Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2016, 13:44   #16
BHPian

Re: My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2L

Congrats SRK on the new car. I own a Zeta Petrol.

Regarding the brake, even I have noticed a strange brake sound, especially when I brake a bit hard and the front dives. I through it was specific to my car and was planning to get it checked. But now I think its an issue with the model itself.
Old 5th March 2016, 18:38   #17
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Congratulations! That was a lovely write up and it complements the official review well. Yes, the headlights adjustments don't seem to have made much difference. Also, Suzuki's idea of premium dealership experience is laughable. I will second your opinion that I received several times better service from my SA at regular Maruti Suzuki Showroom where I bought my Ciaz than the Nexa where I visited when checking out the S - Cross and Baleno.
Regarding the mileage, a car as light as Baleno should be able to do much better than 11kpl.
Thanks!

While the idea of NEXA is good, the execution hasn't been as promised. They really have to work hard and improve at the earliest.

The mileage should increase. It started from 6 kmpl when I refilled the tank and has been gradually increasing. Currently it shows 11 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats buddy!!
I too own a new baleno zeta petrol. I am happy with the car and driven around 2500 kms.
Fuel tank capacity is 37 litres, but it takes in around 39-40 litres when tank is almost empty and you top it up full. Also owner's manual advice not to top up the tank full and stop at auto cut off. Reason-Fuel will expand under high temperature and it's bad for fuel tank and fuel pump

How do you the find ride quality at rear? I find it little bouncy and tyre pressure is at recommended 29 psi.
Thanks! Nice to know you are happy with the Baleno.

I did read about the expansion thing in the manual and will be topping up till the auto cut-off from next time onwards.

As for the ride quality, I feel the suspension is a bit stiff. I have filled 29 psi in all tires on the day of delivery. It does fill a bit bouncy specially on potholes and paver blocks.

Some members on the Baleno Facebook group have been complaining about the harsh ride and have written to Maruti as well but there has been no solution yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Congratulations SRK. Wish you wonderful and happy miles ahead !!

Baleno has a good road presence from front and side views. The car is very spacious also. I had taken a test drive. Just to have the feel of the car. It's really wonderful.
Thanks!

Yes the car is indeed spacious. The legroom specially at the rear even with a tall driver is very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartyasg View Post
Excellent writeup! I loved the detail that you went into. I like the Baleno's looks a lot, but I'm not a fan of the 16" Alloys. I think the Ciaz's alloys should be a direct fit and would look way better.

Can you confirm that the dummy lights at the rear are not the fog lamps? I was always under the impression that they were rear fog lamps.

Also, regarding the headlight alignment, it is normal to have the throw of the left side light to be greater than the throw of the right side light. This is done to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. I think your headlight alignments are according to design, and they seem to be quite powerful too. I have driven 1st gen Swifts a bit, and I find their high beams quite inadequate on highways!
Thank You!

The alloys on the Ciaz ZXi+ look much better than these. May be Maruti could have saved the cost and just given those and not many would have complained.

I did check every possible combination for the lights and the lower led strip doesn't light up. Even the service advisor whom I asked about it said it is just a dummy light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
Congrats SRK on the new car. I own a Zeta Petrol.

Regarding the brake, even I have noticed a strange brake sound, especially when I brake a bit hard and the front dives. I through it was specific to my car and was planning to get it checked. But now I think its an issue with the model itself.
Thanks!

Did you get it checked? I mentioned this to the service centre and they said brake cleaning of the pads should take that noise away.
Also they said brakes do make noise in ABS equipped cars, which I know is not the case. I will spend some more time with the car and note down the issues and then visit the service centre.
Old 5th March 2016, 19:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car! The white is the second best colour after the ray blue IMHO.
Wishing you miles of happy ownership.

Does the rear sag considerably when loaded with 5 people?

And what's the trend with NEXA outlets not providing a good experience to the customer?
Old 5th March 2016, 23:49   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. I personally feel this is one decent machine in always possible in its price range.

Quote:
I had to correct the steering quite a lot to keep it going on the same lane.
The exact same problems with my Zeta (P) as well. There needs to be constant pressure on the steering wheel or else the car slowly drifts towards the left. My suspicion was incorrect tire pressure but even after deflating it down to the company recommendations didn't solve the problem. I'm hoping this is fixable and will take it up during the first service. I have read other reviews of the Baleno on different forums but no one else seems to the have the same problem.

Quote:
At times, I hear a noise when the car is braked from speed, this happens specially when the front end dives.
Yep, again the exact same problem with mine as well. A metal scraping sound, not loud or harsh but a frictious, unchanging noise when the brakes are applied. I'm guessing its an adjustment issue and not anything major.

Quote:
Fuel efficiency as per the MID has increased from 6.0 kmpl to 11.0 kmpl. It keeps on changing based on the driving style. I think it should improve as the engine completes the run-in period.
Its going to start at single digits, mine started at 8 but now hovers around 14 after completing 400 kms, most of it driven in the city. If you adjust the setting on the MID then these figures will be reset. So don't worry about it for now.

Last edited by tjacob : 6th March 2016 at 00:05.
Old 7th March 2016, 13:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
......If you adjust the setting on the MID then these figures will be reset. So don't worry about it for now.
If Maruti has standardized it in its recent vehicles, a long press of 3 seconds and letting the stalk go should help reset it to 0.
Venkatesh.C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 14:41   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If Maruti has standardized it in its recent vehicles, a long press of 3 seconds and letting the stalk go should help reset it to 0.
Yes, I reset it like that. Baleno alpha and zeta variants have additional function in MID to reset FE display like manual, after every fuel refill, trip wise.
Old 7th March 2016, 19:51   #22
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Congrats on the car! The white is the second best colour after the ray blue IMHO.
Wishing you miles of happy ownership.

Does the rear sag considerably when loaded with 5 people?

And what's the trend with NEXA outlets not providing a good experience to the customer?
Thanks!

I think after the Ray Blue it is the Premium Silver which people opt for.
The white is similar to the Swift. I think the one on the Ciaz would have looked nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Congrats on the new car. I personally feel this is one decent machine in always possible in its price range.

The exact same problems with my Zeta (P) as well. There needs to be constant pressure on the steering wheel or else the car slowly drifts towards the left. My suspicion was incorrect tire pressure but even after deflating it down to the company recommendations didn't solve the problem. I'm hoping this is fixable and will take it up during the first service. I have read other reviews of the Baleno on different forums but no one else seems to the have the same problem.

Yep, again the exact same problem with mine as well. A metal scraping sound, not loud or harsh but a frictious, unchanging noise when the brakes are applied. I'm guessing its an adjustment issue and not anything major.

Its going to start at single digits, mine started at 8 but now hovers around 14 after completing 400 kms, most of it driven in the city. If you adjust the setting on the MID then these figures will be reset. So don't worry about it for now.
Thank You!

Do update if you find a solution to the issues.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, I reset it like that. Baleno alpha and zeta variants have additional function in MID to reset FE display like manual, after every fuel refill, trip wise.
Yes it does work that way. It is also mentioned in the manual that to go into the settings menu, one should first move away from the fuel efficiency screen as the long press will reset the readings. I prefer to go into the settings screen from the clock or the torque/power screen that way there is not chance of resetting.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 11:32   #23
BHPian

That was a very detailed and well written write-up! Also kudos on adding photographs of the tiniest details.

The car is indeed a great product from Maruti.

I'm thinking of going for the Alpha petrol myself in a few months time.
Great looking car, and all the best for the future.
Old 13th March 2016, 10:33   #24
BHPian

Hi SRK,
great detailed review. Even for a fellow Baleno owner, I got many new perspectives and information post reading your review. Do keep the info coming. Cheers and drive safe.
Abhi
Old 14th March 2016, 10:28   #25
BHPian

Congrats SRK , outdoor pics of your white beauty are awesome!! You have captured many details that helps even current owners like me. Wishing you many happy miles!

Can you please share the details of where you bought the silicone cover for the key fob?
Old 15th March 2016, 12:27   #26
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
That was a very detailed and well written write-up! Also kudos on adding photographs of the tiniest details.

The car is indeed a great product from Maruti.

I'm thinking of going for the Alpha petrol myself in a few months time.
Great looking car, and all the best for the future.
Thanks!

If you are planning to get one, I think you should book it soon. I don't see any increase in production capacity even though the exports have started.

In case you change your mind in between you can cancel the booking and ask for refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
Hi SRK,
great detailed review. Even for a fellow Baleno owner, I got many new perspectives and information post reading your review. Do keep the info coming. Cheers and drive safe.
Abhi
Thanks!

Glad to know the review was helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
Congrats SRK , outdoor pics of your white beauty are awesome!! You have captured many details that helps even current owners like me. Wishing you many happy miles!

Can you please share the details of where you bought the silicone cover for the key fob?
Thanks!

I got the silicone cover from a local accessories shop. Ask for the Maruti Keyless cover, since the company provides same key fob for all their cars.
The shop I went said they don't have one for Baleno as its a new car, I said anything for Swift, Ciaz will do. You can get them online as well for around Rs.200/-
SRK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 12:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Thanks!

If you are planning to get one, I think you should book it soon. I don't see any increase in production capacity even though the exports have started.

In case you change your mind in between you can cancel the booking and ask for refund.

I've almost changed my mind already. 5-6 months waiting period just doesn't fit my requirements. Thinking of going for the Jazz instead. So disappointed in MSIL. They built a great car and now they don't have enough to go around.
Old 20th March 2016, 17:47   #28
BHPian

Congratulations SRK on getting the latest IT Car on Indian Roads,
Baleno I think is the Best Maruti Car on roads yet,
Drive safe, and ENJOY !!
Old 21st March 2016, 15:51   #29
BHPian

Hello SRK,

Congrats for buying this beautiful car. The Baleno is a true attempt of Maruti Suzuki to dethrone the Elite i20 from its position. Your initial ownership report is excellent in all aspects. You have covered almost every inch of this very appealing and feature laden car. IMHO the interior could have been better if they’d gone with the dual tone styling. I own an Elite i20 and I must admit, The Baleno is giving very tough competition to the benchmark setter Elite i20.
Old 21st March 2016, 21:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Baleno! With regard to to that dummy LED on your tail lamps - those are rear fog lamps and a provision has been made to accommodate those lamps for the export EU version. MSIL are saving a few quid by not giving them as standard here. Even my Lodgy has a dummy portion in the tail lamp that acts as a rear fog lamp in Europe.

Interesting to observe the instrument cluster that's marked all the way to 220 kmph. To do that, they've downsized the figure "200". It appeared pointless but I realised its a stroke of genius. Maruti have let the driver focus on the 220 figure which conveys a sense of a fast racer, high speed car, higher than the norm 200 figure.

Anyway, enjoy your ride!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks