Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2016, 22:38   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Happiness is 'Doing Something Good' (DSG) : My Skoda Rapid TDI DSG in Black & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
HI F150,
Sorry I don't have pics of the HID Upgrade,
I went with Dealer fitted GENOME HID Kit - cost me Rs.11,500/-
some time later, they offered me a discount to upgrade my Highbeam at Rs.9,500/-
So we have to upgrade the low beam and high beam both ?
Is the difference considerable ?
Please post few pics of the light throw with the HID KIT.
Old 29th March 2016, 10:37   #47
BHPian

Re: Happiness is 'Doing Something Good' (DSG) : My Skoda Rapid TDI DSG in Black & White

not necessarily, its upto you..

I upgraded my Lowbeam to HID, I have changed my Highbeam bulbs to Philips xtreme vision+130, I am still not satisfied with the lighting.
I was used to 90/100 in my old car and still feel this setup is not as good..
but there is lot of improvements compared to stock bulbs,

I am planning to swap the Genome kit to my Highbeam, and get a new Philips kit for my Lowbeam,, but, its on hold right now..

I don't have any pics, give me some time, I will see if I can get some pics that will help, have to take them in a dark area..

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 17:00   #48
BHPian

With all the chrome bling going on in the market, this is quite soothing to the eyes.
Never knew SKODA had such good looking cars/variants. Infact, it reeks of class. Great choice of color and variant mate!
vamsi2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 11:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post

Auto Dimming IRVM - Per dealer - need to replace entire windshield for this - Ruled out

If a silly IRVM Update needs windshield change, I don't know about them agreeing for Paddle Shifters...

Hey Hemant, Auto dimming IRVM Doesn't need the entire windshield to be replaced. Please check the below link wherein moderator Gaanu_1 has done a simple DIY for the same:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3740721

Also the paddle shifters can be sourced and installed in your car. But then again the Skoda A.S.S wouldn't do it for you. You would have to get them done outside and risk loss of warranty. You can actually go through the ownership thread of Gannu_1 of his polo GT TDI. He has done some wonderful DIY's

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hello F150, The Rapid's headlight arrangement is different in models with the black package. In models without the black package (i.e. The one which Hemant has) there are two different bulbs for the low beam and high beam. The one's in projectors work as the low beam and the high beam lamps are housed separately in the headlamp assembly outside the projectors.

But in case of black package, the headlamp consist of a single projector assembly which does the work for both low beam as well as high beam. The arrangement consists of a solenoid which when energized pulls down a shield inside the projector and activates the high beam. This type of projector setup is popularly known as Bi-Xenon projector or in our case Bi-Halogen Projector. However both the nomenclature is actually wrong as if you go by the name, the term "Bi" implies two xenon's or two halogens to be present which is not the case. Also even referring as xenon lights would be wrong for that matter as xenon gas only helps in illuminating for the first few seconds when the headlights are switched on. After that it's the metal halides or HID as you know them, which does the work. But then we live in a world where every photo copy is referred as Xerox and every wax polish is called as Teflon Coating, hence Bi-xenon or Bi-Halogen are both correct

So luckily for you and me, since we have the model With black package we have to get one set of Bi-Xenon kits to be upgraded. And from what I have read and heard from other forum members, Morimoto 55Watts 4300Kelvin HID kit is the best one's currently in the market. It should cost you 11K - 12.5K including installation.

Last edited by MadAbtCars : 3rd April 2016 at 11:32.
MadAbtCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 09:46   #50
BHPian

HI MadAbtCars,
I have gone across Gannu_1's threads on various Mods to his car, amazing.. I am not much of a DIY type, and I don't want to risk Warranties..

I checked with Skoda Accessories guy again, and their reply was same.

Windshield needs to be replaced for Auto Dimming IRVM, for me this is a "nice to have", so, If it does not happen - its OK,
I badly want to get the ORVM's with integrated Indicator's - they ruled that out as well,

I know these can be done - DIY or from other FNG's but, don't want to risk voiding warranty - at-least for ORVM - They informed, they need to cut/splice wiring and it would void my Warranty,

Paddle shifter's fittment was I think F150's requirement - Not mine, I have a Manual TDI,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post
Hey Hemant, Auto dimming IRVM Doesn't need the entire windshield to be replaced. Please check the below link wherein moderator Gaanu_1 has done a simple DIY for the same:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3740721

Also the paddle shifters can be sourced and installed in your car. But then again the Skoda A.S.S wouldn't do it for you. You would have to get them done outside and risk loss of warranty. You can actually go through the ownership thread of Gannu_1 of his polo GT TDI. He has done some wonderful DIY's
Old 14th April 2016, 11:21   #51
BHPian

Quote:
The Need for a New car:
Quote:
Dealership and Booking Experience :
Hi Madabtcars, it was an excellent review. Now I am a new member on this forum and my membership request just got approved.

Even I purchased a Rapid DSG (booked it on 31st Jan 2016, the last day of the offer by Skoda. I was offered Rs 175000 discount on the Ambition model and I got a Dec15 manufactured car and got my delivery on 12th Feb 2016. Totally in love with my new acquisition and looking forward to a longish association with Skoda India.

Last edited by Eddy : 14th April 2016 at 12:15. Reason: Quoting large posts hampers readability for our small screen users.
Old 14th April 2016, 11:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subroto Bhowmik View Post

Now I am a new member on this forum and my membership request just got approved.

Even I purchased a Rapid DSG (booked it on 31st Jan 2016, the last day of the offer by Skoda.
Welcome onboard TBHP Subroto Bhowmik and congrats on your purchase.

Arguably, the best VFM sedan out there, sans the notorious after sales support. Ironically, this shortcoming also seems to be getting better as per some of the ownership reports of late.

Wish you a very happy and trouble free motoring.

Quote:
I was offered Rs 175000 discount on the Ambition model and I got a Dec15 manufactured car and got my delivery on 12th Feb 2016.
Holy Skoda, you got nearly 2 lks off on a new car !!

If not for anything else buddy, this surely calls for a more detailed buying & ownership report.

Please compile one and post it at the earliest.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 14th April 2016 at 11:56.
Old 14th April 2016, 14:50   #53
BHPian

Yes Viks I have already submitted my ownership experience so far, waiting for admin approval.

Its good that the ASS of Skoda is only improving as per recent reports. This only can consolidate their market share, they are already producing magnificent vehicles.
Old 17th April 2016, 12:35   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Even I purchased a Rapid DSG (booked it on 31st Jan 2016, the last day of the offer by Skoda. I was offered Rs 175000 discount on the Ambition model and I got a Dec15 manufactured car and got my delivery on 12th Feb 2016. Totally in love with my new acquisition and looking forward to a longish association with Skoda India.
Hello Subroto, welcome to the club (both team-bhp and Skoda Rapid). Many congratulations on your new ride and wish you a long and stress free mile munching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Holy Skoda, you got nearly 2 lks off on a new car !!
Well, I got a discount of 1.4lacs on Style Plus DSG. Generally mid level variants in VAG group have more discounts than the top end versions. That said, I am pretty sure that the discount of 1.75lacs was offered on the revised price which came into effect from January 2016. Skoda had hiked the price of Rapid in January this year by 20 - 40K. In first week of January I had helped a friend book the Rapid petrol MT from the same dealership from where I had booked my car. Initially they were adamant that pricing would be as per revised rates even if the model was of 2015. I pressed hard and got the car with 2015 pricing with a discount of approximately 1.35lacs.

So in all probability the extra 35k discount that Subroto got actually came from the difference in price revision. Honestly speaking; even though Skoda gives the impression that they are passing on huge discounts, that is not really the case. Both the dealership as well as the Skoda auto India are often misleading. I am in fact still pursuing with the dealership and Skoda auto about certain invoice and actual RTO receipts. Have mentioned about the same earlier in my ownership thread. It's been 3months now and nobody has yet replied to me - This fact strongly makes me believe that something is actually wrong.
Old 17th April 2016, 18:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I got a discount of 1.4lacs on Style Plus DSG. G
Looks like the impending face lift is the reason. I got only insurance free and car loan at 9.77 % when I bought the car in APRIL 2015 on a car manufactured in APRIL 2015.
Old 18th April 2016, 11:17   #56
BHPian

Mod note: Fixing Quote, please do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Quote:
So in all probability the extra 35k discount that Subroto got actually came from the difference in price revision. Honestly speaking; even though Skoda gives the impression that they are passing on huge discounts, that is not really the case.
Yes that extra 35k definitely is helping me in fitting MOTEVO AVN in place of the stock system!!! I always believe in the principle "Every penny saved is a penny earned".

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th April 2016 at 11:24. Reason: Fixing Quote, please do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.
Old 15th August 2017, 09:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Mod note: Fixing Quote, please do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Yes that extra 35k definitely is helping me in fitting MOTEVO AVN in place of the stock system!!! I always believe in the principle "Every penny saved is a penny earned".
Please share pics of the Motevo system on your Rapid. I am in a similar position and am considering my options for the touchscreen system
Old 20th December 2017, 11:51   #58
BHPian

Sorry @pathik for late response as I havent logged in here for a really long time! Attaching a pic of my motevo AVN and must say that I am mighty pleased with its performance after more than a year of usage.
Attached Thumbnails
Happiness is 'Doing Something Good' (DSG) : My Skoda Rapid TDI DSG in Black & White-20160827_185111.jpg  

Old 6th December 2019, 16:23   #59
BHPian

Beautiful ownership review sir. I was wondering how is the car holding up after 4 years? How is the DSG performing? I'm an owner of 2019 Rapid DSG and I'm just falling in love with car with every passing day. It sure strikes a chord with my emotions.
Old 16th May 2021, 18:30   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Beautiful ownership review sir. I was wondering how is the car holding up after 4 years? How is the DSG performing? I'm an owner of 2019 Rapid DSG and I'm just falling in love with car with every passing day. It sure strikes a chord with my emotions.
How is the Rapid and DSG working out mate? I hope no major niggles and you're revving up to glory!

Apart from the usual service, bit of engine oil drinking habits, BMC air filter is sucker for dust my DSG 2015 is doing really well.
noufal.ps is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks