Old 14th November 2016, 10:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1400kms in a Polo GT TSI & 2016 Ford Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post

1400kms in a Polo GT TSI & 2016 Ford Figo

Polo GT TSI VS Ford Figo
Great report nishchal and was a good read buddy

Though there have been many comparisons between the GT TDi and Figo 1.5 TDCi, this is probably the first report that I am aware of where a GT TSI has been compared to the Figo 1.5 TDCI

Figo probably comes through as a much better VFM in comparison to the GT twins considering the price difference and the cost of ownership the German siblings demand. But then again, one cannot ignore the premiumness that these Germans bring into game, albeit at a price.

Please do post more update once you get to drive the Figo past its run-in and that can give a better picture of the performance comparison.

Drive on and Drive Safe.
Old 17th December 2016, 22:33   #47

Hi Nischal can you please let me know from where did you buy the steering interface for the car? Also did you have to cut any cables from the interface to be compatible with the JVC unit?
palace35mm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 01:09   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Great report nishchal and was a good read buddy

Though there have been many comparisons between the GT TDi and Figo 1.5 TDCi, this is probably the first report that I am aware of where a GT TSI has been compared to the Figo 1.5 TDCI

Figo probably comes through as a much better VFM in comparison to the GT twins considering the price difference and the cost of ownership the German siblings demand. But then again, one cannot ignore the premiumness that these Germans bring into game, albeit at a price.

Please do post more update once you get to drive the Figo past its run-in and that can give a better picture of the performance comparison.

Drive on and Drive Safe.
It has been over 3 months with the Figo and the very first Ford car in the family has impressed me. When I drove it to Jhansi from Chandigarh, the ODO read 1800kms, now 3 months hence it reads 10200kms . So that's how much my job requires me to travel and now I feel I have driven enough to be able to throw a bit more light on the vehicle.

So the question is which car is faster? Polo GT TSI or the FIGO TDCI ?
To be frank both feel really quick. Both climb to triple digit speeds in no time. The GT really impressed me the first time I pushed it from 100 kmph and beyond, and I was actually surprised to see how fast and effortlessly it was able to achieve those speeds. So after completing 3000kms in the Figo I floored the pedal to see where is stood and boy was I shocked. The Figo feels as fast as the GT from 100-160km/h and is really a beast. In the GT however you are pushed back into your seats just like in the chevy Cruze whereas in the Figo feels like a Hyundai Verna. So the Polo GT feels a bit faster but both are fast.

Another thing impressive about the car is negligible turbo lag. On the highways I hardly have to drop gears as I am able to pick speeds in 5th gear from as low as 40km/h which makes it very easy to drive in the city. The gearshifts however do feel rubbery which makes it difficult when trying to sprint. The brakes on the car are brilliant and far better than the Polo which is quite evident after driving both the cars back to back. However the ABS is very aggressive and comes into action in least expected sections of the road. Like under heavy braking on a bad section of road , the ABS on the polo would kick in 2 out of 10 times whereas it would kick in 7 out of 10 times in the Figo.

I have been highly impressed with the FE that I get with the Figo. I also require travelling in rural areas around Jhansi and even after covering the market the car returns me an impressive 22-23kmpl and on the highways 24-25kmpl is easily achievable. The key is not to exceed 90km/h mark and achieving such figures is easy.

What's not so impressive are the vibrations felt through steering, clutch , accelerator pedal when the RPM exceeds 3k mark. Earlier I used to feel these beyond 100km/h since I never pushed the car in the shorter gears till the run-in period. So the same vibrations are felt in every gear beyond 3k mark which is quite irritating.

So overall the Figo is a powerful car that delivers good mileage, is cheap to maintain and comes with a lot of space at a relatively cheap price and is just perfect for a person like me who needs to travel a lot. But if I were not to travel this much, I would simply pick up the Polo instead for its class and ease of driving an automatic.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th February 2017 at 07:22. Reason: Edited out mention of speeding.
nishchal316 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 10:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post

So overall the Figo is a powerful car that delivers good mileage, is cheap to maintain and comes with a lot of space at a relatively cheap price and is just perfect for a person like me who needs to travel a lot.

But if I were not to travel this much, I would simply pick up the Polo instead for its class and ease of driving an automatic.
That pretty much sums it up Nishchal

Thank you for sharing the detailed review on both these performance hatches. Personally, though I just love the way GT TSI has evolved over the years, I would probably put my money on the Figo 1.5 TDCi.

I have drive both these cars and somehow, the thought of DSG in a VW makes me a bit jittery, especially when it comes at nearly 3 lakhs premium.

Wish you many more mile munch-athon !!

Drive safe.
Old 20th February 2017, 15:44   #50
BHPian

Re: 2015 VW Polo GT TSI - 7500 km / First checkup update!

Great review nischal! All your mods are awesome and unique in its own right. Reg, that Supercharged logo, even I want to stick that on my GT TSI for the looks, but since GT TSI is turbo and not supercharged, didn't want to stick a technically incorrect sticker. The Turbo stickers I found were plain and boring.

Any performance mods in the pipeline?

Also it is great to have the pleasure to play with two of India's fastest hatches, this side of the Abarth
Old 5th July 2017, 18:12   #51

Re: 2015 VW Polo GT TSI - 7500 km / First checkup update!

Hey Nishchal 316,

Congrats on the great job with the reviews.

I am almost on the verge of joining the GT Tsi Club. I have had my eyes on it for long time and was waiting for the right time. I presently switch between my Corolla (Manual) and my Alto K10 Auto. Alto K10 is my everyday vehicle. I have been looking to upgrade but due to the traffic and the parking constrains I do not want another Sedan.

My daily drive to work and back is only 10-12 Kms hence mileage is not of of great importance to me and I definitely want an Auto.

I took the test drive and liked it, (Infact I even took a test drive of the GTI and was mindblown).

You have had the car for long, would you recommend it ? I have been told that the DSG box is known to give problems. What has been your experience ?

Will look forward to your pointers.

Keep up the good work.

Rz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks