Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:39   #16
BHPian

Re: My first car - Granite Gray Maruti Baleno 1.2 Delta

Congrats Farooq on your Delta, Fantastic review. I am picking up mine today, same variant. At this price point i think this car is the most bang for the buck. Happy driving! and any issues you come across please update this thread.
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
Can you please share the details of where you purchased the car cover for your Baleno?
Thanks Aravind. I purchased it online at Paytm. Will post a picture when I cover the car later. One flaw is that there is no separate casing for the antenna. I would suggest you to buy it offline to make sure that you have the correct one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Were you able to compare this with the test cars. Keen to know your view on the same. I think you can also ask your service advisor if its possible to retro fit the seat height adjusting mechanism in Delta. People here at TBHP have done this on their base Swift models so this might be possible on the Baleno as well.
I did try out the height adjustable seat during the test drive. I did not find much difference at its lowest position and the fixed one in my car. I also checked it at its lowest setting mainly because I had to be sure that my wife could drive one without a seat height adjustment. We both are comfortable with the seat height so no retro fitting required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Congratulations Farooq on your new car. You have made an excellent choice among the options you considered. At that price point, Baleno makes the most value for money car. I wish you a long and trouble free ownership. Happy and safe driving
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Congrats Farooq on your Delta, Fantastic review. I am picking up mine today, same variant. At this price point i think this car is the most bang for the buck. Happy driving! and any issues you come across please update this thread.
Yes, it sure is a value for money package. Worth spending close to 7 lakhs on this car. This car makes a few other cars look a lot costlier.
farooq817 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 20:04   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Farooq! Wish you many safe miles on this one!

I am considering the CVT variant and your review gives me all the information I need on it given the CVT is only available on this trim. Frankly the missing features (barring height adjustment) are good to have in that no one would have missed them had Maruti chosen to skimp on them. However what I feel should be a must are the awesome looking projectors with DRLs. I remember checking with the SA at the Navi Mumbai NEXA showroom and he mentioned that they could retrofit the headlights from the top end variant (Alpha?). I also believe they have a touchscreen audio system as part of the accessories for the Baleno.

I saw a picture of the granite gray with Momo Revenge alloys and it just transforms the car. Any similar plans? How about 16 inchers with the 195 (or more) section tyres for your ride?
Old 2nd February 2016, 20:09   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the car Farooq sir! Have been watching all your post in the official review silently. I wish you many many more happy, safe and niggle-free miles with the car. Now coming to the car, beautiful. I really love the Balenos looks (except the front of course ) but the rear looks awesome. I for one would've picked this over my Grand i10 AT if AT was available in the Alpha Variant.
Old 3rd February 2016, 01:16   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Hello there! I have been driving the baleno p 1.2 for quite some time now and what i have noticed is the real bad quality of plastics inside the car i.e they literally bend with the application of the slightest force and so is the build quality(exterior). The nvh levels are not that great too when compared to my older grand i10. The rear bench does not offer under thigh support meaning though you have enough legroom you cannot seat in comfort!
Vivek chava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Congratulations Farooq! Wish you many safe miles on this one!

However what I feel should be a must are the awesome looking projectors with DRLs. I remember checking with the SA at the Navi Mumbai NEXA showroom and he mentioned that they could retrofit the headlights from the top end variant (Alpha?). I also believe they have a touchscreen audio system as part of the accessories for the Baleno.

I saw a picture of the granite gray with Momo Revenge alloys and it just transforms the car. Any similar plans? How about 16 inchers with the 195 (or more) section tyres for your ride?
Yes. I also agree that the projectors would give the car a better look. I had checked with the RM at Nexa but he said that it wont be available as an accessory and retro fitting is also not possible. Moreover, I dont want to void the warranty right now.
I have plans for the alloys though but not sure when they would happen. The ones on the Ciaz with a gun metal finish would complement the car nicely as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Congrats on the car Farooq sir! Have been watching all your post in the official review silently. I wish you many many more happy, safe and niggle-free miles with the car. Now coming to the car, beautiful. I really love the Balenos looks (except the front of course ) but the rear looks awesome. I for one would've picked this over my Grand i10 AT if AT was available in the Alpha Variant.
Thanks. I too hope that the automatic is launched in the top end Alpha trim as well. It will attract a lot of customers from the Honda Jazz.
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:14   #22
BHPian

Update:
The car completed 1000kms yesterday. It has been niggle free so far. I was going through the user manual and saw that the average fuel efficiency could be reset. I did that yesterday to see the average I got on the way back home from office. I covered a distance of around 24kms in low to moderate traffic and ended up with the below figure.

My first car - Granite Gray Maruti Baleno 1.2 Delta-finalbill_bilqueesfatima.jpg

Now, I do agree that it might be pretty optimistic at this stage but it was a pretty good number. It has however reduced to 20.3kmpl after I reached office today morning in the regular traffic.
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek chava View Post
Hello there! I have been driving the baleno p 1.2 for quite some time now and what i have noticed is the real bad quality of plastics inside the car i.e they literally bend with the application of the slightest force and so is the build quality(exterior). The nvh levels are not that great too when compared to my older grand i10. The rear bench does not offer under thigh support meaning though you have enough legroom you cannot seat in comfort!
Thanks Vivek for you observations I too found the build quality lacking, well thats the main reason for all the weigh savings. The dashboard quality could have been better, that i miss sorely. I haven't yet tried the rear bench, taking it out this weekend. Will let you know my observations, did u do any upgrades by the way? and what are the accessories you purchased from nexa.
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:52   #24
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride, looks stunning in Granite Gray! Wishing you loads of (s)miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post

Found this behind a closed box in the boot. Is it to access the fuel tank from inside? Whats the use?
Attachment 1465489
It is nothing but a cover to cover up the suspension mounting point in the rear.
Old 3rd February 2016, 19:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Found this behind a closed box in the boot. Is it to access the fuel tank from inside? Whats the use?
First and foremost, congrats!

The thingamabob behind the closed box in the boot is actually the other end (upper end) of the rear suspension.

When the car undergoes its suspension overhaul, the thingamabob will have to be opened up, in order to access the rear springs/struts.
Old 4th February 2016, 12:04   #26
BHPian

Hi Farooq,

Can you please post a picture of your front door. I think the Delta has a smaller pocket or no bottle holder. Requesting you since its difficult to find a Delta at the showroom.

For Reference see this photo from official TBHP review.
http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/maru...-baleno-22.jpg

If you could similarly post yours then that would be great. Front and rear both if possible.

Also I could figure out from your photos and comparing with official TBHP photos that the Seat sits at lowest position in Delta. This is a good thing in my opinion.
Old 4th February 2016, 12:16   #27
BHPian

Congratulations Farooq on your new car. Excellent choice. Happy and safe driving
SDee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 13:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Living with the car:
The car can comfortably cruise at 100kmph in 5th gear at less than 2000 rpm. Lot of drive left in the car then.
Are you sure of these numbers? In my Swift K12, 100 comes up in fifth gear at well over 2000 RPM, closer to 2500 RPM. If true, then fifth gear has been retuned substantially for greater efficiency.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Congrats on the new ride, looks stunning in Granite Gray! Wishing you loads of (s)miles.

It is nothing but a cover to cover up the suspension mounting point in the rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
First and foremost, congrats!

The thingamabob behind the closed box in the boot is actually the other end (upper end) of the rear suspension.

When the car undergoes its suspension overhaul, the thingamabob will have to be opened up, in order to access the rear springs/struts.
Thanks guys for providing that info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Hi Farooq,

Can you please post a picture of your front door. I think the Delta has a smaller pocket or no bottle holder. Requesting you since its difficult to find a Delta at the showroom.

Also I could figure out from your photos and comparing with official TBHP photos that the Seat sits at lowest position in Delta. This is a good thing in my opinion.
Yes. There are bottle holders on all four doors. Same size. Will post a picture later when I have it.
I think so too that the seats are placed at their lowest position. Works well for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Are you sure of these numbers? In my Swift K12, 100 comes up in fifth gear at well over 2000 RPM, closer to 2500 RPM. If true, then fifth gear has been retuned substantially for greater efficiency.
My bad. Thats a typo right there even though I read through it a couple of times. 80 comes up in fifth gear at around 2000rpm. 100 comes up around 2400-2500rpm. Will edit it right away.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
100 comes up around 2400-2500rpm. Will edit it right away.
Exactly same as in my Swift. So more or less the same state of tune for the Baleno as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks