Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2016, 14:17   #16
BHPian

Re: My Rebel Blue Volvo S60 T6 - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Congrtatulations man!! Awesome looking car, how is the ground clearance, is the underbody protected?
The ground clearance hasn't been a problem till now. Luckily most of the speedbreakers have been flattened a bit recently due to the naval International Fleet Review which took place in Vizag. But it has hit slightly at one badly made speedbump with 5 passengers. I don't know if its the same with the germans, but on the S60 the bottom of the running board takes a direct hit if the car bottoms out. Don't see any protective rails like on the Honda city or civic.

@W.A.G.7 - No plans of upgrading the audio. It does the job for now. Only upgrades planned are:

1. Polestar Remap
2. Polestar Front end (Trying to source the front grill from the Dubai showroom)
3. Heico Exhaust

Last edited by civ4647 : 10th February 2016 at 14:20.
civ4647 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 14:37   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats civ that car is a beaut specially in that blue shade.

T6 is a gem though the earlier car had a 3L turbo with AWD but this one is quick too. Also finally they have given paddle shifter, IIRC in older car it did not have paddle shifters.

Enjoy
Old 10th February 2016, 14:53   #18
BHPian

Hearty Congrats and Welcome to the Volvo club.

The Rebel Blue shade is the official Polestar colour for which you usually have to pay a premium. They have a toned down blue on offer, known as Power Blue. Even that looks good but its' not as loud. You really got a good deal there!
Your car however deserves the Rebel Blue shade.

Quote:
I saw a white D5 with Brown Leather seats and that was simply stunning. Wish that was available on this car
I have the Beachwood brown interiors in my car but black interior definitely suits best for your exterior shade. This will also be easier to maintain.

Quote:
I expected the 18's to be a cause for concern. Vizag roads aren't exactly the best and we have a lot of speed breakers too. But the car is very good at absorbing small to medium potholes and imperfections.
Great! Most Volvo owners with 18 inchers were complaining of bad ride quality on irregular roads and are contemplating downsizing.

Quote:
The Polestar Remap is being considered and i shall get this done after the first service
Go for the Polestar upgrade after some time. Need not wait till next service though. The process doesn't take long (half hour max) if they have good internet speeds at the service center. You will be surprised how much it transforms the throttle response and gear shifts. And it does not void warranty.

Keep us updated and safe flying, oops, driving.

Last edited by psispace : 10th February 2016 at 15:16.
psispace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 15:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
The Polestar Remap is being considered and i shall get this done after the first service. Shall update when its done.
How much have they quoted you for the remap?

Also its so interesting to read your thread because before picking up the 328i I had a chance to drive the exact same car in same spec/color and I absolutely loved it. The engine is tiny but has a fantastic whirry sound when it starts building up revs. And boy was it quick! Unfortunately I didn't have the budget to pick it up and ended up buying a used 328i from Premium Selection, but would have loved to have this car too! The BMW is very fun to drive but hard to master, I think it should be easier to put the power down in this. Its nice to see the other side of the fence, makes me want to finish my initial ownership thread sooner and share.
Old 10th February 2016, 15:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
The ground clearance hasn't been a problem till now. Luckily most of the speedbreakers have been flattened a bit recently due to the naval International Fleet Review which took place in Vizag. But it has hit slightly at one badly made speedbump with 5 passengers. I don't know if its the same with the germans, but on the S60 the bottom of the running board takes a direct hit if the car bottoms out. Don't see any protective rails like on the Honda city or civic.
I suggest you can get an aluminium skid plate for engine protection.

Last edited by bblost : 10th February 2016 at 15:39. Reason: fixed quote tag.
Old 10th February 2016, 16:03   #21
BHPian

Excellent review civ4647.
Salute from one T6 owner to another

With that car of yours exclusivity and attention are guaranteed, wherever you go.
Old 10th February 2016, 17:03   #22
Team-BHP Support

Goes to show if one's willing to go understated (and/or doesn't care for badge snob value), there are other practical, put-a-grin-on-your-face options outside the BIG 3.

I'm sure the car is worth every penny you spent and IF I had that much coin in the bank, I'd be tempted to buy ONE just for that lovely stonking shade of BLUE

Congratulations and happy driving

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th February 2016 at 17:05.
Old 10th February 2016, 18:16   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Mate! That is truly on stand-out car all thanks to that wonderful shade of blue! Some awesome clicks which enhance it's beauty. Its a pity most other manufacturers choose to be conservative with their colour palates! Wish you many safe miles with this one.

Real pity that they have short changed you on the AWD and a decent sound system on a car costing this much!

BMW discontinuing the Petrols is a real pity given the market / regulations are slowly turning the tide in favour of petrols!
Old 10th February 2016, 19:47   #24
BHPian

Congrats! And the car looks simply stunning. The Rebel Blue shade is drop dead gorgeous!
Can imagine how you must feel driving it getting all the attention!
Old 10th February 2016, 19:59   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on the Smurfmobile! It's probably the best non-mainstream color I have seen. Are you planning to wrap the car to preserve the paint? If the paint gets easily damaged then I'd definitely do that. Also, any idea how much a service costs? Thanks for the in depth review
Old 10th February 2016, 20:59   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on a great buy - both car and brand. The blue colour is alluring. To protect your paint and its sheen you may think of covering the car with 3M's sealant sheet. some say don't do it. Some others like me covered the whole Volvo XC60 with it and am happy over a year later with the way the paint has been protected and not lost its sheen. One reason we went for the Volvo was to have all the trappings of a luxury car without the show factor. You seem to have done so too. All best wishes with your motoring. - Narayan

Last edited by V.Narayan : 10th February 2016 at 21:01.
Old 10th February 2016, 21:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
How much have they quoted you for the remap?
I was quoted 95k for the remap. But a friend got his V40 done for 70k. so will see if i can bargain and bring the price down. And yes, on a quiet road, the whine of the supercharger can be heard very faintly

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
I suggest you can get an aluminium skid plate for engine protection.
I did not know something like that was available. Thank you. will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnInternetUser View Post
Congratulations on the Smurfmobile! It's probably the best non-mainstream color I have seen. Are you planning to wrap the car to preserve the paint? If the paint gets easily damaged then I'd definitely do that. Also, any idea how much a service costs? Thanks for the in depth review
I was told that a regular service would cost in the region of 15,000 inr. and as for the paint, i am planning on getting the 3M clear wrap done. But the closest place to do it is hyderabad. So i might have to drive there to get it done. No one in vizag offering wrap services.

Last edited by civ4647 : 10th February 2016 at 21:07.
civ4647 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 14:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Few cars make you stop in your tracks so you can take another look at it. The S60 is one such car. For some reason, this car appeals to me the most (In its segment), when it comes to looks. There are very few S60's in my city. If I do see one, its probably the older model and it still looks amazing. I've seen only one Blue S60 and it had the Polestar badge. That's in blue as well so you tend to miss it.

Congratulations on your new ride.

The beautiful and sharp S60. This was not the first time I stopped to look at it. I was heading home when I saw this car parked on the side with a gentleman dropping his lady friend. I knew he was about to leave so pulled over and waited for the car to go past.

My Rebel Blue Volvo S60 T6 - Initial Ownership Report-img_0703.jpg

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 12th February 2016 at 14:06.
sandeepmohan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 16:53   #29
BHPian

Congratulations and thanks for this good write up. It looks good and feels good to be looking at the details. The one point that makes me a little confused is the number of buttons on the panel - Looks more like a number pad to me. Having said, V40 is now in my short list along with Merc GLA and BMW 1S.
Old 12th February 2016, 18:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepcm View Post
Congratulations and thanks for this good write up. It looks good and feels good to be looking at the details. The one point that makes me a little confused is the number of buttons on the panel - Looks more like a number pad to me. Having said, V40 is now in my short list along with Merc GLA and BMW 1S.
Its a number pad for dialing a number directly over a bluetooth paired telephone. Its hardly ever used. The rest of the buttons around the edge are used much more frequently. Even though the controls seem cumbersome, its actually not very hard to use.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks