33   #49
BHPian

Is the Vxi AT available freely? a big dealer in Delhi where I visited, told that ther eis no supply. I have not checked with other dealers. I am torn between the Ertiga & the BR-V.

I really would like to know if the AT is underwhelming when it comes to performance and also would like a clear answer to the query Niranjan posted regarding Rear AC not working under hard acceleration.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 14:10   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Is the Vxi AT available freely? a big dealer in Delhi where I visited, told that ther eis no supply. I have not checked with other dealers. I am torn between the Ertiga & the BR-V.

I really would like to know if the AT is underwhelming when it comes to performance and also would like a clear answer to the query Niranjan posted regarding Rear AC not working under hard acceleration.
Hi, the guys here in Bangalore at Garuda Maruti also told me that Maruti has stopped all bookings of the Ertiga AT. My guess is that they are focussing on the CIAZ AT (they are advertising this heavily nowadays if you have observed) and want to focus on that as probably they feel that its easier to sell an automatic sedan than an automatic MPV

MY honest advice to you is to go in for the BRV AT. Its far more powerful, equally if not more spacious and has a CVT unlike the plain jane Torque Converter on the Ertiga.

Last edited by niranjanprabhu : 4th May 2016 at 14:11.
Old 4th May 2016, 14:13   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Finally! . That's good to know.

Does this happen in re-circulation mode? Or in "outside air" mode?

I mostly drive around in re-circulation mode all through Bangalore and use "outside air" mode only around less crowded spaces near my home and out on the highway.

I must admit that if I don't switch to re-circulate mode when I am trailing a polluting vehicle, I do get some outside stench even now (i.e. with the AC Cabin filter). I just consciously switch over to re-circulate each time.

May be that's the difference . My bad.

I distinctly remember not having to do this switch over in case of my Fusion (my previous car). The outside stench/dust had to be really dense for things to percolate through to the Fusion's cabin. So from that perspective, I think, I've perhaps learnt to live with this limitation of Ertiga and never cared to prod it further.
All this happens in the recirculation mode and that is why I am working to fix it. In open air mode, its a given that all the external fragrances would percolate inside the cabin
Old 8th May 2016, 12:30   #52
BHPian

Quote:
An update that I wanted to share with all is regarding a trip I made to Mysore and BR Hills.
Mileage on the virtually choking Mysore Bangalore highway and the extremely steep climb to BR Hills where I had to use the L mode, came to roughly around 15.5 kmpl. This time around there was no 1000 km limit for me to drive the way I wanted. Though I reiterate that the car does not encourage me to test its limits unlike my earlier Micra!
Hi Niranjan,
Whats the mileage you are getting in city with a/c on now? Any improvements after the run-in period?
Old 8th May 2016, 13:31   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Hi Niranjan,
Whats the mileage you are getting in city with a/c on now? Any improvements after the run-in period?
No Sanchari. What I get to know from other petrol Ertiga owners is that things change for the better only after 10k kms. In city mileage right now is 8.5. Highway is an interesting 16.9
Old 9th May 2016, 08:39   #54
BHPian

Quote:
No Sanchari. What I get to know from other petrol Ertiga owners is that things change for the better only after 10k kms. In city mileage right now is 8.5. Highway is an interesting 16.9

Thanks! The Ertiga Vxi AT that I had booked is finally here after 3.5 months. Looked at BRV too, but Ertiga seems more VFM after considering the price difference!

Now, in dilemma whether to go with Vxi or not as I have started getting last minute doubts We are usually three of us in our family, and five when my parents join us. My reasoning for Ertiga was that it was spacious as a sedan and good VFM compared to competition. Now, I am getting second thoughts, especially with the low mileage (though my typical monthly runs will probably be around 600-700kms). Have to decide within next couple of day!

Last edited by sanchari : 9th May 2016 at 08:40.
Old 9th May 2016, 09:40   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! The Ertiga Vxi AT that I had booked is finally here after 3.5 months. Looked at BRV too, but Ertiga seems more VFM after considering the price difference!

Now, in dilemma whether to go with Vxi or not as I have started getting last minute doubts We are usually three of us in our family, and five when my parents join us. My reasoning for Ertiga was that it was spacious as a sedan and good VFM compared to competition. Now, I am getting second thoughts, especially with the low mileage (though my typical monthly runs will probably be around 600-700kms). Have to decide within next couple of day!
Sanchari, 600-700 kms is no reason to cancel your booking. If you want to, you should actually try to sell it at a premium before it gets registered

I dont believe there are any petrol automatics around that give a mileage of double digits. The City does not and hence the much heavier BRV will surely not either! This car is an awesome bargain at the price at which it is being offered to you and you should not dither!
Old 10th May 2016, 08:12   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu
After Market Changes/purchases:

1. 3M mats. Simply brilliant. Costed me a bomb of Rs 7.5k but a very good investment
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-3m-carpet-protection-mat3.jpg

2. 3M polyvinyl covering for the fenders and bonnet. Too expensive at around 19k, but wanted to ensure that the face of the car is kept as pristine as humanely possible.

3. 3M under chassis treatment.
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-3m-underbody-protection.jpg

4. Door beadings and window visor.

5. Michelin XM2s (Rs 2.8k paid for the OEM MRFs and 5.65k paid per new Michelin tyre). They are super silent and smooth compared to the noisy MRFs.
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-michelins.jpg

6. Rear Spoiler

7. Driver seat with height adjuster proposed in the near future.

8. Goodyear Digital Air Compressor
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-akszv3ehy00gbkz_mtneklxa94xn92x1bcj4yyweeu.jpg

9. 3M carpet covering plastics. No fear of dirtying the carpets in areas that the mats don't cover anymore!
My Maruti Ertiga Automatic-3m-carpet-protection-mat2.jpg

10. 2 years extra warranty.

Niranjan, did you get seat covers installed? Where from? Is there any reason why you didn't go with Maruti GA full matting and carpets? How much did the 3M carpet covering plastics cost?

Did you explore getting a reverse camera? Given the size of the car, and not able to see the rear properly (I am a bit short), I thought a reverse camera makes sense. I was asking for touchscreen unit and reverse camera and dealer quoted 19k for touchscreen unit, and 4.3k for reverse camera. Not sure if it will be cheaper to get it installed elsewhere.

I am also planning on getting 3rd & 4th year warranty for peace of mind. Is it recommended?

This is my first new car purchase, and am also new to Hyderabad. So don't have much clue on where to get other accessories etc.
Old 10th May 2016, 12:52   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Niranjan, did you get seat covers installed? Where from? Is there any reason why you didn't go with Maruti GA full matting and carpets? How much did the 3M carpet covering plastics cost?
You can consider the 3D www.carmatsindia.com, I have them in my car & I picked them up based on D-Bhpian Parag's recommendation (Link). Quite pleased with the mats so far!

Edit: Not sure, if this works any longer as I am unable to access the carmatsindia website now.

Quote:
Did you explore getting a reverse camera? Given the size of the car, and not able to see the rear properly (I am a bit short), I thought a reverse camera makes sense. I was asking for touchscreen unit and reverse camera and dealer quoted 19k for touchscreen unit, and 4.3k for reverse camera. Not sure if it will be cheaper to get it installed elsewhere.
I think reverse parking sensors should be sufficient. I am more than happy with these and the mirrors. These sensors come with a sleek distance indicator fitted to the dashboard. Camera and a dash mounted display might be an overkill. Make sure, you are comfortable with whatever you choose.

Quote:
I am also planning on getting 3rd & 4th year warranty for peace of mind. Is it recommended?
I opted for extended 3rd & 4th year warranty for my Diesel Ertiga as per the suggestions of D-BHPian Parag (I suppose, due to some issues observed with very few DDis 200 diesel engines).

IMHO this may not be needed for a petrol Maruti with a manual transmission. However, since you are considering an automatic and if the price is not too high, why not just take it for the peace of mind? Feel free to consult other Ertiga owners on the forum. The official review thread for Ertiga might be a good place for this! (Link)

Quote:
This is my first new car purchase, and am also new to Hyderabad. So don't have much clue on where to get other accessories etc.
Talk to D-BHPian a4anurag from Hyderabad. He has a thread on Ertiga ownership too! (Link). He should be able to guide you on this.

Last edited by naut : 10th May 2016 at 12:54. Reason: edits
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 18:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:

No seat covers installed as yet! The originals are simply too comfortable! The touchscreen unit on the ZXi is the most recommended. Could you verify if that is the unit for which Maruti quoted 19k for? If so, its well recommended. Extended warranty is a must according to me. Peace of mind is what I always ask for
Old 5th June 2016, 07:20   #59
BHPian

I have booked a new Ertiga VXI A/T, primary reason to buy the car was that it can seat 6 people and is an A/T to handle the Mumbai traffic.

The Service Rep has mentally prepared that the in-city mileage in Mumbai would not exceed 8-10kms and will gradually creep up.

I am unable understand the science on how the mileage will creep up after 10k kms.
Old 9th June 2016, 12:15   #60
BHPian

@niranjanprabhu : has that AC issue been sorted out ?
IIRC , you were facing some challenge with the AC condenser switching off under a bit of an acceleration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks